AuthorTopic: [TRC] Character Discussion  (Read 36038 times)

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
Re: [TRC] Character Discussion
« Reply #60 on: April 27 2005, 12:33 pm »
i juz cant wait to see fye use his magic again *if there is going to be*, coz so far, he's magician and we've only seen him use his power to travel the dimension once....

then there's kurogane: what'll happen to the curse set upon him? will he lose hiz strength eventually? *probably not i hope*

as for syaoran, i'm juz wondering if he's gona master his sword and thats all....maybe he has other types of "powers"? i mean....if he has a clone, it wont need to mean that he's normal as well....

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #61 on: April 27 2005, 12:44 pm »
In the manga, Arashi senses that Fai and Kurogane had lost something that makes them powerful.  Syaoran then tells her that he never knew any magic or sword arts, and Arashi tells Syaoran that he might be the "lucky one".
Also... for Kurogane, his strength will not wane as long as he doesn't kill, and he hasn't killed anyone (the ghosts in Outo didn't count b/c they're just video game figures)
I'm more curious about whether Mokona will show all 108 techs before the end of the manga...

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #62 on: April 27 2005, 01:00 pm »
letsee...mokona can...transport the party to different dimensions, transport items to and fro fr yuuko's dimension, go "mekyou!!!", disguising, ....i forgot the others...ah...and eat an apple whole~!!

my theory: syaoran lost the relationship he had wif sakura but he didnt "lose" sakura, the person whom he'll risk life and limb to protect, so he remains strong~ :D perhapes what arashi meant as "strong" is the sense of self....to remain as oneself's for a great cause....

kurogane did want to kill seishirou reguardless if his strength wanes~ :P and now i wonder what tomoyo said when she placed the curse on kurogane...that if he kils "mercilessly", he'll slowly lose his strength......well, that can be another meaning~ :D

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #63 on: April 29 2005, 05:39 am »
I'm not sure if TRC have already covered this, but you know Syaoran has no memories of who his real fmaily were?

What if he was made by the evil guy and sent out into the world to start off the chain of events that led to Sakura's wings appearing (you know, Syaoran excavating that temple place)

Imagine how Syaoran would feel...

(Don't shoot me if TRC has explained about his past, I'm only on book 4)

Anyone have any ideas about tbis?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 29 2005, 09:31 am »
The idea of Syaoran actually being half of the whole reminds me of Chii, so a similar event of Chobits might appear toward the climax... maybe the other Syaoran will force himself to integrate with the one with Sakura, developing a schizophrenic Syaoran...

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #65 on: April 29 2005, 01:03 pm »
well...i covered a little on this before, reguarding seishirou being good, evil or neutral.....coz i thought that seishiro might be helping FWR to guide syaoran to the "path" they planned.....

now i'm interested to know where this FWR guy lives....in which world?? fr my POV, it seems that clow country is the most likely since the ruins he seemed to have so much interest in is there *so is sakura's powers* as well as the appearence of those dark warriors fr the earlier chapters or episode 1 of the anime since he cannot travel dimensions....then again, he could have juz command a minion to dispatch them.....

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #66 on: April 30 2005, 04:16 am »
The idea of Syaoran actually being half of the whole reminds me of Chii, so a similar event of Chobits might appear toward the climax... maybe the other Syaoran will force himself to integrate with the one with Sakura, developing a schizophrenic Syaoran...

Oooh.....that would be an excellent twist! Every now and then, Syaoran puts a hand to his head, grimacing...

And completely changes personality! It would be a good test of his friend's loyalty to him - maybe they could tie him up every time he switches personality, until he switches back?

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Lexi

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 30 2005, 04:36 am »
Oooh.....that would be an excellent twist! Every now and then, Syaoran puts a hand to his head, grimacing...

And completely changes personality! It would be a good test of his friend's loyalty to him - maybe they could tie him up every time he switches personality, until he switches back?

XD, that would be terrible! I mean to tie him up when he switches personality XP *unless he's compltely whacko and wants to kill everyone o.o*

The whole idea about there being two Syaorans does remind me a lot of Chobits. But, I'm sure CLAMP will not make it completely like Chobits - they may have surprises for us...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #68 on: April 30 2005, 04:43 am »
XD, that would be terrible! I mean to tie him up when he switches personality XP *unless he's compltely whacko and wants to kill everyone o.o*

That might be it....he could keep attacking Sakura, trying to capture her for the evil guy - Fai and Kurogane would have to stop him without hurting him....but he would feel so guilty about whta he's doing...

(Syaoran stands out in the rain. Fai goes to get him)

F: It isn't good to get wet, Syaoran. You might get sick.
S: Good! If I'm ill, then I can't hurt her!
F: Hmmm....
S: I can't stop it, Fai! I came on this journey to help save Sakura, not harm her!
F: And Sakura is grateful for that. I'm sure she can look past these mishaps...
S: I need some time alone.

