AuthorTopic: How did you discover TRC?  (Read 55393 times)

Offline Hokuto

• Tarot Card
  • New Fan
  • Teh rozxzorxz
Re: How did you discover TRC?
« Reply #160 on: August 25 2006, 01:55 pm »
Well, I discovered Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE when I googled Card Captor Sakura. And BOOM! Clow Legacy popped up and I took a look. I saw some pictures of Tsubasa Sakura and Syaoran, but I didn't think it was true. I checked it out, I liked the summary and I went to watch the anime, it was pretty good. (UNTIL BEETRAIN BUTCHERED IT!) Then I went to buy the manga the next day. I loved it! And then I was curious about xxxHOLiC, and the same thing happened. And I started to check ladydarkmoon's LJ for updates on new chapters.
Pretty much it...
I made that sig and avatars! Hands off! The scan is from Shannon @ Clow Legacy. Little character icons from CLAMP site

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #161 on: September 26 2006, 02:08 am »
I was on the internet visiting a internet bookshop when I first read about it. Delrey had recently released the first volume. I though it sounded funny but I had no thought about buying it. But when I visited the store a couple of days later just when I was about the pay for my other manga books and leave i saw that they were selling Tsubasa. I had some money over so I bough it too. :D Good thing i did! If I haden't I would probably never start to read TRC.
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline aqiaqua

• ~ I'm a Dreamer ~
« Reply #162 on: October 03 2006, 07:09 pm »
I discovered it in a very different way...

I was looking through pre-made layouts at soundless-words.net, and stumbled upon one with Sakura and Yuuko (xxxholic though). I thought Sakura looked somewhat familiar, and didn't look like a doujinshi art. So I googled xxxHolic, found some random site, then saw a link to Tsubasa. I clicked it and read the storyline, then BAM! I fell in love with it <3. 'Twas "hitsuzen" XD.

~ I'm a Dreamer ~

Offline tsuki

• Dedicated Fan
  • I'm a seiyuu lover~
« Reply #163 on: October 03 2006, 08:12 pm »
ohh.....mine would be a long story....and a bit funny....  ^__^
story begin....

i really like this magazine....it is called "GEMPAK".it has many information of anime,games,comics,movies & all about media!!one day,i saw the magazine.i decided to buy it.and then i realised that are a pic of Sakura & Syaoran.i thought they're older in CCS.
my older sis read it!!grr....!!and then she told me the creator is CLAMP.i said "who is CLAMP???"  and then she said "the creator of Cardcaptor Sakura!!"
"ooohhh" i said...
after she finished read it,my turn.i read it.it is a new anime made by CLAMP "Tsubasa RESERVOiR CHRoNiCLE".
 another day,my sis download the anime.she asked me to watch it with her.i went watched it with her."not bad......"  we said.after a year,she didn't watched it...she said it is booring.......
i not think it is booring......so,now,i am TRC biggest fan!!

after a long time,i've seeing this thread.....
thats why i post late.....

Cursed Moon

Forum family

~Møon Li - Onee-san

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #164 on: October 04 2006, 12:07 pm »
ohh.....mine would be a long story....and a bit funny....  ^__^
story begin....

i really like this magazine....it is called "GEMPAK".it has many information of anime,games,comics,movies & all about media!!one day,i saw the magazine.i decided to buy it.and then i realised that are a pic of Sakura & Syaoran.i thought they're older in CCS.
my older sis read it!!grr....!!and then she told me the creator is CLAMP.i said "who is CLAMP???"  and then she said "the creator of Cardcaptor Sakura!!"
"ooohhh" i said...
after she finished read it,my turn.i read it.it is a new anime made by CLAMP "Tsubasa RESERVOiR CHRoNiCLE".
 another day,my sis download the anime.she asked me to watch it with her.i went watched it with her."not bad......"  we said.after a year,she didn't watched it...she said it is booring.......
i not think it is booring......so,now,i am TRC biggest fan!!

after a long time,i've seeing this thread.....
thats why i post late.....

It's strange that your sister found TRC to be boring... Seriously, I've seen better reviews for the manga than in the anime. It's nice that you still like TRC even if you've been watching it for one year XD.

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #165 on: October 04 2006, 12:11 pm »
Walking in Barnes and Noble, looking for a book for my senior year in high school.
I got curious when I saw in the manga section a picture of what looked like Syaoran and Sakura.. and I thought maybe that it was a sequel to CCS- which I liked in its time.
I was such a Syao-lover, so I picked it up. I was hoping Clamp would develop this character better than in CCS.
I began reading it... THEN if found Fye and LKurogane- and became an immediate KuroFyeist! XD
Sorry Syao, you and Sakura are definately adorable together ans have a special spot in my heart, but Fye and Kuro together is just hawt!

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
  • It is indeed the most delightful way.
« Reply #166 on: October 12 2006, 09:57 am »
Well, I'm late...

