CLAMP's Famous Works > Season 2

[TRC Arc 2] Episode 6: A Date with a Sorcerer

<< < (17/20) > >>

Mizumi:
I totally agree with dark_persian above! The storyline is... eh.
I just watched the episode with subtitles and what can I say... it's a complete chobits-flashback, but then with Fai instead of Hideki. Teaching Chii words, taking her out, the chemistry, problems ahead, Chii losing her memory... It annoyed me every second. I'll admit it, the art was beautiful, but the story was... ugh. Almost as if this was a promotion episode for the Tsubasa-readers that don't know Chobits. They've made a stap too far indeed by suggesting that something more is going on between Fai and Chii. Come on, we don't know, Chii never appeared again after chapter 2! They can't know, unless CLAMP told BeeTrain the entire story, but I doubt that. (Episode 30 looked awefully lot like a correction of episode 26).
Really. It was a Chobits-flashback, entirely - I almost started to miss Zima, Dita and my cute pink Atashi. Sigh. I'm glad they're getting back to the real story next episode. Only positive thing I can say is, the art was great in this episode, but further...
Sorry, I'm just disappointed.

Jeannette:
I've yet to finish reading Chobits, but I've heard so many people say this is so much like Chobits, so I believe it. Touya and Yuki were stuck in this episode in an attempt to avoid an uprising among the fans they had to know would hate this episode. "See, see? We're not REALLY trying to ignore Fai's blatant gayness. We swear. Here's an ambiguously portrayed gay couple. Pleasedon'tkillusweswearwewon'tdoitagain." Anywho. I thought that those of us who don't have a livejournal might like to read a parody screen capping of this episode, to be found here.

dark_persian:
It was just a sickenly blatent attempt to leech off of the sucess of Chobits. If I spoke any Japanese I would have written a strongly worded email to BEE TRAIN asking them to actually READ the manga and stop trying to make up their own fanficesk-episodes.

As has already been show with episode 26 and 30, they can't even keep their own plot-hole-filled stories straight. Now with this episode, by attempting to be clever and write big, plot-impacting stories themselves they've boxed themselves into a corner that they're going to find it very difficult to get themselves out of when CLAMP finally does write the end of the story and reveal Fai's past.

My personal opinion on Tsubasa Chii is that she was created to be Fai's magical assistant. As we saw in the Outo arc, he asks Sakura to help run the shop with him and help him out with the cooking. He then tells Sakura that to him cooking and baking is much like the creating of spells and magical artifacts. So, my theory is that he was asking Sakura to be his assistant in replacement of Chii - every magican needs an assistant. :)

Sailor Yue-chan:

--- Quote from: dark_persian on June 20 2006, 05:26 am ---It was just a sickenly blatent attempt to leech off of the sucess of Chobits. If I spoke any Japanese I would have written a strongly worded email to BEE TRAIN asking them to actually READ the manga and stop trying to make up their own fanficesk-episodes.

--- End quote ---
thats what it seemed like. an animated fanfic :S, tho im sure i could have come up with soemthing better, reuniting between fai and chii :S

Emiko:
Maybe it's because I've never liked "cutesy" relationships, but I did NOT get romantic vibes from this episode. Even when Chi kept saying things about how she wanted to run away with Fai, I STILL could not think of them as a couple. The whole thing felt very brother/sisterly, which is the absolute most the Fai/Chi relationship can be for me.

This episode has just further increased the feeling of lifelessness the anime seems to have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version