Poll

Will Fai and Kurogane become an 'official' couple by the end of Tsubasa?

But of course. They're only the cutest, best couple ever! It would be a travesty for them NOT to be together.
48 (35.3%)
Sure, it'd be sweet.
16 (11.8%)
Maybe.
19 (14%)
Hell no.
15 (11%)
Whatchya talkin' about, will? They're already making sweet, sweet love/shagging like rabbits.
14 (10.3%)
Don't know. Don't care.
4 (2.9%)
Like the idea, but highly, highly unlikely.
20 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 125

AuthorTopic: KuroxFai- The Official Canon Gloating Thread  (Read 98140 times)

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
Re: KuroxFai- The Official Canon Gloating Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 08 2006, 01:52 pm »
And I actually don't think Kuro would have done the same thing for Syaoran or Sakura. Yes, he would have tried to save them as much as he possibly could, but he *never* would have taken it as *personal* as he did saving Fai. He never even asked if there was another way, or even cared what *Fai's* opinion was, and I dare say that if anyone else would have offered to pay the price instead, he would have told them 'hell no'. I can't see him doing that for anyone else. That's just me....
indeed, i mean, look back at outo, when he first heard that fai was killed by seishirou. hislook was WAAY darker than it was when seishiro told him ke also killed syaoran. hell, he SMIRKED when seshrio told him htat, but when mokona told him fai was dead, his look was absolutly MURDEROUS> ^_^ [not aws murderous as his look in ch 124 tho. now THAT was SCAAAARY O_O]
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #301 on: August 08 2006, 02:25 pm »
That, Pikari, is a BEAUTIFUL post, and exactly what I have been saying the whole time. <3 Thank you, dear.

So loves, should I lock the poll? We don't want any bitter KuroTomo fans coming and destroying the vote, do we. XD
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #302 on: August 08 2006, 02:34 pm »
heh, you ought to lock it. the naysayers might come in and taint it just to spite us XP
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #303 on: August 08 2006, 05:09 pm »
...I'm beginning to find that TRC is dragging along... OK, so what happens from here? Fye becomes a vampire. Creepy. He sucks blood. Kurogane's blood. Most of the excited and climaxing momentum has gone for me... perhaps because the whole KxF fandom is screaming and saying, "Yes, yes, yes!!!! It's canon!!!! See? Go eat dust!!!" and stuff like that...
And seriously, I won't be convinced it's canon unless I see a kiss or a love confession.

Hm. I saw this in those...other.. forums whose name will not be mentioned. What do you guys think of this? Is it just me who thinks it is weird that the person who wrote that they're not convinced it is canon unless there is a kiss or a love confession is a huge Kurogane/Tomoyo fan?

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #304 on: August 08 2006, 05:20 pm »
..I'm beginning to find that TRC is dragging along... OK, so what happens from here? Fye becomes a vampire. Creepy. He sucks blood. Kurogane's blood. Most of the excited and climaxing momentum has gone for me... perhaps because the whole KxF fandom is screaming and saying, "Yes, yes, yes!!!! It's canon!!!! See? Go eat dust!!!" and stuff like that...
And seriously, I won't be convinced it's canon unless I see a kiss or a love confession.
Hm. I saw this in those...other.. forums whose name will not be mentioned. What do you guys think of this? Is it just me who thinks it is weird that the person who wrote that they're not convinced it is canon unless there is a kiss or a love confession is a huge Kurogane/Tomoyo fan?
what a lameass that person <_<. sounds to me like a kuro-tomo person, theyre rather ignorant if they miss the bright flashing signs this chapter gives off
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #305 on: August 08 2006, 05:24 pm »
what a lameass that person <_<. sounds to me like a kuro-tomo person, theyre rather ignorant if they miss the bright flashing signs this chapter gives off
I think the main issue I have is not that this person is a KuroTomo fan, but that they're saying they don't consider a couple canon unless they see a kiss/love confession. I just want to know why they consider KuroTomo canon then, if neither Kurogane nor Tomoyo have declared their love for the other, and they definitely haven't kissed.  -_-

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #306 on: August 08 2006, 07:02 pm »
Eh, and I think Fai sucking Kuro's blood for the rest of his life might actually be more intimate than kissing. ^^; Or well, to vampires anyway it's like... um, nevermind. ^^;;;

Definitely more intimate than kissing. I mean, you don't have to show love through a kiss or confession. I mean, it's obvious Syaoran and Sakura love each other (Sakura is beginning to fall in love with Syaoran again, I believe) yet this love is 'destined'. Okay, Sakura was going to confess, but the point of fact is that they cared about each other and - as Syaoran proved - would go to great lengths to keep the other safe.

