AuthorTopic: Chapter 121  (Read 93786 times)

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
Re: Chapter 121
« Reply #260 on: July 13 2006, 02:29 pm »
Exactly. This is why I'm getting annoyed with FaiXChi and KuroxTomo fans sticking their finger in KuroFai fans faces and laughing.

Or saying it's all in our head, which I remember someone saying on a forum.

CLAMP left the question open. They didn't dismiss it as never happening, nor did they said it would be canon. I wouldn't've expected them to, as that would be a big spoiler for the series. So, the answer they gave is one that is very much open.

I'm not sure if the KuroFai pairing will be made canon, or if CLAMP with leave us with the hints. I do hope for something like in CCS: with Touya and Yuki there were hints-a-plenty, but then just a little definitive moment that can still be interpretated, but does pretty-much solidify the canon. I mean, this is CLAMP. I'm not expected any heartfelt confessions anytime soon. Or ever I guess.

(BTW: I say this so many times...but does anyone even REMEMBER Hideki? Maybe I should send a picture of him to all the FaiXChi fans...)

I guess it's just a little annoying to have everyone suddenly rain on our parade. I definitely don't chalk this us as an 'OMG-EET'S-CANON', but I do chalk it up to a hint. I'm just enjoying the eye-candy of a chapter hints and squeeing because my inner-not-prone-to-logical-thinking fangirl is happy.

D: *puts up an umberella*

I remember Hideki ^^ I like the HidekixChii couple.
I like KuroxFai and to be honest a like KuroxTomoyo and FaixChii too but more KuroxFai, because by looking at each number it's like seeing the firsts chapters of X, everyone says "Kotori, Kotori! Kamui and Kotori! Fuuma and Kamui are just friends" and I just roll eyes and say "I like more Fuuma and Kamui, besides Kotori is death... and Headless...." then, a few months ago in an interview with CLAMP, Nanase Ohkawa said:

"But as for Kamui and Fuuma's relationship, it's really not correct speak of them as "friends", I mean if you look at Kamui, you can tell Fuuma's all he thinks about. He's got no more relatives, no sweet little Kotori, Fuuma's the only thing left that gives Kamui his identity. And where that much attachment, it's no longer a simple "friendship"."

See, see? I bet someday CLAMP will say something like this of Kurogane and Fai, may be, the relationship of those two it's not "only in our heads" because knowing CLAMP we know that this is completely possible, we know how to read the signals! *giggle* paring, strong relationship, there’s something more in those two besides travel companion.

So! This chapter does not say “YES it’s canon!” but maybe another one will do it, remember that in one clamp manga can be more than one paring to the same character, like Kamui with Fuuma and then comes Subaru, same with Subaru in the other way, or Koruy (from wish) and his relationship with Kokuyo and Kohaku or even the cat twins Hari and Rury.

We know CLAMP like to mess with our heads; with time you learn how to get CLAMP’s clues.

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #261 on: July 13 2006, 02:36 pm »
But as for Kamui and Fuuma's relationship, it's really not correct speak of them as "friends",
Friends dont grope eachother like that O.o Fuuma you pervert. Kamui is like a lost little puppy following Fuuma around. At least Subaru know's he's got an unhealthy obsession, Kamui is just lost.

I remember Hideki, I always thought it was weird how Clamp didnt put him with Chii in Tsubasa given they have that whole Same souls destined to be together in different worlds.

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #262 on: July 13 2006, 02:40 pm »
Friends dont grope eachother like that O.o Fuuma you pervert. Kamui is like a lost little puppy following Fuuma around. At least Subaru know's he's got an unhealthy obsession, Kamui is just lost.

I remember Hideki, I always thought it was weird how Clamp didnt put him with Chii in Tsubasa given they have that whole Same souls destined to be together in different worlds.

Right, Kamui is too bussy traying to not die from angst XDDDD Fumma you pervert... *laughts evily*

Anyway, I see Chii and Fai as brothers you know, for some reazon, they look to me that way.

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #263 on: July 13 2006, 05:18 pm »
Well, if Ashura-ou breaks free from his sleep, wounding Fai's Chii in the process, not killing her mind you, Chii is a very cute and nice character, she could lose her memory and Hideki finds her? As I do like this paring more then Fai/Chi, Because Chi is Hideki's most loved person, for those who have seen CHOBITS understands, CLAMP would not break a couple unless one or the other is already dead.....CLAMP...grrrr....

