AuthorTopic: The Post Thread IX (AKA The Meaningless Thread)  (Read 290246 times)

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: The Post Thread IX (AKA The Meaningless Thread)
« Reply #680 on: June 17 2006, 04:02 am »
VexNet - Think he's gonna get a movie deal?
I have lots of faith it will be done. DeadPool is such a good character.

well I know it's been brought up. Avi Arad actually called Ryan Reynolds into his office (after Ryan had done Blade Trinity) and Avi told Ryan that he wants him to play Deadpool.

He's been talking about possibly starring as Deadpool, and now Ryan Reynolds says Marvel has approached him as well. Bloody-Disgusting reports:

So what's coming up for Ryan in the genre, we could be seeing another comic book movie. "Avi Arad called me into his office after we were done shooting and said 'Ryan I want you to play DeadPool, you've got to do DeadPool, I don't know how we'll do it but we'll do it." Not to mention the Nightstalkers spin off movie. "New Line sees it as a new franchise for them, there's alot of interesting characters in there like the Midnight Sons and all these other guys who are really interesting and they see it as something they can mine out this new franchise. David and I talked about doing the story together, he doesn't need any help from me but I defiantly hope to collaborate with him on that. But at this point it's such conjecture, it's something we're not even thinking about."

and he is planning to be the FLASH!!

The Amityville Horror and Blade: Trinity star Ryan Reynolds said today in Los Angeles that he will star as The Flash if the project goes ahead.

Not only did he say he would love to play Deadpool, but he confirmed that he had a meeting the previous night with David Goyer, and if Warner Bros. green lights his script, he said, "I am the Flash."

A quick survey from a topic on Gamefaqs about "If Anime/Manga characters are allowed in Super Smash Brothers Brawl..."

CCS (Sakura herself) is a pretty popular choice over there.
and to be honest, I can TOTALLY see Sakura fitting into the SSB universe very well. her cartoonish look would fit in too and so would all her attacks :3
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #681 on: June 17 2006, 04:22 am »
Yeah, I have also read about Deadpool in the upcoming movies of Marvel along with
Iron Man.Why the heck does marvel make good movies while DC makes crappy movies?
(especially the upcoming one)
You shouldn't make such naive one-sided statements.
I take it you've never seen the Superman or Batman movies. Because they were all awesome.
And the complete list of upcoming movies for both MARVEL and DC is just amazing.

RIPOSTE
You say The new upcoming (I take it you mean Superman Returns) movie looks rubbish, you DO know it's directed by the same guy who did X-Men 1 and 2 right? that alone would make Superman Returns AS good if not better than X1 and 2. your statement makes no sense because of that.

ADDON RIPOSTE
and If you've even bothered to look into the new Superman movie, I know everyone else would agree with me, with that it looks phenominal. I've been keeping track with all of Bryan Singer's Video Journals and behind the scenes shots.
It's coming along very well, The ONLY bad thing I see is that America gets it June 30th and UK gets it July 17th. that's plain out of order. I hate this country sometimes. We better get a bonus scene that Americans don't get or something, geeze.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #682 on: June 17 2006, 05:18 am »
Don't get me wrong,it's not that I hate DC or Superman,and I like Batman movies,it just feels like marvel movies are still better than the dc ones.And Superman's upcoming movie just feels like it has the old-movie based feeling.If the crappy-word ticked you,sorry.So calm down,okay.
Anyway,how about a new topic?
nah, and calm down what? I was merely pointing out that you shouldn't jump to conclusions like you did.
but It's supposed to have the old movie feel. it's a sequal to Superman I and parts of II (it ignores III and IV)

I think you mean Marvel is better because Marvel has released more recent movies with better special effects and DC havn't released any movies (except for the new Batman Begins) in a good few years while Marvel has. You feel as if because DC has been out of the loop they have lost thier touch.

and don't tell the Vex to Calm Down...
Or he'll hire DeadPool to assasinate you...

..lol

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #683 on: June 17 2006, 05:44 am »
Fine,don't calm down,and please tell me how come it ignored 3 and 4.I'm very sorry if you feel that way and lets move on before this gets worse.
eh? I was joking :P And I can't calm down because I never got high or anything. Don't be so serious, you know DeadPool isn't real, don't worry so much kay!

I think it ignores III and IV because of events that happen that would make Superman Returns continuity difficult so It just ignores them. There was another film doing that too but I forget what one.. I should ponder...

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #684 on: June 17 2006, 10:16 am »
VexNet - Hehehe, can Sakura go up against the likes of Mario, Samus and Link?

I think she has a good chance. I can think up of a moveset for her to say the least.

Other choices are the SDBZ guys (expected) and Kenshin (pretty easy to make up a moveset).

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
Re: The Post Thread IX (AKA The Meaningless Thread
« Reply #685 on: June 17 2006, 01:56 pm »
VexNet - Hehehe, can Sakura go up against the likes of Mario, Samus and Link?

I think she has a good chance. I can think up of a moveset for her to say the least.