What Kurogane has done mirrors that. He does care for Fai, as has been shown on occasion (you don't try so hard to remove someone's mask if you don't care about what you'll find underneath), and now he's tied his life to Fai's in order to save him. If anything, I think this is possibly more intimate and determined than what Syaoran chose to do for Sakura. He chose to go and retrieve her feathers, no matter how hard it would be, in order to save her life.

Kurogane has bonded himself to Fai for all eternity to keep him safe. He's willing to give up his blood on a regular basis to keep Fai alive (and trust me, I've been anaemic before...I'm not saying that Kurogane will become anaemic, but it's a possibility...and anaemia is not fun. You're constantly tired, weak, everything is a effort, you're pale, sick...and although in some cases it's treatable and easy to get rid of, it's not fun. Sadly my anaemia is only held at bay XD Stupid Lupus...), and this means he'll have to keep Fai by his side until they naturally die or...whatever.

Basically, it's a far bigger and more intimate price than Syaoran paid. Showing someone you care by going to that length is more of a love confession to me than anything. It's a far more hard-hitting confession; you don't have to confess to love in order to prove you love someone. The things you do, and the lengths you go to for them can often be enough...So in my mind; Kurogane has confessed to Fai. Just not in the conventional 'I love you' speech.

...As for the kissing...well. We'll have to wait and see. :D

(...Was that on topic, or was I just spouting nonsense?)

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
« Reply #307 on: August 08 2006, 07:11 pm »
No, wait, they provided interesting links though-> KuroTomo vs KuroFai debate (and for once its not wanky).
Part 1. http://ninjatrauma.livejournal.com/46173.html
Part 2. http://ninjatrauma.livejournal.com/69567.html

You may not agree to everything it says, but its a good read, and very well thought out. Of course, this was BEFORE the blatant subtext of chapter 120+   :haha:

Love your essay, Becster!
« Last Edit: August 08 2006, 09:35 pm by duchessa »

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #308 on: August 08 2006, 07:14 pm »
Oops, Becster, I was editing my post and didn't get it back up in time. So in case anyone wonders, this was what she was quoting:

Um... the title of this thread reads 'The official canon gloating thread'. Let's try and keep to that and leave the crap that is being allowed in other forums over in those other forums. It hasn't been allowed here, and won't be.  ^^

Eh, and I think Fai sucking Kuro's blood for the rest of his life might actually be more intimate than kissing. ^^; Or well, to vampires anyway it's like... um, nevermind. ^^;;;
« Last Edit: August 08 2006, 07:25 pm by Sakaki »

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #309 on: August 08 2006, 07:26 pm »
Beckster, your little speach there makes me think back, my htoery on kurogane's price seems to be half right. kuro would need his blood to be strong, and giving it to fai regualry would make him weak, there for, in a way, he;s giving up his strength to ensure that fai lives ^_^
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #310 on: August 08 2006, 09:44 pm »

I was just about to say that, actually. They have, like, a blood bond now. *nod nod*
But... About the feeding... How are they gonna pull that off? I mean, do vampires from Tsubasa actually stick their fangs in someone's neck? Or does Kurogane simply cut his arm again, to let Fai suck drink the blood?

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #311 on: August 08 2006, 10:21 pm »

I thought that too XD Well, who needs kissing if we know what that whole blood sucking business means? *g*

I was just about to say that, actually. They have, like, a blood bond now. *nod nod*
But... About the feeding... How are they gonna pull that off? I mean, do vampires from Tsubasa actually stick their fangs in someone's neck? Or does Kurogane simply cut his arm again, to let Fai suck drink the blood?

Hm, I like both varieties, but the neck-bite one is my favourite - for obvious reasons :D
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #312 on: August 08 2006, 11:00 pm »
OKay, again I use authorial intent to prove a point- I read those links, and what is said makes some sense.  However.  The K/T fan keeps mentioning that Tomoyo sent Kuro away.  Why did she send him away?  To learn strength.  Now, said fan argues that Tomoyo expects Kuro to learn said strength and then come back to her.  But, last week's splash page, "he begins to understand the reason he fights," makes me think that Tomoyo sent Kuro to find Fai, that caring for Fai is the strength he was meant to find.  I think that's what she intended all along.  I think she knew.  And is sitting in Nihon oho-ing the  couple.  Because, as has been stated numerous times, Tomoyo is gay.  She likes girls.  I feel like she treats Kuro much the way she treated Syao in CCS.  She's helping him to find his true feelings. For someone else.  And, as someone else said a long time ago, it seems rather anticlimactic for him to go on this journey and then just come back to Japan, marry the princess, and blahblahblah, esp. now that he'll have Fai in tow, and that would just be weeeiiird. Esp. seems how NObody is denying that Fai loves Kuro.  I'm rambling....

