AuthorTopic: Let's see your desktop! XD (56K Warning: Big pictures inside)  (Read 166440 times)

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
Re: Let's see your desktop! XD (56K Warning: Big pictures inside)
« Reply #520 on: May 08 2007, 06:24 am »
^ Now that's a neat wallie. For some reason I can't remember where the pic came from. Dang memory gap :XD:.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #521 on: May 08 2007, 07:24 am »
Now that's cool. I do have that wallpaper except mine doesn't rotate like yours. Thanks for sharing :greengrin:
^ Now that's a neat wallie. For some reason I can't remember where the pic came from. Dang memory gap :XD:.
Not possible, Arcademan. I made the wallpaper. Not the circle, just the wallpaper. Got the circle from MiniTokyo. But unless someone made the wallpaper before I did, I'm the only one in the world with it. =D
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #522 on: May 08 2007, 01:04 pm »
Not possible, Arcademan. I made the wallpaper. Not the circle, just the wallpaper. Got the circle from MiniTokyo. But unless someone made the wallpaper before I did, I'm the only one in the world with it. =D
Looks like yours but upon further review, you're right. Yours has the world in it. My bad...it was a very long time ago when I looked at it and finally found it amongst my old files. Close but yours is much better.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #523 on: May 09 2007, 08:13 am »
...The world? What's that? It's a magic circle. No "world". XD

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
« Reply #524 on: May 10 2007, 11:37 am »
For the moment I have this.... I really obssesive to have the desktop clean, maybe 1 or 3 icons outside, no more:

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #525 on: May 10 2007, 01:00 pm »
Mm. I hate a mess of random icons strewn about the desktop too. But I have a lot, and I categorize all of them.

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #526 on: May 10 2007, 01:06 pm »
Well I have a lot of Icons like 30 but in PC in the tool bar I put the right click then in in propaities in Tool bar I activate the option that say something like show quick start or somethin like that and the icons apears in the tool bar beside the Start button, must of the icons you have to pull them to that part but is very effective and helps you to keep the desktop in order.

Member of Halita-fansub

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #527 on: May 10 2007, 03:48 pm »
Yeah, I used to use that too, back when I was running smaller resolutions. But now that I have 1920 x 1200, I put all the stuff on my desktop and organize it. My favorite stuff is still on the quick launch though, but only on the very front. I never open up the submenu, and I very rarely if ever use the start menu at all.

I always have Xfire on the left and Trillian on the right, 24/7. My chat windows border the bottom of the screen (Xfire on left, real-life friends in the center, internet friends on the right), and all other windows (such as Firefox, Microsoft Office programs, Windows Explorer) open in the center.

As for how I organize my icons: usual computer utilities are along the far left column, second left column has music and video players. Far right column has chat programs, second right column has audio/video/image editors. First center row has video games, second center row has other utilities I frequently use. The quicklaunch, which shows five icons, has: "Show Desktop", "Firefox", "Windows Media Player", "Winamp", and "Trillian".

It's a very streamlined interface, easy to use, easy to get to stuff, and all of my information is on-screen when I need to know things. My resolution plays a huge role in my interface; if it weren't as big and spacious as it is, I wouldn't be able to organize this well. =)

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #528 on: May 10 2007, 10:55 pm »

Do you have the windows vista version???? because is so cool the icons and design of the desktop!!!!!!!!

Member of Halita-fansub

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #529 on: May 11 2007, 01:21 am »

Thanks, the pic is from chapter 136 volume 18 ^^
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #530 on: May 11 2007, 04:18 am »
Thanks, the pic is from chapter 136 volume 18 ^^
Wow, I can't believe I missed that. That picture looks really nice, I've always loved serious Sakura pictures. <3

She looks so... evil. XD

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #531 on: May 11 2007, 04:58 am »
Yeah, I used to use that too, back when I was running smaller resolutions. But now that I have 1920 x 1200, I put all the stuff on my desktop and organize it. My favorite stuff is still on the quick launch though, but only on the very front. I never open up the submenu, and I very rarely if ever use the start menu at all.

I always have Xfire on the left and Trillian on the right, 24/7. My chat windows border the bottom of the screen (Xfire on left, real-life friends in the center, internet friends on the right), and all other windows (such as Firefox, Microsoft Office programs, Windows Explorer) open in the center.

As for how I organize my icons: usual computer utilities are along the far left column, second left column has music and video players. Far right column has chat programs, second right column has audio/video/image editors. First center row has video games, second center row has other utilities I frequently use. The quicklaunch, which shows five icons, has: "Show Desktop", "Firefox", "Windows Media Player", "Winamp", and "Trillian".

It's a very streamlined interface, easy to use, easy to get to stuff, and all of my information is on-screen when I need to know things. My resolution plays a huge role in my interface; if it weren't as big and spacious as it is, I wouldn't be able to organize this well. =)
that's incredibly organized o.o
I can't believe you're so young..
You're the only person who has made Vista look good..
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #532 on: May 12 2007, 07:59 am »
Hey. If you know what you're doing, you can make anything look pretty.

And Aero looks nice. Not as nice as Aqua, but certainly better than Luna or Classic.

(I hate squares and angles. Curvy edges look pretty, and they look even better when they're all fadey and stuff. Which is why I heart Aqua and Aero. Things that just appear are, like, so 1990's.)

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #533 on: May 12 2007, 09:04 am »
I'm assuming that Aero, Aqua, Luna and Classic are different skins for Vista?

