Poll

Will Fai and Kurogane become an 'official' couple by the end of Tsubasa?

But of course. They're only the cutest, best couple ever! It would be a travesty for them NOT to be together.
48 (35.3%)
Sure, it'd be sweet.
16 (11.8%)
Maybe.
19 (14%)
Hell no.
15 (11%)
Whatchya talkin' about, will? They're already making sweet, sweet love/shagging like rabbits.
14 (10.3%)
Don't know. Don't care.
4 (2.9%)
Like the idea, but highly, highly unlikely.
20 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 125

AuthorTopic: KuroxFai- The Official Canon Gloating Thread  (Read 98206 times)

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
Re: KuroxFai- Will it be canon?
« Reply #140 on: July 04 2006, 07:04 am »
I've never seen the transcript people are quoting when they claim CLAMP said KuroFai was all in the fans' heads. Tha transcripts I've seen don't really suggest much either way, although Ohkawa does seem to be giggly. Mind, if you look at the CLAMP no Kiseki interviews, Ohkawa always seems to be giggly. Maybe she gets that way during interviews? Is there going to be an official transcript of the fan interviews? As in, one done by people who are not biased on the issue of KuroFai?
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #141 on: July 04 2006, 07:39 am »
Sorry, not mokona. If that name is the woman second from our left. Then yeah. I have to agree with the rest of the dialouge but I cannot agree with the first line. She said what are you thinking? Plus she did rubbed her forehead, which could have other meanings.

I find it kind of insulting that you are coming here only to contradict someone who has been a reliable member of this forum for a very long time. Maybe you don't mean it that way, it's hard to tell from forum posts sometimes. ^^; And of course you are certainly welcome to your own interpretation of what was said.
« Last Edit: July 04 2006, 07:51 am by Sakaki »

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #142 on: July 04 2006, 09:00 am »
Wait...so NO-ONE said that in the current volume there was going to be a KuroxFai moment? Is this all just a big translation mixup?
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline ChosenExiled

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #143 on: July 04 2006, 10:58 am »
I'm very sorry if I sound insulting. Maybe there is one big translation makeup or many of us who were there at clamp focus panel and misheard it. I wish there was a transcript at the ax website. I wish they could have allow us to bring the recording device. I'm not a major supporter of kuro/tomo or kuro/fai. But even if there is kuro/fai, sweatdrop what are the odds of them doing yaoi moment? Maybe a hug, but I never seen clamp made two guys kissing. Then again, was there any kissing in clamp works at all? (Sorry I was just rambling and hadn't read all of clamp works) The closet yaoi moment I saw was psycho fuuma licking kamui's face cheek. Sorry again, I'm just new to clamp and just recently became a fan of tsubasa. Plus a friend told me about chapter downloads here, so I check this forum out. Again, sorry if I sound insulting.
A disabled person can make a claim against you if your website makes it impossible or unreasonably difficult to access information and services. If you have not made reasonable adjustments and cannot show that this failure is justified, then you may be liable under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA), UK, came into force in 1995, and may have to pay compensation and be ordered by a court to change your site.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #144 on: July 04 2006, 11:55 am »
No problem. It's hard to tell sometimes how someone is meaning something in a forum post. ^^
Yaoi being more graphic, I don't think anything like that would be shown. There has always been plenty of obvious touching and grabbing though between them.

Offline Crystal_Wings

• Great Fan
  • Someday I'll Fly Away
« Reply #145 on: July 04 2006, 05:01 pm »
Clamp didn't really say much about the pairing. The translator translated it as something like "(is) this what the fans want?" I thought it was an odd translation. There was a lot of giggling, I just took this as her being nervous. She never answered it... she just later said that Fai is at a tough spot right now and that the Fai fans might hate her or be mad at her....  I thought that was interesting.

Sig made by the wonderful bLuetopaz
~Forum Family~
-Little Sister-
Kai_Mizuki a.k.a. hack.<3.fly

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #146 on: July 04 2006, 07:23 pm »
Ahh, I've heard so many versions of what was said. Eeshk.

