Poll

Will Fai and Kurogane become an 'official' couple by the end of Tsubasa?

But of course. They're only the cutest, best couple ever! It would be a travesty for them NOT to be together.
48 (35.3%)
Sure, it'd be sweet.
16 (11.8%)
Maybe.
19 (14%)
Hell no.
15 (11%)
Whatchya talkin' about, will? They're already making sweet, sweet love/shagging like rabbits.
14 (10.3%)
Don't know. Don't care.
4 (2.9%)
Like the idea, but highly, highly unlikely.
20 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 125

AuthorTopic: KuroxFai- The Official Canon Gloating Thread  (Read 98174 times)

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
Re: KuroxFai- Will it be canon?
« Reply #160 on: July 21 2006, 08:03 pm »
Omg... please. I can't even type a response, I'm laughing way too hard.

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #161 on: July 21 2006, 10:13 pm »
Well, Bee-train could make Kuromoyo and Fai/Chii anime canon if they really wanted to, even if CLAMP makes something else (KuroFai, for example) canon in the manga. After all, the Angelic Layer anime has different pairings from the manga version (which annoys me even though I've never seen the Angelic Layer anime). They already have things like episode 32, so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise...I wonder if the Japanese fangirls would pelt them with hatemail?
« Last Edit: July 22 2006, 12:04 am by Capella »
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #162 on: July 21 2006, 11:17 pm »
Well, Bee-train could make Kuromoyo and Fai/Chii anime canon if they really wanted to, even if CLAMP makes something else (KuroFai, for example) canon in teh manga. After all, the Angelic Layer anime has different pairings from the manga version (which annoys me even though I've never seen the Angelic Layer anime). They already have things like episode 32, so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise...I wonder if the Japanese fangirls would pelt them with hatemail?

They probably would. And I'd pelt them with a flame thrower. If KuroFai is canon, it's canon. FaiXChi just wouldn't make sense because of Hideki in Chobits...and...yeah. It sucks when animes think they can redo pairings differently from the artist's original ideas. It's almost like stealing the idea and calling it your own by playing god with the characters.

Or something.

In the manga - and I always think the manga is better than the animes in anything - KuroFai seems likely. Well. Likely in Clamp-sense.

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #163 on: July 21 2006, 11:28 pm »
They probably would. And I'd pelt them with a flame thrower. If KuroFai is canon, it's canon. FaiXChi just wouldn't make sense because of Hideki in Chobits...and...yeah. It sucks when animes think they can redo pairings differently from the artist's original ideas. It's almost like stealing the idea and calling it your own by playing god with the characters.

Or something.

In the manga - and I always think the manga is better than the animes in anything - KuroFai seems likely. Well. Likely in Clamp-sense.
Its true. If it ended up with faxChi, then ten bucks, that bee Train dies. When I showed my friend Volume One of TRC, and she saw Fai and chi together, she was like "No way, that is Hideki chi. What!". Chi is Hideki, just like Fa is for Kuro. Its just common sence people.
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Mimie

• New Fan
  • i am KYUT!!!!!!
« Reply #164 on: July 21 2006, 11:46 pm »
Actually, maybe what Bee Train was trying to show that Chii loved Fai as a creator NOT as a lover. Of course, it might only have been a crush on Fai but we all know that Fai doesn't like Chii THAT way....obviously it's all Kuro\Fai!
CLAMP has good fashion sense.....e_e

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #165 on: July 22 2006, 12:15 am »
We all know that Fai/Chii can't be canon because of Hideki. Bee-train may or may not have noticed the relevance of the "CLAMP soulmates" rule. Or they may think they're above that rule because they make the anime. Ep. 32 does make it look like they're trying to set up Fai/Chii as a couple, not just a creator/creation pair. I don't know if they're set enough on the idea to go through with it even if CLAMP puts Fai with someone else (or adds in Hideki) in the manga. Let's hope not.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #166 on: July 22 2006, 12:16 am »
I watched the entire Fai/Chii episode and I STILL could not detect any "romantic" vibes from those two. If they were trying to make them seem like a couple, they failed miserably. I thought the whole thing had a sort of younger sister/older brother feel.

