AuthorTopic: How did you discover TRC?  (Read 58736 times)

Offline tsukihime

• You have no choice but to love him!
  • Big Fan
  • Syaoran will rock your world!!!
Re: How did you discover TRC?
« Reply #120 on: January 20 2006, 11:06 pm »
from kuro_woof, she's bringing the TRC mangas at school & bragging it to all of us! *bad girl!* the TRC mania in our classroom started from her you see.. but the only volumes i have read are 2, 5, 6, 7....

set made by Aya-chan.. Thank you :noteworthy:

Forum Family:
my pet kitty ~ woofie-chan (-=kuro_woof=-)

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #121 on: February 03 2006, 09:04 pm »
As for me, I was lazing around on a discussion board where a member used a picture of Tsubasa Shaoran and Sakura and I went "wtf? Is this a joke, fanart or a plagiat by some really un-imaginative author?" after which I googled around a bit and discovered that it was a crossover, thus jumping to the conclusion that CLAMP had runned all out of inspiration and that Tsubasa would probably prove to be a sickingly cheap way of trying to make more money. However, after finding a site which hosted CCS episodes, I was bored in waiting for more releases and discovered that they had Tsubasa episodes as well, and I figured "what the heck, there might be something on how things work out between Touya and Yukito, or even Tomoyo and Sakura", and, well, you can probably figure out the rest...
« Last Edit: February 04 2006, 02:42 am by Ando »
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
« Reply #122 on: February 05 2006, 12:11 pm »
For me, I was looking at Cardcaptor Sakura stuff on the net when I stumbled on some pictures from TRC (I think I saw them at the Official Sakura fanlisting). I didn't know what they were from (though I found them very very very pretty just looking at them) so I went on a little search on the net and found out what series they're from. And that's how I found out about TRC.
I wonder what kind of fate awaits me?
I don't want to regret being born
There is courage inside my sadness
I believe I can grasp that radiance
The tears of the blue sky are pouring down
One day they'll change into smiles

Forum Family:
Tatasenko: my awesome sister ^_^

Offline ~*arty*~

• New Fan
  • Artemis Fowl is MINE XD
« Reply #123 on: February 06 2006, 09:16 am »
Well. My aunt went to Japan last year. And she got me this manga mag and it had Kuro, Fai and Syaoran on the cover. Inside it had a short chapter of when they are in Piffle. So curious I went on the web and looked it up. Then I plowed my fav comic book store questions about it and if they sold it. ^^

Offline Marumae

• "The goggles, they do nothing!" *flails*
« Reply #124 on: April 07 2006, 01:59 pm »
Well...I think I discovered it while browsing for some X wallpapers actually and discovered a few of the chapter inserts, went hunting for information and voila! :XD: From there it was wallpapers, then manga.

____________________________________________--
(Avatar made by Susuyo on Live Journal

Offline carcarcarrot

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #125 on: April 14 2006, 12:15 pm »
as for me, i used to love CCS, but when TRC appeared in the bookstote i wasn't as obsessed as i used to be, and somehow the storyline didn't appeal to me (well, i don't really like things that are too tragic, and i havn't read anything by Clamp other than CCS so crossover means nothing to me...), so i just left it there...how ignorant i was :P
it was until early this year i saw an episode of TC on TV (about Hanshin Republic) and was very curious. so i decided to give it a try and bought the first two mangas...i ended up buying all 12 mangas (that were available in Hong Kong at that time) within 3 weeks! cost me a fortune (more than HK$350!) but it's totally worth it~^^"

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #126 on: April 14 2006, 12:32 pm »
Oo, here we go.

About two years ago I was on the bus with my Inuyasha manga supplier, totally hitting her up for manga to borrow cause I was bored.  Well, she was probably trying to distract me so she showed me a picture she drew (I didn't know who they were at the time, but it was that picture of Sakura and Syaoran (closeup) when they're pressed against the glass in that chamber from the first few pages of the manga) and I was like, 'Woah, cool!  But the art is kinda funny...'

And she was like, "Here, look, isn't it cool?" And being a total weirdo I was like "MANGA" and started reading it.  I got into it a little and begged her to let me borrow it, but she hadn't finished and took it home. I never got to read it from her.

