AuthorTopic: RG Veda Characters in Tsubasa *spoilers*  (Read 6427 times)

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
RG Veda Characters in Tsubasa *spoilers*
« on: July 15 2006, 12:09 am »
Sorry if you hate this topic, Sakaki-sama and Pikari-sama. ^^; I'm starting this topic to discuss the major RG Veda characters that play a part in Kurogane's and Fai's past- Ashura-ou, Kendappa, and Souma. The previous Ashura thread is all but dead; plus, I have completely changed my view on a few things concerning Ashura from when the Ashura thread was alive. So I hope you don't mind me starting this. ^^; If you do, delete this with my apologies.

Some thoughts:

1- We have seen Ashura-ou (hereafter dubbed daddy-Ashura XD) in Celes. What is the probability that kid-Ashura also exists/existed in Celes, but simply hasn't yet been shown? If kid-Ashura exists/existed, does Yasha also exist in that world?

2- In RG Veda, Taishakuten is clearly deeply in love/obsessed with daddy-Ashura, and they also have a powerful ying/yang motif with each other. With such a powerful bond, do you think it likely that Taishakuten also exists/existed in Celes?

3- Kendappa and Souma are shown in Kurogane's past. Kendappa seems likely to be dead by the time Kurogane leaves Japan, since Souma directly serves Tomoyo instead of Kendappa and Tomoyo appears to be the ruler of Japan by then. How might Kendappa have died? Do you think CLAMP will show that? Is she really dead?
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
Re: RG Veda Characters in Tsubasa *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: July 15 2006, 12:30 am »
I won't hate your topic. ^^;; I think it's interesting to see more theories than Ashura-is-evil-and-the-only-other-person-in-Celes. I wrote kid-Ashura into a fanfic like that once (though it wasn't very creative), but that was a long long time ago and I've kind of given up bothering to theorize anymore. ^^;;

About number three, though... when Kurogane first meets Souma in Outo, he asks if Ameterasu is with her. So I think at least Kendappa was alive at the time he left. Where she was, who knows..

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #2 on: July 15 2006, 12:31 am »
3- Kendappa and Souma are shown in Kurogane's past. Kendappa seems likely to be dead by the time Kurogane leaves Japan, since Souma directly serves Tomoyo instead of Kendappa and Tomoyo appears to be the ruler of Japan by then. How might Kendappa have died? Do you think CLAMP will show that? Is she really dead?

Maybe she just...um...retired early? =D;; And Souma didn't want to stop being a ninja? (Dammit Clamp, leave Kendappa alone. *ish all sniffly after what you told me*)

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #3 on: July 15 2006, 12:37 am »
Hmm, well, regarding kid-Ashura, parental bonds don't seem to be as important as romantic bonds in Tsubasa. Sakura's father is Clow Reed in Tsubasa and Syaoran's is (...through adoption, albeit) Fujitaka, so it's not for certain that kid-Ashura would be in Celes, though not entirely unimaginable.
« Last Edit: July 15 2006, 01:50 am by Emiko »
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #4 on: July 15 2006, 12:44 am »
Hmm, well, regarding kid-Ashura, parental bonds don't seem to be as important as romantic bonds in Tsubasa. Sakura's father is Clow Reed in Tsubasa and Syaoran's is Fujitaka, so it's not for certain that kid-Ashura would be in Celes, though not entirely unimaginable.

I'm going to slip off topic for a tiny brief second and say: In effect, wasn't Sakura's father Clow Reed anyway? Fujitaka was a reincartion of Clow, and although not the same, he was...but wasn't...but...was...am I making sense?

So it could be possible that there was a kiddy-Ashura in Celes...

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #5 on: July 15 2006, 02:27 am »
1. I don't think kiddy-Ashura and Yasha will be in Celes.  They've already had one world where they were important and it seems as what CLAMP is doing is have characters be in big roles in one world but then when the same character shows up again in another onethey end up playing a lessor role or are now a background character.

2. Taishakuten I definitely think is in Celes (or at least he was at some point, he could already be dead and only be shown in flashbacks).

