14 (35.9%)
Sailor Moon anime (dubbed)
8 (20.5%)
Sera-Myu
2 (5.1%)
PGSM
8 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

AuthorTopic: Fav version of Sailor Moon  (Read 7672 times)

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
Re: Fav version of Sailor Moon
« Reply #20 on: July 19 2005, 12:16 pm »
I finally saw Stars last month and was blown away! A completely different feel than the other seasons! However PGSM is the best. The actress for Mars was spot on and that main character's death in the second half was carried out REALLY well. Also love the last ep... not the special act though and loved act 0.  :noteworthy:
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #21 on: July 22 2005, 10:50 am »
erm.. i first read Sailor Moon manga way back in 1996! and after that i saw the anime.. i think i like the anime better...

btw, what is Sera-Myu and PGSM.. i didnt know Sailor Moon has so many versions?

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Moon

• Ninja!Princess
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #22 on: August 01 2005, 11:30 am »
I really need to see the original verison of Sailor Moon. ;--; I've been watching Sailor Moon AMVs and, I'm surprised to see them.. dying?! Oooh, I'm so confused! @@; I've only seen like, some episodes when it aired on Cartoon Network and the movies.. but thats it. Maybe I could find a place to buy it online for cheap, 'cuz anywhere else would be expensive.
Icon made by animeneko_chan @ lj.com

Forum Family

Fai and Zeldi are my cousins.
Sayora Chan is my onee-chan.
KuroPuppy and Tooya_Mizuki are my Onii-chans.
aishiteru is my Imoto-chan
suu_no_clover is my  Imoto-chan/Yin.
Lexi is my cat.

Offline Sayora Chan

• Great Fan
  • Fai-A-Holic
« Reply #23 on: September 10 2005, 05:04 am »
Unfortunately I watched englishs subs of this my whole life, so when I found the manga it wasn't very appealing.   :(

Avatar by Okamirei!! So Many thanks to her!  Sig is my first attempt, but it's really growing on me. ^_^
Forum Family:
Dragonia - Imoto-Chan, moonprincess18 - Imoto-Chan
moezy-chan - Onee-San, KawaiiHana - Itoko
KuroPuppy  - Onii-San, Tooya_Mizuki - Onii-San
Zeldi - Imoto-Chan, Starfire - Imoto-Chan
Okamirei - Imoto-Chan, Ralea - Imoto-Chan
OniiChanTouya-Itoko, princess_kakurine - Imoto-Chan, Moon Hime - Imoto Chan

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #24 on: September 12 2005, 03:03 pm »
i will have to choose subbed
cuz i saw the dubbed version is spanish and english but they change everything! is not the samy
but if u see the dubbed version they don't change the meanig of what they said
believe me i have compare sub and dub and i preffer sub they don't change what they are really saying :)

by the way my favorite season on sailor moon is the one with the Sailor  Stars

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline Mizumi

• New Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 27 2005, 03:47 am »
I chose the manga... I mostly do, 'cause it's the way Naoko Takeuchi meant it to be ^_^  I think it's both the style and the story that makes me say that. To my opinion, the anime is a bit more childish (which is logical, because if they'd have stuck to the manga, it should have been 18+ or something, all those deaths)... Although Chibi Chibi's cuter in the anime than she is in the manga.  I didn't choose PGSM because, although it has it's charms, there are just too many things I would have liked to see different. Like Luna being a stuffed toy, that Sailor Luna stuff and all that... And I never saw Sailor Myu so...
Manga! <3
~Hitsuzen~

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
« Reply #26 on: October 28 2005, 03:43 am »
I like PGSM and Sera Myu the best because I love to watch real people act in a show or on stage.
I do like the Anime and Manga, but I totally hate the dub because of the voices that I can't stand and also the editted parts.
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #27 on: November 10 2005, 10:15 pm »
the dubbed version,its the only one i've ever seen and it was pretty good but
the subbed version is better from what i've heard.
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Starmy

« Reply #28 on: November 11 2005, 04:56 pm »
Yeah I love the ultra disturbing Sailor Stars. The direction is great fun, and that story is just plain bizzare. Even
for a magical girl series. "Chibi" "Chibi"

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #29 on: November 11 2005, 05:12 pm »
I voted for subbed! I'd have to say the Japanese voices are more pleasant to hear. ^_^

I don't know about my favorite season though. I'd say Sailor Moon S, but that's only because it's the only whole season I've seen on DVD. But I liked how all the main senshi make an appearance. I've never seen ANY Stars episodes, but I've read lots of summaries. Is it really disturbing? ^^; And I also really want to see PGSM. >.<

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #30 on: December 01 2005, 07:18 am »
PGSM is awesome and horrible at the same time. I absolutely adore some of the new takes they took on the storyline, but I really did think the whole Luna-and-Artemis-are-plushies-and-then-Luna-turns-into-an-eight-year-old was really bad (Jeez, will they decide on an age for her? In the original, she was about Usagi's age, and in the dubbed they made her an English nanny, and now an eight-year-old?), and the show was always pimping the cheap-o toys made for ten-year olds that were being released with the show. Oh, yeah, and PGSM actually made me -like- Motoki (a.k.a. Andrew in the English dubb). I haven't liked that character in years, because he was just way too boring so often, but giving him a turtle fetish and a quirky, adorable personality totally made me love him. So, I'd have to say PGSM is actually my fav currently, even though I always have and always will love both the original manga and anime.

I will always hate the dubbed. It sends shivers up my spine just hearing some of the voice actors on the show. And, of course, the made the absolute cutest and hottest girl/girl couplings ever- Haruka/Michiru- and made them 'cousins'. Gag, even if it was fodder for lots of 'kissing cousins' jokes.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #31 on: December 01 2005, 03:45 pm »
Manga, period.

Where can you find way too much action? It's in there.

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Sabrina

• Big Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 02 2005, 04:56 pm »
When I get anime/manga-fan my first serie were SailorMoon :) and I have been webmistress in my finnish SM-sites over 2 years...my love to SM-serie is endles...hehehe..
Well I like manga the most better than anything else (my first manga-books were SailorMoon books :P)
Anime is good...but little bit childish ^.^; (manga were to teenagers)...I like subs more than dups (I hate dups >D)
Sera Myu musicals are good, I like musics because I haven't sene any musicals ^.^;
PGSM....what I could say this serie...well, this is good because it's modern version! plus for that. but anyway I didn't like PGSM-serie...(those plushie Luna & Artemis...huh)
Life is out of here....

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #33 on: December 03 2005, 12:06 am »
I like the manga version more than the anime version.  I haven't watch the live action version and the musical version so i can't give comments or compare them with anime or manga. 
I like the manga because I am a big fan of Naoko's Takeuchi's work and i also enjoy reading  its side stories.  The story itself is very touching and a lot of humor too. 
Although i also like the anime version, i remember that i even recorded  the series in vhs tapes, however dub in local language.  I think anime is meant for children and the manga is for teenagers.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #34 on: December 03 2005, 02:54 pm »
I've never seen ANY Stars episodes, but I've read lots of summaries. Is it really disturbing? ^^; And I also really want to see PGSM. >.<
Stars isn't disturbing at all! Once you get over the fact that the Starlights change genders during transformation, its the best season of all, in my opinion. The villains are pretty cute and funny, the ending is a 6-episode tearjerker, and all the relationship dynamics between the Starlights and Solar Senshi make it pretty interesting.

Um... I'm the person who voted for Seramyu up there. ^_^ Because the myus need more love. They're just so adorably cheesy and cool at times, and I have a thing for stage plays and musicals.

I've never really liked the manga. Granted, I've read a little more than half of it in pieces, but I never cared for the artwork, although the story has its good points.

With PGSM, I ditto everything LadyUltima said. It was cool in its own way, but also annoying. I really like a lot of the character development that they had, but..... Sailor Luna? What on earth were they smoking? o__O;;

Offline Meza

• New Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 12 2005, 12:15 am »
I'll go for manga version.

Like for Sabrina, it was my very first manga series. I did like anime too, as it was my first anime after Pokémons and other child stuff.  Nowadays I think anime as too childish, but I still love my manga collection of sailors. And I have taken it as serious hobby  to collect as many of them as possible. Currently I have something like 26-30 books, there's english ones and japanese ones. But I still lack Tokyopop's 'Supers vol 2', aww.

I haven't seen all episodes of anime, but those I have seen, have been japanese ones. PLUS two first seasons in Swedish, argh that was pain. I wish I had never seen them. I have always showed interested in beginnings and endings of seasons 'cause stuff between them are mostly just now interesting (monster-of-the-week stuff is killing me). When I was in my total moonie mode, I had read summaries, animecomics and everything 'bout anime - and I'm surprised how I _still_ can know so much about episodes I never truely saw.  I ONCE saw episode from super season with English dub. Damn I laugh so much while watchin' it. I have to say, I liked even that Swedish dub better. ^^;

Oh, and what comes to the other formats,  well.. I have seen few PGSM episodes, but they didn't really amuse meh ^^;  And musicals, ah, I have always showed some interested in them, but never seen any full ones, only clips.