Still, the episode itself was lame.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #167 on: July 22 2006, 01:38 am »
Well I dont think so cause till now they are showing us that Kurogane is inlove with his hime, Tomoyo and Fai loves Chii and that was very clear at episode 32 ^^
But you never know this is clamp we are talking about ;)
Oh boy. Why is this always the argument that is brought up?  Even if (and that is a reaaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyy huge if) Kurogane was in love with Tomoyo and Fai was in love with Chii at one point in their lives, that does not mean that they cannot change and love another person more than they loved people that are currently in their past.

Also, episode 32 has no canon standing whatsoever, it was just thrown in there by BeeTrain because they like adding pointless fillers. That makes people who don't read the manga believe that all this garbage they invent happens, and people form opinions such as the one you have stated above because they aren't recieving their information from proper channels. I choose to belive CLAMP's manga canon over the canon of an anime company who doesn't know how to adapt a manga into an animation.

And if Kurogane is in love with Tomoyo, then he'd be Freud's perfect case for the oedipal complex, because Tomoyo is practically exactly like Kurogane's mother in every way.

As for Fai, I just cannot see how anyone can believe that he is heterosexual XD

But whatever, if you choose to believe that Kurogane/Tomoyo and Fai/Chii will be canon, then shikata ga nai.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #168 on: July 22 2006, 04:24 am »
Oh boy. Why is this always the argument that is brought up? Even if (and that is a reaaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyy huge if) Kurogane was in love with Tomoyo and Fai was in love with Chii at one point in their lives, that does not mean that they cannot change and love another person more than they loved people that are currently in their past.

Also, episode 32 has no canon standing whatsoever, it was just thrown in there by BeeTrain because they like adding pointless fillers. That makes people who don't read the manga believe that all this garbage they invent happens, and people form opinions such as the one you have stated above because they aren't recieving their information from proper channels. I choose to belive CLAMP's manga canon over the canon of an anime company who doesn't know how to adapt a manga into an animation.

And if Kurogane is in love with Tomoyo, then he'd be Freud's perfect case for the oedipal complex, because Tomoyo is practically exactly like Kurogane's mother in every way.

As for Fai, I just cannot see how anyone can believe that he is heterosexual XD

But whatever, if you choose to believe that Kurogane/Tomoyo and Fai/Chii will be canon, then shikata ga nai.

Hyuu, well-said, meliwan-san! (Oh, that Freud. He certainly loves his sex.)

There are a lot of reasons why I dislike the Kuro/Tomo pairing. For one, Tomoyo is/was in love with Sakura. Even if she has never met Sakura as Kurogane's Tomoyo-hime, doesn't that give everyone some hint as to which way she swings? I'm not against bisexuality at all, but it would be incredibly unrealistic from Tomoyo's attraction to change suddenly from sweet, innocent Sakura to big, rough, manly Kurogane. In addition, Kurogane has been sent away to learn the meaning of true strength... presumably strength found in the heart like the sort of strength Syaoran has from his desire to protect Sakura. So wouldn't it be a little bit anti-climactic if he learnt this and then just went back home to marry Tomoyo, whom he could not learn this lesson from alone? Though I think he does care for her more than anyone else from his past, he isn't in love with her.

And FaixChii... I'm not even gonna touch that one. To me the entire idea of FaixChii just screams fangirl denial of Fai's sexual preference :lol:. But seriously...

Fig. A: Hideki.

Fig. B: Fai changing Chii into a security alarm. Pool covers = tru luv?!

Fig. C: Fai has spent less than 10 pages in her presence during the entirety of Tsubasa. Not to say he didn't have a good relationship with her beforehand, but there is no canonical reference to this.

Fig. D: Additionally, as far as we know, has spent 0 minutes thinking about her.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #169 on: July 22 2006, 05:25 am »
Omg... please. I can't even type a response, I'm laughing way too hard.

Ditto.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #170 on: July 22 2006, 05:32 am »
as to the fai chi episode, look closely, he was somewhat reluctant in returning the hug, and even then he only placed his hands on her shouldrs, ne? no "love" there. jsut alot of affectionate petting :tongue:
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #171 on: July 22 2006, 06:18 am »
Fye/Chii?  *starts giggling like mad*

manga > anime

manga canon > anime canon

CLAMP > Bree Train
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Offline Dayanira

