AuthorTopic: Chapter 119  (Read 36501 times)

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
Re: Chapter 119
« Reply #60 on: June 16 2006, 03:17 am »
TRC Manga is going to be longer then X/1999, which is at Manga 19, as said by CLAMP, so good guess it will hopefully be manga 25, I'm wishing for more, but wow, this chapter.......Will we be hitten CCS World in the near future I wonder?
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #61 on: June 16 2006, 03:17 am »
Okay, I'm not going to flame you, because that would be lame, but I will say that I think this is uncalled for. There were maybe five comments asking about why Fai didn't get involved, and not all of them from the big KuroFai fans. Plus, I think it's a perfectly valid question to ask why Fai didn't try to do anything. He was right there. Yes, this is Syaoran's chapitre, and I have no problem with that. It's an awesome chapitre, it really is, and everyone here knows I'm not a big Syaoran fan. I don't know, perhaps some other fans were complaining about it somwhere else more than they were here and it got under your skin. But this is the second time I've seen you say something like this on the board, and it bothers me. Anywho.

A nice lady on livejournal has done a VERY tentative translation, so if anyone wants it while we are waiting for Pikari's translation, here it is.

I don't see why there should be a problem that anyone is mentioning Fai either, cos, you know, he was actually IN the chapter...

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #62 on: June 16 2006, 05:32 am »
@Xiao_Lang : Actually, most of your questions are answered by Pikari on the first page
hehe... thanks... My mind was so scrambled I didn't even notice *head desk*

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #63 on: June 16 2006, 06:14 am »
Translated. ^^

I wonder now, and I think someone mentioned it already... that perhaps "dark Syaoran taking over Syaoran's body" isn't that at all, but his "clone instincts" or whatever trying to take over. And that magic in his right eye that the real Syaoran gave him is a seal that was holding it back, only now it's starting to break? Who knows, everything doesn't quite add up yet.....

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #64 on: June 16 2006, 07:12 am »
Thanks for the translations, but there are few things that might need to be fixed..

Show content
This is minor but Yuuko says that the the seal on the right eye is "breaking"... as it is in process of being broken, rather than already broken completely. Same with FWR, he says the right eye's power is "disappearing".

skip to the part where FWR is explaining the clones....
pg 18 should be like this:
FWR: I tried to take out the right eye,
FWR: But as expected from one of Clow's bloodline,

FWR: If I try to take out the eye by stuffing it with magic,
FWR: The clone will break as well (along with the eye)

FWR: A clone that has same strength as the original
FWR: Is not something that can be created many times

FWR: Besides

FWR: Even if another's heart resides in him,
FWR: If the goal of gathering feathers is not changed, it did not matter.

FWR: That's why I released him that way

page19
FWR: Reading the time
FWR: reading the place

FWR: The clone goes to Clow Country (the rest of that bubble is very good... much better than what I would have come up with)

FWR:  Everything was going just as planned

pg 18 is the only one with somewhat major change... the rest are just minor stuff that can be ignored :P
Awesome job on translation ^_^ I was working on one too and yours was worded so much better than mine....

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 16 2006, 07:20 am »
good job mina-chan! I understand that better ^_ ^U

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #66 on: June 16 2006, 07:22 am »
Thank you Pikari-san, Mina-san for the translations :)

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 16 2006, 07:34 am »
demo, things said by FWR are confusing.
Show content
what does mean bloodline? a descendent?

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #68 on: June 16 2006, 07:36 am »
demo, things said by FWR are confusing.
Show content
what does mean bloodline? a descendent?

Yup, if you are of the same bloodline as someone, it means you are related.

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 16 2006, 07:41 am »
Yup, if you are of the same bloodline as someone, it means you are related.
OMG!! it means that Syaoran...
Show content
....he could be a cousin of Sakura!!! no,no,no!! It can't be true!! Clamp is killing me !

Offline Chibi

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #70 on: June 16 2006, 08:00 am »
Thanks for the translation!

Oh my God. This is such a good chapter!

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #71 on: June 16 2006, 08:35 am »
OMG!! it means that Syaoran...
Show content
....he could be a cousin of Sakura!!! no,no,no!! It can't be true!! Clamp is killing me !

Well, in CCS they were both descendants of Clow Reed as well.

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 16 2006, 08:40 am »
Well, in CCS they were both descendants of Clow Reed as well.
Mmmmm.....but...
Show content
in CCS Sakura had the magic of Clow, no bloodline like syaoran...I don't like incest, so I think Clamp should have a reason which clear this question.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #73 on: June 16 2006, 08:41 am »
thanks for the translations. now im even more confused by the clone deal T_T
gah. CLAMP is so evil
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Lulu

« Reply #74 on: June 16 2006, 09:26 am »
O__o Okay. I need some sleep. Tomorrow I'll re-read the entire thing. Too shocked to talk >__<

Thank you SO much for the translation, Pikari ^^ However, could you please translate the catch phrase at the end? I know they're not usually very important, but I'd like to know what it says, and those are always too difficult for my poor level of japanese ^^u

Show content
"さらされた陰謀と真実今そこに庄つた // 写身という名の紛い物は終焉を迎えるのか・・・" I understand something along the lines of "the conspiracy and the truth have been revealed", and then just some words here and there with the help of a dictionary... ushitsumi was a pain -_-u

Offline Chibikawa

• Good Fan
  • The clueless
« Reply #75 on: June 16 2006, 09:43 am »
Thanks Pikari-san and Mina-san.
Show content
I'm even more freaked than I was before! The right eye's magic is breaking? Does that mean eventually Syaoran will never be able to go back to normal again? And now I'm even more sure that it was Syaoran's "other will" that was taking him over all those other times. And Sakura's gotta get into action before "her precious person never returns."
I wonder what the real Syaoran plans to do with our Syaoran? Does he want to kill him, or co-exist with him?