About a year or so later, I found CCS fanfiction and fell in love.  I bought several of the books (sadly from the Master of Clow arc, so I got majorly confused) and fell in love with Sakura and Syaoran.  My collection of CCS grew and my fanfiction attention turned from the sad Inuyasha stories to the slightly more diverse CCS ones.

One day, my bookstore had no CCS books and so I turned around, looking for something to read.  Cause I'm an addict.  DNAngel?  No, I borrowed from my friend.  Kamichama Karin?  Borrowed it.  Inuyasha? Had most of them.  I was completely losing it, about to die if I didn't have SOMETHING to get, and then I SAW IT.  Right there, the word CLAMP caught my eye and I was on it.  When I saw Sakura and Syaoran my interest was hooked.

But I was afraid and didn't buy it, instead leaving the store dejectedly.  A few days later, my friend was going to the mall and I was begging her to buy me the first few manga of Tsubasa because the interest and need to read SS was killing me.  She brought back 2 and 3 because they didn't have the first one, but I was hooked anyway.  I began zooming online, surfing for pictures and stories and the result is what you see before you.

A fanatic.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #127 on: April 14 2006, 02:06 pm »
Ha ha you guys have much better stories than me. You guys got into it cos of SxS love O.o me, it was bordom.
Ages ago I was getting Chobits from BWYS. I got a couple of chapter of TRC and read them but didnt really get into it and let it be - I was quite the CCS fan at one point and I didnt really like them resuing the characters, it seemed like fanfiction to me - esp when I found out it was an AU series crossover O.o. At that point I was getting Naruto weekly, and FMA hadnt caught up to japan in scanlations. Then I started running out of manga. I went back to BYWS and got pretty much everything they had direct, which was a great big pile of Holic and TRC. I read TRC again - for more than 2 or 3 chapters this time and gradualy got more and more into it, though with holic I was in love by the end of the 3rd chapter. And now here I am waiting anxiously for the chapter every week lol. I grew to love TRC

Offline kuma

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #128 on: April 18 2006, 03:33 am »
i read it from a magazine some years ago and i tried to find the manga but it is not sold at my place so i lost interest in it. until last month i found it at stoptazmo.com  and at lj and now trc is one of my favourite manga and it's a must download manga every week. hahaha :inlove:

Offline Touei

• -gone-
  • Big Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 18 2006, 05:20 am »
Let's see..
I was in the midst of one of my Card Captor Sakura obsessions (I have a tendency to get obsessed with CCS, Harry Potter and a few other things over and over) and I was just thinking how amazing it would be if CLAMP continued the series somehow.. when I walked into the manga shop in my town - straight into a display of TRC. I remember staring at it and thinking "Wow. They really look like Sakura and Li..".. then I saw the "by CLAMP" and I grabbed the book and turned it over to look at the back cover. I swear my heart stopped for a second. I raced to the counter to buy it and I read it on the bus back home, squee-ing as I turned each page. That was back in.. early 2004? It was only just released in England (or the manga shop had only just got it in stock anyway).

It is quite scary how a lot of these stories seem to have been fate o.o

XD

Offline Dark Ying-Fa

• Fear Us!
« Reply #130 on: April 18 2006, 08:46 am »
i borrowed Vol. 1 from my friend and I was hooked.

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #131 on: April 18 2006, 09:44 am »
A friend of mine of an anime community send me a special note about a new Manga of CLAMP that was going to be relased, the interesting of the note was that at first every one belive that the new manga was a sequel of Card Captor Sakura, then the article of the magacine was traslate and we know the true xD, months latter the community send the first chapter.