Other choices are the SDBZ guys (expected) and Kenshin (pretty easy to make up a moveset).
o.0 a CCS rpg? Dunno... if the rpg will really follow the storyline... o.0 no comment... it might be a good idea to make a new storyline... and it's really easy to make her moveset. (clow cards XD)

Forum pet - kudan(platypus) :lol: Little sister - xOLight_AngelOx

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #686 on: June 17 2006, 03:37 pm »
Firey - SSBB is a fighting game. Sakura fits well but her movelist is a problem since she has too many moves to count.

And thinking up of her Super Move is harder.

click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #687 on: June 17 2006, 04:18 pm »
It seems like I missed so much here. Hmm...

Firey - SSBB is a fighting game. Sakura fits well but her movelist is a problem since she has too many moves to count.

Well, they CAN pick out her most basic moves, and they won't have to necessarily show her whipping out the cards. A Super Move would probably have her sealing her opponent in a card XD. And if all else fails, you can always bring in Syaoran XD XD XD.

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #688 on: June 17 2006, 04:24 pm »
Let me test out a moveset for her.

Though, sadly she's going to get eaten alive by the likes of Link and Kirby but that's expected.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #689 on: June 17 2006, 10:47 pm »
I'm not sure about her beating them but she has lots of similar cards that have same abilities to what those characters have.
Plus she would just look So Cute while fighting, there would be constant pauses to move the camera around her and see what pose she's in now...

maybe her super move could be like a longevity type move where it powers her up temporarily
say she fights normally with clow cards but then her supermove powers her up to star cards then that wears off back to clow cards again, ne?

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #690 on: June 17 2006, 10:53 pm »
Mine is different.

Super Smash - Sakura throws all of her Clow Cards in the air, all cards activate and spreads it's effect over the whole stage for two seconds AKA the Global Clow Flash Attack.

It has a weakness though, she takes double damage if she gets hit.

Her Smash Value is Low->Medium since she lacks power.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #691 on: June 18 2006, 07:58 am »
ah they sound a lot better than mine XD

Does anyone have a bittorrent of the Super Mario Brothers Live Action Movie?
I can't find any...

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #692 on: June 18 2006, 10:03 am »
Sorry vex. I don't have the super mario brothers live action movie. I didn't even know that there was one. But try limewire, or one of those programs, it might help.

I just had chocolate icecream. It wasn't my favorite brand, but its icecream.
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #693 on: June 18 2006, 10:47 am »
Yay! More Sakura reccomendations on the topic.

Ashlee - Let's just Do The Mario instead!

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
« Reply #694 on: June 18 2006, 10:49 am »
wow... neopets.... I just wish they'd convert it into a cute 3d based online game rather than use a website to play. Reason: For more interaction between users as well as competitiveness with WoW/Guild Wars/Ragnarok and other online games.... o.0

Forum pet - kudan(platypus) :lol: Little sister - xOLight_AngelOx

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #695 on: June 18 2006, 11:01 am »
Not gonna happen Firey. I can't explain why.

Show the nay sayers Sakura! Smack them out of the arena!

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #696 on: June 18 2006, 02:17 pm »
Well, they CAN pick out her most basic moves, and they won't have to necessarily show her whipping out the cards. A Super Move would probably have her sealing her opponent in a card XD. And if all else fails, you can always bring in Syaoran XD XD XD.

i think Syaoran would be a better choice for SSBB than Sakura, since he's a swordfighter and knows martial arts and stuff and Sakura......i don't really see her going all martial arts or something (she could use her staff as a hammer or something tough)

i've always been curious who would win in a fight, Syaoran or Link?
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #697 on: June 18 2006, 02:26 pm »
Link fans = Link

Syaoran fans = Syaoran

It's a tie!

He fits well, but he doesn't have move potential unlike Sakura. If Syaoran fights like Marth (the top tier character in SSBM) it's another story.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #698 on: June 18 2006, 02:41 pm »
Link fans = Link

Syaoran fans = Syaoran

It's a tie!

He fits well, but he doesn't have move potential unlike Sakura. If Syaoran fights like Marth (the top tier character in SSBM) it's another story.

Syaoran will probably be in between Marth and Roy in terms of speed and strength, i'm thinking his normal moves will be either martial arts moves or sword moves, his special moves will be magic and his super move will probably be something like using Time Card (yeah i know Syaoran no longer has the card but use your imagination) to freeze the opponents for a few seconds.

but i'm a Syaoran fan and Link fan and the score will be something like this:

- Syaoran and Link both are swordfighters......one point for both
- Syaoran's magic is stronger than Link's.....one point for Syaoran
- Link has got a big arsenal off weapons unlike Syaoran.....one point for Link
- Syaoran is better in martial arts than Link (Link does know martial arts in  Soul Calibur, the kicking attacks, but it's kinda worthless).....one point for Syaoran
- Link is older and more experienced in fighting.....one point for Link

3-3 is the score....it's a tie.
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #699 on: June 18 2006, 02:58 pm »
It's funny when Pikachu beats the crap out of Syaoran and Sakura in for the save!

Tomoyo should be on the arena, video camera on hand.

Any ideas for Syaoran's Super Smash Move?

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!