AuthorTopic: Hot Gimmick  (Read 5869 times)

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
Hot Gimmick
« on: September 14 2005, 11:15 am »
Who reads this manga? I know likachi and Pikari do, but I was wondering if anyone else does...

Maybe I should give a backstory *chuckle*

This girl named Hatsumi, is clumsy, sweet and overall pushover. She didn't have the best life because she lives in a small apartment with her sister Akane, Shinogu hawt-ness... and her parents. The 'queen' of the company apartment is Mrs. Tachibana, and her irksome, and even sadistic bully son Ryoki Tachibana. They pretty much ow the place, run the place, the usual. Hatsumi and Ryoki got to a bad start though, when he pushed her down the stairs when she was little, so she is postively frightened by him. Anyway, Akane, Hatsumi's popular, pretty and even a little snobbish little junior high sister claims that she might be pregnant since she didn't get it *yet*. Hatsumi is in shock, but what's worse is that Akane told her to go get a pregnenacy test from the pharmacy. Hatsumi at first refuses but her sister's illogical reasoning makes her go. When she goes to the store *in this hilarious getup by the way, since she's posing as a college student* she bumps into this yummy... guy, who seems kind, but whatever, she apologizes, leaves, but takes off her getup though. As she walks home, she bumps into yes, again...I told you she was clumsy  :D Ryoki Tachibana, the sadistic evil glasses-bearing hottie, who made her life a living hell, and has made it her top pirority to avoid--which has worked for the most part--until now! Since she bumbs into him, her bag falls down, the pregnacy test falls down, and yeah, hell ensues. Ryoki says smugly that "This is the first time I see you in a long time, and you're pregnent" and she quickly denies it, which causes her to-accidently-tell him that its actually her sister that might be pregnant. Ryoki being the sadistic person he is, says he'll tell his mother, who is the queen, who will gossip, and make her family even more embrassed then it already is. So she pleads, and says she'll do anything, and he says "Be my slave", and yeah.....EVIL  :drunken_smilie:

So in short, read this manga if you haven't and read my slightly messy and even poorly done summary, and tell me what you think. However, fans can tell me there opinion, and we can fangirl/fanboy over it!  :tongue:

Okay, I shall leave now *toddles off*
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
Re: Hot Gimmick
« Reply #1 on: September 14 2005, 12:42 pm »
Yep, Hot Gimmick fangirl here. ^___^;

There's just something about the characters that make them so likable and relatable, plus the art's fantastic.

Favorite characters, anyone?

I didn't like Ryoki at first, but I love him now that his character's developed so much. I love how he can be such a b*stard and a confused and horny teenager at the same time. :lol:

And Shinogu is love, too. <3 Have you read volume 9 yet? Won't say anything if you haven't, but... eeee!

I like Asahi too, I think. I'm kind of rooting for her and Shinogu. ^^;

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #2 on: September 14 2005, 11:45 pm »
YAY! Fangil ftw! :XD:

The art is really pretty, and I love the urban setting too ^^"

My favourite character is Ryoki as well :lol: I like how he develops as well, its nice seeing him be a b*stard at first, to a b*stard with feelings :lol:

Shinogu is love and I did read volume 9! WOW!
Show content
Him and  Hatsumi kissed...I think 0_o, and he left for good! Oh noez! Also Ryoki and Hatsumi get far.....yeah XD

I like Asahi as well, she really needs Shinogu, but Shinogu probably doesn't notice her feelings for him. Kind of sad that
Show content
she cut her hair, it was pretty before, and she did it to work near him, and now he leaves -_-
She really is kind ^^

I dont like Akane much, maybe because she almost got Hatsumi and trouble, but I dont like her much. I forgot the otaku's name...erm, he's cute though, I like the 10 bears thing, made me 'awww' for awhile XD
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #3 on: September 15 2005, 08:52 am »
OMG!!! Fisah!! You started a Hot Gimmick thread. HOLY CRAP!!! Now I can talk about HG all I want. HAHA!! Now what are we talking about right now.. Hmmm...

o.O Favourite character.. I have no clue. I like Ryoki but hate him at the same time. haha. I like Azusa too though. But then after what he did.. eh.. I sort of hate him now too. rofl!! I just can't decide. HAHA!! Don't make me pick!!!!!!!!! T___T lolz

Akane.. I don't like her either. She was so mean to Hatsumi before. >_< lolz

o.O I've need to read volume 9! AH!!!!!! OMG!! O__O The spoiler that Fisah put up was for volume nine.. and I read it. O__O *shoots self* No wonder I didn't get it. ARG!!!!!!! Why do I always have to ruin stuff for myself. T___T SO SAD!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* I'm so stupid!!!
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #4 on: September 15 2005, 01:45 pm »
LMAO yes I did! :lol: Now we can fangirl to our heart's content :XD:

Asuza was my favourite character, until he...
Show content
almost got Hatsumi gang-raped :0
but now I <3 Ryoki, its nice seeing him be soo...caring >_> Though the
Show content
I want to see you're tits RAW scared me a little, no, ALOT.
but compared to the other guys, he's decent...I guess there all abnormal in some way or form XD

NO! Your not suppose to read it! NOW THE TENSION IS GONE!! NOEZ! Dont do that for Volume 10 though ^^
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #5 on: September 16 2005, 05:56 am »
-__-" *sigh* I hate spoiling myself. I didn't know it was for volume 9 though! I thought it said 8. T___T SO SAD!! *sigh*

Now that you mention it, there is always something wrong with each of the three main guys in the manga. ROFL!! That's just funny. haha I wonder what will happen in the end. But then I sort of know already. ROFL!! But I won't say anything. Or should I post it in a spoiler tag?? haha. Hmmm.. Don't know. I'll see!!! But I think the ending is pretty clear, well to me. haha. ^__^
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #6 on: September 16 2005, 06:14 am »
Subaru and Akane are cute, but they're not my favorites. Akane is just the type of preppy, popular, slu.tty character I don't like.  :shifty:

I didn't like what Azusa did to Hatsumi, either, but he had a lot of angsty reasons for it, which makes him interesting. At first I thought the model thing made him a little too 'perfect', but now he's okay. ^^

I heard the manga ended a little while ago in Japan, but I'm trying to stay away from spoilers too! I want volume 10!! Heh... anyone think Ryoki and Hatsumi will *ever* get to 'do it' before the end?  :lol: :lol:

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #7 on: September 16 2005, 06:23 am »
Subaru rocks! I love him!! haha. He's into Gundams!! ROFL!! Like me!!! haha. ^__^ I don't like Akane. xP She's just.. a mean girl.. *remembers the movie Mean Girls* rofl!!

Yea.. I use to think Azusa was a bit too perfect before he tried to do that to Hatsumi. But now he's good. I mean like he's not trying to do anything else now. He's even being nice to Hatsumi.

Hmmm... I think, they'll probably get to do it before the ending. haha. I mean like if they don't.. that sort of ruins the story. ROFL!!!

Has anyone not liked Hatsumi for a while. I did. I mean like she bugs me at times. Like when she's always 'chasing' after a guy or something. Yea.. I don't really remember what other stuff she does to pisses me off but she just does. -__-" lolz.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #8 on: September 16 2005, 06:41 am »
Yeah, I know what you mean about Hatsumi... especially when she just gives in to everything Ryoki tells her. I want to scream at her - "Stand up for yourself!!!!" >_<

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #9 on: September 16 2005, 06:49 am »
YEA!! That's what I've been meaning to say. She just makes me want to scream at her. I mean like she's like "I love him." And blah blah blah.. It gets me mad. And when she tells Ryoki everything about her and her brother and such. I mean like she knows that Ryoki will get mad but she just tells him. ARG!!!!!!! What the heck!! And then he ends up telling her to stop thinking about other guys other than him.

That makes me hate Ryoki now. He's too demanding and not really caring about Hatsumi. lolz. He better change soon. lolz. If Ryoki was nicer and stuff, I would like him more. ^__^

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #10 on: September 16 2005, 02:54 pm »
LMAO you guys are right about Asuza, he was way to perfect, though he scares me sometimes. Dont you guys think he smiles alot? At times in the wors possible moment? Its like "I hate you Hatsumi *grin*". It scares me soo much -_-

Ryoki and Hatsumi will defiently, especially since she isn't so unwilling, though I'm not quite ready to see a full on graphic scene though >_> Maybe it will be more, shoujo-ish? *groan*

Hatsumi is really annoying sometimes, like how she's way to depended on people, and wants them on their good side so much. Take Asuza for example, the guy ALMOST GOT YOU
Show content
gang-raped
, as much as a angsty hot lonely puppy is nice to take home, dont be so damn trusting! And she's way to depended on Shinogu, and he just has to be nice to her, and be the caring brother, as much as it hurts him. I mean, I was so annoyed when she just said "It cant be true, blah blah", it really got me on my nerves -_-

Ryoki is mean sometimes, but he can be nice, in his geeky way, I guss >_> Though he's my favourite character so far, especially after volume 9 *__*
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #11 on: September 17 2005, 12:36 pm »
HAHA!! I get what you mean about the Hatsumi thing too. She's just a little to trusting of people. *sigh*

And why is she SO STUPID!!! >__< I mean like all she thinks about is 'doing what Ryoki tells her to do'. Well sort of. I mean like when she
Show content
found out that she's in love with Ryoki
, she started getting a bit more annoying. I mean like
Show content
saying her brother isn't in love with her! ARG! I love her brother!! T__T STUPID! And then telling him that 'you'll always be my brother' @__@
. For some reason, those things really tick me off. lolz

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #12 on: September 17 2005, 04:57 pm »
LMAO me too XD Even if I am pro Ryoki x Hatsumi, its still annoying. Still, its nice to consider others feelings, and especially since Asahi told her everything, I mean my god, get a clue! Poor Shinogu ;__;, he
Show content
left because of her, is always taking care of her, risking his neck for her, god, at times she soo doesn't deserve it -_-
. Isn't she a little selfish sometimes too? She's always worrying about 'her' or 'Ryoki' or 'her and Ryoki' when its just not the time. PLUS, it suprises me that she goes "I need Ryoki" when your suppose to call your damn brother! At times, I really go WTF because she does the most stupidist things, that contradict her morality. Its like Ryoki is doing all the work in the relationship :P
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #13 on: September 18 2005, 12:35 am »
Totally. They make it look like Ryoki is making the relationship bad but it's really Hatsumi not really putting any effort into it. ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with what you just said, Fisah. *sigh* Hatsumi really needs to get a clue sometimes, wait no, it should be ALL the time!!! She thinks about others but not in the right way. I mean like she cares about others but then in the end it's all about 'Ryoki and her'. I mean like telling Ryoki everything you do with other guys is just a bit unbelievable. I mean like you do know what he's going to do eh? ARG!!!!!!!!! So stupid!! >__<

I think I know why I don't want to deal with love right now. *sigh*

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #14 on: September 18 2005, 12:47 am »
Yes, I agree as well. Her heart's in the right place, but she goes aboutit wrong. You have to be considerate sometimes. Like dont talk about Ryoki in front of Shinogu, dont act like he doesn't have feelings. Sure you see him as you're brother, but he doesn't. Man, she can be so weird sometimes...

That's why I love this manga, its really realistic, it made me hate relationships as well :P
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #15 on: September 18 2005, 01:11 am »
HAHA!!! Me and you are so alike.. it's weird. Are we really twins. O__O lolz.

Anyways. Yup yup. Don't talk about Ryoki infront of your brother. And don't talk about any guy in front of Ryoki. Not even your little brother, who I LOVE!!!!!. haha

HAHA!! Yea the manga can be a bit realistic at times. XD hehe

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #16 on: September 18 2005, 01:43 am »
Maybe we were sepereated at brith :o

Ryoki is creepy sometimes, ROFL he thinks she has a siste complex...that's just funny :haha:
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #17 on: September 18 2005, 04:14 am »
I think we were.. lolz.

But Ryoki knows that Shinogu isn't Hatsumi's real brother right?? *sigh* I know though. Ryoki is so selfish all the time. "Don't think about other guys. Only think about me!!!" O__O I really want to know what he thinks a girlfriend is. ROFL!! I mean like even Hatsumi said once, "I rather be a slave than a girlfriend..." LOLZ! I don't remember why she said that before but it's funny. XD

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #18 on: September 18 2005, 08:00 am »
True, he does know, but she didin't know for awhile, so he assumed she had a brother complex, ROFL! I did too ya know, at the very beginning, I said "EWW" for a long time, and asked the heavens that SOMEHOW Shinogu wasn't her brother. AND IT HAPPENED. God, what a relief. I cannot understand incest. -_-

LMAO, she said that because in a relationship you have to be willing, and she has to do more things with him, while when you're a slave, you have no choice. So its harder to say no when you have a choice, right? Plus, now shes just confused, even though he's still acting the same as before ^^
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #19 on: September 21 2005, 04:30 pm »
Ermm... *blinks* Can I join? :D

It was by luck that I stumbled into this manga. It was one of those mangas that were unwrapped so I got curious as to what this was all about...

And got addicted.

I've read only 2 books but out of sheer desperation (yes, I'm lame) I read full summaries of the next few books and all I can say is...

Gosh, I just love this manga! I find Ryoki and Hatsumi's relationship so amusing. I'd say get together and finish off with it, but it just beats the whole point of this wondrous manga. The drama, the humour... ^^

Then there's Azusa. Wow... just wow. One moment, you think he's really nice, the next... :XD: I'm definitely looking out more for him.

Ermm.. I think I'll talk about it more in my next post. @.@

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