AuthorTopic: Chapter 121  (Read 93822 times)

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
Re: Chapter 121
« Reply #160 on: July 08 2006, 07:01 am »
Anyway, it's a cute and angsty Kuro/Fai moment, we're all allowed to squeal over it as we want as I am sure all fans squeal over any moment their favorite couple is together :XD: Fangirl never really was equal to logical, anyway :3

(and this might sound a bit weird, but I am finding evil clone Syaoran a lot more interesting and attractive than our regular nice Syaoran... *gets hit with flying bricks*)

By all means, squeal away. It's a free fandom - equal squeeing rights for all fangirls! (And fanboys, should they choose to squee!) It was a good Kurogane+Fai general relationship moment, I agree. They've come a long way from Outo Country (the Clover bar scene is still my favorite scene for them, though).

I like soulessclone!Syaoran as well, though I also liked the old one.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #161 on: July 08 2006, 07:04 am »
True, true, squeal away, KuroFai fangirls. It was a fairly adorable/angsty scene.

On a side note, I agree with you on Evil-clone Syaoran being more attractive and interesting, Meliwan. ^_^ Huzzah, Clone!Syaoran.
*tries to hug him, gets her eye taken out* o_x;;;
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #162 on: July 08 2006, 07:04 am »
Show content
For the Real!Syaoran, I don't think he's coming to do anything harm to his clone. In the past, Real!Syaoran was using all his strength to copy his heart to the clone before he get sealed. And in the other time, when Real!Syaoran still sealed in the tube, all he ever do to left!Syaoran was helping his clone  to get out from critical situation.

^_^  Just one thing to correct you on.   Real!Syaoran never controlled Clone!Syaoran.  It was Clone!Syaoran's true nature that was doing the controlling.  It was proven in Chapters 104-105 and when Real!Syaoran escaped from his tube.  The seal placed in his eye was "weakening" for some time now.   From the time that CopiedHeart!Syaoran realized his hands were moving on their "own", it was really the Clone!Syaoran's doing.  As for why Real!Syaoran mimicked the move, it could have something to do with the "copied heart" that he put into Clone!Syaoran.  (Sort of like identitcal twins feeling the same thing, maybe?)

I think, in the end, I'll be rooting for Real!Syaoran now that Clone!Syaoran's body is starting to be destroyed physically and the seal, itself, was removed.  That ying/yang object is CopiedHeart!Syaoran no matter what I think of it as.  It was referred to as a "heart" by Kamui.  The term "copy" might be something to throw us fans off.    Who knows.........??
O.o

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #163 on: July 08 2006, 07:11 am »
^_^  Just one thing to correct you on.   Real!Syaoran never controlled Clone!Syaoran.  It was Clone!Syaoran's true nature that was doing the controlling.  It was proven in Chapters 104-105 and when Real!Syaoran escaped from his tube.  The seal placed in his eye was "weakening" for some time now.   From the time that CopiedHeart!Syaoran realized his hands were moving on their "own", it was really the Clone!Syaoran's doing.  As for why Real!Syaoran mimicked the move, it could have something to do with the "copied heart" that he put into Clone!Syaoran.  (Sort of like identitcal twins feeling the same thing, maybe?)

I think, in the end, I'll be rooting for Real!Syaoran now that Clone!Syaoran's body is starting to be destroyed physically and the seal, itself, was removed.  That ying/yang object is CopiedHeart!Syaoran no matter what I think of it as.  It was referred to as a "heart" by Kamui.  The term "copy" might be something to throw us fans off.    Who knows.........??

Welllll, there was that one part in Shurano where I was fighting and you saw tubeSyaoran move and cloneSyaoran moved the same way: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/sidebyside.jpg

Here's another where cloneSyaoran is doing the exact movements as realSyaoran
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/melipon/samesize2.jpg

So I guess it goes both ways. Right now, at least, I don't think realSyaoran is controlling him.

True, true, squeal away, KuroFai fangirls. It was a fairly adorable/angsty scene.

On a side note, I agree with you on Evil-clone Syaoran being more attractive and interesting, Meliwan. ^_^ Huzzah, Clone!Syaoran.
*tries to hug him, gets her eye taken out* o_x;;;
Hahaha yesss. I don't get why either. Especially since Fai is my favorite character you would think I'd be like DIE CLONE SYAORAN YOU EVIL B*STARD! But strangely I am like "Yeah, cloneSyaoran is an evil, cruel guy but damn he is kinda hot." Oh my confused fangirl heart, lol.