But I can't deny there is some Kuro/Fai in this chapter...but then again it could be CLAMP just egging it on....since they did come to America and saw the rabid fan girls and boys I was a little afraid of what they might do in an after shock kind of way, as in getting back at the fans for some funny reason or another in the manga, ----looks both ways and ducks----
I've said to much, there on to me. GTG
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #264 on: July 13 2006, 07:12 pm »
I do a lot of comparing KuroFai to Touya/Yuki, lol.

If Kuro were the type to have a BestFriendForever, Touya would so be his BFF. Like Yuki would be Fai's. XDDD They're both kinda alike...(Okay, Fai is more spazzy than Yuki, but...whatever XD. And maybe Kuro's more violent than Touya, but...yeah. They are kinda alike.)

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #265 on: July 13 2006, 10:30 pm »
I think Ashura/Fai will always be one of those pairings that the fans are suspicious of being present, but I'm having doubts that it will be spelled out as clearly as some of the others. I have a feeling that CLAMP is going to make their relationship pretty ambiguous. Maybe some touchy-feely-ness, but otherwise, nothing too concrete.

Also, would CLAMP create a relationship for their original character with a pre-existing character? Since Ashura already has a history and Fai is a new character, I'm reluctant to believe that CLAMP will make them romantically involved. So far CLAMP doesn't seem to want to form any new couples, or break any up.

And if they did, it would raise several questions like where was Fai in RG Veda, etc., since souls are bound together although KuroFai is still my OTP
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #266 on: July 13 2006, 11:08 pm »
Well, if Ashura-ou breaks free from his sleep, wounding Fai's Chii in the process, not killing her mind you, Chii is a very cute and nice character, she could lose her memory and Hideki finds her? As I do like this paring more then Fai/Chi, Because Chi is Hideki's most loved person, for those who have seen CHOBITS understands, CLAMP would not break a couple unless one or the other is already dead.....CLAMP...grrrr....
I read the chobits manga, and I love it. And I agree, CLAMP will not break up Hideki and Chi. In "Chobits", they made Hideki and Chi soalmates. CLAMP will not break them up..... i hope >.<
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #267 on: July 14 2006, 12:01 am »
Thinking logically, the FaixChii pairing makes very little canon sense to me.

As many people have said, CLAMP have established the rule that, even though characters belonging to different worlds may act differently because of growing up in a different environment, their heart/soul remains the same. Now why on earth would CLAMP contradict their own rule by pairing Chii with Fai? Chii, as we all know, has already found her one-and-only soulmate: her "Special someone just for her", and that soulmate is Hideki. She spent 8 graphic novels looking for him for crying out loud!
If CLAMP liked the way Chii and Fai looked together I have no doubt that they would have used Chii's poor, loveless twin Freya instead. Thinking logically, would they really trample all over their Chobits series for a pairing that could easily be substituted?
That would make no sense!

Have we had an example yet of a CLAMP character that has a soulmate in one of their previous manga series and has turned up head over heels with someone else in Tsubasa?
No.
Touya is still with Yukito, Tomoyo still adores Sakura, Syaoran still loves Sakura and vice versa, Ashura still loves Yasha, Yuzuriha still has a deep connection Kusanagi. The list goes on.

Why exactly Chii was created we have still to find out. But Fai certainly didn't seem very cut up about leaving her behind at all. A quick cuddle, a few "Good Chii! Good Chii!"s as if she was a some kind of pet and off he went, not seeming bothered that he'd left her dangling in net form above the man that would be after his blood once he woke up!!
We have to conclude that 1) For some reason Ashura is no threat to Chii, even when he is awake, or 2) Fai has little regard for Chii's wellbeing and cares more about his own safety. (Which seems very Fai-like to me)

As for Kurogane and Fai... well, there is definitely something there. What that something is I'm not sure. There definitely will be a reason that Fai and Kurogane shared that look when they first met a Yuko's shop. A reason why Kurogane has made it his buisness to find out about Fai's past and why he won't "Let anyone close" to him. A reason why Fai feels the need to act the silliest and around Kurogane, poking, petting and teasing him. A reason why Fai seems sad when he admits that he knows Kurogane hates him for being the way he is.
If there's one thing I've learned from reading CLAMP manga, it's that every glance could hint at something and every word could mean something later on. I'm very convinced about the AshuraxFai pairing and I'm keeping my fingers crossed super tight for Kurogane and Fai. I'm not expecting any dazzling love confessions, but them remaining together at the end of the series would be enough for me.