• New Fan
« Reply #172 on: July 22 2006, 06:45 am »
I am a little tired of reading about GREAT DEVOTED LOVE between KuroxTomo and FaixChii (actually that's why this is the only forum related to Tsubasa that i visit). It's not that i don't respect other people's opinion, but HOW am i supposed to RESPECT something like THAT? OMG... "Fai has to come back to Ceres because he can't leave HIS CUTE CHII behind" what the hell is this?! As for KuroxTomo... In the begining of the story i myself thought that they might be a couple, however my reasons were: 1) i thought that SxS can't be the only couple of the series, and Tomoyo was from Kuro's world; 2) i started reading tsubasa BEFORE CCS and i didn't know who Tomoyo was ^_^.
And then all these lovely kurofai moments started... While watching the anime i thought they looked cute together (ep 16 is great, i even kinda feel sorry ithere's nothing like that in the manga), but i thought that it would be UNBELIEVABLY good if they stayed together, so i stopped thinking of it. But after reading MANGA i was like "WHATTA...?!! they DEFINITLY will be canon, If not... then i understand nothing about people's relationship"

Well, anyway KuroFai are already canon for me as well.
There are no coincidences in this  world... there is only Hitsuzen... Everything here  has already been predestined by CLAMP!!!

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #173 on: July 22 2006, 07:11 am »
*nods* I can see people thinking of Kurogane/Tomoyo in the beginning if they hadn't read CCS.    I also didn't read CCS first and had no clue who Tomoyo was but she seemed special to Kurogane. And then all the KuroFye stuff started up (pretty quickly I might add) and I threw all thoughts of Kuro and Tomoyo being a couple out the window.

Fye/Chii though...even if someone hasn't read Chobits I don't know how someone could think they are going to be canon.  After about a chapter I forgot who Chii even was. Because unlike with Tomoyo who gets thought of a lot, Fye never thinks of Chii.  Fye thinks more about Ashura-ou then the does Chii.

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #174 on: July 22 2006, 12:49 pm »
*nods* I can see people thinking of Kurogane/Tomoyo in the beginning if they hadn't read CCS.    I also didn't read CCS first and had no clue who Tomoyo was but she seemed special to Kurogane. And then all the KuroFye stuff started up (pretty quickly I might add) and I threw all thoughts of Kuro and Tomoyo being a couple out the window.

Yeah, I'm another one who read TRC before CCS and saw hints for Kurogane/Tomoyo back in Hanshin. I kind of forgot about it after that, though.

Because unlike with Tomoyo who gets thought of a lot, Fye never thinks of Chii.  Fye thinks more about Ashura-ou then the does Chii.

Which is why Fai/Ashura-ou is infinitely better than Fai/Chii. Ahem. I think our collective logic has quite crushed Fai/Chii by now. May it never come back zombie-like from the grave to eat our brains out.

We shouldn't be too hard on people who just watch the anime, though. If they can enjoy the series from watching it, that's good for them, right? Even if the manga is more "canon."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #175 on: July 22 2006, 12:54 pm »
We shouldn't be too hard on people who just watch the anime, though. If they can enjoy the series from watching it, that's good for them, right? Even if the manga is more "canon."

Don't bash the viewers, bash BeeTrain for lovin' the canonrape.

And as for Fai/Ashura, that definitely has tonnes more canon standing that Fai/Chii. Fai/anyone in Celes is plausible then, if Fai/Chii is.

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #176 on: July 22 2006, 01:20 pm »
Fai/anyone in Celes is plausible then, if Fai/Chii is.

Fye/anyone, eh?  Now I'm picturing a Celes version of Kuro. :P

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
« Reply #177 on: July 22 2006, 06:13 pm »
Fye/anyone, eh?  Now I'm picturing a Celes version of Kuro. :P
Or  Nihon!Fai...Say,  if  Kurogane stays in  Japan  and  Fai  continues  dimension  hopping...that  might  be  an  alternative.

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #178 on: July 22 2006, 11:53 pm »
Fye/anyone, eh? Now I'm picturing a Celes version of Kuro. :P

It's funny you say that. The night before last I had a dream that chapter 123 was about Fai's past and there was a Celes!Kurogane who was like his childhood friend and then the fell  in luuuuv XD Lol, my brain works in weird ways, especially when I am a sleep.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #179 on: July 23 2006, 12:20 am »
ZOMG. Celes!Kuro and Nihon!Fai should hook up. Yuuko should throw them together since OUR Kuro and Fai are currently unavailable, and we don't want them to be apart. Because.... wouldn't there be a Kuro in Celes and visa versa? Gotta think about that....

Emiko's Forum Family