So anyway, before I became an otaku and knew better, I was a large fan of Cardcaptors. It was one of my favorite childhood shows. (Hate it now though.) My online friend started telling me about TRC and Holic and my first impression was, "That sounds confusing." Then a couple months later a different (IRL) friend brought over a bunch of manga for me to read and included were the only Del Rey volumes that had been released, one and two. I asked to borrow them (I was intrigued even though I barely remembered Cardcaptors at all) and she said yes. I was actually kind of bored of it at first until Kurogane and Fay came in, and I was sold. I kind of have an appreciation for TRC because it was what got me out of American, commercialized anime and into the realm of Intarwebs distribution (I was immediately obsessed and went onto the Internet and searched for anything useful. I found I Hyu Because ... Yes and BlueSkies, followed a few links, and the rest is history), so now I can get as much out of my manga as I want. It's kind of nice, being enlightened (and not spending any more money that I really have to; hello, I like parentheses).
Designated signature consumed by lack of creativity. Please stand by.

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline princesslore

• Mega Fan
  • "syaoran-kun...dare..."
« Reply #167 on: October 12 2006, 12:22 pm »
I was... no, I AM a big Card Captors fan. So I was looking for some new magazines about anime and manga. And I saw one with a "weird pic of a weird Syaoran and Sakura". And I started to read. At first I said "Nah... maybe I won't like it, Sakura and Syaoran being in other world and all that stuff???"
A  few weeks later I got a "copy" of the Manga. I didn't liked that much, but it was quite interesting. So, then I downloaded the first episode, and specially the music, I fell in love with the story!!!
~~How can we know who we are?...
Maybe starting with who we are not...~~

FIIUUUU!!!!!

Offline kixie

• Big Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #168 on: October 13 2006, 01:06 am »
I've been following Clamp's regular updates on forums since... *trying to remember* probably volume 16 of X and then the hiatus began for X and Gouhou Drugs. I knew they'd have to bring something out eventually and then I heard they were starting up Tsubasa and yeah, I've followed it from the very first chapter until today and I'll follow it to the end.

Actually it was Tsubasa that started me keeping up to date with my manga and now I do it for anything I collected, though waiting for Tsubasa is nothing compared to waiting for Viewfinder which is bimonthly.

I've followed Tsubasa anime from the start too but gave up on that when they started using fillers. I'll go back when it restarts in season 3 just to see if Beetrain have been scolded or not.

Offline Roxx

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #169 on: October 13 2006, 02:04 am »
Actually, I got into TRC by someone's recommendation. I had heard of both Tsubasa and xxxholic, but just by the description, I wasn't entirely sure if I was interested. So I went to go check out Tsubasa first. I got bored pretty much with the first episode and dropped it. Then I came back a couple of months later, and gave both episode one and two, another try. I have to admit, if it wasn't for Kurogane & Fay, I probably wouldn't have watched Tsubasa. But anyhoo, yes, I watched the anime first before I read the manga (Thank god I did end up reading the manga. Now I know how terrible the anime is compared to it.) & It was because of TRC, I was convinced to watch xxxholic & X, and now I'm in love with the works of CLAMP. Even though I hate the fact that they got us running around like some crazy dogs, begging for what makes us fangirl's squeal.

Kuroxfay<3

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 13 2006, 02:40 am »
Let's see, I didn't get into it right away.  I had heard on other forums on how slow and boring the anime was (around the time it was licensed, I think), so I didn't even bother with it.  Later on I downloaded the first chapter and flipped through it and wasn't that impressed, may have been because I had read Cardcaptor Sakura, but I'm not sure.  Then I read xxxHolic and fell in love with that, and I remembered Yuuko from TRC and made the connection, but I still didn't read TRC. 

I don't know what made me actually read TRC, but I think it was LJ icons (seriously XP).  Lately they seem to be what catches my attention to check out a series, quite a few of my faves were found this way (actually, this is what made me read X...)  I had good timing though, because when I gave the series a try again was just when the Tokyo world started and that thoroughly hooked me. 

I'd say I still like xxxHolic more than Tsubasa, but it's also for the same reasons why I love Tokyo Babylon (they're quite similar, actually).

Offline BlushJoy

« Reply #171 on: October 13 2006, 03:34 am »
Amazon.com. I never gave the series much thought, it didn't sound like anything interesting. Boy goes around saving girls' memories'. Cliche. I checked it out on wikipedia, saw some pics and saw there was an anime. I wanted something to watch and found out that there were fansubs, so I said, hey, its CLAMP it'll prolly be good.

:inlove: I fell in love with Fai at the title song and have remained so ever since of Fai and, of course, the Kuro-Fai pairing. The first season anime was good, so I decided to try the manga a few times. But I found it boring and tedious. I ended up getting into it when I decided I wanted to see more of Fai. The anime began to get worse as the manga got better and now I'm a pretty big fan.