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #313 on: August 08 2006, 11:10 pm »
Ahahahah! I can just see Tomoyo sitting at a table, her eyes closed in a trance, and suddenly going "Ohohohohoho!"
Souma: P-princess Tomoyo? what happened? O_o
Tomoyo: Kurogane just formed an unbreakable bond with his true love! Ohohoh! I'm so clever!
Souma: ...
Tomoyo: If I ever meet this Fai person, I'll be sure to design a wonderful outfit for him! Something to fit his new vampire look! *starts sketching*
Souma: Errr...
Tomoyo: What are you waiting for, Souma? Start arranging the wedding!

Yes, yes. Even Tomoyo is gloating now. Muahahahah!

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.

Offline lynalar

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #314 on: August 08 2006, 11:28 pm »
Personally, I'd have to say they already ARE cannon.  The people who refuse to see it would deny it unless it was blatant and completely in their face. Even then they might.

All along, Fai and Kurogane have been paired up.  It's been in the artwork and covers...with Fai usually either very close or even touching Kurogane's arm.  Kurogane has watched Fai like a hawk and that has been evident in both the anime and the manga.

When you start getting into recent chapters, it becomes very evident to anybody with even a remotely open mind.  Kurogane's talk with Fai for one thing.  Yes, he talks to Syoaran but he kind of shrugs and accepts Syraoran's behavior even when it isn't something he likes.  With Fai, he gets irritated and narrows his eyes and tries to talk to Fai about it.

In the latest chapter...a detail people may have missed is that Kurogane HOLDS Fai the entire time.  Why?  The bed is there. Pillows are there if Fai's head needed to be raised.  Yet throughout the entire chapter, Kurogane remains there holding Fai instead of setting him down.  In one picture, Kurogane's other hand is resting on Fai's chest.

Let me tell you...I cannot see a straight guy, no matter how close to another male buddy, holding him and resting his hands on their chest.  Sorry, wouldn't happen.

Even barring that interpretation of it (admitting I'm a FaixKuro fan here) ....

Kuorgane, suspicious as he is, asks the witch if Fai can be saved.  Then he's willing to do anything to save him.  He not only becomes responsible for Fai's life but also binds himself to him, tangibly, for the rest of their lives.  So he now has an emotional responsibility for Fai's life but a physical one as well...now being Fai's "food source".  And he does it willingly and without hesitation.

I cannot truly see him doing that for Shoaran or Sakura. Yes, he'd fight for them.  Probably die to protect them...and no doubt would go a long way to save them if he could.  But somehow, I simply can't see him willing to bind himself for the entirety of their lives to either of them.  This goes beyond fighting for someone or dying to protect them.  This becomes a life time commitment to them.  And Kurogane chose this...knowing that from here on out, he and Fai will ALWAYS be together.

Truthfully, I can't see any potential other partners willing to "share" like that.  If either Fai or Kurogane were to be with other people romatically, they would have to accept that Fai and Kurogane have both a physical and emotional bond unlike any other.  In some ways, this binds them CLOSER than even a typical romantic bond.  How many people can say they are literally dependent for their lives on their partner?  How many people can say that they are responsible for their partner...not just the standard level but as a magickal price for a wish?  That pretty much becomes something of a geas.  While there are people out there who could share in that manner, it's few and far between and I can't see it happening here.

Unless, in some bizarre twist, Clamp shows a TRUE other pairing for either Fai or Kurogane...I think it's pretty much canon at this point.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the next chapter, though.

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #315 on: August 08 2006, 11:39 pm »
Personally, I'd have to say they already ARE cannon.  The people who refuse to see it would deny it unless it was blatant and completely in their face. Even then they might.

All along, Fai and Kurogane have been paired up.  It's been in the artwork and covers...with Fai usually either very close or even touching Kurogane's arm.  Kurogane has watched Fai like a hawk and that has been evident in both the anime and the manga.

When you start getting into recent chapters, it becomes very evident to anybody with even a remotely open mind.  Kurogane's talk with Fai for one thing.  Yes, he talks to Syoaran but he kind of shrugs and accepts Syraoran's behavior even when it isn't something he likes.  With Fai, he gets irritated and narrows his eyes and tries to talk to Fai about it.