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
« Reply #268 on: July 14 2006, 12:07 am »
It would raise several questions like where was Fai in RG Veda, etc., since souls are bound together although KuroFai is still my OTP

Characters that have had soulmates in previous series have shown up in Tsubasa alone. Like Souma. She's without Kendappa-Ou. Maybe CLAMP thinks it could work the other way around?

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #269 on: July 14 2006, 01:58 am »
Offtopic to the Fai/Chii discussion; Only 6 more days till chapter 122!

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #270 on: July 14 2006, 02:55 am »
Hyuu yay, less than a week! I don't have nearly enough to keep me distracted....

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #271 on: July 14 2006, 03:11 am »
Characters that have had soulmates in previous series have shown up in Tsubasa alone. Like Souma. She's without Kendappa-Ou. Maybe CLAMP thinks it could work the other way around?

Let's not forget Emeraude without Zagato in Jade Country, and Kumara without Kahra in Shura Country.

It has been shown to work the other way around. Look at Shougo and Primera. We see them together twice in Tsubasa, which suggests that they're a soulmate pair. Yet Primera isn't in the X movie, and Shougo isn't in Magic Knight Rayearth. In fact, Primera was in love with Lantis in MKR. This suggests to me that unrequited love doesn't count when pairing people in different worlds. Unrequited love does tend to spring up whenever those particular people meet in a world (see Tomoyo's Sakura obsession) but it doesn't dictate that the person doesn't have someone somewhere who will love them back. Friendships seem to follow similar rules (see Ryuu-ou and Syaoran's recurring friendship). Soulmates, while apparently the strongest bond in the CLAMPverse, don't always appear together, though if they exist in the same world they will be in love. Family bonds don't seem to be as strong and romantic love or friendship - while Chun-Hyang is still Wall Mae's daughter, and Sakura and Touya are still siblings, we also have Fujitaka as Syaoran's adoptive father, Clow as Sakura and Touya's father, Tomoyo and Kendappa as sisters, lots of people showing up without any sign of their family members, etc.

That's the way I see the rules of soul bonds in the CLAMPverse. As to how this relates to the pairings we were discussing...Possibly Chii could love Fai, or Fai could love Chii (though I think his actions clearly show that he doesn't), but not both. Fai could be in love with Ashura-ou, and whether Ashura-ou could love Fai depends on how one interprets the events of RG Veda. I think all love for Ashura-ou was unrequited, but that's just my opinion. Others think he was in love, and that may very well be how CLAMP intended it (though if they want to use that pairing in TRC, I hope they do a better job convincing me of it the second time around because if they don't I'll either be annoyed, or just call it unrequited again).

I doubt that Hideki could show up in Celes without totally changing the mood of that world, not to mention the focus of the story, so I'd say no on that one. Poor Chii will just have to go alone.  :(

Yay, just six days! We should so have one of those little countdown thingies.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
« Reply #272 on: July 14 2006, 03:13 am »

Show content
Kendappa is Tomoyo-hime's older sister in Kurogane's world.  She was the Empress of Japan and we see her during the Rekord Arc during the Kurogane flashback scenes.  So that is another canon pairing together!  (and also a good reason why Kurogane/Souma will not be canon).

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #273 on: July 14 2006, 03:14 am »
I agree with Hideki ruining the mood of Celes. He just doesn't seem like he'd fit very well, lol.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #274 on: July 14 2006, 04:28 am »
I agree with Hideki ruining the mood of Celes. He just doesn't seem like he'd fit very well, lol.

*hides because she had a little bit of a one shot idea as why Hideki ISN'T in Celes* ^^;

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #275 on: July 14 2006, 05:19 am »
::D: Whats your idea, Becster?

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #276 on: July 14 2006, 06:26 am »
::D: Whats your idea, Becster?

Schwaaaaa...eet's a secret =D Let's just say it's angsty. Awwww. Poor Hideki D:

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

Forum Family

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #277 on: July 14 2006, 06:51 am »
Yay, just six days! We should so have one of those little countdown thingies.

Yep.  The code for it is right here.

Edit: Better code has been edited in!!