Offline TRC~Addicted

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #132 on: April 18 2006, 05:01 pm »
I discover TRC when I was reading a local magazines which drew their own manga and stuffed lots information about anime. and there it is...info about TRC. I was so excited when I saw it!!  :rotfl: Since I have been hearing rumours about the new series of CLAMP which Sakura and Syaoran will be in it several years ago. At first, I thought It would be like a continuation for CCS when I heard the rumour. Guess I was wrong :keke:
Me, TRC~Addicted is addicted to TRC

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #133 on: April 20 2006, 04:25 am »
curicity. a friendmentiond it in our neopets anime/manga guild, then on a board wher iget sailor moon sub direct downloads isaw that somonehad posed TRC. the first ep didnt work, but tesecond did. fell in love with it imediatly (and fai by the 3rd ep ^_^) then i went hunting for the manga. i found i hyu's site but they stopped after ch 80 :( then i heard about stoptazmo's site, but they stoped at 90 (they ae SOslow!) and then i discovered this msn grop that hadscans up2date
« Last Edit: April 30 2006, 04:58 pm by SailorYue »
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #134 on: April 20 2006, 06:30 am »
I was actually looking for manga on Amazon.co.uk.

I was browsing around for the last volume I needed of CCS, and I saw this thing which looked like Sakura and Syaoran (Called 'Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle'. Ohohoho.) it wasn't out, and was available for pre-order, but I ignored it.

After it came out though, curiousity got the better of me, and I ordered it off of Amazon. I had to wait about 10 days for it to arrive (new titles always take so long...) but I got it, read it, and LOVED it.

Now I have all the eight available english volumes (haha) and am official OBSESSED. <3

I made a friend through it too. She works at my local manga shop, and holds back merchandise XD Like these little Mokona Capsules with a figure inside. She held two back for me because they were Tsubasa. We love spazzing about Tsubasa. And KuroFai...XDD

*Tsubasa!Love*

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #135 on: April 21 2006, 06:21 pm »
It's all because of this (points to the thumbnail below).

...Actually, I ripped this picture off from my brother's files (who, in turn, got it from my cousin). When I posted it in one of the forums I'm in, a member suddenly asked if that's from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. I was, of course, surprised, since Sakura and Syaoran only appears in CCS. I was thinking, "What is that, something about them becoming grown-ups already?" Well, I decided to just do a bit of research, found several manga scans over the net, and, well, the rest is history.

Since I mentioned something about this pic, can somebody here tell me where could this come from? I'm not sure if this is fanart, but I don't think it's not CLAMP's.

« Last Edit: January 27 2007, 09:23 pm by Tenkuuken »

Offline Asuka

• The resident Orange Juice squeezer
  • New Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 21 2006, 06:38 pm »
I was flicking through Anime Insider while at the shops and it had an articl about the newest clamp creation (trc) it looked interesting so i read the article, but as soon as I stopped reading the magazine i forgot all about it  :sweatdrop:

but then a couple of months later I saw they had TRC on sale and I got all hyper remembering that this was the manga with Sayoran and Sakura in it, so being the huge CCS fan I was I bought it...and yeah, I thought it was continuing on with the CCS story, I was wrong (as always  :dodge:)

Older Sis~Cherry-Chan
Aunty~ Ralea

Offline Yummy Candy Bear

• Good Fan
« Reply #137 on: April 22 2006, 09:00 pm »
Well mine is simple and short. I am always a crazy fan of CCS. But it ended so soon! But at no time did I lose hope that someday there would be movie 3 of CCS so I kept searching and searching, then I found it TRC! I thought I wan dreaming but no!  :inlove: :inlove: I LOVE IT!

Offline adi-chan

• Syao-kun suteki!!! <3
« Reply #138 on: April 23 2006, 01:23 am »
lol during my chemistry class before the start of a chemistry quiz in the computer lab, i discovered TRC from clamp's website. i was looking out for X, then suddenly amidst all the japanese kanji (gibberish to me =.=;;) i recognised syaoran's characters... so one thing lead to another, using altavista's service of traslating pages, i somehow found out in broken english that there is a sequel!!! so glad i found that info that i squealed in my class! haha.. and would have been kicked out of class if we weren't having a test! =X

Offline Ying Hua

• Syaoran no Koibito
  • Super Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 30 2006, 04:50 pm »
I was a CCS maniac back then... I'd look for all kinds of sites featuring CCS, and a few of them also featured TRC... Then I joined this certain forum, got interested in TRC's story, and that's how it began... Soon enough I was downloading scanslations and subs.