Things that just appear are, like, so 1990's.

haha, I love this quote.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #534 on: May 12 2007, 01:28 pm »
NO. Absolutely not. Why would I compare it against itself? I was comparing Vista's shiny default skin, Aero, with other skins from other products. Aqua is the magnificent work of Apple for the Mac OS X and features a soft unobtrusive color scheme, and the effects are a lot better and a lot prettier. Luna was the atrocious looking theme for Windows XP that was full of clashing colors and whatnot (yuck). Classic is the boxy grayish meh theme for all of the Windows OS's preceding Windows XP.

Windows Aero

Aqua

Windows Luna

Windows Classic

Personally, the things I like about Aero are its glassy look, its intuitivity, and its . However, Aqua is also really good looking and takes up a lot less memory, and it has much better effects (like I said, stuff that just "disappears" is really outdated nowadays). It's important to note that Aero got a lot of influences and ideas from Aqua (or at least we can assume that, since Aero came years after Aqua).
« Last Edit: May 12 2007, 02:06 pm by Takeru ¥amamoto »

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #535 on: May 12 2007, 08:31 pm »
lol, the background thread turned into the PC thread, I'm surprised there isn't one already actually, there is a my pc hates me thread but it's not really the same.

NO. Absolutely not. Why would I compare it against itself? I was comparing Vista's shiny default skin, Aero, with other skins from other products. Aqua is the magnificent work of Apple for the Mac OS X and features a soft unobtrusive color scheme, and the effects are a lot better and a lot prettier. Luna was the atrocious looking theme for Windows XP that was full of clashing colors and whatnot (yuck). Classic is the boxy grayish meh theme for all of the Windows OS's preceding Windows XP.

Windows Aero

Aqua

Windows Luna

Windows Classic
You mean "YES, ,That's basically right"? If I took out the words "for Vista" on the end of my post, that's what I was trying to say/get at. I didn't know those skins all had their respective names.

But you called the mac skin magnificent? I must immediately protest. That skin has done nothing but irritate me for two years now, that's how long I've been using one and it's done nothing but make me like it less and less. The colours for it are extremely dull, especially after hours of work on it and having to look at them all the time. As you can tell, I very much dislike mac's skin, however the perfect OS would be mac's power/abilities in an (I'm assuming that it's a good skin) Aero skin using Windows controls.

While Luna, I've yet to see any of these "clashing colors" since Blue, Green and Red all go hand in hand with each other, what with them all being primary colours. It's not the most beautiful thing in the world to look at but at least it's more comforting on the eye than mac & classic.

I don't think anybody liked classic so nothing to disagree with there, lol..

Personally, the things I like about Aero are its glassy look, its intuitivity, and its . However, Aqua is also really good looking and takes up a lot less memory, and it has much better effects (like I said, stuff that just "disappears" is really outdated nowadays). It's important to note that Aero got a lot of influences and ideas from Aqua (or at least we can assume that, since Aero came years after Aqua).
Yes I totally agree on the Aero comment about the glassy look, that really attracts me to it too but again with the Aqua, It was just not a nice skin to look at or use. By stuff that disappears are you trying to talk about how when you minimize a mac window you it goes down in it's 'Genie' style? It's nice looking that one few milliseconds piece of animation but to instantly assume that they got that from Aqua is jumping the gun a bit, Since Luna itself also carries the same function. Luna's version may not be animated nearly as well but none of it's windows just disappear, when you minimize it, the window goes down the screen and into the task bar and the windows that do just disappear are when you click the X and then I want it to disappear ASAP to stop wasting my time with a window I don't want/need. like you said, stuff that disappears is really outdated, and that's why the OS skins haven't done that since the classic skin.

I'm still not prepared to risk exploitation by getting Vista. It may look nice but the amount of faults with Vista are just too big, I don't have £40-£70 to spend on something just because it looks nice. When it becomes safer and it's problems sorted out then I shall re-evaluate how I see it.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #536 on: May 13 2007, 06:34 am »
Aye. But if you were getting it for free...

(I still think Luna looks really bad.)

What Aqua succeeds in doing is making it look plain without making it look uninteresting, or downright ugly. And of course you'll grow to dislike it after a while, that's just natural. Things get old, life goes on. *shrug*

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #537 on: May 14 2007, 05:56 am »
Aye. But if you were getting it for free...

(I still think Luna looks really bad.)

What Aqua succeeds in doing is making it look plain without making it look uninteresting, or downright ugly. And of course you'll grow to dislike it after a while, that's just natural. Things get old, life goes on. *shrug*
I dunno, I've been on XP a few years and I'm not bored of it, in fact, I don't get bored of a lot of things. I'm still into music from when I was 10. I wonder.. does that make me weird? lol

and I still wouldn't accept Vista even if it was free, It's a hell of a lot more dangerous than XP is at the moment. Vista will be usable when they sort all the faults out with it. It still looks pretty tho.

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
« Reply #538 on: May 14 2007, 02:08 pm »
i've heard bad things about windowns vista but it does look cool..
meh idk a thing about computers except the basic

--
my desktop looks like this

hehe its messier inside.. i haven't move the files since i messed it...-- everything is oin once folder :P  well except my yaoi. and yuri. its on "lalala"--

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #539 on: May 14 2007, 07:58 pm »
Underoath <3 <3

It's weird seeing windows in another language XD