Frankly, I read it almost exclusively for Fai as he is one of the best anime/manga characters I've seen in a long time. I'm very unimpressed by Sakura and Syaoran so far as they lack character and interest. The manga is very repetitive and doesn't get anywehre until the most recent volumes and is somewhat predictable. In the latest chapters I find myself cursing at the chapters on Sakura because it takes away from Fai's screen time.  :sweatdrop: I'm like that. I tried to read XXholic because of the crossovers but I despise XXXholic. I hate the characters and the story is boring and pointless. (Gwahaha, sorry fans  :tongue:) CLAMP certainly isn't what it used to be. There was a time you read CLAMP because they were good, not because the story would 'get better'.

Offline olaria

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #172 on: October 13 2006, 03:48 am »
From one of the polish magazines ("KAWAII" :) about manga and anime. It was just an information about CLAMP's new work. I googled it, read more information and just fell in love...
Those beautiful pictures, story... *_*
yep, that's all

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #173 on: October 14 2006, 11:17 am »
I was in Barnes & Noble a spotted Del Rey's vol.1 of TRC and vol.1 XXXHOLiC. I had read a few CLAMP series before (Chobits, Angelic Layer, Wish, Miyuki-chan in Wonderland, Shirahime-syo, some of Magic Knight Rayearth, and the first two volumes of X) and thought 'hey, CLAMP series I haven't heard of." I picked up TRC and thought it sounded interesting in general, but I hadn't read CCS so I thought I wouldn't like it. I put it down a got Holic. HOWEVER Del Rey, in a clever marketing strategy, put about five pages from the first chapitre of TRC in the back of the book.

What can I say? I read those pages and fell head over heels in love. I became obsessed with getting the first volume, and though it took me awhile, I was able to obtain it and have been happily in love with the series ever since. <3 What drew me in? Well, Syaoran and Sakura were cute and lovely, but I don't think it was them. It was the desert country with its little houses and graceful castle, its ruins and royalty and excavation. There was an air of exoticism and adventure which immediately cast its spell on me. I find this in all of TRC's worlds, and it is probably near the core of why I love this series so.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline KratosAurion

• Good Fan
  • Angel of Cruxis
« Reply #174 on: October 14 2006, 12:09 pm »
I found out about Tsubasa cause of my cousin who told me it was coming. I knew about CCS since long ago so I was like "woot another anime with sakura and syaoran!"

I've followed the anime since chapter 1 came out subbed, and I started reading the manga recently(I owe it to this forum btw)

Offline Chibi

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #175 on: October 26 2006, 10:17 am »
I discovered it when looking for SyaoranxSakura pictures, and that's when I found out that there was a whole other manga with the two of them in it! I had to start reading it, and now it's my second favorite manga. <3

Offline Fai-Kitty

« Reply #176 on: November 18 2006, 06:27 am »
I discovered TRC when I was out Manga shopping looking for 'Shonen Jump' magazene (Which my cousin got me addicted to) And I was browsing around and I picked up volume 1 and looked at the cover and as I looked at Sakura i thought "I've seen her somwere before!" and I remembered the Anime 'Cardcaptors' and i opened it up and read the first few pages, after that I totally forgot about the 'Shonen Jump' I was there to buy and took that book home insted!! and thus began my love of Manga!
Because aside form the Manga's in 'Shonen Jump' TRC is actually the first Manga i've ever actually read!  :hehe:
Manga, You just gotta Love it!!

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #177 on: November 18 2006, 07:30 am »
My friend Steve threw the first book at me one day at lunch and said "read it" and that's my grand story of how I discovered Tsubasa XD

I wasn't even a CCS fan at the time.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Giraffe-o-Life

• New Fan
  • Pink is Manly
« Reply #178 on: November 18 2006, 07:34 am »
I'm one of those people who were introduced to the anime before the manga. Episode 19 was the first thing I saw (meaning that my Tsubasa experience started with Kaze no Machi he and Kurogane raising Fay's chin with his hilt. :inlove:) I was delighted to see Sakura and Syaoran again, and I recognised Oruha from Clover. I watched the whole Outo arc before anything else just for Seishirou, then went back and watched all of season one on Youtube. Next time I was at Chapters the title caught my eye and I picked up the first three volumes, and of course, I found the manga to be far superior to the anime.

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
« Reply #179 on: November 18 2006, 08:27 am »
I knew about Tsubasa because one of my young cousins said that she saw in a anime magazine some "sequell" of CCS, I really wasn't a totally CCS Fan and I start to look from Information an images, and then I discovered in the winkipedia information, I read it And we were surprised, after That i started to look for the episodes, And after I downloaded the 1st espisode and watch it, I fell in love, so I start to look for more information and I saw it was a crossover between the other works of CLAMP and after taht I did research, download mangas, buy mangas, download seres, and I became a very very fan of CLAMP.

I was before an X fan but after discivering TRC i became more fane of CLAMP.

And knowing Tsubasa was the fault of one of my young cousings.  :wave: :okay:

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...