AuthorTopic: Chapter 120  (Read 138019 times)

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
Re: Chapter 120
« Reply #500 on: June 23 2006, 01:56 pm »
Well, in RG Veda
Show content
Taishakuten ate Ashura-ou's body to gain his power and knowledge,
so it's not completely implausible that CLAMP would have a character eat the source of another's power in order to absorb it... Also, in xxxHOLiC
Show content
the spider woman eats Watanuki's eye in order to become more powerful
The clone was created when real!Syaoran was still young. Therefore, immediately after the clone was made, they both looked the same age. Clone!Syaoran was then sent off to Clow where he looked like he was a kid, but in reality he had recently been created. Real!Syao was then sealed for all those years, and remained in an unchanging physical state, which is why throughout the time he is in the tube thingy, he looks like a kid. But I believe as soon as he escapes his physical appearance goes to what it should be. I think clone!Syao says at one point when he was having dreams about real!Syao that at first he saw him as small but now they look the same... I hope that made sense...

First of all, I'm not saying that it's impossible for clone!Syaoran to eat Fai's eye. I just think that isn't the way CLAMP would want it. It's my idea only. I'm not making everyone follow my idea. It's just a theory, as I said.

Secondly, your theory about the clone and the real Syaoran is a bit off. The real and clone look alike, in my opinion. Also, the real!Syaoran isn't in an unchanging state. He's still growing. To me, he doesn't look like a kid in the tube.

In reality, clones are suppose to grow the same time as humans do, but I don't know if CLAMP took this into consideration or not. With your theory, you're saying that at the same time they clone real!Syaoran, the clone was immediatelly that age right?
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Marumae

• "The goggles, they do nothing!" *flails*
« Reply #501 on: June 23 2006, 02:15 pm »
Hey! I'm not sure you read the post before me but I sort of explained the heart part. So let's go over it again! Ok...

So as talked about the ying-yang symbol thing, that the clone!Syaoran was holding and dropped and Fai picked it up and held it.

That's the heart of the real!Syaoran that was given to the clone!Syaoran. So basically the right eye is the heart.

It was about to disappear from the clone!Syaoran's body but Fai tried to save the 'heart' from disappearing with him magic. He didn't make the 'heart' go back into the clone!Syaoran but just come out infront of Syaoran. So he didn't lose or take it back.

I think I made no sense just now!

So of course when you make no sense I understand you perfectly :XD:. I think most of my confusion was just SHOCK at all that I saw, after meticulously going back through the entries on this topic I think I finally got the jist of what was going on. Thank you for the explanation though!  :noteworthy:

All righty, now a more coherent reaction to this.

:sad5: :surprised: :BangHead: :sad6:

There we go. *lol*

Seriously though, *do I still need to use a spoiler tag this far into the topic?*
Show content
what kind of ending for (whatshername) was that? My goodness, do you think he tried this same kind of plot with her and it didn't work (whatever happened she obviously didn't turn out like he wanted), so he tried this again with Syao. And Fye KNEW this, right from the beginning.  I imagined he was a powerful wizard, I wonder if he's along the same kind of power level as Yuuko from xxxHolic. To think I was happy he was playing a major role in this story,  Crimney clamp I didn't want THIS TO HAPPEN. Why couldn't you feature him making out with Kurogane? I would have died happy with that as a major feature for a chapter. I figured when Fye revealed his DEEP DARK SECRET it would concern Ashura, but I wonder if this what's been torturing him for the past few chapters. What a way to slap us in the face with AHAHAHA YDIDN'T SEE THAT COMING DID YA? Plot point Clamp

____________________________________________--
(Avatar made by Susuyo on Live Journal

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #502 on: June 23 2006, 02:19 pm »
So True, So True Marumae, Clamp loves to slap us with cliff hangers and never give us what we want
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #503 on: June 23 2006, 02:25 pm »

