AuthorTopic: Touya/Kurogane and Yukito/Fai??  (Read 5307 times)

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
Touya/Kurogane and Yukito/Fai??
« on: June 08 2005, 04:33 pm »
Hey everyone!  does anyone have any comment about fai and kurogane looking like touya and yukito?  that's the comments i get from my non-trc fans..  "are those guys with syaoran sakura's brother and that other dude(yukito)?"  that just got me thinking.. what if there was a connection between how CLAMP made them look alike..

Offline LemonPing

• Good Fan
  • This is Kobato-chan from CLAMP's Kobato(Temporary)
Re: Touya/Kurogane and Yukito/Fai??
« Reply #1 on: June 09 2005, 01:13 am »
i have tot about that b4 but after all... their just 2 different characters... personality wise is a huge difference... kuro's hair looks more gel-ed up while fay's hair is long so alot of difference!

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #2 on: June 09 2005, 04:36 am »
I think they were based around the same character mould....

Touya/Kurogane....both strong and good fighters/a bit on the hiding emotions side
Yukito/Fai...false smiles/nice friendly personalities

Other than that,  they're totally diff characters, which is nice.
« Last Edit: June 10 2005, 05:04 am by Ruby Chan »

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline S. Espoire

• Its Sakura Espoire. Another Fai fan.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 09 2005, 09:36 am »
but the similarities are noticable.
I thought at first too that kuro is toya and fai is yuki. that was before I started reading Tsubasa and when I had read that it is made from CCS characters.
« Last Edit: June 09 2005, 04:13 pm by S. Espoire »
Cousin: Ruby chan
Imoto chan: Zeldi, lika-chi
Aunt: Sakaki san

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #4 on: June 09 2005, 01:09 pm »
i noticed that fai reminded me alot of yukito but now that you mentioned it.. it does look really much alike.

o.O i'm starting to like kurogane and fai pairing now. hehe XD i never actually thought of this this way. but it's interesting to think of this possibility. i think CLAMP did do this to show CCS in TC.

i think they want to show us a bit of CCS in TC to make us enjoy it more?? i guess hehe
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline hime_yurie

• Friends forever!
  • Big Fan
  • ~Yurie~
« Reply #5 on: June 10 2005, 11:43 am »
well CCS was really good so i gues they wanted to put some of the good qualities in TC

BFF

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 15 2005, 01:28 am »
it's like... touyaxyukito.. and then... kuroganexfai... kinda.. odd. but then i guess!

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #7 on: June 15 2005, 05:49 am »
***i'm starting to like kurogane and fai pairing now. hehe XD i never actually thought of this this way. but it's interesting to think of this possibility. i think CLAMP did do this to show CCS in TC.***

Clamp has pairings like this in nearly all of their works.
Check out some of their new stuff and you'll see many of the main characters in these types of relationships.

Offline Michiru

• Michiru Kaiou
« Reply #8 on: June 15 2005, 06:27 am »
I did notice that as I saw more interaction between Kurogane and Fai. Although there are some very obvious differences, they do remind me a bit of Touya and Yukito. Touya and Kurogane are similar in the since that they both have rough personalities (Kurogane, of course, much moreso than Touya), somewhat similar physical features, and they're both distant and closed-off emotionally to most people (with only the expection of a few individuals). Yukito and Fai are similar for their kinder, gentler, and easy-going personalities, their much more delicate and ethereal appearances, their apparent enjoyment of teasing their rougher counterparts (Touya/Kurogane), and the occasional hints of a sadness that lies behind their cheerful fronts. Fai and Yukito also seem to share a similar relationship to Sakura.

However, the relationships between Touya and Yukito and Kurogane and Fai are very different, in my opinion. For one, the (romantic) relationship between Touya and Yukito is canon - well, at least in Cardcaptor Sakura. It is likely to apply to Tsubasa, as well, particularly considering that they seem to have a close relationship no matter what world they are in. It kind of implies (at least, to me) that their souls are connected. And they are obviously at ease and affectionate with each other... they have the air of two individuals that have been in love and together for a long time. Kurogane and Fai (in the romantic sense) are not canon, and there is no real indication that they ever will be. However, they do seem to have a chemistry that makes for a potential relationship - and considering that this is CLAMP, an eventual relationship between them is entirely possible. Since they have only recently met, they lack the closeness and comfort that exists between Touya and Yukito, but I wonder if their relationship will gradually become a bit more similar to Touya and Yukito as time progresses. They are very similar in personality, after all. :p
The most beautiful thing we can experience is that which is mysterious.

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #9 on: June 17 2005, 11:42 pm »
***i'm starting to like kurogane and fai pairing now. hehe XD i never actually thought of this this way. but it's interesting to think of this possibility. i think CLAMP did do this to show CCS in TC.***

Clamp has pairings like this in nearly all of their works.
Check out some of their new stuff and you'll see many of the main characters in these types of relationships.

That's what I was thinking. Anyone seen Legal Drug? ;)
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #10 on: June 19 2005, 08:41 pm »
Another similarity between couples is that Yukito is sort of the softer side of Touy....kinda like Fai is with Kurogane, ne?

And, both Fai/Yukito are protective towards Sakura....whilst Kuorgane is like a surrogate big borhter, a temp for Touya.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #11 on: June 20 2005, 11:07 pm »
***That's what I was thinking. Anyone seen Legal Drug? ;)***

Legal Drug is one of my FAVORITES!!
I've read the three that are out here and they are so good, especially number three. That contest they had at the school was pretty amusing, ne?

I'm waiting to order it from Amazon.com but I can't find it!!! :( Have vol 1 and 2 though!)
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 23 2005, 02:15 pm »
I agree with s. espoire . I had originally thought that they were yuki and touya when i saw the pics first but then i started to read the story . there are similarities between the pairing. I thought that they were sort of a replacement for yuki and touya in this series who would be there to help syaoran and sakura out since the other two were not there. fai  is supposed to be the one with powers and so is yuki . touya is more the warrior as is kurogane . despite the similarities though they are different characters.
If you think about it the past becomes the present and the present the future.

I will learn to love you again...

Offline Michiru

• Michiru Kaiou
« Reply #13 on: June 30 2005, 12:22 pm »
That's what I was thinking. Anyone seen Legal Drug? ;)

I love Legal Drug! *^^* It is, without a doubt, one of my favourite series. I didn't know volume three was out, though! I'll have to get that soon. <3
The most beautiful thing we can experience is that which is mysterious.

Offline Sayora Chan

• Great Fan
  • Fai-A-Holic
« Reply #14 on: April 12 2006, 12:58 am »
When I picked up my first manga, I thought Yukito was Fai, but after a little reading I began to see differences.  As for the pairings, I think that Touya and Yukito might have beenlike Fai and Kurogane in the past.  I often wondered if CLAMP was showing us where everythng would end up between those two.

Avatar by Okamirei!! So Many thanks to her!  Sig is my first attempt, but it's really growing on me. ^_^
Forum Family:
Dragonia - Imoto-Chan, moonprincess18 - Imoto-Chan
moezy-chan - Onee-San, KawaiiHana - Itoko
KuroPuppy  - Onii-San, Tooya_Mizuki - Onii-San
Zeldi - Imoto-Chan, Starfire - Imoto-Chan
Okamirei - Imoto-Chan, Ralea - Imoto-Chan
OniiChanTouya-Itoko, princess_kakurine - Imoto-Chan, Moon Hime - Imoto Chan

Offline Dokaka

• Huh?!
« Reply #15 on: August 03 2006, 05:47 pm »
Like most of you i also noticed that Kurogane and Fai has a strong resemblance  to Yukito and touya. They have very similar features and Characteristics but Kurofai belongs to a league of their own.

Offline Bra-chan

• Ice-cream fan de~su =^.^=
« Reply #16 on: August 03 2006, 06:27 pm »
Yepp, they're similar ^^ I think so too :wink:

Show content
And Kuro-rin will save Fay too just like Tooya did with Yukito in the CCS

" You will be able to meet different people. And then one day You'll never see them again. "