AuthorTopic: Overlooked Clamp Couples Appreciation  (Read 27221 times)

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
Re: Overlooked Clamp Couples Appreciation
« Reply #40 on: February 27 2006, 03:12 pm »
Now here is a random unappreciated couple: Ascot and Umi from MKR! I just DIDN'T like Umi with Clef (Which happened in the anime) but I liked Ascot and Umi!

I also like Nova with Hikaru from MKR! So cute!!! :inlove: But sadly Nova is only in the anime.. *sniff* I loved her...

Umi with Ascot or with Clef? so far i don't know which one is better....
but i DON'T like Nova with Hikaru....seen up to ep 37 and that Nova girl is insane!!! :sweatdrop:

can somebody please tell me if Hikaru and Lantis become a couple?
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
« Reply #41 on: February 27 2006, 05:49 pm »
geez.. MKR was one of my first animes and i even cant remember their names @_@
and if they are the people that are on my head... no i think they dont become a couple,..

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #42 on: February 28 2006, 05:24 am »
too bad, i really hoped for Hikaru and Lantis...oh well there's always Fuu and Ferio :D
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

Offline Eriol

• Something down there....
  • Super Fan
  • ~The Reincarnated one~
« Reply #43 on: March 09 2006, 11:51 am »
Haha!!I agree w/ that and Umi just got a love-triangle between Ascot & Clef..Ouch,that's gonna hurt!!! :hehe:
A mind is terrible thing to waste.

This is only the beginning,the beginning of the end!!

Impossible is nothing!!

Happiness is a warm puppy from Bartlett and also from Peanuts(Charles M. Schulz)

FlyFF character:
Enceladus ---->Elementalist/lvl 93(Never underestimate the power of Nature..)
SHaruhi---->Billposter/lvl 66+(It's clobbering time!!)

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #44 on: March 09 2006, 07:28 pm »
Haha!!I agree w/ that and Umi just got a love-triangle between Ascot & Clef..Ouch,that's gonna hurt!!! :hehe:

i felt sorry for Ascot but Hikaru and Lantis became a couple, they did the "i love you" scene in the final ep and right after that scene the girls were back in their own world, oh man i wanted to see more F&F and H&L :cry:

but what's up with that OVA, i saw a music video of it and the characters had a really different drawingstyle, i didn't recognise Hikaru until she used her Flame Arrow and i believe i saw an older looking Clef...so perhaps some UmiXClef moments? :confused:

does anyone know where i can download the OVA, i really want to see it! *puppy eyes*
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #45 on: March 12 2006, 11:48 am »
Wow... I just finished reading Magic Knight Rayearth... And I'm adding Lantis/Eagle to my list of Underappreciated CLAMP Couples. It's all but impossible to find good Lantis/Eagle fanfiction. And I think Lantis/Eagle make a fantastic couple.

And I know Hikaru/Umi is a popular alternative ship, but am I the only one who thinks Umi/Fuu would make a cute couple? Not many hints for it, and Fuu/Ferio is canon, but still...

I'm wondering if the anime is worth watching.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #46 on: March 12 2006, 02:55 pm »
LOL Jeannette-chan, I've never thought of either of those couples! ((Umi/Hikaru or Umi/Fuu))

And as far as the MKR anime goes, I'd DEFINITELY say it's worth watching. I saw it before I read the manga. It's what made me love the series! XD
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #47 on: March 12 2006, 03:09 pm »
LOL Jeannette-chan, I've never thought of either of those couples! ((Umi/Hikaru or Umi/Fuu))

And as far as the MKR anime goes, I'd DEFINITELY say it's worth watching. I saw it before I read the manga. It's what made me love the series! XD
Well then, I'll have to look into it. And you've never heard of Umi/Hikaru? I checked out the MKR fanfiction on shoujoai.com and a couple other sites, and all of the femmeslash was Umi/Hikaru. Couldn't find one Umi/Fuu. Kinda surprised me, actually. Usually I'm not big on slashing friends, because so many people do it just for the sake of slashing friends together. People who seem to think that best friends will always make great romantic couples or that you can't be close friends without sexuality coming into the picture annoy me, but I do like the idea of Umi/Fuu for some reason.

