AuthorTopic: The greatness that is Syaoran  (Read 153769 times)

Offline babypigggy

• o1_loserkid.
  • "A True Fan"
  • miyuki,sasaki
Re: The greatness that is Syaoran
« Reply #840 on: February 18 2006, 07:16 am »
I agree with everyone..but yet..is there such thing as TOO perfect? o_O

-- never too far.. no matter how far ..
theONE's[<3]:
twinKITTY;; Zeldi
bigKITTY;; pretty,Quimmy,TimeMachine,Nyoko,Møon Li,sofiacardcaptors,Moezy-chan,-=kuro_woof=-,Sya0ran,bLuetopaz,Shuinu,bie_liao,aishiteru,Ashlee
bigPUPPY;; vexnet, Kasawa Lanford
littleKITTY;;Fai, Cardcaptors_Ria, baby.piglet

Offline Shiunu

• I've got a hole in me pocket!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #841 on: February 18 2006, 08:55 am »
^ Well maybe.. That's what were talking about I guess. Some of us are thinking he's not human because he seems so utterly perfect. Man if only he were real.

Little Sisters: bie liao, babypigggy, Fai, and Okamirei
Fellow Beatle Fangirl: hoshisenshi ^^
Cousins: Hikari_Blaze, aishiteru, Moon Li
Me and bie liao are in love! We never give up on our guys! <3

Offline babypigggy

• o1_loserkid.
  • "A True Fan"
  • miyuki,sasaki
« Reply #842 on: February 19 2006, 07:54 am »
Well, he's not real in the first place. And not human, as in spirit? Cause how can he be a monster. that wouldn't' make sense. O_O""

theONE's[<3]:
twinKITTY;; Zeldi
bigKITTY;; pretty,Quimmy,TimeMachine,Nyoko,Møon Li,sofiacardcaptors,Moezy-chan,-=kuro_woof=-,Sya0ran,bLuetopaz,Shuinu,bie_liao,aishiteru,Ashlee

moezychan

« Reply #843 on: February 19 2006, 08:03 am »
I'm not really stating that Syaoran is not real, but in all essence, he seems too good to be true. It's possible that he is human, but at the same time, he could be another form of a type of human. It's kinda confusing to explain.  :sweatdrop:

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #844 on: February 19 2006, 08:12 am »
^ Well I kinda get what you are talking about moezy-chan. It is kinda confusing :/

moezychan

« Reply #845 on: February 19 2006, 08:15 am »
Arigatou; it honestly would be alot better for me to explain it if I could talk to any of you face to face! I have trouble explaining things on here sometimes. Back on topic, what else about Syaoran? How about his perserverence? Did he gain it because he had such a rough childhood? Any thoughts minna?

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #846 on: February 19 2006, 08:18 am »
Well we are talking about TRC Syaoran right? Well I think maybe he gets his perserverance from having that strength because his father died and he's supposed to continue with his dream of finishing excavating the ruins. But I think also he gets it from his love for Sakura as well.

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #847 on: February 19 2006, 08:28 am »
And as for CCS Syaoran, pressure from his mother and everyone to be the next Cardcaptor was obviously a factor.  The fact that he has no known father was was surrounded by women probably distanced him and made him want even more to be what they expected of him.

He was so stressed for a little ten year old...:[
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #848 on: February 19 2006, 09:22 am »
^ That's true bie liao-chan! I didn't even think about that but it makes perfect sense.

Offline babypigggy

• o1_loserkid.
  • "A True Fan"
  • miyuki,sasaki
« Reply #849 on: February 19 2006, 10:03 am »
I'm not really stating that Syaoran is not real, but in all essence, he seems too good to be true. It's possible that he is human, but at the same time, he could be another form of a type of human. It's kinda confusing to explain. :sweatdrop:
*nods* it's okay i understand. i really do lol.

I say i like him better..a bit colder.. too sweet..is..TOO sweet.

theONE's[<3]:
twinKITTY;; Zeldi

moezychan

« Reply #850 on: February 19 2006, 10:29 am »
And as for CCS Syaoran, pressure from his mother and everyone to be the next Cardcaptor was obviously a factor. The fact that he has no known father was was surrounded by women probably distanced him and made him want even more to be what they expected of him.

He was so stressed for a little ten year old...:[

So true. I personally can't blame him for acting like that. If I had sisters like that, I'd be cold and distant as well! And with all that pressure, it can go both ways. It can make you overcome it and become stronger, or it can cause you to be very distant and cold. Which Syaoran is in both ways. He did overcome it, but he didn't know how to get rid of the rigid part until he met Sakura!