(Syaoran runs off, almost crying. Fai can only stand and watch him go.)

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #69 on: April 30 2005, 08:23 pm »
Wwhat if he then comes back all quiet, and doesn't speak to anyone. A sort of gloomy air fills the room...then Syaoran announces:

S; I've become a danger. I only hinder the mission, instead of aiding it. Fai, Kurogane, Mokona...I leave Sakura in ur    hands.
Sak: Syaoran-kun, what are you talking about?
S: I'm leaving the quest. You won't be seeing me anymore.
(startled gasps)
F; But Syaoran, where will you go? You have nothing to give Yuuko?
S: I will remain in this world, where I can harm nobody I care about....perhaps one day I will be able to release myself from this pain....
Sak: Syaoran-kun! (hugs him tight) Don't talk this way! You can't leave!
(He gently pulls her from him)
S; I'm sorry Sakura....(he walks away. Looking back at the house, he whispers under his breath...)

S: I love you Sakura, and I always will....

Of course, he'd appear again much later in the manga...just when everyone thought he really was gone forever.

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #70 on: May 04 2005, 11:26 am »
Etto... hoe? For some reason, I don't think Syaoran's the type to give up so easily. I think he'd try to overcome this weakness, rather than submit to it... but that's my opinion.

Here's something a friend of mine pointed out. It could be true that Sakura would fall in love all over again with Syaoran, but what if the thoughts of that unknown person trouble her too much, and that makes her hesitant? I thought she had a point...

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #71 on: May 05 2005, 01:29 am »
Hmm....and there's not any way for her to regain those memories is there? Unless...Yuuko never said that the prices were permanent....perhaps everything will be returned once Mokona is given back?

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 05 2005, 06:07 am »
The price IS permanent...
She CAN, however, return what they give her, provided that they are able to give her something else of equivalent value.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #73 on: May 05 2005, 06:45 am »
Etto... hoe? For some reason, I don't think Syaoran's the type to give up so easily. I think he'd try to overcome this weakness, rather than submit to it... but that's my opinion.

Yes....but even heroes need to find their purpose and strength sometimes....

What do you guys think about this idea...the Syaoran in the tube...is the 'real' Syaoran....the couple are in an alternate dimension, afterall...it could have a diff time flow.

Syaoran could have been released to carry out a pre-thought out plan...everything that's happened is according to the evil guy's design.....maybe that's why kid Syaoran doesn't have a past...bcos he was just a creation.......
« Last Edit: May 07 2005, 03:53 am by Ruby Chan »

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #74 on: May 07 2005, 03:34 am »
Yes....but even heroes need to find their purpose and strength sometimes....

I suppose... but the thought that Syaoran would leave Sakura just because he might have caused her to be in that position... I think he'd try to fix it rather than run away. Besides, Fye and Kurogane would definitely stop him from doing anything drastic. :D

Whereas for this "other Syaoran"... I'm keeping mum about it. I have my ideas but each as ridiculous as the next. I'll leave it to CLAMP to reveal it.

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline eiji

« Reply #75 on: May 07 2005, 12:41 pm »
I feel that the "Syaoran in the tube" is Sakura's memory of Syaoran.

So Yuuko and that other guy were at it all along!

*rolls over*
In the skies are her memories!

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 09 2005, 12:35 pm »
I just got the info from a Chinese site...
It says that when the "Other Syaoran" is beginning to awaken, Syaoran feels something odd with his right eye...  Maybe CLAMP is going for the integration (or it's just my wishful thinking...)

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #77 on: May 10 2005, 04:46 am »
Ooh...could his missing eye have been the one that formed the other Syaoran?

This may sound thick...but what's integration mean? Is it the two meshing together?

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #78 on: May 10 2005, 07:33 pm »
I think possibly Sakura will not re-gain her memories but instead will fall in love with Syaoran all over again, of course, it would be so sad and emotional if she only realised after Syaoran dies.

Just like in the 2nd CCS movie when Syaoran says 'Even if I loose this feeling... I'll fall in love with you again'
perhaps the roles are reversed and it is Sakura's turn to do this. Even though she forgets she falls in love with him again. Its plausable, she fell for him before, and he hasn't changed so it could happen. ^_^

that or somehow the deal id broken with Yuuko or another deal made. If Syaoran dies, do you think that would be enough to break the deal?

hhmmm *ponders*

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 11 2005, 07:01 am »
I don't think CLAMP intends a tragedy for the young couple...
Yuuko already gave the implication in XXXHolics that everything will be alright for them, so don't be depressed already... Not good for your health, you know.
"Setai Daijoubu!"