AuthorTopic: Funimation has Tsubasa.  (Read 35966 times)

Offline totosquirt

• New Fan
  • La lala...
Re: Funimation has Tsubasa.
« Reply #20 on: December 09 2005, 09:46 pm »
Some news:

Funimation - Shinsen-Subs Follow-up (2005-12-08 20:36:50)

There has been some misunderstanding regarding the events surrounding Funimation's enforcement of its intellectual property vis-a-vis Shinsen-Subs. The fansub group was actively making available several titles that Funimation has already publicly announced. Their copyright infringement was not limited exclusively to unannounced properties.

...ooh! they should still fansub the unannounced anime still ;)
...there is only HITSUZEN

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #21 on: December 10 2005, 01:45 am »
On the filpside, FUNanimation is the way for TRC games to be released.

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
  • ~Peace and Tranquility~
« Reply #22 on: December 10 2005, 02:18 am »
Hmm....unless FUNi makes an official comment and announcement about it, its really hard to confirm it  :( Especially for the BC license, people have been wondering whether its true or not, since lamer_de from Animesuki said:

Now that shinsens site is up again and you can rad the C&D, there is no mentioning of Black Cat at all. Also, the "certain large anime fansub torrent site" still has torrents for Black Cat from other groups and only removed the ones from A-Keep. I'm sure mxs would've taken the other versions down as well if there were factual evidence Funi really licensed BC.

Its really a mystery of what happened behind the scenes now.

As for fansubs, I believe even if most of the fansub groups might drop it, there will still be underground groups that would do it  :sweatdrop: Just like GSD, 3 groups continued to sub is after it got licensed.

think positive! its good that fumi got trc, but doesn't mean no one will fansub it anymore. Let's stay calm and wait til it air next year and see if someone took the risk. In worst case, we could always d/l raw version or chinese sub at least.

Yep. In the worst case, we still have raws to stick to :)
If you can dream it, you can do it.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

~Walt Disney

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #23 on: December 10 2005, 02:45 am »
I guess it's time to remove the episode downloads...

I sincerely hope some non-US-based fansub group will continue subbing it next year. It was fun being able to download the episode right away after it aired in Japan...

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
  • ~Peace and Tranquility~
« Reply #24 on: December 10 2005, 02:57 am »
I guess it's time to remove the episode downloads...

I sincerely hope some non-US-based fansub group will continue subbing it next year. It was fun being able to download the episode right away after it aired in Japan...

I guess we have to pray for underground groups to appear :sweatdrop: Or a few may even want to risk continue subbing it, like the GSD fansubs. But I still have one question in mind, is that does this mean FUNi gets allthe 3 seasons of Tsubasa? Most of us are assuming it is, but....lets hope its not  :sweatdrop:
If you can dream it, you can do it.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

~Walt Disney

Offline totosquirt

• New Fan
  • La lala...
« Reply #25 on: December 10 2005, 07:15 am »
i don't live in america! i can fansub...oh wait i don't know japanese or how to encode :( and where do i get the raws? oh yeah dl-ing them...but i can't encode and i don't know japanese....i tried :(

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #26 on: December 10 2005, 07:41 am »
If Tsubasa is popular enough, I'm sure someone will keep subbing it... Detetive Conan was licenced in many parts of the world yet its still been subbed (in numerous languages)... hopefully, it will be the same for Tsubasa...

Offline snowangel

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #27 on: December 10 2005, 08:45 am »
Hmm good and bad news. The good think is usually when it's licessesed it meands dvds will come out (though hella expenisive). Personally I would have perfered another group to pick them up but better than Pioneer (now known as Geneon whom RUINED Card Captor Sakura!!).

I just heard live-evil is dropping TRC, that's too bad. I mean I wish they'd do this liceses thing season by season (as someone had suggested earlier). It was so nice to watch the fansubs right after it airs in Japan. And if they're going to drop it, that means they're going to drop subbing the movie right?

I hear the TRC movie is coming out soon on dvd, it's already up for pre-order. I kind of wished they did what FMA is doing with their movie which is providing english sub-titles in the limited edition. But from the info it looks like the TRC movie is only in Japanese and I don't know enough Japanese to follow convos.

You know ... anime companies in Japan ... would make a lot of money if they added english subtitles to their dvd releases (some have done that like with the upcoming release of FMA movie and I think an editon of Howl's Moving Castle did too). Most the time (no offense or anything) people don't like dubs or would perfer subs over dubs. If they had English subs included, they're make a higher profit than they already do since it is an international language ... but that's just my opinion and wishful thinking on my part.

Offline KatanaJon

• Good Fan
  • Super.
« Reply #28 on: December 10 2005, 11:14 am »
Personally I would have perfered another group to pick them up but better than Pioneer (now known as Geneon whom RUINED Card Captor Sakura!!).

Whoa, hold on there.

Nelvana runied CCS. Pioneer is just who they chose to release CCS on DVD uncut.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 10 2005, 11:28 am »
Whoa, hold on there.

Quoted for truth.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline MoonHikaru

« Reply #30 on: December 10 2005, 11:37 am »
WHYYYYYYY???????? I'm shock with the news and I wanna cry T_____T!!!! :cry:
I have read LE News and the Funi email and I cant believe it.