Seriously though, *do I still need to use a spoiler tag this far into the topic?*
]what kind of ending for (whatshername) was that? My goodness, do you think he tried this same kind of plot with her and it didn't work (whatever happened she obviously didn't turn out like he wanted), so he tried this again with Syao. And Fye KNEW this, right from the beginning.  I imagined he was a powerful wizard, I wonder if he's along the same kind of power level as Yuuko from xxxHolic. To think I was happy he was playing a major role in this story,  Crimney clamp I didn't want THIS TO HAPPEN. Why couldn't you feature him making out with Kurogane? I would have died happy with that as a major feature for a chapter. I figured when Fye revealed his DEEP DARK SECRET it would concern Ashura, but I wonder if this what's been torturing him for the past few chapters. What a way to slap us in the face with AHAHAHA YDIDN'T SEE THAT COMING DID YA? Plot point Clamp [

ugh at this point, spoilers arent needed unless their spoiling NON TRC (IE the RGVeda and holic spoilers)

as to fai's power, he IS pretty powerful. he needed a tato to control his magic, and he was able to cross dimensions by himself, AND he created a living being(Something, i think that was said in CCS, requires ALOT of power to do. )

as to kuro...im pretty sure in the next chapter well get a nice juicy(maybe fluffy) kurofai moment in their, however short. (they better. we NEED it so they can make up for mutilating fai's beutiful cerulean blue eyes :hmp:
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Marumae

• "The goggles, they do nothing!" *flails*
« Reply #504 on: June 23 2006, 02:31 pm »
ugh at this point, spoilers arent needed unless their spoiling NON TRC (IE the RGVeda and holic spoilers)

as to fai's power, he IS pretty powerful. he needed a tato to control his magic, and he was able to cross dimensions by himself, AND he created something (Something, i think that was said in CCS, requires ALOT of power to do. )

as to kuro...im pretty sure in the next chapter well get a nice juicy(maybe fluffy) kurofai moment in their, however short. (they better. we NEED it so they can make up for mutilating fai's beutiful cerulean blue eyes :hmp:

Just making sure  :heh: (on the spoiler tag).

I agree, sometime in the next chapter or the one after that we'll get some emotional Kuro angst, maybe he really will offer his eye (or part of his vision or whatever) to Fye and do as someone said earlier and give him one red eye one blue eye. Some twisted part of me thinks that'll look REALLY COOL but really coolness factor does not merit FYE HAVING HIS GORGEOUS EYE MUTLIATED err orr...POSSIBLY mutilated. For some reason I don't think he's lost his powers, we'll just have to see.

____________________________________________--
(Avatar made by Susuyo on Live Journal

Offline wetheril

• New Fan
  • TRCholic
« Reply #505 on: June 23 2006, 03:03 pm »
Quote from: Rekall
Everyone is expecting that it's real!Syaoran but you're right it *could* be Seishirou who's arriving! Or Ashura-ou! (although I doubt that Ashura-ou could get there that quick but it's possible).

Actually, I think it is real!Syaoran that is coming through the dimension. After Kamui and Fay got out of the water, Kamui says, "Somebody is coming, from another world. It's not that Hunter. There is one more Syaoran, coming." (Pages 10 and 11). In Chapter 119, the seal on the eye got broken, so now the real Syaoran is using dimensional magic to go to our Syaoran's body. After Syaoran comes, I'm assuming that yin-yang ball was our Syaoran (the clone), who got removed from the body, and tossed aside. Fay picks this up.

Offline wetheril

• New Fan
  • TRCholic
« Reply #506 on: June 23 2006, 03:10 pm »
Excuse me for straying from discussing Chapter 120, but I thought I'd pick up from here:

Quote from: SailorYue-chan
as to fai's power, he IS pretty powerful. he needed a tato to control his magic, and he was able to cross dimensions by himself, AND he created a living being(Something, i think that was said in CCS, requires ALOT of power to do.

