AuthorTopic: Funimation has Tsubasa.  (Read 35957 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: Funimation has Tsubasa.
« Reply #40 on: December 11 2005, 10:16 pm »
And as for the episode downloads, summaries and screenshots are just fine with me. I'd rather buy DvD's so Bee Train, and Clamp get something in return for their awesome work. I thought most of you didn't like the anime anyways, y'know? Since you're always complaing about it.

Stop making assumptions like that here. No show is perfect. People are going to complain about something no matter what so take it as it is and not making comments like that. Besides, I like the anime A LOT though I do have some complaints about it but that's the nature of the beast :wink:

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #41 on: December 11 2005, 11:38 pm »
I find this interesting, I wonder how will they handle this.

Then again, after what they did to DBZ...

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #42 on: December 11 2005, 11:50 pm »
They are re-doing DBZ, at least the Saiyan saga atm
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #43 on: December 11 2005, 11:59 pm »
I kinda doubt they'll do the other sagas.

I'm thinking of a probable commercial for TRC right now.

click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #44 on: December 12 2005, 02:52 pm »
If you knew about copyright laws, than you'd know when a company claims the rights to something, they claim the WHOLE thing, not just parts of it.

So, it's the whole series then...

I don't see what's so wrong with this, it's not like 4kids got the liscense or anything. I'm VERY happy Funimation got the liscense. I've talked to alot of their voice actors before (I live by their Texas headquarters, and they come to all the conventions I attend) And they always do their absoulute best to suit the characters they perform as. They WATCH the animes they act in. And frankly all of their recent work (Fruits Baskets, Full Metal, and YuYu Hakushou) have been very well done. Dubbing is not a bad thing. People automatically assume.

I don't have any problems with their dubbing. Honestly, coz I don't how good they are... It's the fact that we'll have to wait ages just to see the next episodes that makes me complain. They better release them quick.

And as for the episode downloads, summaries and screenshots are just fine with me. I'd rather buy DvD's so Bee Train, and Clamp get something in return for their awesome work. I thought most of you didn't like the anime anyways, y'know? Since you're always complaing about it.

Not all fans (especially the members here) are from the U.S. Most fans rely on fansubs to watch the series. Yeah, the creators deserve to get paid but you have to understand the fact that without the fans, this show would not have been licensed in the first place. If Funimation gets really strict on this, they'll lose a lot of TRC fans. And fans make the free marketing they need.

The anime has its problems but I liked it anime anyway. I was actually really satisfied by the ending. And I think the next seasons will be better anyway...

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #45 on: December 12 2005, 03:17 pm »
I admit I got a chill when I heard Funimation had gotten Tsubasa, because I have really bad memories about the travesty that was the DBZ dubb. I haven't seen much of their recent stuff, but everyone says they're a lot better now, so I'm going to trust them.

And... I haven't heard all that much complaining about the anime... Most people have generally liked it. Sure, they complain about some stuff (I personally thought the season ending was weak), but people also complain about the Tsubasa manga (personally, I think it moves too slowly). Nothing is perfect. If people are complaining about the little things, that means that the series as a whole is excellent, to my mind.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #46 on: December 13 2005, 05:18 pm »
If you got chills, I screamed. Haha, I was screaming and wrecking havoc all over.  Tsubasa is a very good series, people just sometimes look at the negative side of things. Let's be happy it even got animated. The problem now is how soon we'll be able to see season 2 and 3....

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Meza

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #47 on: December 13 2005, 07:59 pm »
Is it futile to hope they'll fit series in only 4 discs?

Fruits Basket has been only Funimation publication I have ever bought, 'cause of it's moderate price.

But yeah, I really don't care if they would dub whole series with only three   grumbling old men.  'Cause I don't really watch dubbed versions, subtitled ones are for me. If it were 4Kids, there would probably not be subs, but once it's Funimation, there gotta be ones... right?

If price is ok, I may be thinkin of buying it, but if it's not, I'll survive without.

Offline totosquirt

• New Fan
  • La lala...
« Reply #48 on: December 14 2005, 06:43 am »
TSUBASA! i hope for your successfulness in english :( either that or someone fansub a good one plz :)
...there is only HITSUZEN

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #49 on: December 14 2005, 08:42 am »
You know what I'm waiting for though? Merchaindice(sp?)! Since they are gonna dub it, and it's quite popular anime, they gotta make something other than the DVD's....

I recently saw on the news theTsubasa figures(Sakura, Syaoran, Kurorin, and Tomoyo) and they were so awsome  :inlove: I really wanted Sakura and Syaoran figures!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #50 on: December 14 2005, 08:51 am »
I still think FUNimation is a better company than some others. So I'm not TOO worried.
I loved thier voice work on DBZ, Top Class stuff.

(I particullary like ADVfilms)
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline * i z z y *

• Aloha! =)
« Reply #51 on: December 14 2005, 02:27 pm »
So I guess it's official now, huh? That they really do own Tsubasa? If so, I'll never get to watch the anime until I'm in my late twenties -__-;; They don't show any dubbed animes here in Canada. They do, just not the ones I want to watch..=(

Offline Mira

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #52 on: December 14 2005, 04:00 pm »
I hope they get some decent voice acting. If they get a bad voice actor for Syaoran or Sakura, I'll just die.

