Poll

Will Fai and Kurogane become an 'official' couple by the end of Tsubasa?

But of course. They're only the cutest, best couple ever! It would be a travesty for them NOT to be together.
48 (35.3%)
Sure, it'd be sweet.
16 (11.8%)
Maybe.
19 (14%)
Hell no.
15 (11%)
Whatchya talkin' about, will? They're already making sweet, sweet love/shagging like rabbits.
14 (10.3%)
Don't know. Don't care.
4 (2.9%)
Like the idea, but highly, highly unlikely.
20 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 125

AuthorTopic: KuroxFai- The Official Canon Gloating Thread  (Read 98081 times)

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
Re: KuroxFai- The Official Canon Gloating Thread
« Reply #380 on: August 13 2006, 10:43 am »
Yeah, with Clamp gender isn't an issue  This also stands to say that Tomoyo can love a guy too. People just can't pidgeon hole Clamp characters into sexulaities. It just doesn't exist where Clamp is concerned.

Fai and Kurogane will end up saying something along the lines of, "he's my most important/precious person." As Clamp have usually done. Hopefully, I think that's where it's going. Although, Kurogane is Fai's most important person; he's the only way Fai can stay alive. Ahh, it's so beautiful. *swoon*

I really get a kick out of telling my friends every ten minutes that Fai has to suck on Kurogane every day for the rest of their lives. They all go O.o, it's great. :P Either that or they tell me to shut up because they've heard it a million times before. XD
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #381 on: August 13 2006, 11:04 am »
I really get a kick out of telling my friends every ten minutes that Fai has to suck on Kurogane every day for the rest of their lives. They all go O.o, it's great. :P Either that or they tell me to shut up because they've heard it a million times before. XD

XD I know what you mean, envyofthestage. I told my only Tsubasa-savvy friend about it and she didn't even care. She just went, "oh, darn, now Sakura and Fai can't get together" in what I sincerely HOPE was a sarcastic manner. Le sigh. Sometimes real life people suck.

The main problem I have with Tomoyo loving Kurogane is that he's the exact opposite of the girl she loved first. If Tomoyo can be attracted to someone like Sakura, why would she suddenly be into tough, manly men like Kuro? Though I feel like I've said that a gazillion times.

Y'know what I think we might get? Kuro saying something in battle about how he can't die, no matter what, because then Fai would die, too. Maybe the "most important/special" person motif might be used there.

(Honestly, even if you still want to deny the canon, you can't deny that there's such a deep bond that's been developing over such a long time. I can't believe people can even say that Kuro and Fai haven't changed at all.)
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #382 on: August 13 2006, 11:17 am »
Yeah, with Clamp gender isn't an issue  This also stands to say that Tomoyo can love a guy too. People just can't pidgeon hole Clamp characters into sexulaities. It just doesn't exist where Clamp is concerned.
Gender DOES matter to CLAMP, except in the cases where they specifically say it doesn't matter. The only characters that don't have a fairly clear sex in CLAMP are the angels and demons from Wish and Ashura. These characters are specifically said to be asexual or genderless. Gender isn't irrelevant in real life, and isn't irrelevant in CLAMP's stories.CLAMP Gakuen Tanteidan, for example, is about little but gender dynamics and relationships.

And I do think it's fine to call Tomoyo a lesbian. Tomoyo may be ten in CCS, but she is much older in TRC and is still shown to be in love with Sakura, or at the very least strongly attracted to Sakura. Plus, I know my sexuality was certainly not fully developed at ten, but I definitely was showing signs of what my sexual orientation would be. As for comparing Tomoyo/Sakura to Touya/Kaho, I don't think it really counts. Kaho knew from the beginning that she would not ever be Touya's true 'number one person.' Tomoyo, however, will always consider Sakura her 'number one.' It's completely different, even if they are both unrequited loves.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #383 on: August 13 2006, 11:23 am »
now that kurogane and Fai are bonded by their blood they may develop as well a mutual connection!
i mean that it is a possibily that they share what the other is feeling at the same time,read each other mind,or even have telepathy discussion  :keke:!
for instance if Fai is in danger,Kurogane could feel it at once and come to the rescue  :okay:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #384 on: August 13 2006, 11:29 am »
Personally I can't picture Tomoyo being any other way than gay. Though that's just me. I'm all for bisexuality and all, but I think that if Clamp was going to give Tomoyo someone, it would be a woman. Anyway, once the group lands in Nihon and Nihon!Tomoyo gets a good look at Sakura, she will probably react the same way as Piffle!Tomoyo.