In the latest chapter...a detail people may have missed is that Kurogane HOLDS Fai the entire time.  Why?  The bed is there. Pillows are there if Fai's head needed to be raised.  Yet throughout the entire chapter, Kurogane remains there holding Fai instead of setting him down.  In one picture, Kurogane's other hand is resting on Fai's chest.

Let me tell you...I cannot see a straight guy, no matter how close to another male buddy, holding him and resting his hands on their chest.  Sorry, wouldn't happen.

Even barring that interpretation of it (admitting I'm a FaixKuro fan here) ....

Kuorgane, suspicious as he is, asks the witch if Fai can be saved.  Then he's willing to do anything to save him.  He not only becomes responsible for Fai's life but also binds himself to him, tangibly, for the rest of their lives.  So he now has an emotional responsibility for Fai's life but a physical one as well...now being Fai's "food source".  And he does it willingly and without hesitation.

I cannot truly see him doing that for Shoaran or Sakura. Yes, he'd fight for them.  Probably die to protect them...and no doubt would go a long way to save them if he could.  But somehow, I simply can't see him willing to bind himself for the entirety of their lives to either of them.  This goes beyond fighting for someone or dying to protect them.  This becomes a life time commitment to them.  And Kurogane chose this...knowing that from here on out, he and Fai will ALWAYS be together.

Truthfully, I can't see any potential other partners willing to "share" like that.  If either Fai or Kurogane were to be with other people romatically, they would have to accept that Fai and Kurogane have both a physical and emotional bond unlike any other.  In some ways, this binds them CLOSER than even a typical romantic bond.  How many people can say they are literally dependent for their lives on their partner?  How many people can say that they are responsible for their partner...not just the standard level but as a magickal price for a wish?  That pretty much becomes something of a geas.  While there are people out there who could share in that manner, it's few and far between and I can't see it happening here.

Unless, in some bizarre twist, Clamp shows a TRUE other pairing for either Fai or Kurogane...I think it's pretty much canon at this point.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the next chapter, though.

Woah, this is one of the most beautiful posts I've ever read. Love you for this, really. *hands you a bowl of fake cookies and a pineapple*

And, you know, guys... Even after this chapter, I've still been a little cautious. What if CLAMP don't have them as pairing, though? What if it really is only deep friendship? Would be terrible. But everytime I read anything like this, I just feel like: OMG. Canon, guys, you're right. Hitsuzen, it's destined to be. Yeah!

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
« Reply #316 on: August 08 2006, 11:45 pm »
And, you know, guys... Even after this chapter, I've still been a little cautious. What if CLAMP don't have them as pairing, though? What if it really is only deep friendship? Would be terrible. But everytime I read anything like this, I just feel like: OMG. Canon, guys, you're right. Hitsuzen, it's destined to be. Yeah
I have that horrible feeling sometimes too. Reading the posts here always make things better. :)

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #317 on: August 08 2006, 11:52 pm »
O_O

That was one hell of a first post, lynalar. I love you. Everything you said was perfect. They ARE bound together now, and any other conceivable pairing would have to acknowledge that. I gave you a cookie for it.

So, if anybody should be yelling "_____ forever!!" it's the KF fans, since they actually WILL be together forever, like it or not XD
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Touei

• -gone-
  • Big Fan
« Reply #318 on: August 08 2006, 11:55 pm »
And, you know, guys... Even after this chapter, I've still been a little cautious. What if CLAMP don't have them as pairing, though? What if it really is only deep friendship? Would be terrible. But everytime I read anything like this, I just feel like: OMG. Canon, guys, you're right. Hitsuzen, it's destined to be. Yeah!

No, I think they will be a pairing - unless something goes tragically wrong in later chapters (we still dont know the whole story - any of the story, really - on Ashura, and this might affect it.). And even then, I think it would still be KuroFai. Even if the ending was infinately depressing and they both died or something D':
 CLAMP arent the type to just go down the good friends route. I honestly cant see it ending up with Fai and Kuro paired with anyone else than each other.
Seriously. They're blood bound together forever. How can either of them be with anyone else?

and *applauds lynalar* very nice post.

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 08 2006, 11:59 pm »
Yup, agree with you all. It'd just be boring if they were like "Oooh, hello, pal. Time to feed?" now *gags*

lynalar, I printed your post out and will take it with me to the doctor's now to make the waiting comfortable XD
(by the way, my foot is almost completely okay again!)

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~