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #164 on: July 08 2006, 07:13 am »
Show content
I don't think CLAMP is ready to kill off Clone Syaoran yet, because we, the fans, are more connected with him more then the real Syaoran, as is Sakura and the gang, and since Clone Syaoran has half of Fai's power, and I hope it will be only half as long as he stayes away from the other eye, Fai will teach Syaoran how to use it, and undercontroll. Yeah, I'm sure this will cause Syaoran to feel quilty for what he did, but I don't think Fai would hate him, and how will Sakura act, I have no clue, and Kurogane, I think he is being torn in two, having to hurt the kid, Fai being hurt, worring about the princess, and at the moment, one of the few people doing something then just standing around and going, WTF, what was that......yeah
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #165 on: July 08 2006, 07:14 am »

yeah, I remember tha sentence of main page of last chapter, it said that his body could be destroyed, but his feelings will live "in a corner of the world"...link here, read it.colored by me ^___^
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/ishiyaki/01.jpg

but...has anyone realized that the uncover eyes of two Syaoran are different?? I don't mind blue eye of CloneSyaoran. in the last page of this chapter, RealSyao has his eye as the CloneSyao had before he were taken over.

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #166 on: July 08 2006, 07:20 am »
Show content
I don't think CLAMP is ready to kill off Clone Syaoran yet, because we, the fans, are more connected with him more then the real Syaoran, as is Sakura and the gang, and since Clone Syaoran has half of Fai's power, and I hope it will be only half as long as he stayes away from the other eye, Fai will teach Syaoran how to use it, and undercontroll. Yeah, I'm sure this will cause Syaoran to feel quilty for what he did, but I don't think Fai would hate him, and how will Sakura act, I have no clue, and Kurogane, I think he is being torn in two, having to hurt the kid, Fai being hurt, worring about the princess, and at the moment, one of the few people doing something then just standing around and going, WTF, what was that......yeah

Yeah, I could see that happening. The only things getting in the way are the two Syaorans. I kinda hope that isn't what happens though, since seems like the obvious path to me, so I'd like to see something else.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #167 on: July 08 2006, 07:23 am »
but...has anyone realized that the uncover eyes of two Syaoran are different?? I don't mind blue eye of CloneSyaoran. in the last page of this chapter, RealSyao has his eye as the CloneSyao had before he were taken over.
I don't think the eyes are really different in terms of physical characteristics, as much as the fact that cloneSyaoran has his eyes more narrowed, giving him a more unfeeling appearance, while realSyaoran has his eyes fully open and he looks really determined  and almost kind of like cloneSyaoran looked when he set out to do something. It's not as much as the way the eyes look, but the expressions that make them look different.

Offline Celesse

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #168 on: July 08 2006, 08:02 am »
Haha, I agree on the KuroXFai = not canon 'cause of this chapter.  I just kept shut up 'cause I didn't want to get bricked either  XD;;  Kuro looks to be protecting him as a friend, not as a lover.  Look how far he's holding him from himself  :O  And how tightly he hugged Sakura to himself when he thought what's-his-name-dream-seer might intend her harm.

I just don't see them as a couple at all.  I don't buy it  XD  I see them as good friends and nothing more.

Uh...anyway!  I did a re-edit of the chapter with Pikari's translation  :D  For anyone that's interested - http://www.bottledtalent.com/junk/media/tsubasa/trc-121.zip

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #169 on: July 08 2006, 08:14 am »
Haha, I agree on the KuroXFai = not canon 'cause of this chapter. I just kept shut up 'cause I didn't want to get bricked either XD;; Kuro looks to be protecting him as a friend, not as a lover. Look how far he's holding him from himself :O And how tightly he hugged Sakura to himself when he thought what's-his-name-dream-seer might intend her harm.

I just don't see them as a couple at all. I don't buy it XD I see them as good friends and nothing more.

Uh...anyway! I did a re-edit of the chapter with Pikari's translation :D For anyone that's interested - http://www.bottledtalent.com/junk/media/tsubasa/trc-121.zip
Thanks for the scanlation! Posted the mirror here: http://tsubasa.ametsubame.org/chapters/trc-121.zip

As for the rest of this comment, nyaaa... I spoke about it up there already so I won't go into it anymore :XD: But I don't necessarily think the distance he is holding them really holds as much meaning as what he says...

Offline Celesse

• Good Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 08 2006, 08:25 am »
Thanks for the scanlation! Posted the mirror here: http://tsubasa.ametsubame.org/chapters/trc-121.zip

As for the rest of this comment, nyaaa... I spoke about it up there already so I won't go into it anymore :XD: But I don't necessarily think the distance he is holding them really holds as much meaning as what he says...

Ahh thank you  :D  I need to get it up on rapidshare too..

True true.  But I don't see that as a declaration of love either  XD  It was super emotional though.   Ah Clamp, how I love thee  <3

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #171 on: July 08 2006, 08:35 am »
Ahh thank you :D I need to get it up on rapidshare too..