I have no doubt that Fay is very powerful. As for the uses of that tattoo, I cannot really say because I need to look at the original Japanese raws (which I don't have) for that chapter. In the scanlations, it was translated so that the tattoo was "the core of his powers", but that is very open to interpretation. Whether it enhances his powers (I doubt it) or restrains/controls it, just the translation alone is insufficient.

However, as powerful as Fay is, I don't think he is Yuuko and Clow's calibre; maybe he has potential for more, but even he acknowledges that his power is limited and he cannot jump dimensions more than once (hence, why he appeared in Yuuko's shop).

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #507 on: June 23 2006, 03:10 pm »
First of all, I'm not saying that it's impossible for clone!Syaoran to eat Fai's eye. I just think that isn't the way CLAMP would want it. It's my idea only. I'm not making everyone follow my idea. It's just a theory, as I said.

Secondly, your theory about the clone and the real Syaoran is a bit off. The real and clone look alike, in my opinion. Also, the real!Syaoran isn't in an unchanging state. He's still growing. To me, he doesn't look like a kid in the tube.

In reality, clones are suppose to grow the same time as humans do, but I don't know if CLAMP took this into consideration or not. With your theory, you're saying that at the same time they clone real!Syaoran, the clone was immediatelly that age right?

Oh, I know. I am just saying it isn't hard to see why people drew the conclusion that he ate the eye.

Clone!Syaoran wasn't the same age, but he had the same appearance immediately. If you look here http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/cloned.jpg, from chapter 119, you can see that the clone was the same size as real!Syaoran, and we can assume that he had just been recently cloned because it was before real!Syaoran was fully sealed. I don't think Fei Wong cloned him when real!Syaoran was born and then let them both hang out for 9 or 10 years before sealing real!Syaoran....

And I remembered it wrong, but real!Syaoran is definitely a smaller child for quite a while in the tube, because in various places we see him smaller than clone!Syaoran. He started growing later though, before he opened his eyes (Yuuko says "He has awakened" and we see his eyes opening) and before he breaks out of the tube.

For example, during the Shurano/Sharano arc, we see this:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/sidebyside.jpg
There is a size difference and real!Syaoran's face is rounder and more kid-like. He also looks the same as he does when we see in the later chapters when Fei Wong is sealing him, and he is a child there still.

Then we also have this, which I put side by side
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/beforeafter.jpg
He looks taller in the later chapters.

We know that time has passed because clone!Syaoran grew at the same rate that Sakura did, and the other characters aged at an appropriate pace in Clow as well and that throughout that time as we can see, real!Syaoran has remained the same size until recently and clone!Syaoran had grown already.

Also, even in clone!Syaoran's dreams he grew, as seen here:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/syaoran1.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/syaoran2.jpg

So real!Syaoran used to look like a little kid until fairly recently in the Tsubasa timeline, and now they're the same size:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/samesize.jpg (I really love this picture  :heh:)
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/samesize2.jpg

Phew. Anyway, I hope that clears up what I was trying to say

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #508 on: June 23 2006, 03:16 pm »
I have no idea if someone has said this already, but why can Real!Syaoran control Clone!Syaoran?  Does sharing a soul allow him to manipulate Clone!Syaoran?  If Clone!Syaoran ever figures it out, will he be able to do the same to Real!Syaoran?

This has almost nothing to do with the plotline, but I'm a curious person who's watching AMV Hell 3.  Sue me.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #509 on: June 23 2006, 03:17 pm »
I have no idea if someone has said this already, but why can Real!Syaoran control Clone!Syaoran? Does sharing a soul allow him to manipulate Clone!Syaoran? If Clone!Syaoran ever figures it out, will he be able to do the same to Real!Syaoran?

This has almost nothing to do with the plotline, but I'm a curious person who's watching AMV Hell 3. Sue me.

I think that's it. Since he had the power to give him his eye, he probably had the power to control it as well.

moezychan

« Reply #510 on: June 23 2006, 03:19 pm »
Oh, I know. I am just saying it isn't hard to see why people drew the conclusion that he ate the eye.

