AuthorTopic: How did you discover TRC?  (Read 55309 times)

Offline cardcaptor519

• Obsessed with CCS, TRC and S+S
  • Mega Fan
  • Syaoran Obsessed
Re: How did you discover TRC?
« Reply #40 on: April 25 2005, 03:12 pm »
i was walking in this mini mall/shopping center (i dunno what to call it...) and i was looking for cardcaptor sakura stuff...then i ended up walking inside this manga store and i was just looking through the shelves...i saw naruto and stuff like that...then i spotted the deleuxe version of TRC manga with sakura on it (thats how i discover the whole TRC thing cuz i thought it would be CCS since sakura's face was on it...and i didnt know about TRC before...) and i fell in love with it!~

i hope you understand what i just said!

gomen ne if you dont...
Love...Destiny...Faith...Hope...S+S Forever...
icon by me

image from http://www.suppi.net/slg/

Offline *Keru*

• New Fan
  • Hola!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 03 2005, 08:50 am »
Well I discover TRC when I was looking for pictures of sakura in the internet; it was back in june of 2004; I find the picture that appear in the first volume but I was thinking that it was just a Fan art then I find the same picture but in the cover of a magazine I opened the link and one of the most happy days of my life arrive.  The picture was beside a news announcing that CLAMP was releasing a Manga with Sakura and Shaoran.

I was so happy that I couldn´t believe what I  was looking at so I beging to look for information and find a site to download the scanslations of the manga.   Yeah I only could read scans because in my country nobody sells manga I am so sad.  I am thinking to beging to import them really no one can enjoy the pleasure of reading a manga.

Well that is how I discover TRC.:D

BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 03 2005, 06:54 pm »
fate has shined on us all :D
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #43 on: May 03 2005, 07:18 pm »
I was looking online at CCS mangas and started looking at Clamp's other works.
I saw the cover of TRC 1 and thought, "What the heck! That looks just like Syaoran and Sakura!"
I read the description and couldn't believe it, they brought them back!!!
So so cool. :O)

Offline kudan

• Warning: Username prone to changes. For user's safety, please use "kudan".
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #44 on: May 03 2005, 07:34 pm »
i was walking in this mini mall/shopping center (i dunno what to call it...) and i was looking for cardcaptor sakura stuff...then i ended up walking inside this manga store and i was just looking through the shelves...i saw naruto and stuff like that...then i spotted the deleuxe version of TRC manga with sakura on it (thats how i discover the whole TRC thing cuz i thought it would be CCS since sakura's face was on it...and i didnt know about TRC before...) and i fell in love with it!~

i hope you understand what i just said!

gomen ne if you dont...
That was similar to how I got to know TRC too! I was in a comic store looking for CCS comics when I saw the second volume of TRC. At first, I did not recognise Syaoran but I was shocked to see Syaoran's name written in the blurb and decided to buy it and try reading it.
Ack! no matching sig. x_x
Avie done by Evercool-san from livejournal
http://www.yourfreespace.net/users/kudan/
LJ (Only thing left not set up - a personalised set of mood icons)
Forum Family
futago-chan: charcoalz
lil sister of DOOM: Zeldi-chan. XD
itoko-chan: Okamirei, SailorYue
imouto-chan: Møon Li
onii-san: Kuri-san
ane-san: Kairi (Ashlee), -=kuro_woof=-, ~Emethyst~<br />Master: Elysia Silvermoon (Firey)
Nightmare City
Nightmare City -Catastrophe-

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #45 on: May 04 2005, 02:13 am »
Haven't been able to buy more than four volumes though.  :inlove:

This is just something to say to Ruby Chan... in England currently #5 is now out... and the next one, #6, will be out on July 26th. ^__^

Everyone has great stories ^__^
It's not supposed to feel this way,
I need you, I need you, more and more each day
It's not supposed to hurt this way
I need you I need you I need you
Tell me..
Why...

Offline angel

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #46 on: May 16 2005, 09:11 pm »
i was walking around in kinokuniya ard the comics section when ppl say tis comic is continuation of CCS. and so i bought in one shot book 1 to 4... thought it not continuation of CCS but i haf already fallen in love wif the story...

Offline kudan

• Warning: Username prone to changes. For user's safety, please use "kudan".
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #47 on: June 07 2005, 10:17 pm »
i was walking around in kinokuniya ard the comics section when ppl say tis comic is continuation of CCS. and so i bought in one shot book 1 to 4... thought it not continuation of CCS but i haf already fallen in love wif the story...
Yup, me too. ^^
Ack! no matching sig. x_x
Avie done by Evercool-san from livejournal
http://www.yourfreespace.net/users/kudan/
LJ (Only thing left not set up - a personalised set of mood icons)
Forum Family
futago-chan: charcoalz
lil sister of DOOM: Zeldi-chan. XD
itoko-chan: Okamirei, SailorYue
imouto-chan: Møon Li
onii-san: Kuri-san
ane-san: Kairi (Ashlee), -=kuro_woof=-, ~Emethyst~<br />Master: Elysia Silvermoon (Firey)
Nightmare City
Nightmare City -Catastrophe-