Perhaps I'm just kinda slashing Umi/Fuu so much because I read an essay a while back, describing Tsubasa as something of the male counterpart to MKR, with Hikaru=Syaoran, Umi=Kurogane, and Fuu=Fai. Which makes sense, because in Hanshin, Syaoran got Hikaru's kudan, Kurogane got Umi's, and Fai got Fuu's.

And like I said before, I'm actually quite surprised by how few people seem to like Eagle/Lantis, considering that it's canon and quite an important part of the canon.
« Last Edit: March 12 2006, 04:30 pm by Jeannette »

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #48 on: March 12 2006, 03:14 pm »
Heh heh, remember I haven't read fanfiction in YEARS. Thanks to you, I'm back on it! XD ((I probably read at LEAST 20 today since I'm sick and can't really do anything else...))

And LOL if you still have that essay I'd like to read it! It seems really on-target! ((Umi DEFINITELY = Kurorin!! Mokona haters... LOL))

Whoa, and few people like Lantis/Eagle? You mean HERE or in the entire MKR fandom? Because that surprises me, too... O.O I've always liked them...

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #49 on: March 12 2006, 03:25 pm »
Well, I've noticed they don't seem to be very popular in this forum, but I don't think they're very popular in the fandom in general.  Here's the fanlisting: http://fan.togenkyou.net/lanteag/

And apparently Lantis/Hikaru officially get together in the anime after
Show content
Eagle dies.
But since that doesn't happen in the manga, I can still dream about them getting together. (And I should probably be careful about reading spoilers, since I just ruined a big plot point in the anime for myself by going to that fanlisting.) I think Lantis/Eagle make a much better couple than Lantis/Hikaru anyway. But that's just me.

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #50 on: March 12 2006, 03:28 pm »
*reads the spoiler* AHHHHH!!! Why must you REMIND me?!?! I always have to erase that from my memory... *erases memory*

*sighs* Lantis/Eagle is so cute, ne? XD Good thing nothing will EVER happen to EITHER one of them! ^_^

((And dang that's a pretty fanlisting...))

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #51 on: March 21 2006, 02:50 am »
i like Misaki X Ohjiro in Angelic Layer but this is also a cute couple

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/amrasseregon/Kissu.jpg
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #52 on: March 21 2006, 06:26 am »
Oh my god, Kuro-puppy, you just gave me a reason to watch Angelic Layer!!! XD I have NO idea who those two are but they are ADORABLE!! ((They look kinda like Tomoyo and Sakura, ne?))

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #53 on: March 21 2006, 01:39 pm »
Misaki/Ohjiro is adorable, kuro-puppy. XD And so is that couple you posted a picture of, Hatoko/Misaki. Though that would be an awkward pairing, with Hatoko being so much younger than Misaki and especially with Hatoko being the younger sister of Misaki's canon love interest.

But I'm thinking Kaede/Sai is AL canon or at least has heavy hints, yet is so overlooked and adorable! Have they been mentioned? I'm too lazy to look back through the posts.
« Last Edit: March 21 2006, 02:08 pm by Jeannette »

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
« Reply #54 on: March 21 2006, 02:03 pm »
i dont know who they are too..just the girl with brown hair.. but i forgot her name -_-
i just saw the episode where she got her angel ^^;;
thats all:P
.. but they look so cute :inlove:

yeah.. yuki chan.. you are right.. they look like tomoyo and sakura o_O

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #55 on: March 21 2006, 03:47 pm »
Oh my god, Kuro-puppy, you just gave me a reason to watch Angelic Layer!!! XD I have NO idea who those two are but they are ADORABLE!! ((They look kinda like Tomoyo and Sakura, ne?))

now that you mention it, Hatoko does resemble Tomoyo a bit lol!