3. Kendappa I kinda think is still alive.  Dunno why.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #6 on: July 15 2006, 02:40 am »
I don't think kid!Ashura was in Celes. But then again, we never see Fai's reaction when he encounters kid!Ashura in Shurano, so we can't really say for certain. But there's something about it though that makes me think kid!Ashura wasn't in Celes.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #7 on: July 15 2006, 04:53 am »
Sorry if you hate this topic, Sakaki-sama and Pikari-sama. ^^; I'm starting this topic to discuss the major RG Veda characters that play a part in Kurogane's and Fai's past- Ashura-ou, Kendappa, and Souma.

I don't hate your topic, Jeannette. ^_^ Hmm, I haven't read RG Veda in a really long time though, so I'll probably just glance at what everyone else has to say about it. And you are right, there are several dead topics on the last page in this section, with old opinions, and I think we need an archives section to stick them in. ^^;

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #8 on: July 15 2006, 05:42 am »
Yay, RG Veda! I fangirl that series too much for my own good.

1. I agree with what Rekall said, younger Ashura and Yasha had their story in Shura/Yama/Shara. If they do exist in Celes, they would be far in the background. Possibly they could both still be children?

2. I don't know about Taishaku-ten. I think that if he is in Celes, he must be either quite far away or dead. I can't think that Taishaku-ten would have let Fai get away with sealing Ashura-ou and then running off between different worlds. Also, if I were Fai in that situation I would be far more worried about Taishaku-ten coming after me than Ashura-ou. After all, this is Taishaku-ten, who is willing to kill thousands and wrench the stars from their paths for Ashura-ou. So he might be in Celes, but he'd have to be pretty far out of the picture. The suggestion is making me imagine bizarre Taishaku-ten/Ashura-ou/Fai love triangles, though. :sweatdrop:

3. I think Kendappa is still alive. If she's been killed off again, I don't want to know. Let me stay in denial. Does Kurogane ever say that Tomoyo was the one ruling the country? After all, she's still the princess-miko, not the empress as Kendappa was. Souma can still serve her lover's younger sister, right? And there is Kurogane's thought in Outo that Souma might be running around with Kendappa in instead of protecting Tomoyo.
TheĀ  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #9 on: July 15 2006, 11:02 am »
So why then is Souma spending so much time with Tomoyo rather than with Kendappa? Hmm...

Probably similar to the reason Souma spends so much time with Yasha and Ashura rather than Kendappa in RG Veda. Never let it be said that Souma doesn't pick her own battles. Souma does what she thinks needs to be done - if she thinks she can be more useful guarding Tomoyo, and that it is best for all that she does that job rather than another, she'll do it with dedication. (I suspect Kendappa isn't that happy about it, though.)

I'm also sick of people just assuming that elder Ashura is evil without knowing anything about him.  -_- What happened in Celes probably won't be too much like RG Veda (Dark Ashura and whatnot), but I'm really hoping to get further insight into Ashura-ou when he awakens in Tsubasa. He's such an enigma of a character (at least to me).
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline bearmoon

• I long for a wish that cannot be granted
« Reply #10 on: August 21 2006, 05:45 am »
Hmmm...the possibilities of there being a kid-Ashura don't look as slim to me as some of you think. While in Shura, Fai recognized the name Yasha as well as Ashura. Though I could be reading that completely out of context.

I wanna know more about the Celes Ashura too. Though I've only been reading the DelRey releases and could've not encountered that part yet.

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #11 on: August 21 2006, 08:31 pm »
Hmmm...the possibilities of there being a kid-Ashura don't look as slim to me as some of you think. While in Shura, Fai recognized the name Yasha as well as Ashura. Though I could be reading that completely out of context.

I wanna know more about the Celes Ashura too. Though I've only been reading the DelRey releases and could've not encountered that part yet.

From what I remember Kurogane says that the name of Yasha came up, and also the name Ashura, and when "Ashura" was mentioned he saw Fai go pale. One could maybe interpret that line as Fai when pale when Souseki started talking about both Yasha and Ashura. That would be a little odd since they were talking about Yasha for a while before Ashura was mentioned, and we saw Fai in that time, and he had no particular reaction, whereas his reaction to the name "Ashura" is hidden from us, so it can only be reported by Kurogane.

They haven't revealed a single thing about Celes!Ashura in the Japanese version yet, so you haven't missed anything on that count.

Random: I think it's neat that not only Fai recognizes the name "Ashura" - Kurogane does as well. Apparently the god called Ashura is worshipped in his Nihon (maybe Yasha, too).
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster