AuthorTopic: How did you discover TRC?  (Read 55316 times)

Rika Iiyumi

Re: How did you discover TRC?
« Reply #100 on: October 19 2005, 11:52 am »
lol actually i was at borders buying like ALL the CCS books they had and then i saw a lil pic of what *looked* like Sakura and Syaoran on the spine of a book and i saw the Del Rey summary
something about Sakura and Syaoran Return!
all in all i left borders with a 75$ purchase

Offline Kyo

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #101 on: October 24 2005, 12:36 am »
Mh~ my best friend has the manga. so i read it and i really love it *_____*
and then i notice that there is also an anime... ^^

now i'm totally addicted xD

Any mistakes? o_O
Sorry, my english is bad ;_____;

Forum Family:
special-german-sister: Fye-chan  xD~

Offline Rusty

• #1 Sexy Bishie Lover
  • Super Fan
  • if you keep bugging me i will eat you
« Reply #102 on: October 24 2005, 12:56 am »
hee hee i'm the newest fan then i discovered it 2 months ago.... i was on this anime e-cards site and there it was syaroan and sakura in  love cards  i'm like "hmm...good a ccs card"  then i read tsubasa resavoir chronicles oops.... what tht.... i have to find out ....  fast track to google around a trillion sites and whoopy i'm a fan!!!!!!!  :D :)

~~XXForum FamilyXX~~
<3 Big Sisters!! <3
S.Espoire
Fye-chan 
sofiacardcaptors

<3 Little Sister!! <3
Deathwish
<3 Cousin!! <3
Pretty/LSD

Offline babypigggy

• o1_loserkid.
  • "A True Fan"
  • miyuki,sasaki
« Reply #103 on: October 27 2005, 10:10 am »
Hmm..first read it at the library but i went on cardcaptors studio before that and found out about it plus my cousin told me a bit..and obvoiuslyy! I BECAME A FANN!

-- never too far.. no matter how far ..
theONE's[<3]:
twinKITTY;; Zeldi
bigKITTY;; pretty,Quimmy,TimeMachine,Nyoko,Møon Li,sofiacardcaptors,Moezy-chan,-=kuro_woof=-,Sya0ran,bLuetopaz,Shuinu,bie_liao,aishiteru,Ashlee
bigPUPPY;; vexnet, Kasawa Lanford
littleKITTY;;Fai, Cardcaptors_Ria, baby.piglet

Offline mizunotsubasa

• Good Fan
  • ny icon
« Reply #104 on: October 31 2005, 01:04 pm »
:inlove: I think my first time that I discovered Tsubasa is when I saw some pictures of Sakura and Shaoran, but they were older. I feel in love with it, because they are my favorite couple. Than I started downloading the chapters.  Than I started buying the japanese manga, And right now I obessed with it.  The Mokona Madoki are they cutiest.

Offline kraehe

• Not just a princess...
« Reply #105 on: November 01 2005, 10:20 am »
i actually discovered TRC when i was trying to find a Tomoyo wallpaper at MT. at first, i found the wallie at the CCS category [now it was moved to TRC] and so i downloaded it. that's when i noticed that i've never seen a CCS scan like the one they used in the wallpaper. so... i tried to research it *OC* haha!

No matter where she goes, she's always a princess...
---
FFNet Account: Eriol x Tomoyo fangirl!!
rants of a demented writer
Tsubasa High <== join and support my LJ TRC RPG... pretty please... ^__^
---
"Why does such beauty can cause so much pain...?"

Offline SasukeRocks

• Super Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 08 2005, 08:25 am »
I found TRC when I was looking for a good manga in B & N. Then I looked down and saw Tsubasa so I picked it up and read the back. As soon as I finished I remember thinking this sounds so good. So i ended up buying it and it was a good thing I did or I would not have had a manga  that I would die for the next one to come out.

Offline soujiro_chi

• Watanuki-kun!
  • Good Fan
  • Hello!! ^^
« Reply #107 on: November 11 2005, 12:41 am »
My friend informed it to me. ^-^ And he gave me some links where I could download some scanlations. XD
And I really liked it... XD I'm very glad to know about Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Thanks to my friend!! ^^ He's awesome. XD
"Justice will prevail!" -"L" (Death Note)

Offline Møon Li

• Aishiteru SyaorAndru <3
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #108 on: December 07 2005, 07:11 am »
It was a little strange :tongue3: I saw CCS and I knew about Syaoran but I dunno why suddenly forgot that :XD: and when I was searching images I found a cute pic of him that reminds me my boyfriend so I decided to search more of him and found the same Syaoran with another cloths... I researched about that then I discovered TRC :heh: hee hee.

When we love, we want to be better than we already are... and love makes us better"

♥ Syaoran Loves Me ♥

~*Forum Family*~
Daughters: Okamirei, Star Wings
Little sisters:pretty.sofiacardcaptors.babypigggy.TimeMachine.bie liao.charcoalz.kudan.Aya-Chan.Kairi.SailorYue.tsubasaHime199.EuphoriaBliss.nicole_shimun
Little brothers: 89757knight.Kouichi
Nieces: Moonflower121.hikari_blaze.Monse-chan.littlekitty
Cousins: Director of Music.aishiteru.

Møon LUNiTe CHRoNiCLE

Offline Estefania

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #109 on: December 08 2005, 11:57 am »
It was a little strange :tongue3: I saw CCS and I knew about Syaoran but I dunno why suddenly forgot that :XD: and when I was searching images I found a cute pic of him that reminds me my boyfriend so I decided to search more of him and found the same Syaoran with another cloths... I researched about that then I discovered TRC :heh: hee hee.

I´d have to say that I am one of the reasons Moon Li came to Captured Wings.net

Salut, salut, chère lune!
:D

Offline Sabrina

• Big Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 09 2005, 06:30 am »
Well, I was in Helsinki one of the manga-shop where was TRC in that book shelf...somehow it called me there. I looked it and took two book of them and then I took xxxHolic 1-3 books too with me :)
Then I hooked with TRC...my sister bought third nook of TRC same time when we was in Helsinki :D
Life is out of here....

Offline Meza

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #111 on: December 13 2005, 01:19 am »
I was shoppin' as usual at the  bookstore (well, uh, we have only one o_O; ). Then I suddenly noticed huge amount of english manga. I was like "Wooot, what in the world is this?" since only english manga books I had ever seen in Finland, were in Helsinki (and I live like over 600 kilometers north from Helsinki).

So, I found out there was a contract with Suomalainen (that bookstore, there's few hundred of them in the country) and Del Rey, that was why they got Del Rey manga. I only wish there were a contract like that with Tokyopop and Viz, sigh.

But yeah, there were first volumes of Del Reys every series they started with. I first did not get interested with all those series they had, but I tried almost every of them. Tsubasa vol 1was a third one to try out. And yes, I happened to like it. And yeah, few days before buying TRC, I had already bought xxxholic vol 1.

I still use to buy my Delreys from our bookstore, since I can check their     condition before buying - and they are less expensive than in archonia (which is where I buy 90% of my manga). It's so lucky that our store gots newest volumes right away when they are published (or sometimes even before, but that's probably when date is changed).

Offline RebeccasUnicorn

« Reply #112 on: December 14 2005, 09:54 am »
I was looking at the CCS books at the book store, and I started to look at other manga books and I noticed TRC (I think it was the third one I had noticed) I really didn't pay any attention to the cover, but the book itself looked interesting. I left that section and my sister took me back there and showed me the first one and explained that it was S+S from CCS.I felt so stupid that I hadn't noticed it AND SHE DID :angry:.  Not fair :sad5:. I ended up buying that book that night and reread all the CCS books that night before I read the first TRC book. I am now hooked on TRC :inlove:

Offline Gabys!

• Good Fan
  • SeeKiNg FoR HaPPiNeSS...
« Reply #113 on: December 17 2005, 12:20 pm »
Well, i discover it because of CCS. I was reading the last manga of CCS and in the translator's note i found the notice about a crossover between holic and tsubasa!! I couldn't believe it! So, we (me and my sisters) started searching about tsubasa, but the thing was that they had only released the first chapter at that moment!!! We were desperate to fin something else! We wanted to read more about Tsubasa and the love story between Sakura and Syaoran!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rusty

• #1 Sexy Bishie Lover
  • Super Fan
  • if you keep bugging me i will eat you
« Reply #114 on: December 23 2005, 02:36 am »
i got to know because of a anime ecards site.. i saw a card of sakura and syaroan and the anime written beneath it i was like "tsubasa chronicles?????? what the heck i gotts search that"  and the rest is history

~~XXForum FamilyXX~~
<3 Big Sisters!! <3
S.Espoire
Fye-chan 
sofiacardcaptors

<3 Little Sister!! <3
Deathwish
<3 Cousin!! <3
Pretty/LSD

Offline Kitra

• Hi there ^.^...I am an otaku and a mangaka.
« Reply #115 on: January 15 2006, 08:21 am »
Welll....I was in a book store...in fact TRC is the first manga I bought.  I just saw it...I recognize Sakura and Syoran..so I took a look at the story...man...I got so excited...just what I was hoping from CLAmp...so I just bought it even without thinking if it was worth....( and it was).  Since then I have been buying the books and the first 2 volumes of the anime.  I love this story...the characters...EVERYTHING!!!  But I need more sources to know where i can buy more stuff....i have been fan of CCS since i was little....and now I am TRC fan.

Offline Shiunu

• I've got a hole in me pocket!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #116 on: January 17 2006, 11:21 am »
Well when I discovered it, I think I was in a Barnes and Nobles store. I was looking for a few manga to pick up and I was skimming across the bookshelf. Well I saw something called Tsubasa Reservior Chronciles. I was like "What is this?" I picked it up and saw Sakura and Syaoran on the cover. I was like "OMG!" I thought that maybe it was a sequel to CCS or something. Well I read the back of the first volume and found out that it was a CLAMP crossover series. Well that made me put it back for some odd reason. Which I totally regret now because I could have already read like a ton of it. I think that I'm going to watch the anime though. But anyways a few weeks ago I was looking at some CCS fansites and TRC stuff was everywhere so I'm like I'm gonna check this stuff out this time. So now I'm trying to get as much info as possible and I'm either gonna watch the anime or read the manga.

I'm probably gonna be a big fan girl now. Especially since I love Sakura and Syaoran.   :inlove:

Little Sisters: bie liao, babypigggy, Fai, and Okamirei
Fellow Beatle Fangirl: hoshisenshi ^^
Cousins: Hikari_Blaze, aishiteru, Moon Li
Me and bie liao are in love! We never give up on our guys! <3

Offline itsafactiact

• All the World is a stage but the Play is badly cast
  • Big Fan
  • The World is a stage, and I a humble player
« Reply #117 on: January 17 2006, 11:32 am »
I discovered TRC from a friend of mine she would always let me borrow her manga, and one of them was TRC and then later on she tells me that theres an anime so I do my own research find the anime watch it all!! and get scanlations so now i'm ahead of her heheh  :greengrin:

All the World is a Stage, But the Play is badly Cast    ~<3~     Listen To Your Heartbeat and Dance

Offline Sohru-san

• Sakura Syaoran Li
  • Good Fan
  • "I love Syaoran! Syaoran, you're my #1!"
« Reply #118 on: January 19 2006, 02:46 pm »
I only saw some fansites about CCS and I was slow at figuring out how to download the episodes even though it was right in front of me. I only knew about CCS and I was talking to a friend about it when he mentioned the story Tsubasa and that Syaoran and Sakura were in it. I realized I could download the episodes through the Bear Share software I have. I downloaded the first season of Tsubasa and I'm still downloading the last episodes (Yes. I am starting from the last to the beginning instead of the beginning to the last. I am a little big confused but I like to spoil myself. Once I've seen all of the episodes, I won't be confused about the cards.]. I basically found it out through a friend.
Anime Dreams - An Anime Role-play site that involves CardCaptors Sakura and Tsubasa!

Precious Memories - The younger version of Syaoran and Sakura in TRC RPG, Card Captors Sakura Continues  RPG, Revelations - The pairings include MeilingxSyaoran, TomoyoxEriol, SakuraxYukito, etc. RPG

Offline Mikomaxless

• Hello! I'm just the ordinary semi-anime addict.
« Reply #119 on: January 19 2006, 03:59 pm »
Nya! My coming of terms of TRC was weird. I actually put off reading this manga, even knowing it was from Clamp. I was collecting Love Hina at the time, so, I didn't want to start collecting a new manga till I finish one. My max is 3 manga series at a time. >.>. It was after a YGO tournament. So, me and my friends went to Waldenbooks while we were waiting for the next round. My friend confronted me, and made me read manga one of TRC. I fell in love right away. I may of missed my next round, but, I discovered a great manga series. o.o
Whats the point in having a strong weapon, if I can't even use it to protect the woman I love?

I told you, for the last time, that title belongs to me! -Edward Elric.