Misaki/Ohjiro is adorable, kuro-puppy. XD And so is that couple you posted a picture of, Hatoko/Misaki. Though that would be an awkward pairing, with Hatoko being so much younger than Misaki and especially with Hatoko being the younger sister of Misaki's canon love interest.

But I'm thinking Kaede/Sai is AL canon or at least has heavy hints, yet is so overlooked and adorable! Have they been mentioned? I'm too lazy to look back through the posts.

well there are a few hints that Hatoko likes Misaki, especially the last ep :D

and Kaede/Sai had sort of a hint.. :confused:

Ohjiro: if i win this round what will be my prize?

Ringo: i know, a kiss from Misaki

Misaki: huh?!

Kotarou: I oppose that!

Sai: Indeed, it's not good that a girl kisses a guy (she said something like that)

Everyone: 0.o

(taken from ep 17)

Perhaps this is a small hint that Sai is gay and add to that, that most of her rare smiles are when she's around Kaede.....so yeah it's possible
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #56 on: March 23 2006, 01:46 pm »
Have you read the manga of Angelic Layer? I've not seen the anime, but there are a fair amount of hints to Kaede/Sai in the manga. They're shown smiling at each other, and there's a splash page with them in a fairly intimate position. I'm guessing there are more hints in the manga than in the anime. But that scene you just quoted makes me want to watch the anime now! And I remember there being a few Hatoko/Misaki hints in the manga, too.
« Last Edit: March 24 2006, 12:05 pm by Jeannette »

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #57 on: March 23 2006, 04:02 pm »

well Kotarou wouldn't cause much trouble with MisakiXHatoko because
Show content
in the anime, when you watch ED song of ep 26 you get to see Kotarou and Tamayo as a couple

i also read some interesting stuff on a site saying that Angelic Layer takes place before Chobits and that Saitou Kaede also appears in the chobits anime or manga and that according to the site Iccchan has a big and important role in Chobits altough you never see him in Chobits but if it's true i don't know :confused:

and that the name Mihara is also used for a character in CCS and something i remember is that when you look at Hikaru she has those things on her hands and i think Sakura had the same things on her hands with the costume when she captured Rain Card (i have to watch CCS ep 3 again for the answer to that one)

and also that Clamp has brought out a story collection of a Shirahime (not the one from A L but a different one) and that in the CCS manga Kero is seen reading Angelic Layer

can somebody check if all stuff that i found on the site is true?

oh! and Jeanette, do you know where i can download Angelic Layer Manga, i wanna read it
« Last Edit: March 23 2006, 07:43 pm by Kuro-puppy »
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #58 on: March 24 2006, 08:13 am »
i also read some interesting stuff on a site saying that Angelic Layer takes place before Chobits and that Saitou Kaede also appears in the chobits anime or manga and that according to the site Iccchan has a big and important role in Chobits altough you never see him in Chobits but if it's true i don't know :confused:
Yep, that's true. Kaede was Minoru's sister in Chobits who had died before the manga began, and Minoru tried to create a persocom with her same personality. Icchan was Chitose's husband who had also died earlier, and he was the creator of the Chii and the persocoms. So the Angels in Angelic Layer are kind of the forerunners of the persocoms in Chobits.

and also that Clamp has brought out a story collection of a Shirahime (not the one from A L but a different one)
And that's "Shirahime Shou", collection of stories CLAMP made based on the Shirahime legend.

The rest of the stuff you'll have to ask someone else. ^^;; I kind of recall the part with Kero reading AL, but I'm too lazy to look back through 12 volumes.

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #59 on: March 24 2006, 11:59 am »
well Kotarou wouldn't cause much trouble with MisakiXHatoko because
Show content
in the anime, when you watch ED song of ep 26 you get to see Kotarou and Tamayo as a couple

oh! and Jeanette, do you know where i can download Angelic Layer Manga, i wanna read it
0_0 Really?
Show content
Kotarou/Tamayo? In the manga, it ends with Kotarou/Misaki and Ohjiro/Tamayo.

And you can download the Angelic Layer manga at Hikari no Himitsu: http://2hnh.info/