Clone!Syaoran wasn't the same age, but he had the same appearance immediately. If you look here http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/cloned.jpg, from chapter 119, you can see that the clone was the same size as real!Syaoran, and we can assume that he had just been recently cloned because it was before real!Syaoran was fully sealed. I don't think Fei Wong cloned him when real!Syaoran was born and then let them both hang out for 9 or 10 years before sealing real!Syaoran....

And I remembered it wrong, but real!Syaoran is definitely a smaller child for quite a while in the tube, because in various places we see him smaller than clone!Syaoran. He started growing later though, before he opened his eyes (Yuuko says "He has awakened" and we see his eyes opening) and before he breaks out of the tube.

For example, during the Shurano/Sharano arc, we see this:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/sidebyside.jpg
There is a size difference and real!Syaoran's face is rounder and more kid-like. He also looks the same as he does when we see in the later chapters when Fei Wong is sealing him, and he is a child there still.

Then we also have this, which I put side by side
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/beforeafter.jpg
He looks taller in the later chapters.

We know that time has passed because clone!Syaoran grew at the same rate that Sakura did, and the other characters aged at an appropriate pace in Clow as well and that throughout that time as we can see, real!Syaoran has remained the same size until recently and clone!Syaoran had grown already.

So real!Syaoran used to look like a little kid until fairly recently in the Tsubasa timeline, and now they're the same size:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/samesize.jpg (I really love this picture  :heh:)
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/samesize2.jpg

Phew. Anyway, I hope that clears up what I was trying to say

That certainly does clear things up. I suppose I overlooked that in my marathon  :sweatdrop: He certainly does look older and taller. I wonder what role this plays in the timeline. It's quite confusing @_@

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #511 on: June 23 2006, 03:21 pm »
may i ask where these 2 came from>? i never read all the manga, only what came after the outo arc

-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #512 on: June 23 2006, 03:25 pm »
may i ask where these 2 came from>? i never read all the manga, only what came after the outo arc

Aaah, gomen for not clarifiying. Those are from chapter 91.

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #513 on: June 23 2006, 03:28 pm »
That certainly does clear things up. I suppose I overlooked that in my marathon :sweatdrop: He certainly does look older and taller. I wonder what role this plays in the timeline. It's quite confusing @_@

I just think that because he was sealed, his growth was stunted as well. As he started regaining consciousness and the ability to "control" clone!Syaoran, his body also started growing (magically) as well, to make up for all the years he had been trapped there, until he finally awoke and his body was the size it was supposed to be, the same size as clone!Syao.

The way I think of it is that clone!Syao just sort of took over where real!Syao was stopped for the time when clone!Syao was sent to Clow through now, but not real!Syao caught up.

That's just what I think though.

moezychan

« Reply #514 on: June 23 2006, 03:33 pm »
I just think that because he was sealed, his growth was stunted as well. As he started regaining consciousness and the ability to "control" clone!Syaoran, his body also started growing (magically) as well, to make up for all the years he had been trapped there, until he finally awoke and his body was the size it was supposed to be, the same size as clone!Syao.

The way I think of it is that clone!Syao just sort of took over where real!Syao was stopped for the time when clone!Syao was sent to Clow through now, but not real!Syao caught up.

That's just what I think though.

Quite possible, but reading this gave me a theory of my own. As shown, CloneSyaoran was larger than Real Syaoran, but suddenly Real Syaoran was able to gain power and began to grow. It's possible that CloneSyaoran's power was weakening, and his power was returning to Real Syaoran, and that returning power allowed Real Syaoran to grow to the point that he could escape from the tube. Also, by controlling CloneSyaoran, Real Syaoran might have taken that energy, and maybe even that life force to become his real age. Of course it's just a theory.

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #515 on: June 23 2006, 03:33 pm »
Real!Syaoran NEVER controlled Clone!Syaoran.  Real!Syaoran gave Clone!Syaoran his heart to stop the clone from being a mindless killing machine after the feathers.  But recently, Real!Syaoran has been escaping from Fei Wong Reed's magic which has caused the heart to want to return to Real!Syaoran.  The seals keeping the heart in the Clone have been breaking down and causing the 'mindless killing machine' instincts of the Clone to break through.  Hence why Clone!Syaoran has been going 'to the dark side'.

As for the YinYang thing Fay picked up...If you notice it was at the centre of the 'Rasinban' pattern-I think that is the heart and the rest of the sygil was the seal. The seal broke and the heart was thrown to the ground by Clone!Syaoran (who was so far gone that he didn't want it).  Fay picks it up (which means Real!Syaoran doesn't have a heart either at the moment!).  I don't think Fay will give it up to Real!Syaoran without a fight because Fay wanted Clone!Syaoran to keep it (what with his pretty speech about the heart being made precious by Clone!Syaoran and belonging with him so he can be with Sakura-chan and his friends AND using his magic to try and stop the seal from breaking).  Could that mean that they will be fighting TWO Syaoran's with no hearts for a bit?  I suppose Real!Syaoran won't be a killing machine, though, as he wasn't a created being.

Selenity

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #516 on: June 23 2006, 03:36 pm »
Quite possible, but reading this gave me a theory of my own. As shown, CloneSyaoran was larger than Real Syaoran, but suddenly Real Syaoran was able to gain power and began to grow. It's possible that CloneSyaoran's power was weakening, and his power was returning to Real Syaoran, and that returning power allowed Real Syaoran to grow to the point that he could escape from the tube. Also, by controlling CloneSyaoran, Real Syaoran might have taken that energy, and maybe even that life force to become his real age. Of course it's just a theory.

Yup, I think our theories tie together in a way, that as real!Syaoran started gaining power, he was able to grow and escape from the stasis he had been in for all those years.

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #517 on: June 23 2006, 03:40 pm »
Real!Syaoran NEVER controlled Clone!Syaoran. Real!Syaoran gave Clone!Syaoran his heart to stop the clone from being a mindless killing machine after the feathers. But recently, Real!Syaoran has been escaping from Fei Wong Reed's magic which has caused the heart to want to return to Real!Syaoran. The seals keeping the heart in the Clone have been breaking down and causing the 'mindless killing machine' instincts of the Clone to break through. Hence why Clone!Syaoran has been going 'to the dark side'.
Gah wait, you are right. So many theories were running through my mind I was confused for a while. It should be then that as real!Syaoran started regaining his consciousness and the ability to sort of "communicate" in a way with clone!Syaoran then blah blah blah. Yeah I mean I understood that real!Syaoran's heart was what was keeping clone!Syaoran in check all this time, I've just been overthinking this now *headache*

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #518 on: June 23 2006, 03:43 pm »
Real!Syaoran has controlled Clone!Syaoran.  Whenever Clone!Syaoran was having trouble fighting, Real!Syaoran would take over him and kick ***.  You could say that Clone!Syaoran was reverting to 'programming' or whatever, but Real!Syaoran mimics what he did while he was sealed in the tube thing.  And because Clone!Syaoran has no knowledge of Real!Syaoran, I think that its more likely that Real!Syaoran was helping him out by controlling him.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #519 on: June 23 2006, 03:51 pm »
Real!Syaoran has controlled Clone!Syaoran. Whenever Clone!Syaoran was having trouble fighting, Real!Syaoran would take over him and kick ***. You could say that Clone!Syaoran was reverting to 'programming' or whatever, but Real!Syaoran mimics what he did while he was sealed in the tube thing. And because Clone!Syaoran has no knowledge of Real!Syaoran, I think that its more likely that Real!Syaoran was helping him out by controlling him.
Well, maybe it goes both ways. I have decided this is so in my brain because I am tired and thinking about it further will make my brain melt. Damn you CLAMP, for being so confusing!