I don't think CLAMP would ever have yaoi (although I want it so badly) but I see them doing what happened with Touya/Yuito with the face touching and significant glances.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #147 on: July 05 2006, 02:44 am »
Argh. I guess at this point, arguing about what was said is futile, since there's no tangible evidence of what she said except for in our memories. We can interpret their words and actions in so many ways, and our minds can change what was really said. We'll just have to wait and see what Clamp will do with Kuro and Fai in the future chapters (even though to me they're already practically canon ^^).

Offline sugahcat

• Good Fan
  • Yo!
« Reply #148 on: July 05 2006, 05:50 am »
Argh. I guess at this point, arguing about what was said is futile, since there's no tangible evidence of what she said except for in our memories. We can interpret their words and actions in so many ways, and our minds can change what was really said. We'll just have to wait and see what Clamp will do with Kuro and Fai in the future chapters (even though to me they're already practically canon ^^).

You said it perfectly ^__^ It's all left to memory, and is influenced by prior affiliations (eg KuroFay fan), it's a translation in any case so it might have been translated slightly differently to how Ohkawa meant it. This much, I think, is certain: they didn't actually answer one way or the other xD CLAMP are good at avoiding the subject.

I also agree with you that they're practically canon; I mean, I read that someone said that the way he treats Kurogane is just his flirt-y nature - and to an extent, it is, but he doesn't treat anyone else in the same way. I mean, we've seen him glomp Syaoran, but that was more friendly (and because of the promise of alcohol, lol), but he focuses so much more of his attention on Kurogane. And Kurotan gives him the attention right back, though often in a quieter, more subtle (and ninjalike!) way.

But apart from possibly a hug if one or the other of them needs comfort, I can't see us getting any other on-screen action, as it were, alas!

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 16 2006, 05:58 am »
Why does this thread exist at all, by the way? There's no question if they will be canon, they already are anyway ;)
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #150 on: July 16 2006, 09:12 am »
Technically, they're fanon. It's the question of whether it'll be totally officla or not, will CLAMP show what lies between the lies? The elephant in the room: will it go unnoticed or not?
lol@Fai/Chi fans

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #151 on: July 19 2006, 07:49 am »
Let me get this straight, my english needs a vocabulary update, LOL
With cannon, you mean a deffinite pairing between two? Not nesesarily homosexual?

Well, by what everyone's been talking in this forum, I say taht they will become a pair, but CLAMP wouldn't make it too noticeable, since the series if for ages 13+. Now if it were 16+ they wouldn't care.
Yet.. i could be all wrong and CLAMP will make it quite obvious because it's CLAMP and they love to surprise the fans.

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #152 on: July 19 2006, 06:18 pm »
With cannon, you mean a deffinite pairing between two? Not nesesarily homosexual?

Well, by what everyone's been talking in this forum, I say taht they will become a pair, but CLAMP wouldn't make it too noticeable, since the series if for ages 13+. Now if it were 16+ they wouldn't care.
Yet.. i could be all wrong and CLAMP will make it quite obvious because it's CLAMP and they love to surprise the fans.

I don't think age has anything to do with it. Have you ever read CCS? CCS was meant for all ages - young and old, but it's cutesy nature possibly appealed more to the younger children. That didn't stop Clamp from tossing in the Touya/Yukito pairing. It was quite obvious that that was canon, without being too obvious...if I'm making sense. If you do know what I mean then that's what I'm hoping for for Kurogane and Fai. I'm not expected anything big, but just a nice hint like with Touya and Yuki. One that canonises it without making it offending to other pairing shippers...that sort of thing.

Besides, the latest chapters of Tsubasa are...well...
Show content
blood filled, eyes getting torn out, people's arms getting torn off...
. That - to me - kinda pushes this 13+ rating just a little...

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #153 on: July 19 2006, 11:30 pm »

A canon pairing between two characters means that the two characters are definitely in a romantic relationship in the actual series, whether the couple is homosexual, heterosexual, or if we're talking about CLAMP, involves genderless people. "Cannon" is a weapon used to fire objects at something.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #154 on: July 20 2006, 01:09 am »
I don't think age has anything to do with it. Have you ever read CCS? CCS was meant for all ages - young and old, but it's cutesy nature possibly appealed more to the younger children. That didn't stop Clamp from tossing in the Touya/Yukito pairing. It was quite obvious that that was canon, without being too obvious...if I'm making sense. If you do know what I mean then that's what I'm hoping for for Kurogane and Fai. I'm not expected anything big, but just a nice hint like with Touya and Yuki. One that canonises it without making it offending to other pairing shippers...that sort of thing.

Besides, the latest chapters of Tsubasa are...well...
Show content
blood filled, eyes getting torn out, people's arms getting torn off...
. That - to me - kinda pushes this 13+ rating just a little...

That's very true... forgot about those two. Yeah, it was pretty clear taht something funny was going on between Touya and Yukito. And yeah you're right about the latest chapters too.
So... if they did that in CCS- that means we get more OBVIOUS KuroFye pairing? LOL

A canon pairing between two characters means that the two characters are definitely in a romantic relationship in the actual series, whether the couple is homosexual, heterosexual, or if we're talking about CLAMP, involves genderless people. "Cannon" is a weapon used to fire objects at something.

Oh! Yeah I imagined something lie taht, but didn't wnat to look stupid xD... even though I already did.
Thanks for the explanation.

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #155 on: July 21 2006, 04:03 am »
Yeah, but canon also refers to something that is factual. Like "Kurogane's hair is black" is canon.

Well, if anyone's even read or saw the anime of CCS you can't miss the Touya/Yukito relationship seeing as Yukito confesses his love of Touya to Sakura. The American one, you probably wouldn't have gotten much from it. Sadly, it doesn't mean that KxF will be canon, it means that there's more of a chance because if CLAMP had NEVER done homosexual plotlines before then our chances would be near to zero.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #156 on: July 21 2006, 04:44 am »
Yeah, but canon also refers to something that is factual. Like "Kurogane's hair is black" is canon.

Well, if anyone's even read or saw the anime of CCS you can't miss the Touya/Yukito relationship seeing as Yukito confesses his love of Touya to Sakura. The American one, you probably wouldn't have gotten much from it. Sadly, it doesn't mean that KxF will be canon, it means that there's more of a chance because if CLAMP had NEVER done homosexual plotlines before then our chances would be near to zero.

Well. No one sat around whining about Tokyo Babylon did they? And that's pretty prolific in homosexual relationships. And X/1999 is pretty ambiguous with it's pairings. Yeeeaaaaaah, I'm hoping for a Touya/Yuki esq. thing for Kuro and Fai. Touya and Yuki do remind me a little of Kuro and Fai...so I could see it happening. I mean, Touya never confessed like Yuki did, but he did something pretty drastic to help Yuki - sacrificing something of his for Yuki's sake.

(Who knows...Fai's in a pretty critical condition right now. Maybe we'll get something like that...and sooner than we think? XD)

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #157 on: July 21 2006, 05:27 am »
Mmmm, Clamp does like to do shounen-ai relationships... :shifty: I'm not a very fan of Kurogane/Fai pairing, it's strange *holds her hands up to avoid the bricks* BUT, I think they're very kawaii together... Strange, aren't I? :hehe:

Touya and Yuki do remind me a little of Kuro and Fai...so I could see it happening. I mean, Touya never confessed like Yuki did, but he did something pretty drastic to help Yuki - sacrificing something of his for Yuki's sake.

(Who knows...Fai's in a pretty critical condition right now. Maybe we'll get something like that...and sooner than we think? XD)

I agree with that, maybe Kuro-pii will do something drastic to help Fai, and by that maybe we'll get a hint if there is something between them...I hope so!  :greengrin:

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline White Puma

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #158 on: July 21 2006, 06:55 pm »
Well I dont think so cause till now they are showing us that Kurogane is inlove with his hime, Tomoyo and Fai loves Chii and that was very clear at episode 32 ^^
But you never know this is clamp we are talking about ;)

When lonelyness comes your way and feel that no one is there for you,
I'll be here to chear you up. Never give up!!! Genki!!!

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #159 on: July 21 2006, 07:14 pm »
Well I dont think so cause till now they are showing us that Kurogane is inlove with his hime, Tomoyo and Fai loves Chii and that was very clear at episode 32 ^^
But you never know this is clamp we are talking about ;)

Hmmm. See, this is where I don't like the anime. Episode 32 was a filler that Bee Train stuck in. It didn't happen in the manga...It's not part of the storyline...

(Although the Episode 16 filler cracked me up. Bee Train did something RIGHT for once.)

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

Forum Family