Code: [Select]
<script language="JavaScript1.2">

function setcountdown(theyear,themonth,theday){
yr=theyear;mo=themonth;da=theday
}

//////////CONFIGURE THE COUNTDOWN SCRIPT HERE//////////////////

//STEP 1: Configure the countdown-to date, in the format year, month, day:
setcountdown(2006,7,19)

//STEP 2: Change the two text below to reflect the occasion, and message to display on that occasion, respectively
var occasion="HAPPY TSUBASA DAY!"
var message_on_occasion="New countdown coming soon."

//STEP 3: Configure the below 5 variables to set the width, height, background color, and text style of the countdown area
var countdownwidth='550px'
var countdownheight='20px'
var countdownbgcolor='red'
var opentags='<font color="white"><font face="arial"><small>'
var closetags='</small></font>'

//////////DO NOT EDIT PASS THIS LINE//////////////////

var montharray=new Array("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec")

function start_countdown(){
if (document.layers)
document.countdownnsmain.visibility="show"
countdown(2000,1,1)
}

if (document.all)
document.write('<span id="countdownie" style="width:'+countdownwidth+'; background-color:'+countdownbgcolor+'"></span>')

window.onload=start_countdown

function countdown(){
var today=new Date()
var todayy=today.getYear()
if (todayy < 1000)
todayy+=1900
var todaym=today.getMonth()
var todayd=today.getDate()
var todayh=today.getHours()
var todaymin=today.getMinutes()
var todaysec=today.getSeconds()
var todaystring=montharray[todaym]+" "+todayd+", "+todayy+" "+todayh+":"+todaymin+":"+todaysec
futurestring=montharray[mo-1]+" "+da+", "+yr
dd=Date.parse(futurestring)-Date.parse(todaystring)
dday=Math.floor(dd/(60*60*1000*24)*1)
dhour=Math.floor((dd%(60*60*1000*24))/(60*60*1000)*1)
dmin=Math.floor(((dd%(60*60*1000*24))%(60*60*1000))/(60*1000)*1)
dsec=Math.floor((((dd%(60*60*1000*24))%(60*60*1000))%(60*1000))/1000*1)
if(dday<=0&&dhour<=0&&dmin<=0&&dsec<=1){
if (document.layers){
document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.write(opentags+message_on_occasion+closetags)
document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.close()
}
else if (document.all)
countdownie.innerHTML=opentags+message_on_occasion+closetags
return
}
else{
if (document.layers){
document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.write(opentags+dday+ " days, "+dhour+" hours, "+dmin+" minutes, and "+dsec+" seconds left until "+occasion+closetags)
document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.close()
}
else if (document.all)
countdownie.innerHTML=opentags+dday+ " days, "+dhour+" hours, "+dmin+" minutes, and "+dsec+" seconds left until "+occasion+closetags
}
setTimeout("countdown()",1000)
}
</script>

<ilayer id="countdownnsmain" width=&{countdownwidth}; height=&{countdownheight}; bgColor=&{countdownbgcolor}; visibility=hide><layer id="countdownnssub" width=&{countdownwidth}; height=&{countdownheight}; left=0 top=0></layer></ilayer>
« Last Edit: July 14 2006, 07:15 am by tg »
O.o

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #278 on: July 14 2006, 07:00 am »
Yep. The code for it is right here.

<script language="JavaScript">
TargetDate = "7/19/2006 4:52 PM";
BackColor = "pink";
ForeColor = "green";
CountActive = true;
CountStepper = -1;
DisplayFormat = "%%D%% Days, %%H%% Hours, %%M%% Minutes, %%S%% Seconds.";
FinishMessage = "HAPPY TSUBASA DAY!!";
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.hashemian.com/js/countdown.js"></script>
</script>
what's that code??? how does it work?

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #279 on: July 14 2006, 07:05 am »
Yep.  The code for it is right here.

<script language="JavaScript">
TargetDate = "7/19/2006 4:52 PM";
BackColor = "pink";
ForeColor = "green";
CountActive = true;
CountStepper = -1;
DisplayFormat = "%%D%% Days, %%H%% Hours, %%M%% Minutes, %%S%% Seconds.";
FinishMessage = "HAPPY TSUBASA DAY!!";
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.hashemian.com/js/countdown.js"></script>
</script>

Oooh, do we have somewhere we can put it?
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster