AuthorTopic: How did you discover TRC?  (Read 55305 times)

Offline jacquelinenuyen

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Re: How did you discover TRC?
« Reply #180 on: November 20 2006, 10:56 am »
I found out when my friend told me about it because she knew I liked Cardcaptor Sakura

Offline Girlies_Royal_Ed

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #181 on: November 20 2006, 12:07 pm »
Thats actually almost exactly like how I discovered it.

this was in grade 8.
I used to have this friend in grade 6 and me and her liked to draw alot. In grade 7 however we got put into different classes and I almost never saw her, and then in grade 8 she changed to a different school so I completely lost track of her. Anyway, one day in the middle of grade 8 I found her phone number and called her. After figuring out that she lived in the same house I visited her. This was before I decame an obsessed anime and mange fan, and didn't even know what manga was, I was surprised to see that my friend had the CCR manga volumes 5 and 6. "I love that show" I told her "to bad it ended". I then looked beside the 2 books and saw the first volume of TCR! "OMG whats that! did they make a new series of CCR?" I yelled. I was a little disapointed when my friend told me that (other than a few characters)it was completely different from CCR but I read the book anyways and was so impressed that I started buying the series. I'm in grade 10 now and Lauren is still my best friend. I have up to vomlume 11 of TCR and have read to volume 15. I'm really thankful of Lauren for showing me that book.

Offline Angel-chan

• Proud CCS Fan!
« Reply #182 on: November 21 2006, 12:56 am »
I found out from my sis and I watched it because it has SxS in it!

Offline Hima

• New Fan
  • Sometimes insane.
« Reply #183 on: November 21 2006, 12:47 pm »
It was really way back about 3 years ago when I heard about it (um, I'm not really sure about the time), there at KSS, the site hosted by Ruka of Daybreak Forums. It was still manga at that time, but as I was so addicted to CCS I paid no attention to it. Besides, I had no resources to look for it.

When someone told me that  it had already been made into an anime, I thought "Now I can know precisely what this is about." But it still took me a long while to finally make up my mind on watching the episodes on youtube, since my classsmates (they who were the only ones to be addicted on anime) are so selfish and wouldn't even lend me their TRC episode CDs. (They wanted me to buy from them, that's why! I can't do that because one: I don't have money and two: I knew of some who does the episode subbing for free.)

I just have to resort to the forums I've joined in for links to read TRC and CCS. Thankfully, I've managed to read a pitiful number of the TRC manga, but rest assured I will do my best to catch up. XD I can't wait to tell those classmates of mine that I'm already way ahead of them.

Offline EuphoriaBliss

• Call me Euphi (Yu-fi)!
  • Big Fan
  • Eternally Blissful...
« Reply #184 on: November 21 2006, 10:48 pm »
It was when I started schooling here in the Philippines. When I was shocked to find out they didnt have a bookstore where I live, I started searching every shop and all I found was Slam  Dunk and Ragnarok: Into the Abyss (typical filipino favorites), they were in english, by the company Chuang Yi from Singapore). So, I just bought Ragnarok and found it irritating that, compared to the counterpart in Tokyopop it was super small and skinny, like half the size of the tokyopop version. So after I read volume 9 (or prolly 10< I sold it last month<), I looked at the other manga published by Chuang Yi. I was shocked, like completely stiff when I got to the advertisement of TRC. I was like, "OMG! Isnt that Sakura and Syaoran!?!? But they're older?!" And after all thescreaming and yelling, I saw beneath the title that said volume 1-3. So that made want to buy it since I thought it was only 3 volumes long.
Boy was I wrong....<.<
I went to Manila for an immagration thing and we went tot the mall, I found TRC and it had up to volume 5. I was drop dead... um...confused, shocked all mixed together. So I bought volume 3 (Volume 1& 2 was sold out). You wouldnt believe how ignorant I was, thinking Touya and Yukito must've followed the group. (I already knew of the missing memories thing) I was just plain ignorant...~_~ I didnt know anything about the manga, except for the few faces and the missing memories.

I totally got in to Tsubasa after buying the 1st 8  volumes. I currently have 1-9 in english <n/a - 4th< and 10 & 11 in japanese. I'm still debating whether or not I should just buy it online, ask my dad or go to states for vacation then buy it...~_~
Hehehehe....only time will tell until I require all them....teeheehee!*0*

I am Forever Happy to be by your side...

IOU *cookie* to:
Moon Li  (Thnx 4 d lyrics!)

Forum Family:
Moon Li - Onee-chan!^_^~

Offline nanfesii

• Colors
« Reply #185 on: January 24 2007, 02:32 pm »
Let's c. I was browsing some myspace and i found sooooo many yuuko layouts so, I found out about xxxHolic, bcuz there were some reviews on the profiles and i decided to read it. I went to borders and it said that holic and a series Tsubasa were linked or something like that  :confused: I wasn't really going to read tsubasa Since i read a lot others and it would be troublesome to hook up on another  :shifty: anyways, i did the contrary  :haha: and started reading it. And now is one of my fav.  :keke: I started reading tsubasa this Xmas  :)
« Last Edit: January 24 2007, 02:44 pm by nanfesii »

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #186 on: January 27 2007, 09:31 pm »
It's all because of this (points to the thumbnail below).

...Actually, I ripped this picture off from my brother's files (who, in turn, got it from my cousin). When I posted it in one of the forums I'm in, a member suddenly asked if that's from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. I was, of course, surprised, since Sakura and Syaoran only appears in CCS. I was thinking, "What is that, something about them becoming grown-ups already?" Well, I decided to just do a bit of research, found several manga scans over the net, and, well, the rest is history.

Since I mentioned something about this pic, can somebody here tell me where could this come from? I'm not sure if this is fanart, but I don't think it's not CLAMP's.

Hmm... I must have messed up with the thumbnail. But I now know that the pic is a doujin, but where... I'll repost the pic whenever I can.
« Last Edit: February 09 2007, 03:05 am by Tenkuuken »

Offline Tsu-girl

• Good Fan
  • Look into my eye and tell me what You see...
« Reply #187 on: January 28 2007, 12:37 am »
I'm a CLAMP fan. I collect scans or mangas of all CLAMP works. But I've been tired of waiting for all X volumes to be published in my country. I had all X manga till the 16th (or 15th - don't remember now) volume and I started looking for the other chapters. Then I found Be With You Scans. And some time later, TRC appeared on that site... I was totally in love with the series, because I was always a fan of Sakura and Syaoran. And for now, TRC is my favourite of all CLAMP manga ^.^

Gomen for my bad english >.<

Offline Kai-Lilly

• KuroFai forever!!
« Reply #188 on: April 28 2007, 11:56 am »
The way I discovered it is actually kind of funny;

It was about a year ago and I had never read a manga in my life, I didn't even know that it existed (I live in the far corner of the praries) and I was sitting in my classroom and we had a free period, so everyone was goofing off and somone had the second TRC book and THREW it at my head;

I picked it up and was going to throw it back but then I noticed it was backwards and I was like "what the hell?" so I opened it up and read the 'Honorifics' page and then read the first couple of pages (with great difficulty) and thought "this is cool" I asked around for anyone who had it but no one claimed it, they all said that it was backwards and looked wierd, so I kept it and read it and liked it so much that I went and bought the first one so I would understand it better, and by then I was totally hooked!!  :sweatdrop:

Offline regina

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #189 on: April 30 2007, 12:20 am »
Lol! That's an amazingly interesting way to have discovered TRC!

As for me, I have this housemate who watches the TRC anime and reads the manga, so one morning (about 2 or 3 am) I was just browsing through his shared folders over our network and I came across the TRC anime videos.

I've seen them before, but never bothered to check it out. This time however, I was really bored so I decided to give it a go.

I remember vividly, it was Episode 5 of the 2'nd Series. The one where Syaoran, Sakura, Kurogane, Fai and Mokona enter into a world and straight away they land in the ocean and are rescued by a fisherman's boat. And also where Syaoran meets his father's counterpart in this world in the form of a small boy.

After watching that episode, I got hooked onto TRC and watched all the episodes from season 1 and read all the mangas =)

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #190 on: May 17 2007, 07:24 am »
The way I discovered it is actually kind of funny;

It was about a year ago and I had never read a manga in my life, I didn't even know that it existed (I live in the far corner of the praries) and I was sitting in my classroom and we had a free period, so everyone was goofing off and somone had the second TRC book and THREW it at my head;

I picked it up and was going to throw it back but then I noticed it was backwards and I was like "what the hell?" so I opened it up and read the 'Honorifics' page and then read the first couple of pages (with great difficulty) and thought "this is cool" I asked around for anyone who had it but no one claimed it, they all said that it was backwards and looked wierd, so I kept it and read it and liked it so much that I went and bought the first one so I would understand it better, and by then I was totally hooked!!  :sweatdrop:

What an unusual and funny way to start reading trc XD (I wonder who was the owner of the book.) ^^;
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Kai-Lilly

• KuroFai forever!!
« Reply #191 on: May 18 2007, 04:19 am »
I dunno, maybe CLAMP dropped it from the sky lol!

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #192 on: June 01 2007, 03:17 pm »
I still remember the day when I first laid my eyes on TRC vol. 1..... ;D

I was browsing in a local bookstore, then I grew tired of looking and reading the books there... (Its a bookstore where you can read the books they're selling) ... I went over to the comic books section and found a very interesting manga (Land of the blindfolded).. I began reading then I grew tired again.. so I decided to leave.. when I placed the book back in the shelf, the manga beside it fell to the ground (as if God intended it to happen.. or maybe I just knocked it over   :sweatdrop:) ... my eyes grew wide and my mouth fell open  :o  as I saw a grown up Syaoran and Sakura on the cover... ~Hwaaa!! They look soooo cute!! I was sooo happy to see them so grown up!!!~

So, I opened the pages and the rest are history...  ;D

Offline TsubasaDreamer

« Reply #193 on: December 19 2007, 11:16 am »
I started reading TRC becuz my friend bought it for me for Christmas 2005! lol. It was when i had just moved and my friend sent me Volume 6. I remember opening it and being like "What is this???" I had never read any of the manga before so i was just like what is this even about??? So i started reading her card and she was like this is something like CCS and i know how much u like CCS so i decided to get u this. it has Syaoran and Sakura in it. I was like thats SYAORAN!! I didnt even notice but after looking at it i was like omg it is. Then after that I started reading it from the beginning and now im crazii about it. I keep thanking her for getting me started. lol.

Offline Kurogane_Lover

• Sarcastic One
« Reply #194 on: December 19 2007, 11:59 am »
I was online on Wikipedia reading about random stuff and I just came across it.

Offline RenaRyuugu

• New Fan
  • The meaning of life isn't so meaningful....
« Reply #195 on: January 13 2008, 12:18 pm »
I saw my bro watching and though TV ._.

"Mokona Modoki's" rhymes with "KILLER Lolis"

Offline WingedHeart

• ~*Flying Forever*~
« Reply #196 on: March 03 2008, 06:32 am »
My best friend told me about it! She had read the first 2 volumes of the manga and she was telling me about it, though I thought "yea, whatever..." I thought it was just another lame series. But I liked CCS and I remember her telling me that Sakura and Syaoran were in it so I decided to give it a try. I watched the 1st episode fansubbed on Youtube and was hooked. After that I started reading the manga and just totally fell in love with it. It has been my favorite series ever since!

I was also going through a rough time back then. Manga and Anime can have huge impacts on people...but the story and the characters, it just totally helped me out, moreso than any other series.

I'll stop now...lol. But I love Tsubasa so much. xD