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #851 on: February 19 2006, 10:39 am »
Very very true.  I suppose thats why I think I'd like a blend of the two Syaoran's.  TRC Syao had Sakura there to soften him from an early age, so he became sweet and kind.  CCS didn't, but he was stronger and more real to me.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #852 on: February 19 2006, 02:22 pm »
You guys all have good points there. A blend of Syaoran is really kinda neat when you think about it. ^_^

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #853 on: February 20 2006, 02:39 am »
Syaoran's determination and perserverence seem to be something that CLAMP just gave him as a character. Its built into his 'mould' as it were...
CLAMP are his creators after all, they decided his traits... as for reasons for these traits in the story lines themselves...

In CCS his mother does appear to push him slightly... being the future leader of the clan and her only son, I think alot of pressure was on his shoulders to keep going and not fail. His failure would result in shame and dishoner on his families name, and that alone might be one of the reasons why he was such a stubborn child. (I mean, he really was stubborn sometimes ne? ^^; lol)

I think this he gained from his childhood. He must have trained so hard for years, when other kids usually play games... I think maybe thats really all her ever saw. His life revolved around training, family and magic.
I don't suppose failing was ever in the equation, so perseverance and determination was what he knew, causing him to be self confident and strong.

It is apparent that his mother is distant from him... but Iam sure that she still loves him and probably wanted him to be the best he could be (he does have alot of potential!)
I think his sisters like him alot too! lol. They seem like they would enjoy fussing over him a little...Although you never really see it, I think that logically, being the only boy, everyone sees him as something percious and special. After all, boys are valued higher in China.
and he is precious and special ^__^

TRC Syaoran, again its just in his nature to want to succeed. I think, this time its a little different, he doesn't know his real family,  and I think, instead of being forced into thinking in the way he does, he was taught. Fujitaka was obviously a very good parent to him, and taught him many things about life.
I think Syaoran perseveres beacuse he knows he has a job to do, he knows he'd want to be the one to do it for Sakura, and he wants to learn and discover new things on the way (this he learnt from Fujitaka). ^_^

Love keeps him going in TRC, Love is what keeps him persevering and by the end of CCS its love that makes him jump up on that ferris wheel (OMG SUCH a good part of the film *___* ) love will cause him to go all the way, taking down whatever he needs to, to protect what and who he loves.
Its the love of Sakura and Fujitaka that they showed him, that inspires his love for others.

Overall he's such a determind character, CLAMP made him this way, and we wouldn't want it any different would we?
^__^

xXx

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #854 on: February 20 2006, 02:45 am »
Nicely explained Xiao_Lang-chan! I think I will always see Syaoran as a very determined character because of those reasons. TRC Syaoran was taught alot by his father Fujitaka and I think that was what drove him to be his best as well. Sakura obviously affected TRC and CCS Syaoran to both want to protect her and just fight for her. So basically love and determination is  what I think drives Syaoran the most.

moezychan

« Reply #855 on: February 20 2006, 04:29 am »
Indeed; excellent analysis Xiao_Lang-chan! CCS Syaoran is in fact extremely valued, and I do think that his mother loves him, but she doesn't show it too much because she needs him to be his absolute best. The Chinese culture after all is a very proud community, and to bring dishonor to your family is absolutely disgraceful. It's obvious that for this reason Syaoran became so stubborn, but we really wouldn't love him as much if he wasn't, ne?!

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #856 on: February 20 2006, 06:03 am »
^ True true moezy-chan! That makes perfect sense. Syaoran probably did become stubborn because of his mother and his family wanting him to be his best. But we wouldn't want Syaoran to be any other way huh?

Offline Yummy Candy Bear

• Good Fan
« Reply #857 on: February 21 2006, 11:55 pm »
I think he becomes as cold as ice because his childhood is a world without love.
I wonder where his father is.

Offline Shiunu

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #858 on: February 22 2006, 06:01 am »
Well I don't think he grew up without love in his family. I sure everyone in his family loved him. Not much is known about Syaoran's father though. You could have a point there with his father. Syaoran growing up with a father in the family. I can imagine that would be tough. But I don't think he grew up without love.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #859 on: February 22 2006, 06:24 am »
He grew up with love, I just think his family, being very traditional and focused on their studies and magic, didn't quite know -how- to show him they loved him.
You can imagine the pressure his mother was under to raise the future leader of the clan, she was probably scared to show him too much affection incase it made him weak...