AuthorTopic: .hack//SIGN (spoiler!)  (Read 3878 times)

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
.hack//SIGN (spoiler!)
« on: February 23 2006, 07:16 am »
When surfing the Webb, this appears to be quite a popular show, so I figured we need a topic about it. And for those of you who couldn't tell by the topic, this thread contains major SPOILER! Don't read unless you've watched the whole show.

Show content
What can I say? I love this anime: the mystery, the music, the character developement, the artwork, Tsukasa and Subaru together, Sora with his Osaka accent and all his nonsense sounds effects... What I can never understand though, is how so many people didn't realize until the very ending that Tsukasa was a girl. Of course, I managed to spoil this little detail before watching the show, so I can't say for sure that I wouldn't have been as deceived as everyone else if I hadn't known about it from the beginning. Now however, I sat watching all these (from my knowing point of view) not particulary hidden hints about Tsukasa's true identity, and it bemused to see all these topics with "Nooo! I love Tsukasa, why did he have to be a girl?!".

I'd like to hear people's thoughts about this. Were you fooled? Were you not? Why? Having other things concerning .hack//SIGN that you want to talk about? Write!
« Last Edit: February 23 2006, 10:11 pm by Ando »
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: .hack//SIGN (spoiler!)
« Reply #1 on: February 23 2006, 07:50 am »
Hey...thanks for ruining the show for those who haven't seen it up to this point...

And another thanks for NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES!!!

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #2 on: February 23 2006, 09:30 am »
Hey...thanks for ruining the show for those who haven't seen it up to this point...

And another thanks for NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES!!!
I second that, The show was ruined for me by someone posting a comment like that before, and a year has no passed where I was starting to forget it but now I'm reminded again, I've chosen to not bother with the series since It's basically ruined anyway.

All I've got now is .Hack//Legend of the Twilight Manga.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 23 2006, 09:26 pm »
What?! What exactly have I done? I DID write spoiler in the topic! Now I've re-read the forum rules, and I still can't see I've done anything wrong. If the topic says "spoiler" and you haven't watched the whole show, you don't click it unless you want to have it spoiled. Right?

There. I've modified my first post. Could you still please tell me how exactly I've broken the rules?
« Last Edit: February 23 2006, 10:10 pm by Ando »
Signifying nothing.

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #4 on: February 23 2006, 09:59 pm »
I was wondering, Is the Hack//Sign just a anime, or is it a manga also. I only watch a bit of the show, because of my mother,  :heh: , So I was wondering  is it alsoa manga.

P.S Sorry If this is in the wrong topic. I couldn't find another topic with Hack//Sign. :sweatdrop:
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Sapphiresilver

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #5 on: February 24 2006, 05:51 pm »
I've seen .hack//SIGN. It's very good. I'm not sure if there was a manga of it or not, but it would be cool if there was.

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 24 2006, 07:42 pm »
There is no .hack//SIGN manga, but in the .hack serie there is one. Can't remember its name though... .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet? Ah, it'd be piece a cake to google it up.
Signifying nothing.

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #7 on: February 24 2006, 10:06 pm »
ya, I read the .hack//legend of the Twilight Bracelet, it was one of my first manga that I read. That kind of sucks that there is no .hack//sign manga. I would so love to read. I guess I should start tracking down epoised (bad speller :sweatdrop:). Do you any where I can download them?
« Last Edit: February 27 2006, 12:27 pm by Ashlee »
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #8 on: February 27 2006, 01:23 pm »
Ahh good series. Fabulous music, fabulous animation. Tsukasa was a bit inconsistent throughout the series - his personality seemed to change a lot. :sweatdrop: But maybe that's just me.
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 01 2006, 04:18 am »
You think so? I never thought of that. Could you give some example of what you mean?
Signifying nothing.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #10 on: March 01 2006, 05:12 am »
It was Legend of the Twilight Bracelet? I don't remmember the Bracelet on the end..

I'm hoping they bring the .Hack// MMORPG over to the West.

Perhaps what Suu meant was also that Tsukasa suffered from a rushed character development. I've only seen the first 1-12 episodes and to me he just seems the exact same to me.

What?! What exactly have I done? I DID write spoiler in the topic! Now I've re-read the forum rules, and I still can't see I've done anything wrong. If the topic says "spoiler" and you haven't watched the whole show, you don't click it unless you want to have it spoiled. Right?

There. I've modified my first post. Could you still please tell me how exactly I've broken the rules?
I don't know about Arcadey but I see it as, Yes you did put it in the title, however these forums people may of seen at least some of the series so there is no knowledge on exactly how much spoiler there is, so go into the topic to see roughly what it's on about and the actual spoiler is in tags, perhaps with notes on what episode is upto etc. no spoiler tags, read straight through and it's ruined.
plus mods still have to read the posts in the forum aswell.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #11 on: March 01 2006, 12:51 pm »
Well for the first maybe... 15 episodes, he deemed to have a bit of a bratty personality. But for the rest of the series, he seemed to completely lose his will. He seemed easier to push around, in my opinion after a point. I missed 2 episodes in there, so maybe I missed something, but it was kind of weird to suddenly come back, and see him being kind of wishy-washy, compared to his old self.
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 01 2006, 01:23 pm »
Maybe so, but I think lots of that had to do with the way Morgana treated him. In the beginning, she acted as if offering a sanctuary in this cold, mean world, but as the show progressed, she got more and more demanding and controling. I don't know what episodes you missed, but you said Tsukasa seemed to change somewhere around episode 15...
Show content
and then you should be able to recall the 14th episode, Castle, in which Tsukasa 'dies' and goes through quite a bit of physical suffering. After that, he goes all apathetic for a few episodes, and I don't think he ever really recovered from that (well, no wonder). I probably need to rewatch the show, but I think it was after that his personality changed so drastically.
Signifying nothing.