AuthorTopic: [TRC] Character Discussion  (Read 36025 times)

Offline KawaiiHana

• Big Fan
  • RAWR!!! =]
Re: [TRC] Character Discussion
« Reply #160 on: August 27 2005, 02:12 pm »
I totally agree with you there Pikari.
Having Sakura retreive her memories would seem a little too cliche.
~*Forum Family*~
Moonflower121- Little Sister
moezy-chan - Big Sister
Sayora Chan - Cousin
charme* - Big Sister

Offline xOLight_AngelOx

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 28 2005, 02:58 pm »
Do you think Syaoran's going to die for Sakura near the end of Tsubasa? I can just see CLAMP doing it for an emotional climax....Syaoran dies to save Sakura's life, and she remembers everything from their past, and how much she loves him....but it's too late.
if that were to happen i would really cry alot

Future: *  ;____;  *

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #162 on: August 29 2005, 08:35 am »
I kind of hope that Sakura doesn't get her old memories back. I think it'd be sweeter that way, having them fall in love all over again. If she gets her memories back it'll be almost like "Oh, I have my memories now and I have to love you because we're childhood friends." But if she doesn't, she'll love him for who he is now, and all that they've been through together and they relationship that they've built because of that.

Not that I don't think Sakura wouldn't completely love him no matter what happens... just that having her memories returned is almost too "perfect" an ending for me. But I'm sure I'll love CLAMP for whatever they do. o_O

Awe, if you put it that way, that's so cute I don't think she should get all her memories back, either! *steals some of Sakura's memories to make this happen*

Anyway, somewhere in here somebody said something like 'wouldn't it be sad if Syaoran died for Sakura in the end?'  And yes, that would be very sad (and I hope it doesn't happen) but this one time I read somewhere that CLAMP picked S+S for this manga's lead characters because they were one of CLAMP's only surviving couples! XD So, wouldn't it be awful if CLAMP brought them back in Tsubasa so they could kill them, thus matching all of their other couples? XD XD (Yes, this is a joke, I don't think this will happen. *knocks on wood*
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #163 on: August 29 2005, 09:37 am »
I kind of hope that Sakura doesn't get her old memories back. I think it'd be sweeter that way, having them fall in love all over again. If she gets her memories back it'll be almost like "Oh, I have my memories now and I have to love you because we're childhood friends." But if she doesn't, she'll love him for who he is now, and all that they've been through together and they relationship that they've built because of that.

Not that I don't think Sakura wouldn't completely love him no matter what happens... just that having her memories returned is almost too "perfect" an ending for me. But I'm sure I'll love CLAMP for whatever they do. o_O

I totally, TOTALLY agree. I was just saying this in the speculation thread. Having Sakura fall in love with him again would be awesome, because it shows how they will love each other no matter what. Hmm, i think I understand the dimesion thing a little more now. Let me elborate :sweatdrop:

Sakura is sorta like a 'different' Sakura, compare it too Tomoyo-hime, and Piffle!Tomoyo, they are different people but have the same heart. Basically what I'm saying is that, Sakura may not be the same Sakura who was Syaoran-kun's childhood friend, however, she still is Sakura, and that Sakrua was always destined to be with Syaroan, because her heart feels attracted to him and loves him. It sorta make sense I think, and maybe, Sakura getting her memories back, wont be so predicatable as I though 0.o

Also, I wish there was more angst on their relationship too. I've been thinking how Syaroan might not want to burden her with the stress of knowing about their relationship. I think he even doesn't want to tell her, which is evident in the OTOU arc. However, I think he knew that even if he told her, that it wouldn't make much difference. I think if Sakura was to tell Syaroan she loved him, I doubt he'd embrace her or something, I think he might think that she's trying to make him feel better, and might not believe her. He probably thinks she's pitying her. I dont know if this will be true, but I'm just speculating :XD: Anyway, he might realize sooner that getting all of Sakura's memories isn't worth it, or at least I hope, and he might just stop, and accept the fact that Sakura doesn't need all of her memories, and she can make new ones, even with him. I think he might feel that in order to Sakura to love him, she has to be dependant on her memories, he might feel that he's not good enough, since Syaoran seems insecure I think. I think that would provide alot of angst, and make Sakura a strong character, I hope she doesn't break down and cry, but maybe try to show Syaoran how she loves him, and not because she needs her memories inorder too.Heh, I think I'm just rambling, but the idea of going all over dimensions, looking for one feather at a time, would take forever, so this could be a good alterante ending, at least to me >.<

I'm such a angst lover, its really  unhealthy XD
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #164 on: September 01 2005, 05:14 am »
[quote author=fisah link=topic=248.msg55722#msg55722 date=1125272247
Also, I wish there was more angst on their relationship too. I've been thinking how Syaroan might not want to burden her with the stress of knowing about their relationship. I think he even doesn't want to tell her, which is evident in the OTOU arc.

It doesn't really matter, since she'd forget as soon as she was told anyway......but I agree with your insecurity thing. He's always felt that line between royalty and commoners, and has always been hesitant about what he should or should not do with her. How he should address her. How he should act around her.

As well as my angsty idea of the book ending with him dying either to save Sakura, or to give her back her final memory, I also think that an ending where everyone else is happy except for Syaoran would be a good one. One where he lets a future with Sakura pass him by....

LAST PAGE

Syaoran is standing among the crowd, staring up at the palace balcony above. Someone out of the picture is announcing to the citizens that the Princess of Clow is engaged. The next frame would shot a young man standing beside Sakura, his arm around her. Sakura would look down into the crowd, and have her expression turn sad as she sees Syaoran there. His expression is unreadable, and as she turns to talk to her fiancee, he melts away into the crowd.

The next time she looks, he's gone.

Don't get me wrong, I love the S+S pairing, and hope for a happy ending. I just can't help thinking that there is a lot of potential for angst, and a miserable Syaoran there.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #165 on: September 01 2005, 06:05 am »
Sakura is sorta like a 'different' Sakura, compare it too Tomoyo-hime, and Piffle!Tomoyo, they are different people but have the same heart. Basically what I'm saying is that, Sakura may not be the same Sakura who was Syaoran-kun's childhood friend, however, she still is Sakura, and that Sakrua was always destined to be with Syaroan, because her heart feels attracted to him and loves him. It sorta make sense I think, and maybe, Sakura getting her memories back, wont be so predicatable as I though 0.o
Yes, I agree with you there, fisah! Even if Sakura doesn't have all her memories, she's still Sakura, and soulmates with Syaoran, no matter what world they are in.... kind of the way Touya and Yukito or Sorata and Arashi are always together in every different world.

Ruby-chan! I would cry if the manga had such a sad ending. I can't really see CLAMP doing that. I hope they give S+S a reasonably happy ending... and just give us a lot of drama and angst in getting there.

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #166 on: September 01 2005, 07:16 am »
Oh GOD Ruby-chan, that ending would be HORRIBLE! I'd cry, no doubt... I mean, I can see CLAMP giving it a sad ending, but not like *that*...  Also, I'd kill the guy she's engaged to! CLAMP would be more likely to kill someone off than something like that, but it's so hard to picture either S or S dead! (I'm not even going to say what I'd do if they kill Kuro or Fai... *knocks on wood*)

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline DoRKyLOo

• New Fan
  • Smile and be Passionate.
« Reply #167 on: September 02 2005, 03:15 pm »
Goodness . . . That ending's way too sad . . . I can see how that can work for dramatic purposes and all, but too many people would be bummed out and quite possibly angry if Clamp tries to pair off Sakura with anyone other than Syaoran or vice-versa.

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #168 on: September 02 2005, 03:16 pm »
Goodness . . . That ending's way too sad . . . I can see how that can work for dramatic purposes and all, but too many people would be bummed out and quite possibly angry if Clamp tries to pair off Sakura with anyone other than Syaoran or vice-versa.

Very true, especially anyone who's been long-time CLAMP or S + S fans (which I am, and I know many people here are) So I doubt they'd ever do it.

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline charcoalz

• Obsessed Fan
  • onew <3
« Reply #169 on: September 03 2005, 02:46 am »
I AGREE TOO!!! =( S+S<3333 forever....=D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Family <3
itoko-san: Pretty, Okamirei
onee-san: Møon Li
futago-san: kudan

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #170 on: September 03 2005, 03:40 am »
I'd like a sad ending too, but that one would be so depressing Ruby-chan :XD:, but there's no denying that there can be angst in the story, I like angst ^^. However, Syaoran is kind of like the person to just leave and let it be, rather than going after Sakura and demanding why she would marry that man, or how she could do that, etc, etc. Its just in his character to let other's happpiness come first than his.

I think, ad ending where one of them dies too is probable *though I dont want one T___T* as well, considering this is very 'shonen' compared CLAMP's other works, so a happy ending isn't as expected I think. I can even imagine a wounded Syaoran just dying, and him telling Sakura that he loves her, and her crying. *sniff* As much as I don't want that, I still think it can happen, especially with the angst rate in this manga.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #171 on: September 03 2005, 03:50 am »
Angst is fun! I'll be happy with ANY sad ending as long as it doesn't involve any of my fav couples leaving each other. (Unless it's through death, cuz that's romantic! And that's not really *leaving* them) So basically, I'd like a sad ending as long as S doesn't leave S, or *twitch* Kuro goes for Tomo or Fai goes for Ashura... *twitch* (Even though I know Kuro and Fai prolly won't have anymore romance other than implications, I don't want 'em with anyone else either!)

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #172 on: September 03 2005, 03:59 am »
Yes, death isn't as bad as being seperated, because when you leave each other, its willingly, and death isn't :XD: *disturbed by her optimism when concerning death*

Fai and Kurogane wont most likely leave each other *I hope* I doubt it since Ashura and Tomoyo hardly appear in teh manga, so yeah. However, them parting ways once everything is done and over with can happen as  well >.< *sobs* S x  S wont leave each other, Syaroan is in love with Sakura, and Sakura is way too dependable to leave ANYONE so I doubt that too. If anythiing, Syaoran just might leave to save her grief or something >_>
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #173 on: September 03 2005, 04:08 am »
How would Syao leaving her save her grief? *eyes watering* C-cuz I don't want that to happen.... But the ending that would be bad for ME is Kuro going back to his world and Fai being a vagabond forever... But that is WAY to predictable... Either that or it's SO predictable that it's impredictable because everyone would think 'OH something that obvious would NEVER happen' and THAT will be when CLAMP strikes and makes the evilness HAPPEN! Oh GOD I'm too Kuro Fai hyper... *calms down* But the lyrics to Oruha's song implied otherwise anyway... "Take me to your land so I can be with you" *wink wink*

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #174 on: September 03 2005, 05:19 am »
Well, I think when she gets all her memories back, he might just leave, so she doesn't keep questioning about their relationship. Sakura is already sad that a 'complete stranger' who can possibly be close to her is fighting for her, and she can't remember him, so Syaoran might just leave so she can just forget about everything, and live her life again. Though, I still think Sakrua would tell him she loves him though :XD:

That would be evil if Kuro x Fai seperated, however, there has been many MANY implications, it would be stupid to just let them leave each other at the end, because that isn't angst, its pathetic. KuroFai deserve happiness as well :P
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #175 on: September 03 2005, 05:47 am »
When it comes to Kurogane and Fai....I can't help wondering if Fai's past will come out at the end of their adventure, nearly, and he dies at Ashura's hands, protecting the others (especially Kurogane). Or maybe his magic will kill him slowly and painfully without his tattoo if he uses it to fight Ashura.....

But I don't want that! I want Fai to go home with Kurogane, and have Tomoyo make fun of Kurogane!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #176 on: September 03 2005, 06:09 am »
When it comes to Kurogane and Fai....I can't help wondering if Fai's past will come out at the end of their adventure, nearly, and he dies at Ashura's hands, protecting the others (especially Kurogane). Or maybe his magic will kill him slowly and painfully without his tattoo if he uses it to fight Ashura.....

But I don't want that! I want Fai to go home with Kurogane, and have Tomoyo make fun of Kurogane!

Those were some of my thoughts, too. I have this feeling that CLAMP is going to give Kuro/Fai a tragic ending, because I think Fai is hiding a big secret that has to do with a feather, and its all going to come to a big climax eventually. And I admit, as much as I'd love a happy ending, I'm a suc.ker for tragic drama, too. XD
« Last Edit: September 04 2005, 01:02 am by Pikari »

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #177 on: September 03 2005, 09:24 am »

O.o.... *dies*

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #178 on: September 03 2005, 09:33 am »

If that happened I think I would have a split desicion about things..I agree that I want a happy ending like anyone else would for Fai and Kuro, but I also want a bit of drama and such.  :sweatdrop:

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #179 on: September 03 2005, 09:34 am »
DON'T KILL FAI! *cries* Pleeeease don't kill Fai, he's my only surviving favorite character in HISTORY! *sobbing*

Vote for KUROFAI!