For the first time I was watching brand NEW anime and I was very happy, like others said, I had the 'TRC Sunday routine' too, and NOW I will have to wait until it gets on DVD and buy it??

where Im from its REALLY HARD -and I mean it- to find that kind of stuff 'coz there are not such things like a 'comic store' and the 'video stores' doesn't sell anime DVDs.  (Can you believe it!!!) The ONLY solution I have, is through the 'download system' unless you have enough money to buy through internet sales. Good thing: You have quality and an original product; Bad thing: Its very expensive, 'coz our money system is poor if I compare to dollars or euros, so I cant afford it U_U

but well .............I'll stop the (who cares)bla bla bla. I only have 2 wishes: 1. I hope that someone fansub the last 2 TRC seasons or at least the raws (now I have to learn Japanese jejeje XP); 2. I hope Funi can do a good work dubbling/subbling TRC.

jejeje I should start to save money, maybe at the end of the next year, I could buy all TRC DVDs ^__^

PD: Sorry my grammar mistakes, I know it sucks  :dodge:

Offline snowangel

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #31 on: December 10 2005, 12:52 pm »
Whoa, hold on there.

Gomen ne, I thought they were related companies, my bad.

Offline totosquirt

• New Fan
  • La lala...
« Reply #32 on: December 10 2005, 10:43 pm »
maybe live-evil could just sub the episodes without actually releasing them! i mean, just provide the text and we get our own raws :P

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #33 on: December 10 2005, 11:55 pm »
Thats actually not a bad idea! if worse comes to worse- tho hard to flip frm txt to media player!  :hehe:

im trying to keep a positive atmosphere- no official anouncements- and thanks to someone reminding me above- "they didnt say all seasons rite?"
 didnt think of that!  :sweatdrop:

hopefully not- fingers crosed!
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #34 on: December 11 2005, 12:11 am »
It's a good way to expose this anime you see.

Though it's a double-edged sword.

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #35 on: December 11 2005, 03:59 am »
Yep, I still haven't read any mention about Funimation claiming the rights for all seasons. But then, they didn't say too that it's only the first season they have the rights to release. :(

And about the subtitle scripts, that's actually not a bad idea. Not sure if that will also be considered illegal though... But I actually had wished for this during the first season... that some fansub group would just release scripts so I could use them with some media player that can use scripts together with a video. That way, I only have to download the raw video and the sub script. Not two videos which is just a waste of space considering the subtitle is the only difference between them.

Offline Anna

• Kupo?
« Reply #36 on: December 11 2005, 04:35 am »
Yep, I still haven't read any mention about Funimation claiming the rights for all seasons. But then, they didn't say too that it's only the first season they have the rights to release. :(

If you knew about copyright laws, than you'd know when a company claims the rights to something, they claim the WHOLE thing, not just parts of it.

I don't see what's so wrong with this, it's not like 4kids got the liscense or anything. I'm VERY happy Funimation got the liscense. I've talked to alot of their voice actors before (I live by their Texas headquarters, and they come to all the conventions I attend) And they always do their absoulute best to suit the characters they perform as. They WATCH the animes they act in. And frankly all of their recent work (Fruits Baskets, Full Metal, and YuYu Hakushou) have been very well done. Dubbing is not a bad thing. People automatically assume.
"Oh well the Japanese voice actors are better! Becuase they're Japanese !"
When they don't even speak the language.

And as for the episode downloads, summaries and screenshots are just fine with me. I'd rather buy DvD's so Bee Train, and Clamp get something in return for their awesome work. I thought most of you didn't like the anime anyways, y'know? Since you're always complaing about it.

Offline totosquirt

• New Fan
  • La lala...
« Reply #37 on: December 11 2005, 08:55 am »
little wolf: i don't see how they can copyright "text" since it can be easily edited with synonyms and "accidental" typos...like i doubt they can copyright every word ever used in tsubasa just to keep us from knowing what they say...lmao, funny thought XDD  :rotfl: a lot of money spent though....just take tsubasa and go  :cry: at least legalize fansub's right to...fansub since some people prefer english dubs...and plus there are some people who can't read! so you only lost the reading-people audience and anyone who knows how to use a web browser, bittorrent, and/or mIRC...so that's only what...4000? 8000 people who know that...well that's what i see as a result of leech/seed counts for tsubasa)  :greengrin:

i kind of see why they stop fansubbing it...but as soon as the content is edited (ie taking part of the pictures out to leave room for fansub areas)...kind of technically that is NOT tsubasa...well that's it w/ a dub... :snore: :snore: :snore: just ignore me... :dodge:

NOTE: my username is also totosquirt on the Live-Evil chat boards  :noteworthy:

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #38 on: December 11 2005, 06:08 pm »
Gah, I hope there's some great, majestic (Overload on the adjectives..) group out there who would continue subbing. I would eternally bless them.

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline totosquirt

• New Fan
  • La lala...
« Reply #39 on: December 11 2005, 10:07 pm »
lol...even though the famous quote states "beggars can't be choosers"... i hope that fansub is good (gasp!)