CLAMP's Famous Works > Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

General discussions on the TRC Movie

<< < (35/49) > >>

.::ka::.:
Tsubasa movie is awesome !!!! The art and the animation are so coooooollllllll !!! I love it more than anime series.... But, the story is quite of .... boring ~ Nothing much happened out of expect ...

Kurogane and Fai are just so blank... they only have a little of action show, we are most see Syao, Sak and Tomoyo...

Brad:
I think it was a good length. At least at this point in time until they get all the feathers. THEN I'd like to see a 2 hour finale movie animation style!

p.s. If anyone's interested I just did a review of the Movie DVD with screencaps of the movie and menus, etc. http://www.casualsmirk.com/tsubasa/review_dvd_movie01.php Hopefully it'll be useful for reference. ;)

Am so glad everyone's seen the movie now! I saw it in August and had noone to talk to about it!  :lol:

AkaiYuki:
Hnn, I've seen it, now.. And I dunno.. It was alright. I really pretty much only paid attention to the five minutes of Kuro and Fai! XD The rest of it was alright.. It was pretty boring if you ask me.. There was no humor in the movie at all! But what was supposed to be serious ended up being funny to me! XD I mean, heck, the big bad bird they had under the ground just looked like Tucan Sam on steroids! Then there was that tongue thing... XD

selenityshiroi:
The artwork was beautiful...but I found the story trite and dull.  It didn't really fit in with the feel of the manga.  It was full of fanservice too (Sakura/Syaoran moments and Kuro/Fai hintsaplenty) which is good whilst you're watching the movie, but after the movie you see it as corny and cheap.

The animation was top notch, though.  And I LOVED the way Kurogane and Fai's battle was coordinated (they fight so well together!).

But the plot was just boring, underdeveloped and rushed.  The XXXholic movie had a better plot (and most of that movie was just Watanuki running around a house and freaking out!).  And I don't like how they keep reusing Tomoyo-hime (or President Tomoyo, or Tomoyo in a position of power and rank).  Sure, she gives off the aura of a kind, benevolent leader and looks all pretty and princessy, but it would be more interesting and original to see her as a common worker or something.

::sigh:: Maybe I've come to expect too much depth from my Clampworks!

Selenity

Jeannette:

--- Quote from: selenityshiroi on March 11 2006, 04:49 am ---The artwork was beautiful...but I found the story trite and dull.  It didn't really fit in with the feel of the manga.  It was full of fanservice too (Sakura/Syaoran moments and Kuro/Fai hintsaplenty) which is good whilst you're watching the movie, but after the movie you see it as corny and cheap.

The animation was top notch, though.  And I LOVED the way Kurogane and Fai's battle was coordinated (they fight so well together!).

But the plot was just boring, underdeveloped and rushed.  The XXXholic movie had a better plot (and most of that movie was just Watanuki running around a house and freaking out!).  And I don't like how they keep reusing Tomoyo-hime (or President Tomoyo, or Tomoyo in a position of power and rank).  Sure, she gives off the aura of a kind, benevolent leader and looks all pretty and princessy, but it would be more interesting and original to see her as a common worker or something.

::sigh:: Maybe I've come to expect too much depth from my Clampworks!

Selenity

--- End quote ---
LOL. Actually, this is pretty much my feelings about it. But... corny isn't necessarily bad, to me. But the anime of CLAMP's works are never as good as the manga. They're usually pretty good, but never as good. But never say you expect too much from CLAMP! CLAMP's works are a mixture of light fluffiness and deep philosophy, excellent story line and complete and utter fanservice. That's why we love'm!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version