AuthorTopic: The Post Thread IX (AKA The Meaningless Thread)  (Read 313954 times)

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
Re: The Post Thread IX (AKA The Meaningless Thread)
« Reply #280 on: May 20 2006, 08:19 pm »
Actually, the scoring system is a combination of critic and fan votings.

Around 60% Fans

40% Critics (which includes me)

Points are scored by positive reviews, minus for negative. The formula is a bit complicated (I have to use a calculator!)

Naruto and TRC pulled in fourth and fifth place because of the huge Fan vote factor (the two got the highest points fan-wise), but can't match the high critic praise for the Top 3.

Though right now there are talks of removing the Gold Award for TRC...

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
Re: The Post Thread IX (AKA The Meaningless Thread
« Reply #281 on: May 20 2006, 09:14 pm »
hehe... good thing the fan vote factor kept TRC and Naruto on teh 4th and 5th place....

But What i don't understand is why score of critics are important as well, as in, the judges would have used 70/30 just to be a bit more democratic and pro-fan based... Besides, what the critics say are just mere opinion, I don't think it will have any effect on what the fans will say about the anime... (No harm intended, Robin-Sama, just saying my views ^_^;;)

Forum pet - kudan(platypus) :lol: Little sister - xOLight_AngelOx

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #282 on: May 20 2006, 09:27 pm »
Elysia Silvermoon - Well we tried going 30/70. Unfortunately it got abused (resulting in a huge mess up during the 2002-2003 votings.).

Kidou Gundam Seed won by a huge landslide in 2002, and X in 2003. Even the fans say the thing was too unbalanced.

Since we change voting rules every year, I think I'm going for 35/65.

click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #283 on: May 20 2006, 10:56 pm »
Actually, the scoring system is a combination of critic and fan votings.

Around 60% Fans

40% Critics (which includes me)

Points are scored by positive reviews, minus for negative. The formula is a bit complicated (I have to use a calculator!)

Naruto and TRC pulled in fourth and fifth place because of the huge Fan vote factor (the two got the highest points fan-wise), but can't match the high critic praise for the Top 3.

Though right now there are talks of removing the Gold Award for TRC...
so is this official or unofficial?
where are these results from?
Are they fan voted or officially voted (i.e magazine or acual awards show)
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #284 on: May 20 2006, 11:01 pm »
Unofficial of course! (though what are you reffering as official, I think you mean the magazine reports?)

Come on, you're talking about ordinary anime fans (like me) forming a community that extends beyond the forum.

It's fun to brainstorm on reviews (and wage war if you need to) with different views.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #285 on: May 21 2006, 05:29 am »
Unofficial of course! (though what are you reffering as official, I think you mean the magazine reports?)

Come on, you're talking about ordinary anime fans (like me) forming a community that extends beyond the forum.

It's fun to brainstorm on reviews (and wage war if you need to) with different views.
ah, You were just unclear on where this poll even was, for all I knew it could of been real awards somewhere.
It's still cool having your own anime votingness tho, Good to see you've got a big forum going :P

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #286 on: May 21 2006, 10:34 pm »
Well it's tough to maintain one. Flame wars can start anytime.

But the joy of discussions rule them.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted for any insults and reports I can read.

Right now I'm searching for more screenshots for my cards.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #287 on: May 22 2006, 12:46 am »
Well it's tough to maintain one. Flame wars can start anytime.

But the joy of discussions rule them.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted for any insults and reports I can read.

Right now I'm searching for more screenshots for my cards.
It would be so awesome if you could go in production with your cards, I bet you'd make a lot of money from it all :D

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
« Reply #288 on: May 22 2006, 11:30 am »
Has anyone know when X-men 3 is gonna be released? I missed the trailers....T.T

Offline Cherry-chan

• Glomping, swooning, stalking, kidnapping, he's been through it all - My Syaoran <3
  • "A True Fan"
  • Syaoran! Where!?
« Reply #289 on: May 22 2006, 11:36 am »
It's to be released this Friday. I can't wait to see it! ^^
Live life. And love Syaoran. - Cherry-chan
I miss you all, it's unfortunate that I haven't been frequenting this site anymore, but I will keep you all very dear in my heart
I'll try to visit as much as I can.