-If only the sun could give light to those burnt out stars, even for only a moment, so that they can say good-bye.

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #76 on: June 16 2006, 10:06 am »
Show content
You know, I was wondering.... what if the real!Syaoran existe through the clone!Syaoran? real!Syaoran gave his heart to clone!Syaoran through the seal on the right eye. What if that meant all the things clone!Syaoran experienced, remembered, etc are actually all in real!Syaoran's mind? Like it's the clone!Syaoran's body, but real!Syaoran "inside". The real!Syaoran looks cold and evil-ish because he gave his heart (or "transfered") to the clone!Syaoran, leaving him heartless. But as the seal is breaking, real!Syaoran's body is slowly regaining back its heart and wants to get back all of it now that he is free. (and maybe he broke through the spell keeping him captive because the seal of right eye was breaking... giving him more strength as he regains his heart)

just a wild theory

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #77 on: June 16 2006, 11:08 am »
Thanks for the translations, but there are few things that might need to be fixed..

Show content
This is minor but Yuuko says that the the seal on the right eye is "breaking"... as it is in process of being broken, rather than already broken completely. Same with FWR, he says the right eye's power is "disappearing".

skip to the part where FWR is explaining the clones....
pg 18 should be like this:
FWR: I tried to take out the right eye,
FWR: But as expected from one of Clow's bloodline,

FWR: If I try to take out the eye by stuffing it with magic,
FWR: The clone will break as well (along with the eye)

FWR: A clone that has same strength as the original
FWR: Is not something that can be created many times

FWR: Besides

FWR: Even if another's heart resides in him,
FWR: If the goal of gathering feathers is not changed, it did not matter.

FWR: That's why I released him that way

page19
FWR: Reading the time
FWR: reading the place

FWR: The clone goes to Clow Country (the rest of that bubble is very good... much better than what I would have come up with)

FWR: Everything was going just as planned

pg 18 is the only one with somewhat major change... the rest are just minor stuff that can be ignored :P
Awesome job on translation ^_^ I was working on one too and yours was worded so much better than mine....
Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to go back over it when I get my computer with my dictionary back.. I was kind of winging it from memory in the computer lab with the second half. And I'm not quite sure where I read that other "tsukuru" kanji wrong. *kicks CLAMP for not using easy kanji* XD

Lulu: I'll get it translated eventually. Like I said, I didn't have my dictionary at the end, and those phrases *are* always a pain. I don't think it said much important though. o_O And 'utsushimi' is clone... or literally, something along the lines of 'imitation/copied body/person'... but clone is easier.. o_O

Hmm.. and your theory is something toward what I was thinking, Mina, although I hadn't thought about Syaoran actually sharing their memories and the consequences of that. I still wonder how much of his own heart the original Syaoran still has since it seems to imply he only copied/reflected it? Not completely gave it away.. and he still had the sense to break out and go to Yuuko to find his other self. And after all he went through, I'd say he has a right to be cold. o_O; Hmm.. but might be interesting to see when the two of them meet. I wonder if clone Syaoran will be able to revert back to his nice-guy self now.
« Last Edit: June 16 2006, 11:38 am by Pikari »

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #78 on: June 16 2006, 11:35 am »
Thankyou!

So every time we saw Syao-kun with his right eye blanked out was as he normaly is! Dark!Syao (need a new name now) wasnt controling him that time like everyone thought, its the opposite!, thats when is heart didnt have control.

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #79 on: June 16 2006, 11:39 am »
Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to go back over it when I get my computer with my dictionary back.. I was kind of winging it from memory in the computer lab with the second half. And I'm not quite sure where I read that other "tsukuru" kanji wrong. *kicks CLAMP for not using easy kanji* XD

Lulu: I'll get it translated eventually. Like I said, I didn't have my dictionary at the end, and those phrases *are* always a pain. I don't think it said much important though. o_O And 'utsushimi' is clone... or literally, something along the lines of 'imitation body/person'... but clone is easier.. o_O

Hmm.. and your theory is something toward what I was thinking, Mina, although I hadn't thought about Syaoran actually sharing their memories and the consequences of that. I still wonder how much of his own heart the original Syaoran still has since it seems to imply he only copied/reflected it? Not completely gave it away.. and he still had the sense to break out and go to Yuuko to find his other self. And after all he went through, I'd say he has a right to be cold. o_O; Hmm.. but might be interesting to see when the two of them meet. I wonder if clone Syaoran will be able to revert back to his nice-guy self now.

Yeah, I had to use dictionary for some words to make sure I understood it right.... good thing CLAMP put furigana for Tsubasa though... otherwise... o.O (xxxHolic is kinda hard for me to read becuase of lack of furigana... gah)

You are right, he does have the right to be cold....
Show content
When FWR starts talking about the "cloning" and you see the real!Syaoran struggling against the spell binding him, I felt so bad for him.... poor Syao :(

Because of this chapter, I can't look at "our" Syao without thinking that he's actually a clone.... CLAMP, we need more explanations!!