AuthorTopic: Origami  (Read 12361 times)

Offline minty

• New Fan
Re: Origami
« Reply #20 on: April 18 2006, 05:44 am »
This story is sooooooo touching! Thank you for telling us, Ralae. Actually, I have an idea, can we have a topic for stories in this forum??

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #21 on: April 18 2006, 01:17 pm »
Hmm, I know that story.. But the thing about her not completing the cranes is a myth.. Supposedly she actually folded over 1,300 cranes before she died.

But the one where she only folded 644 is sweeter, ne? XD Cuz her friends and family helped! ^_^

Also, her wish was not just to get well. Her was was not only for her to get well, but for no child to ever die in such a way ever again.
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #22 on: April 18 2006, 08:32 pm »
Did she finish her 1000?! *curses memory* I didn't knew that. I remember was she only finished 644 cranes. My memory is really getting rusty these days.

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline minty

• New Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 19 2006, 06:28 am »
Awww...she wished that other children to get well too! that's so sweet and thoughtful of her. Now that I know the story behind the cranes, I think origami becomes even more meaning to me.

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #24 on: April 19 2006, 11:21 am »
Did she finish her 1000?! *curses memory* I didn't knew that. I remember was she only finished 644 cranes. My memory is really getting rusty these days.

No no no, there's two stories! I'm not 100% sure which one is true, though. But most sources say that the 644 thing was just to make the book ((written about her)) more touching, you know? I dunno why they picked 644, though.. If they were gonna spruce up the story a bit, you'd think they would have made it 999 or something! XD But maybe that wouldn't work because only one person would be able to help her instead of all of her friends and family.

So you are right, there IS a story where she only finished 644, but I've read that in truth she finished the 1000.
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline babypigggy

• o1_loserkid.
  • "A True Fan"
  • miyuki,sasaki
« Reply #25 on: April 19 2006, 11:28 am »
OUU i love making origami, i make cranes, stars and hearts ^_^;;

-- never too far.. no matter how far ..
theONE's[<3]:
twinKITTY;; Zeldi
bigKITTY;; pretty,Quimmy,TimeMachine,Nyoko,Møon Li,sofiacardcaptors,Moezy-chan,-=kuro_woof=-,Sya0ran,bLuetopaz,Shuinu,bie_liao,aishiteru,Ashlee
bigPUPPY;; vexnet, Kasawa Lanford
littleKITTY;;Fai, Cardcaptors_Ria, baby.piglet

Offline wishingstarx

• ~//Kaze//~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #26 on: April 20 2006, 12:48 am »

"Maybe the wind can take us, as it blows along."

Watashi no Forum Kazoku:
imouto-chan: Okamirei, suu_no_clover, Moonflower121, Star Wings
onee-san:  bie liao, Kumiko, minty, Aya-Chan, Shiunu, Ashlee, littlekitty, ~Emethyst~

Offline minty

• New Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 23 2006, 04:52 am »
I have gone to that website before, they have diagrams of the finished origami but unfortunately they don't show you how you can fold (i.e. the steps/instructions as to how to fold) the finished product.

Offline minty

• New Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 30 2006, 05:24 am »
Hey!! good news! I found a site that shows diagram instructions as to how to fold origami!!  :D

http://www.opane.com/howtoorigami.html

One of the link teaches you how to fold Tare Panda but it's really complicated!! I can't make it myself :( Try it out!!  :okay:

http://www.opane.com/tarepanda.html

Offline wishingstarx

• ~//Kaze//~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #29 on: April 30 2006, 06:05 am »
:keke: Cool, arigatou, minty-sama!  Now I can try to make something new.  I also finished my pineapple origami today but  :sweatdrop: now I need to get more origami paper...

Watashi no Forum Kazoku:
onee-san:  bie liao, Kumiko, minty, Aya-Chan, Shiunu, Ashlee, littlekitty, ~Emethyst~

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #30 on: April 30 2006, 10:55 am »
I just use any paper I can get my hands on when practicing, then use colored paper when I'm confident that I have it nailed. And thanks for the Tare Panda diagram! I can now do something complicated to amuse my seatmate when my teacher is giving a boring lecture. :D

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Crystal_Wings

• Great Fan
  • Someday I'll Fly Away
« Reply #31 on: May 05 2006, 07:15 am »
This is so cool! I love origami! I like folding cranes! But butterflies are my favorite.
However, I am trying to fold a thousand cranes for my Aunt Miko. She lives in Japan and she is sick. I Only have about 100 so far though.
I wanted to say something else about the story of 1000 cranes and the girl, Sadako. Every year on August 6-- Peace Day, people place thousands of paper cranes beneath her statue. They make the wish that is engraved on the base of the Statue: This is our cry, this is our prayer; peace in the world.
I wish I could fold a crane just to place beneath her statue. This would make me happy.

I love origami and I would love any diagrams posted here.

Sig made by the wonderful bLuetopaz
~Forum Family~
-Little Sister-
Kai_Mizuki a.k.a. hack.<3.fly

Offline wishingstarx

• ~//Kaze//~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #32 on: May 05 2006, 07:32 am »
This is so cool! I love origami! I like folding cranes! But butterflies are my favorite.
However, I am trying to fold a thousand cranes for my Aunt Miko. She lives in Japan and she is sick. I Only have about 100 so far though.
I wanted to say something else about the story of 1000 cranes and the girl, Sadako. Every year on August 6-- Peace Day, people place thousands of paper cranes beneath her statue. They make the wish that is engraved on the base of the Statue: This is our cry, this is our prayer; peace in the world.
I wish I could fold a crane just to place beneath her statue. This would make me happy.

I love origami and I would love any diagrams posted here.
I remember that story... I wish I could place some cranes at her statue, too...

I'm making cranes, flowers, butterflies, and stars for my mom for mothers' day coming up...
 I still have a long way to go...but I still have some time...

Crystal_Wings, I hope your aunt gets well soon...
also, I'll try to post the story under the "Storytime" thread....

Watashi no Forum Kazoku:

Offline Crystal_Wings

• Great Fan
  • Someday I'll Fly Away
« Reply #33 on: May 05 2006, 07:53 am »
Thank you wishingstarx. You did a good job with the story in the storytime thread.

Sig made by the wonderful bLuetopaz
~Forum Family~
-Little Sister-
Kai_Mizuki a.k.a. hack.<3.fly

Offline minty

• New Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 06 2006, 06:10 am »
good job everyone!! i finally found a diagram instrution as to how to fold lilies but I forgot the link. I have the picture saved though. can you post pictures here? if I can, i'll post that picture on here so everyone can see.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #35 on: May 08 2006, 03:36 pm »
ive made a few things out of origami. i remember i made my old chorus teacher a PINK elephant when he retired. he laughed XP

(in case you dont know, in cartoons people tend to see pink elephants when thir stinkin drunk :haha:)
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
  • Sorry I was inactive due to a stomach infection.
« Reply #36 on: June 09 2006, 10:22 am »
I love origami!
I can fold the dreaded tulip! in a 4cm form!
and too much other stuff to list.
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
  • Sorry I was inactive due to a stomach infection.
« Reply #37 on: June 09 2006, 10:51 am »
neat!
I tried to make something from a Japanese origami book, but I was only looking at the pictures.
It was like 3 am. I gave up. (i later found out it was supposed to be an origami girls' day doll)
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline minty

• New Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 14 2006, 05:59 am »
The thing I find about origami diagrams is that, sometimes it's really hard to follow the instructions because the diagrams are not 3D and like Quatre said, once you mess up one step, the whole thing goes wrong. I had this diagram showing the instruction to fold a lily and it took me sooooooooo long to figure out how to do it but I can finally do it now!! :D

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #39 on: June 15 2006, 01:14 pm »
I've been to Hiroshima and seen the statue of Sadako. There are thousands, porbably millions of crans all over the peace park there. People make chains and send them from all over the world and put them up. I will scan the photos I took there later. They're so pretty but at the same time its so depressing.

I can do cranes, stars and frogs. My host sister bought me some paper when I was over there. So here's my crane chain in my room