That's why KuroTomo bugs me so much. I don't want poor Tomoyo to be alone either, but she was clearly in love with Sakura in CCS, and in Piffle world. When Sakura's around, Tomoyo barely notices Kurogane. XD

Will Kurogane be affected by the bond, though? I mean physically, not emotionally because zomghotblondesuckingonhisneck. He isn't being given anything, he's just the one doing the given. So Fai will have Kuro's blood in him, but Kuro won't physically change at all, except in his attitude towards Fai, since he's responsible for making him life now.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #385 on: August 13 2006, 10:46 pm »
Gender DOES matter to CLAMP, except in the cases where they specifically say it doesn't matter. The only characters that don't have a fairly clear sex in CLAMP are the angels and demons from Wish and Ashura. These characters are specifically said to be asexual or genderless. Gender isn't irrelevant in real life, and isn't irrelevant in CLAMP's stories.CLAMP Gakuen Tanteidan, for example, is about little but gender dynamics and relationships.

And I do think it's fine to call Tomoyo a lesbian. Tomoyo may be ten in CCS, but she is much older in TRC and is still shown to be in love with Sakura, or at the very least strongly attracted to Sakura. Plus, I know my sexuality was certainly not fully developed at ten, but I definitely was showing signs of what my sexual orientation would be. As for comparing Tomoyo/Sakura to Touya/Kaho, I don't think it really counts. Kaho knew from the beginning that she would not ever be Touya's true 'number one person.' Tomoyo, however, will always consider Sakura her 'number one.' It's completely different, even if they are both unrequited loves.

Well, I typed out a very long reply, then realized that it was all gruesomely off-topic. I guess the subject is sensitive for quite a number of us, so we start arguing when it comes up.

The CLAMP sexuality discussion aside, blood-sucking...nothing to say. Have fun, guys.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #386 on: August 14 2006, 02:11 am »
heterosexual,assexual,homosexual,bisexual,lesbian...please stop at once,this is getting more and more a diplomatic subject,and this kind of topic tends to finish in general punch-up  :sad5:!

i think that for now we have seen enough blood in Tsubasa so no more slaughter  :sweatdrop:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #387 on: August 14 2006, 03:43 am »
I didn't mean, Jeanette, that it doesn't matter to CLAMP whether their characters are male or female, but that it doesn't matter in issues of love. Gender isn't even a factor in CLAMP love. That's why I say sexuality doesn't matter. It's all about love. I don't believe any of the characters to be straight, gay whatever. It's just a love issue. So, just because Tomoyo was in love with Sakura doesn't mean she can't fall in love with a man (NOT KUROGANE!). (Canon couple/same soul argument aside.)

Yeah, Emiko, I can totaly see something like that happening, although I'd much rather prefer seeing "my most precious person" :P But I can definetly see the "I can't die because I have an important reason to live." Or something like that. XD
lol@Fai/Chi fans

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #388 on: August 14 2006, 05:20 am »
But when you say gender isn't a factor, you are saying it doesn't matter if they are male or female, and that seriously doesn't make sense, in real life, or fiction.

Let's just take Kuro and Fai for example. How could their relationship be anything like it is now if they weren't both gay men? Even looking past their sexual identity which is obviously homosexual... you have two men, provoking and reacting to each other as two men would. Their struggles for power, their teasing of each other, and even violence towards each other wouldn't be the same if they weren't both the same sex. They wouldn't react to each other remotely the same if they weren't two men. And does anyone honestly think when they first looked at each other they didn't both notice and focus on just how male the other was? I can imagine their first thoughts now... XD

If you say gender doesn't matter, then I think you have to say sex itself doesn't matter, and at least in Fai and Kuro's case, I think they are highly sexual, highly gay... and very happy that way. *starting to forget what I was talking about* XD

I believe Clamp is trying to show that love is love, whether it's gay or straight. I don't believe for a minute they are trying to show characters who have no sexual identity. That is a huge part of what makes a person who they are. How you feel about members of the same or opposite sex is deeply ingrained in your personality, in ways we probably can't totally be aware of. It affects how you think and live, and react to other people. To deny that people have a sexual preference, in real life or art, makes absolutely no sense.

And I think this thread had been hopelessly off-topic for way too long now. *wondering if there is any actual 'canon' gloating left to do, or if I should lock*

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
« Reply #389 on: August 14 2006, 05:34 am »
And I think this thread had been hopelessly off-topic for way too long now. *wondering if there is any actual 'canon' gloating left to do, or if I should lock*

Eeep. please don't lock before the X-arc ends. There might be more materials to gloat for in near future. What do you consider acceptable to discuss in this thread?

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #390 on: August 14 2006, 05:45 am »
Yeah, don't lock the thread!
lol@Fai/Chi fans

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #391 on: August 14 2006, 06:10 am »
please i have done nothing so don't lock the thread,it would be a tragedy and i will thrown myself out of the window...hum,but i will certainly come back up even more hastly that because i'm almost at the floor level  :haha:

about Fai,it's obvious that he is gay,no need to explain again this fact,but i really don't like at all when fangirls tends to make him look like a girl too much!
Fai is gay okay,but he is A MAN after all,and even if he looks thin,weird and weak,the majority of his actions is carried on by his mainliness,because his first willpower is to protect everyone,even if it means ending uo in a bath of blood  :sweatdrop:
and this is this "hidden strenght" that makes his relationship with Kurogane priceless  :okay:

* Forum Family *

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #392 on: August 14 2006, 06:41 am »
please i have done nothing so don't lock the thread,it would be a tragedy and i will thrown myself out of the window...hum,but i will certainly come back up even more hastly that because i'm almost at the floor level  :haha:

about Fai,it's obvious that he is gay,no need to explain again this fact,but i really don't like at all when fangirls tends to make him look like a girl too much!
Fai is gay okay,but he is A MAN after all,and even if he looks thin,weird and weak,the majority of his actions is carried on by his mainliness,because his first willpower is to protect everyone,even if it means ending uo in a bath of blood  :sweatdrop:
and this is this "hidden strenght" that makes his relationship with Kurogane priceless  :okay:

Yuck, I hate it if anyone stuffs him into female clothes! He just doesn't have the curves, let's face it. And I like him that way >.<" After all, gay men are gay because they prefer men, not girls, so why should gay men act girlish? 'Course Fai is somewhat... effeminate (Fai-mommy, he cooks) but despite this very male in his own way. Go, manly!Fai! I love stories about him in Shurano because it shows the manly warrior (XD) inside him. Wish we could see it more often *_*

And I also think his topic shouldn't be locked - there'll still be so much to gloat about *teeheehee*
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #393 on: August 14 2006, 06:50 am »
Yuck, I hate it if anyone stuffs him into female clothes! He just doesn't have the curves, let's face it. And I like him that way >.<" After all, gay men are gay because they prefer men, not girls, so why should gay men act girlish? 'Course Fai is somewhat... effeminate (Fai-mommy, he cooks) but despite this very male in his own way. Go, manly!Fai! I love stories about him in Shurano because it shows the manly warrior (XD) inside him. Wish we could see it more often *_*

And I also think his topic shouldn't be locked - there'll still be so much to gloat about *teeheehee*

I agree. I dislike it when people make Fai a woman/dress him in woman's clothes. Just because he wears clothes that are maybe a little bit tighter, or his shirts a smidge shorter than most guys would, it doesn't mean he is going to outright wear a nurse's outfit, or put on a French maid uniform, or walk around in a fitted spaghetti strap tank top with a miniskirt. Fai is a man, and just because a man likes other men and is pretty doesn't necessarily mean he wants to be a woman or dress like one. Gay does not equal crossdresser, last time I checked. So Fai is a guy, even if he acts a bit more effeminate than most, he is still a m-a-n.

PS: Robes do not equal a dress. Just because he wears a robe in some splash pages does not mean he is going to going to go out and wear a dress outright. I mean, the first thing I can think of is Harry Potter where everyone wears robes, but the men don't go and wear women's dresses when they aren't in their robes (though a few did, If I remember from when I was in the Harry Potter fandom, only merely because they did not know the clothes of the non-magical world... but Fai does know what menswear is, because he does wear it and looks very good in it). Just because he wore a robe in a place where it is the norm for men to wear a robe, he's pretty much worn the equivalent of a man's outfit in every other world (which usually consists of pants and a shirt/jacket/tunic/whatever)...

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #394 on: August 14 2006, 07:05 am »
yeah,in the world of Shurano Fai looked like Legolas in "the lord of the ring"  :haha:

warrior outfit suits him very well,so i really would like that those fangirls stop teasing him with short skirt  :sweatdrop:

* Forum Family *

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #395 on: August 14 2006, 08:34 am »
aww, you guys are making me NOT want to write this one fic. the group is in a world where men arent very welcome, and inorder to look for the fetather syaoran doesnt want sakura to go out byherself/with their hosts ans syaoran REFUSES to wear a dress again (:XD:) so who else is left but fai? :sad5:

its actualy a kuro-fai faiangst piece, and right now its just in my head, but the way you uys say you hate it when fai wears dresses, i dont know if i awnt to write it now :(
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #396 on: August 14 2006, 08:38 am »
*Also dislikes crossdressing!Fai*

I have no problem with crossdressers, or the act of crossdressing in general (I think I said this on another thread, but if it makes you happy and isn't hurting anyone, I say go for it.) but I don't think Fai is one just because his fashion choices thus far have been a little eccentric. The one thing about them being FOILs is that since Kurogane is ultra-manly, Fai looks pretty girly in comparison, even though he really isn't.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think, personally, crossdressing!Fai is pretty OOC even though Fai himself can be quite effeminate. Though different people like different things, so if Fai in a dress works for some people, I guess it isn't hurting anyone. I'm just not attracted to the idea.

EDIT: SailorYue! Any KF-ness would be met with warmth and love from me, even if Fai IS in a dress. It's still them, after all. It's just not my favourite motif.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #397 on: August 15 2006, 02:35 am »
Fai in a dress may be in some many ways attractive (after all,many other heroes of anime has been casted in a female role in comique episodes,but only for the fun of the situation  :sweatdrop:),but numeous fanfictions tend to describe him as a pervert who loves doing naughty thing to Kurogane  :shifty:...
but they are all mistaken about his personnality  :surprised:!of course Fai is always teasing Kurogane,but he always keeps some distance from him,like if he was only seeking to gain his attention,but without really wanting to bother him...in fact this is Kurogane who did the first move,trapping Fai in some hard discussion,and finally trying to push him under the edge by grabbing him (in chapter 112 :keke:).
so those who think that Fai is a YAMP are totally wrong,he is rather reserved  :okay:

* Forum Family *

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #398 on: August 15 2006, 06:16 am »
Mneh, I think Fai is a big flirty tease. I thnk he'd do A LOT of contoverial sexual things. I think he'd be quite kinky, but I think Kuorgane would enjoy it too. So they're a perfect sexual match! XD

I'd rather see Kurogane in a skirt though. XD Fai is gorgeous but I don't find him sexually attractive.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #399 on: August 15 2006, 06:28 am »
Mneh, I think Fai is a big flirty tease. I thnk he'd do A LOT of contoverial sexual things. I think he'd be quite kinky, but I think Kuorgane would enjoy it too. So they're a perfect sexual match! XD

I'd rather see Kurogane in a skirt though. XD Fai is gorgeous but I don't find him sexually attractive.
maybe because he looks like a shrimp comparatively to Kurogane who is more like a bear  :sweatdrop:?
hey,it would be funny to find some animals equivalent for the tsubasa characters  :surprised:!
yeah,i'm going to open a topic about it,what a genius i am  :okay:!

* Forum Family *