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
« Reply #290 on: May 22 2006, 11:46 am »
can't wait until magneto pwns everything =P and teh mutants will have to fight each other... 0.o

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #291 on: May 22 2006, 12:41 pm »
VexNet - Nah. It's just a hobby.

Ah, X3. I wonder if it becomes the summer hit.

More cards, more ideas!

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #292 on: May 22 2006, 06:11 pm »
I wish I lived in London, this thursday at  7pm they are playing X-Men, X2 and X-Men Last Stand, one after another. All Three films!! I entered a competition to see them like that but I never win those ;_;

I am going to book the Thursday late night showing tho, It's playing on Thursday at 00:00. So technically it would be Friday when it plays.

I used to be one of those obsessed X-Men geeks, But the comics for the X-Men lately have been dissapointing so I've stopped reading, My fav comic roll must be between 1995 and 2003. I think it peaked during those times. Chris Claremont certainly made a name in my book, especially by creating some of my fav characters: Rogue, Gambit, Shadowcat, Phoenix, Sabretooth, Mystique, Emma Frost, Mr Sinister and Rachel Summers.

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
« Reply #293 on: May 22 2006, 06:20 pm »
Well, english comics and japanese manga have a lot in common, but nowadays, japanese manga are now beating english comics because of their unique storylines and unorthodoxed style of drawing (most notably visible in the way the japanese draw the eyes, the cool backgrounds and sometimes in what colors they use...) me thinks that's one of the reasons why the comics are now starting to decline.... 0.o

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #294 on: May 22 2006, 07:46 pm »
DC comics have a habit of just 'resetting' their storylines with an event called Inifinite Crisis.
I Can understand why Marvel has sort of lost me, because the characters in the Marvelverse actually grow up, I know them best during the years (1990-)1998 - 2003 where I mainly read them so I'm into that type of story telling and how the characters were at that particular time. Like I can't get used to knowing Scott cheated on Jean with Emma Frost, I always imagined Scott and Jean being together but because she had died and hadn't been brought back to life yet, Scott had found comfot with intimate telapthy routines with The White Witch (Emma Frost). And When Gambit turned Blind or when Rogue and Him lost thier powers. It's just not what it used to be, One of my favorite sagas is when Gambit was put on trial by Eric the Red (Magneto) and Rogue discovered Gambit's past about how he had slaughtered all those children but as his conscous kicked in he saved on child (who would later grow up to be the mutant Marrow).
I never got into the Ultimates. I've started to read some Batman Legends stories (I think the one I'm currently reading is about a War where the Batfamily (Catwoman, Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing and Batman) have to save Spoiler (the fourth robin, a female) It's really good so far. Also I'm reading some Deadpool comics that are just really funny! "LOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO-SEERRRRRSSS" Deadpool to the badguys.
I especially don't like Spiderman's new costume, Gold and red? NO... I prefer Blue and Red.
Actually If I'm honest my fav Spiderman outfit is actually both the cloned Ben Reilly Spiderman costumes, one of which was called Scarlet Spiderman. He had a much more simple look but It really stood out to me. I also liked the Amazing Bag-Man outfit, that was a funny story arc.

