AuthorTopic: How did you discover TRC?  (Read 55310 times)

Offline Lexi

• Obsessed Fan
How did you discover TRC?
« on: April 11 2005, 10:07 am »
I remember I'd gone to my friend's house to see a movie. She had left me in her bedroom to check out some of her magazines while she got us some snacks. I was so bored anyway so I started flipping through the pages and I saw some CCS fanart...but that's not what made my heart skip several beats. I reached the middle or so of one of the magazines, and found heaven on earth - Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE (Chapter 1)

I had almost fainted when I saw Sakura and Syaoran from CCS...in a new manga and a new style!!! I was beaming so much when my friend came back. I practically pounced on her and demanded her to tell me what it was. Compared to my excitement, she was so bored upon seeing it. She said it was a short story about Sakura and Syaoran after CCS.

Short or not, I was blissful and asked her if I could borrow the magazine. But she refused, telling me she had to return it to her friend. It was ok tho~ as long as I saw my precious S+S again in another manga.

Well, now that "short story" has turned out to be more than 10 volumes long, which I'm very happy about~ The main point is that I'll never forget how I fell in love at first sight with TRC :love4:  *Oh, I'm so emotional atm :cry: Sorry about this, guyz~*
« Last Edit: July 04 2005, 10:45 am by Lexi »

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
Re: How did you discover TRC?
« Reply #1 on: April 11 2005, 10:18 am »
Aww...the same thing happened to me except it is different in some ways.  ^^

Well, I have an awesome best friend from Japan and her name is Kimiko.  She was a foreign exchange student at my middle school and we decided to keep in touch with one another since she lives in Japan and I live here in Cali.  The point of this is that while I was viewing her webcam, I saw a stack of shounen magazines and asked her if I could see them.

Meaning, she lifted and flipped all the pages for me while I drooled over the webcam.  XD  She then showed me a cover of (guess?)  TRC right in front!  Low and behold  I saw Syaoran and Sakura.  I asked and bugged her about it and she told me.   She then started scanning and emailing
things over to me from Japan and that's how our bond started.

Basically, I've been a fan since May 21, 2003.  ^__^  I'll never forget that day...it was awesome!   :cool:
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline Lexi

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 11 2005, 10:33 am »
That's really similar to way I discovered it :D  Surprisingly enough, when my best friend told me about CCS for the first time I never paid attention to her, thinking that CCS was some lame manga. (Oh, how I want to kick myself for thinking that now :angry:) Even when I saw some pics of CCS in a magazine (kinda the way I saw TRC :)), I refused to like it. (Talk about dumbly stubborn!) Then finally my best friend lent me some CCS manga and forced me to read it. I ended up reading the whole series and eventually falling in love with it :inlove:

So, as you can see my first impression of CCS and TRC were very different. CCS was hate into love while TRC was just love into more love. (TRC was lucky because I already knew S+S from CCS, so that's why I liked it more at first :tongue:)

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #3 on: April 11 2005, 10:56 am »
mine was sort of "hitsuzen"^^, more fate XD
i met a classmate at the galleria, and we decided to go to the bookstore...luckily, she was also a manga fan >.<. TRC was on the "new releases" shelf that time, but I didn't notice it e_e. But then I saw how strangely familiar the boy's face looked like Syaoran from CCS,. and so then,.it turned out it actually was Syaoran-kun^^;.
but if I hadn't met my classmate at the galleria, I probally wouldn't have known about...or be this obssesed....with TRC^^

Offline Sya0ran

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #4 on: April 11 2005, 11:01 am »
Yep.  Its great how fate seems to have worked out for us all.  Like, if Kimiko hadn't been in our Student Exchange Program then i wouldn't have known about Tsubasa.  ^^

Forum Family

Offline Lexi

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 11 2005, 11:05 am »
*nods*  Beautiful fate, beautiful TRC, and beautiful S+S :love4:

Offline Sya0ran

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #6 on: April 11 2005, 11:10 am »
*nods* Beautiful fate, beautiful TRC, and beautiful S+S :love4:

YES!  Oh, most definitely!  ^____^  Fate, destiny...karma...all the same and it worked out quite well for us all.  =D

Forum Family

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 11 2005, 12:53 pm »
wow.. you all have interesting stories.. :D... me... i was just surfing through the net looking for more ccs pics as always.. this was early jan last year...  then i came upon this site.. i forgot which site it was...  but then..  i scrolled pass the picture and just down the page..when i scrolled back up.. i looked at the picture... i guess it was a scan of shonen jump magazine or something...  i was like.. that looks like sakura and syaoran.  Then i read the article and IT WAS S&S!!! i was wishing to jump around and scream!! but then i kept myself down.. trying to find LOTS of information about it...

it was stupid too cause.. i didn't it wasn't out yet in U.S. so i told my brother to look for it at the anime store.. -_-; i felt dumb then when i found out it wasn't out until may?  forgot the month but there's my story!! :D

Offline Fai D. Flowright

• Magician of Celes
  • Good Fan
  • Just call me Fai or Umi!
« Reply #8 on: April 11 2005, 03:55 pm »
I discovered TRC through news and whatnot....I was very excited to see that Syaoran and Sakura were coming back in a new series since I liked CCS so much. Then I later disocvered Fai and well, I'll end it there XD

Offline pinklacus

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #9 on: April 11 2005, 04:16 pm »
The first time I discovered TRC was in a local comic store. I wasn't planning to buy anything and was juz glancing when i saw a manga cover with characters that look a bit like syaoran and sakura. I read the summary at the back of the manga and found it strange that the characters are also named sakura and syaoran. Then i juz put the manga back on the shelf.

The 2nd time was when i was sufing through the website of that same comic store. There were news abt clamp's latest two releases. One was xxxholic and the other was TRC. THEN I knew that TRC was a crossover of clamp's works. I hurried over to the store and finally i bought it.
There is no such thing as coincidence. All that is, is inevitability.  -- Yuuko (TRC)

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #10 on: April 11 2005, 08:40 pm »
mine's a pretty short discovery, i was buzzin thru xxxholic at BWY and even though tsubasa rc was on scans there at that time, i dint bother coz i dint KNOW (stupid me~ :P), then i saw the chapter in xxxholic that there was the cross-over that syaoran asked yuuko to save sakura (i was like "what is HE doing there??") coz i had a habit of dling the newest manga/anime then backwards the oldest (big mistake~duh!!!), then i went to CLAMP's official webby to find confirmation for my confusion & slight suspicion & AHA~!! SO THAT'S TSUBASA RC~!!

yes, i was practically in a goose-chase~ :P

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 11 2005, 10:12 pm »
i was really shocked cos i bumped into it when the news first came out! i bumbled my way into an article about a new CCS AU and...wooshka...iw as hooked
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #12 on: April 11 2005, 10:16 pm »
least you are not mourning~

i'm in eternal regret~ :P of making myself waste my time and effort when the manga was right under my nose~ :P bleh....

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
  • ~Peace and Tranquility~
« Reply #13 on: April 11 2005, 11:27 pm »
My buddie was a super-fan of Syaoran, and she introduced to me TRC (cuz her favourite character is the mai >.<)and practically forced me to read it at first :P If I just looked at this CCS AU thing, I wouldn't have picked it up, but rather I love the cross-overs :)
If you can dream it, you can do it.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

~Walt Disney

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #14 on: April 12 2005, 02:01 am »
That's really similar to way I discovered it :D  Surprisingly enough, when my best friend told me about CCS for the first time I never paid attention to her, thinking that CCS was some lame manga. (Oh, how I want to kick myself for thinking that now :angry:) Even when I saw some pics of CCS in a magazine (kinda the way I saw TRC :)), I refused to like it. (Talk about dumbly stubborn!) Then finally my best friend lent me some CCS manga and forced me to read it. I ended up reading the whole series and eventually falling in love with it :inlove:

Lols, I was like that.. kinda.. with cc. It was lame looking back, but good thing i did watch it. ha ha.

But back to how I discovered TRC...

I was browsing round amazon... I think.. and saw tons of CCS. I really wanted the series, badly. I typed in 'CLAMP' at one point just out of fun. I then saw this picture... and it showed S+S [it was book 3] and i was like 'Wow, those two look like Sakura and Syaoran!' ((well doh xD)) so I found book 1, which had the same thing, and read the info and was like... 'OMG.... i don't believe it...' and I wouldn't believe it at first, till I started telling my mum about it. I got #1 for my bday [24th Dec 04] and was like, I WANT MORE!!! GIVE ME MORE!!! So I ordered the next two.. so.. my enthralling story of getting TRC.
It's not supposed to feel this way,
I need you, I need you, more and more each day
It's not supposed to hurt this way
I need you I need you I need you
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #15 on: April 12 2005, 02:22 am »
great discovery stories you have here... :D

me.. I knew about it just a few days after Clamp released in Japan the 1st volume back in um....2003? I was thrilled to see S+S back again in action after reading chapter 1. I went on reading a few more of the scanlated chapters and well I was hooked in the story because of the crossovers and the different countries and of course.. S+S. :inlove:

But as I was also busy with my studies, I stopped reading TRC in volume 2 or 3 I think.. After a year, I heard the news about TRC having an anime! So I quickly went back to reading the manga and bought Del Rey's version too. (can't buy Japanese manga.. >.<)

After a few more months, I decided to make this site... but that's out of the question.

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #16 on: April 12 2005, 02:25 am »
That's a very long time ago.. he he. Mine was late in 2004, November...
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #17 on: April 12 2005, 03:39 am »
I guess so... and oh, I forgot to mention exactly how I knew about TRC. I just read it somewhere...it's either in a blog or in an anime news site. I'm an internet addict so I get news fast. :D

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #18 on: April 12 2005, 05:20 am »
I guess so... and oh, I forgot to mention exactly how I knew about TRC. I just read it somewhere...it's either in a blog or in an anime news site. I'm an internet addict so I get news fast. :D

We're all internet addicts... ha ha... except when i go off to read it.
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Nyoko

• ........Nani?
  • Super Fan
  • ......Nani?
« Reply #19 on: April 12 2005, 10:19 pm »
It was funny, a friend of mine was reading a copy of Gundom SEED or something like that, and I was looking at it (even though I'm not into mecha), and at the end, I saw an advertizement for it. -^^- I screamed right in the middle of class...
~Crys