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #53 on: December 14 2005, 07:59 pm »
Seriously, you guys act like it's the end of the world.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

If they did make a crappy job on it then all bets are off.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Miescha Clayre

• Future owner of all of CLAMP works!!!
  • Big Fan
  • Together Forever; A promise we made... Eien ni...
« Reply #54 on: January 14 2006, 10:24 am »
I was really devastated when I checked out DB-LE today and found that they stopped the TRC torrents... :cry: I don't really have any problems with dubs...My main problem and probably most anime fan's are that it might cost too much (that's the least of my problems though :sweatdrop:) and that it's hard for some countries to get their hands on the DVDs -_-... I'm willing to wait for the DVD and buy it the problem is how :icon_pale:...The country where I'm living now is not exactly an anime fan :cry:...The only animes that I get to watch are Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh :snore:...

Let's just hope that FUNi does a great job on picking their VA's cause I heard that they made a fantastic job on Fruits Basket... Though I'm still wishing that someone would fansub cause that's really the only way that I can get my hands on anime :foncused:...

Raw might also be good! This way I'll be forced to learn japanese! YAY! hehehe..... :wav:
Fate is a funny thing, it can always surprise you somehow. Just when you thought everything in your world is fantastic and wonderful. It would turn your world into a nightmare the next morning you woke up. Just when you thought you world was ending, turning upside down. Fate will put someone special into your life and guide you through the darkness when you were lost. Cheer you up when you are in despair. - from the fafiction "A Crazy thing called Love." by Aisaki Sumi

There is not such thing as coincidences just hitsuzen - Clow Reed from Card Captor Sakura and Yuuko from XXXHolic/Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

Expect the unexpected - Keroberos from Card Captor Sakura

Offline KirakiraInu

• Good Fan
  • The Cat's Eye Cafe Kitties
« Reply #55 on: January 16 2006, 01:48 pm »
Umm.... Are you so sure Funimation licensed Tsubasa? I checked Anime news network and it doesn't have any news on Tsubasa being dubbed and usually they post it right away when they hear of an anime or manga getting licensed. I'll go check it again. Plus, I read an anime magazine that was only released recently and they had a list of anime's that are "2006 hopefuls" meaning they are hoping it gets licensed this year, and Tsubasa was on the list. Ah well.

It's too bad  DB-LE are gonna stop subbing! I really wanted to see season 2! ;_;
They say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom, and the forther you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you'll become as a result - Hiyono Yuizaki (Spiral-suiri no kizuna)

Offline KatanaJon

• Good Fan
  • Super.
« Reply #56 on: January 16 2006, 10:42 pm »
Umm.... Are you so sure Funimation licensed Tsubasa? I checked Anime news network and it doesn't have any news on Tsubasa being dubbed and usually they post it right away when they hear of an anime or manga getting licensed. I'll go check it again. Plus, I read an anime magazine that was only released recently and they had a list of anime's that are "2006 hopefuls" meaning they are hoping it gets licensed this year, and Tsubasa was on the list. Ah well.

It's too bad DB-LE are gonna stop subbing! I really wanted to see season 2! ;_;

As you see in my first post, they did something very unusual. They haven't really announced that they have it yet, but if the went through the trouble of telling people to stop subbing it, then I guess they have it.

Also, don't worry about season 2. Someone will sub it. Look at One Piece and Naruto. Still being subbed even though they are both licenced.

Offline Sohru-san

• Sakura Syaoran Li
  • Good Fan
  • "I love Syaoran! Syaoran, you're my #1!"
« Reply #57 on: January 17 2006, 05:39 pm »
I hope it gets dubbed! I think Funi did Fruits Basket right? If they did....I didn't care for it as much as I did the manga. >< But I usually enjoy their dubs!
Anime Dreams - An Anime Role-play site that involves CardCaptors Sakura and Tsubasa!

Precious Memories - The younger version of Syaoran and Sakura in TRC RPG, Card Captors Sakura Continues  RPG, Revelations - The pairings include MeilingxSyaoran, TomoyoxEriol, SakuraxYukito, etc. RPG

Offline KatanaJon

• Good Fan
  • Super.
« Reply #58 on: January 18 2006, 06:05 am »
Official news this time!

http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8193

In the February issue of Anime Insider, FUNimation has announced the R1 license to both Production I.G's XXXHolic/Tsubasa feature film and Bee Train's Tsubasa Chronicles TV series. No mention has yet been made of Tsubasa's second season or the XXXHolic TV series yet

Offline Sohru-san

• Sakura Syaoran Li
  • Good Fan
  • "I love Syaoran! Syaoran, you're my #1!"
« Reply #59 on: January 18 2006, 06:07 am »
They HAVE to make a second season soon! Although, I heard that it's coming in like...April or something. I don't want to wait anymore!
Anime Dreams - An Anime Role-play site that involves CardCaptors Sakura and Tsubasa!

Precious Memories - The younger version of Syaoran and Sakura in TRC RPG, Card Captors Sakura Continues  RPG, Revelations - The pairings include MeilingxSyaoran, TomoyoxEriol, SakuraxYukito, etc. RPG