Offline mia-chan

• Good Fan
  • S+S forever until Syaoran meets me!
« Reply #295 on: May 22 2006, 07:53 pm »
DC comics have a habit of just 'resetting' their storylines with an event called Inifinite Crisis.
I Can understand why Marvel has sort of lost me, because the characters in the Marvelverse actually grow up, I know them best during the years (1990-)1998 - 2003 where I mainly read them so I'm into that type of story telling and how the characters were at that particular time. Like I can't get used to knowing Scott cheated on Jean with Emma Frost, I always imagined Scott and Jean being together but because she had died and hadn't been brought back to life yet, Scott had found comfot with intimate telapthy routines with The White Witch (Emma Frost). And When Gambit turned Blind or when Rogue and Him lost thier powers. It's just not what it used to be, One of my favorite sagas is when Gambit was put on trial by Eric the Red (Magneto) and Rogue discovered Gambit's past about how he had slaughtered all those children but as his conscous kicked in he saved on child (who would later grow up to be the mutant Marrow).
I never got into the Ultimates. I've started to read some Batman Legends stories (I think the one I'm currently reading is about a War where the Batfamily (Catwoman, Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing and Batman) have to save Spoiler (the fourth robin, a female) It's really good so far. Also I'm reading some Deadpool comics that are just really funny! "LOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO-SEERRRRRSSS" Deadpool to the badguys.
I especially don't like Spiderman's new costume, Gold and red? NO... I prefer Blue and Red.
Actually If I'm honest my fav Spiderman outfit is actually both the cloned Ben Reilly Spiderman costumes, one of which was called Scarlet Spiderman. He had a much more simple look but It really stood out to me. I also liked the Amazing Bag-Man outfit, that was a funny story arc.

Wow you're really into your comics! I'm going to see X3 at the weekend with my big brother, it's his fault that I'm into all these guy things like computer games and comics and manga! I can't wait, hope it's as good as the first two.

The Blushing Couple!

My Forum Family
Oneesan - Cherry-chan

If anyone wants to make me a proper signature and avatar, you're more than welcome. Hint hint! (just PM me)

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #296 on: May 22 2006, 08:00 pm »
meh, I only know what I like, Ask me whats going on in The Avengers and I wouldn't have the foggiest.
Also more girls should get into them :D It would be so awesome if I knew a girl around here who liked it all  :sweatdrop:

X-Men 3 looks good but I'm much more looking forward to Superman Returns. that looks so totally awesome *counts down till June 30th*
and I hear they are going into negotiations about making a DEADPOOL movie!! They even said RYAN REYNOLDS  might be up for the main part of Deadpool, that alone makes me really excited, I love dead and I love Reynolds, woo.
I'm going to see his movie tommorow Waiting... I saw it on Friday too but I have a buy one get one free Ticket so I'm taking my dad to see it tommorow. Also later today I'm going to see Prime (or I'm going to try to see it)

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #297 on: May 23 2006, 09:29 am »
meh, I only know what I like, Ask me whats going on in The Avengers and I wouldn't have the foggiest.
Also more girls should get into them :D It would be so awesome if I knew a girl around here who liked it all :sweatdrop:

X-Men 3 looks good but I'm much more looking forward to Superman Returns. that looks so totally awesome *counts down till June 30th*
and I hear they are going into negotiations about making a DEADPOOL movie!! They even said RYAN REYNOLDS  might be up for the main part of Deadpool, that alone makes me really excited, I love dead and I love Reynolds, woo.
I'm going to see his movie tommorow Waiting... I saw it on Friday too but I have a buy one get one free Ticket so I'm taking my dad to see it tommorow. Also later today I'm going to see Prime (or I'm going to try to see it)
I want to see X-men 3, and the superman. I never heard of Reynolds? Also, I herd Prime was good. I went to the movies a couple of days ago. I watch RV, and Mission Impossible 3. It wasn't that man. I didn't like RV that much though. I thought it would be a bit funnier.
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #298 on: May 23 2006, 10:19 am »
Ryan Reynolds, One of my current fav actors, Just today I bought National Lampoon's Van Wilder's Party Liason. Ryan stars as the man himself Van Wilder.

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #299 on: May 24 2006, 12:34 pm »
Hmm... only a few more days to decide if X Men 3 is a box office smash.

I wonder what's the next movie to watch.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!