True true. But I don't see that as a declaration of love either XD It was super emotional though. Ah Clamp, how I love thee <3

Haha, I agree though. I don't see it as a declaration of love or anything. But still, it is a lot more personal than Kurogane has gotten for most of the manga, it shows that if anything Kurogane himself is changing not even just because of Fai, but because of all they as a group have gone through together... it just says a lot IMO, whether you think about them as a couple or not, that Kurogane readily defended Fai both physically as well as verbally.  I don't think that would have been the case towards the beginning of the manga, and it shows how they have progressed as characters from that time *shrug*

Offline Celesse

• Good Fan
« Reply #172 on: July 08 2006, 08:48 am »
Haha, I agree though. I don't see it as a declaration of love or anything. But still, it is a lot more personal than Kurogane has gotten for most of the manga, it shows that if anything Kurogane himself is changing not even just because of Fai, but because of all they as a group have gone through together... it just says a lot IMO, whether you think about them as a couple or not, that Kurogane readily defended Fai both physically as well as verbally. I don't think that would have been the case towards the beginning of the manga, and it shows how they have progressed as characters from that time *shrug*

Yeah, while he's declaring how Fai has changed he's giving his own self away  XD  I've totally loved watching how all of the characters keep growing closer and closer and how it becomes evident through their actions.  One of my favorite times was in Outo Country when Kuro-pon thought they were all dead and it visibly affected him.  I can't wait to see how they continue to play out through this scenario  :>

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #173 on: July 08 2006, 09:08 am »
I agree with what you said. It doesn't make it canon, but it is a KuroxFai moment in any sense of the word, even as a non-ship and just general relationship meaning. I mean, the fact that Kurogane said all that stuff about Fai shows that he has been paying attention to Fai as a person and that their relationship isn't merely Kurogane getting angry at Fai when Fai teases him, as many people like to reduce it to.

And of course he'd hold Sakura more closely... he was running down the stairs with her in his arms, while right now he is in the middle of a fight and needs to be able to move in order to protect himself and Fai. It doesn't change the fact that he is still holding onto Fai and trying to make Syaoran remember all that Fai did for them, as futile as it might be at the moment. Also, he did hold Fai closely, he basically protected him with his entire body when Syaoran used Fai's magic and tried to hit them.

Anyway, it's a cute and angsty Kuro/Fai moment, we're all allowed to squeal over it as we want as I am sure all fans squeal over any moment their favorite couple is together :XD: Fangirl never really was equal to logical, anyway :3

(and this might sound a bit weird, but I am finding evil clone Syaoran a lot more interesting and attractive than our regular nice Syaoran... *gets hit with flying bricks*)
true!. plus, kuro was positivily LIVID at clonesyao. PURE ANGER there. and the little sppeech bout fai, does show that kuro's watching fai very closely

so even if its not OFFICIALY canon, it pushes it just to the edge of canon ^^

Haha, I agree on the KuroXFai = not canon 'cause of this chapter.  I just kept shut up 'cause I didn't want to get bricked either  XD;;  Kuro looks to be protecting him as a friend, not as a lover.  Look how far he's holding him from himself  :O  And how tightly he hugged Sakura to himself when he thought what's-his-name-dream-seer might intend her harm.
ah. the way i see this tho, is that sakura wasnt in imediat danger. so he could move her around fast if he needed (plus she's smaller,... but maybe not lgihter ^^;;). fai's in a delicate position, plus those thingies connected to the cocoon thingy are narrow, so prhaps kuros getting ready to scoop him up if he needs to, as well as yell at syaoran. so he's being more delicate with fai there.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #174 on: July 08 2006, 01:21 pm »
Nah, of course this chapitre doesn't prove KuroFai. Sure, we were all screaming 'canon,' but not because anybody really thought there was any kind of decisive evidence in this chapitre; but rather more, for me, because seeing Kurogane hold Fai like that was just another incidence of close physical contact between them, not to mention that speech Kurogane gave. I don't see us having any sort of decisive evidence for KuroFai until the end of the series, just like we didn't have any real decisive evidence for Touya/Yuki until the end of the series. A million pounds of subtext and hints hitting us over the head, but no direct evidence. So I'll keep screaming 'canon' just because I know it's coming until it actually comes.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #175 on: July 09 2006, 10:31 am »
*sigh* next week is another week of no Tsubasa, *sob*

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #176 on: July 09 2006, 11:16 am »
Yeah, but thankfully that means no break for a while!
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #177 on: July 09 2006, 11:28 am »
Does it mean that we'll get a longer chapter next time? With color pages? Because that would really be nice.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #178 on: July 09 2006, 11:48 am »
Does it mean that we'll get a longer chapter next time? With color pages? Because that would really be nice.

Aaah, hopefully! That would be awesome. I love it when we get colour pages.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #179 on: July 09 2006, 12:17 pm »
Aaah, hopefully! That would be awesome. I love it when we get colour pages.

I'll love that, longer chapters and color pages, cool, a present for wait XD