Offline otakugirl03

• fai! * falls in love with*
« Reply #48 on: June 08 2005, 11:13 am »
well, i had seen it in the public library1 and i checked it out and read it! after i read it i FELL in love with it! the  reason i liked it because it was dealt w/ sakura and syroan!! that is why i liked it
www.aegis-network.net/.../ anime/char/trc_fye.gif
is it fai or fye? wel i guess it is all the same! lol

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #49 on: June 09 2005, 01:55 am »
I guess I'm among the few who was NOT a CCS fan when I discovered TRC. I've been a big CLAMP fan for a long time, though, so I was aware of it when it came out in the US, but didn't really pay it much attention, thinking it would be similar to CCS or confusing to follow for someone who wasn't familiar with CCS. I was more interested in Legal Drug and XXXholic.

Then I kept hearing from fans on different forums how good it was, and ending up playing in a TMM/TRC crossover RPG on a Tokyo Mew Mew board. I started getting really curious after that, and when I heard there was an anime coming out. So my next trip to Waldenbooks I picked up the first volume of TRC, debated a little while, decided I'd probably regret not buying the next volume of X instead, but since it was CLAMP, it couldn't be THAT bad, took it home, read it, and the rest is downhill from there. ^____^;

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #50 on: June 09 2005, 07:02 pm »
i found out when Little Wolf posted information of it on the News boards of Sakura Unlimited. yup i remmember it pretty clearly.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 14 2005, 03:57 am »
I discovered on the same day that the sealed card movie was the end of the ccs story and found out about trc a few minutes later on the internet. I was so sad for a few minutes then i got so excited that my sister had to threaten to knock me out if i did not calm down. Iol. I  knew i would love it because sakura and syaoran were in it.

I"m so crazy in love with trc that i've made some of my friends who don't like anime and manga to become hooked!
If you think about it the past becomes the present and the present the future.

I will learn to love you again...

Offline saku_nigatsu

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #52 on: June 14 2005, 04:44 pm »
i discovered it when the Anime first aired and got fansubbed by DB & L-E, i fell in love with it right away!!!!! everything in the first episode of the anime was just so nice, makes you want more. then my friend sent me the first few chapters of TRC and i got so hooked on the manga too, and now i think i prefer manga over anime, cause manga even nicer than anime lol ^o^. it's all got to do with CLAMP's work looking so nice. lol

Offline ratswatter

• this is this! that is that! any more question?
« Reply #53 on: July 04 2005, 12:32 pm »
believe it or not my school teacher is a manga fanatic. he used school fnds to buy graphic novels( or manga) and guess wat he bought tsubasas. Awesome series, no?
rawr! roar! grawl! ruowo! ... meow?

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #54 on: July 04 2005, 12:37 pm »
I found TRC by a google search one day when I was looking for some CCS scans for an avatar, and then I found Sakura and Syaoran older, holding each other [refering to volume 1 cover] and then I screamed bloody murder, hitting my self upside the head, thinking that I forgot about an episode or a manga chapter that showed them wearing those type of clothes...and looking so affectionate.

Then I looked up some more google searches, and asked around until I was told that TRC was a manga that crossovers with CCS and showed them older. Me being the uber obessed fangirl I am, went to amazon and ordered the first two volumes :sweatdrop:

Believe or not, that is entirely true, and yeah, I can be excessively scary when I dont know something as big as this :P
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #55 on: July 05 2005, 10:16 am »
believe it or not my school teacher is a manga fanatic. he used school fnds to buy graphic novels( or manga) and guess wat he bought tsubasas. Awesome series, no?

proof school teachers CAN be interesting
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #56 on: July 05 2005, 11:04 am »
LMAO, yes they can, I had a teacher who was really into anime, he started an anime club in or school as well, and he is a fan of CCS as well ^^

Nice person to rant with as well :lol:
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Pickthelock

• Writers are Liars...
« Reply #57 on: July 05 2005, 01:03 pm »
I was in the manga section buying my first mangas, (Fruits Basket and YGO) and saw Sakura and Syaoran on it and freaked out because I loved CCS and haven't heard/seen anything of them in years. I grabbed it with glee and ran to the cash register. XP
Just be yourself. You'll be fine. ~Kyoko Honda
My Livejournal! Let's be friends!

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #58 on: July 05 2005, 01:13 pm »
lol, see where our obssesions can take us  :sweatdrop:

Offline Pickthelock

• Writers are Liars...
« Reply #59 on: July 05 2005, 01:17 pm »
LMAO, yes they can, I had a teacher who was really into anime, he started an anime club in or school as well, and he is a fan of CCS as well ^^

Nice person to rant with as well :lol:

ZOMG really?! I had a math teacher who noticed I loved manga and all that jazz. At the end of the year when they gave out awards just to be funny he gave me "Most animeted Award." And he sent me to an anime drawing class since I drew Fai during class all the time. XP
Just be yourself. You'll be fine. ~Kyoko Honda
My Livejournal! Let's be friends!