Poll

Do you think Doumeki/Watanuki will become an official pairing?

It won't happen, only get hinted at.
20 (18.7%)
Are you nuts? Watanuki loves Himawari!
8 (7.5%)
Maybe, it's hard to tell.
14 (13.1%)
Totally! Doumeki so loves Watanuki!
42 (39.3%)
I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not convinced yet.
23 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 100

AuthorTopic: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)  (Read 199395 times)

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
Re: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)
« Reply #240 on: September 06 2006, 02:04 am »
Show content
That's just how Clamp bandages people when they're cut from head to toe, no significance there.

I don't think that Kamui and Subaru gave Yuuko blood to travel.  All they said was:

Subaru - I have a request. I would like to have water, enough to fill this underground reservoir.
Yuuko -  ...There is a price.  The same as when I gave you two the means to cross dimensions as twins.
Subaru - I understand.

I think what it means is that she's just telling him that an equal price must be paid for the water, she's pretty much saying "I don't need to explain myself, right?".  It doesn't necessarily mean that they gave her blood.

Kurogane's payment may come into play, as xxxHolic is a few hours ahead of where Tsubasa is right now.  I doubt it though.  All I have to say is that Clamp is back to being their bloody sadistic selfs, now both Tsubasa and xxxHolic's main characters are being abused.  Hopefully the angst stays at bay in xxxHolic. -_-

Offline xxxholic

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #241 on: September 06 2006, 02:56 am »
Lets see... (various CLAMP spoilers ahead)

Show content
MKR - Eagle almost dies before he and Lantis start to realize their feelings. Although they never admit it to each other by the end of the story, you have the main character, Hikaru, trying to set them up because she knows, so I'm counting it. :P

Did that really happen?! In the anime or the manga?
Show content
I remember when i watch the anime, there were only a bit of hints toward the LantisxEagle pairing. i was a huge fan of it and was hoping for more of them but it never happened. Are they an official canon pairing? In the anime, HIkaru was in love with Lantis, but i'm not sure if Lantis really liked her back considering he never said anything but i figure they're in love. But when did hikaru ever try to set them up and she knew?! Wait, did that happened in the manga? I'm curious because i'm a huge fan of Lantis and Eagle but was disappointed that there wasn't much in the anime.

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
Re: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be pre
« Reply #242 on: September 06 2006, 03:30 am »
Show content
I remember when i watch the anime, there were only a bit of hints toward the LantisxEagle pairing. i was a huge fan of it and was hoping for more of them but it never happened. Are they an official canon pairing? In the anime, HIkaru was in love with Lantis, but i'm not sure if Lantis really liked her back considering he never said anything but i figure they're in love. But when did hikaru ever try to set them up and she knew?! Wait, did that happened in the manga? I'm curious because i'm a huge fan of Lantis and Eagle but was disappointed that there wasn't much in the anime.

Yeah it was in the manga.
Show content
During when Hikaru and Eagle were off determining who would be the new Pillar, Hikaru tells Eagle: "You like Lantis don't you?  And I'm sure Lantis likes you...Princess Emeraude and Zagato were the same."

And then later near the end this convo happens between Lantis and Hikaru:

Lantis: In your country, what do people say to confess your love?
Hikaru: Will you marry me...perhaps?
Lantis: Marry?
Hikaru: It's a promise to always be with the one you love!
Lantis: Is there someone you want to marry?
Hikaru: Lantis...and Eagle! ^^

I'm not sure if Lantis/Eagle is an official canon pairing though since they never admitted their feelings for each other because Eagle is still in a coma recovering from his illness by the end of the series.  They definitely like each other though and Hikaru knows.

As for Hikaru loving Lantis, she says she loves everyone.   She admits to loving Lantis, Eagle, Fuu, Umi, Clef, Presea, Ferio, Ascot, Kardina, Lafarga...etc, all equally.

^__^
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #243 on: September 06 2006, 03:39 am »
Show content
Totally OT: I've not seen the anime, but there were a lot of hints toward the pairing in it, enough so that I was really annoyed by the ending because I fell in love with Lantis/Eagle too.
Show content
What really happens is that Lantis basically proposes to Hikaru. He tells her she's a lot like Eagle, and then he asks her how people in her world confess their love, and she says that people confess their love by getting married. He doesn't know what 'marriage' means, so she tells him that it means a promise to stay together always. He asks her who she wants to marry, and she says she wants to marry Lantis -and- Eagle. Lantis looks confused and asks if you can marry more than one person. Hikaru says no, but that she loves Lantis and Eagle. And she also loves Umi and Fuu and Clef, and on and on, and wants to be with all of them forever. xd
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline beetlebum_101

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #244 on: September 06 2006, 03:40 am »
I have a feeling that Doumeki might sacrifice his life  :cry:

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #245 on: September 06 2006, 04:28 am »
Can you do that?  Now that you say that though, where is Doumeki? Can he still not come inside? If he paid, he had a wish...

Offline Kazuki

• Just your ordinary BL fangirl
  • Good Fan
  • ~ KuroFay lover ~
« Reply #246 on: September 06 2006, 04:39 am »
I don't think Doumeki would sacrifice himself.
Yuko already said that she doens't kill people because there's no price as high as death or something like this...

And Doumeki also had a wish when he gave part os his sight to Watanuki but even then he couldn't go into Yuko's shop...

Wow, Holic just keeps getting better and better!
And Doumeki and Watanuki keep getting closer and closer! xD

It's a shame that it's published in a shounen magazine... because of that DouWata won't be "canonized"! i_i

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #247 on: September 06 2006, 04:40 am »
I don't think Yuuko would take the payment if it meant it would take the persons life, take Kurogane for example.  Besides, she's said earlier in the series that she will not take a life.

Offline lynalar

« Reply #248 on: September 06 2006, 07:48 am »
Show content
yuuko mentions 3 people who paid the price for Watanuki's survival.  I not only wonder who those three are but what their prices were.
   We can probably rule Yuuko, herself, out.

Himawari is probably one.  If it isn't something sinister on her part, which somehow I don't think it is, she always seems concerned for Watanuki.  If a bit clueless.

I think we can safely assume Doumeki is one.  I could have a fangirl/shipper hope that he's bound to protect Watanuki for the rest of his life as payment...but I know Clamp won't be that nice. :p

As for the third...I keep coming back to Haruka or Kohane.  If it is Haruka...his price may have been keeping Watanuki from following his parents into death during his death dream.  Or he may have done that simply because he seems to like Watanuki.

I could see Kohane doing it because Watanuki has been the only person to treat her like a real person and not an object.

So hey...does Doumeki get to care for Watanuki while he convalesces?  *evil grin*

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 06 2006, 08:32 am »
Show content
So hey...does Doumeki get to care for Watanuki while he convalesces? *evil grin*

Show content
That depends on if he can enter Yuuko's shop.  If he made a wish, then he may be able to. ;)

Offline beetlebum_101

« Reply #250 on: September 06 2006, 02:46 pm »
I don't think Doumeki would sacrifice himself.
Yuko already said that she doens't kill people because there's no price as high as death or something like this...

And Doumeki also had a wish when he gave part os his sight to Watanuki but even then he couldn't go into Yuko's shop...

Wow, Holic just keeps getting better and better!
And Doumeki and Watanuki keep getting closer and closer! xD

It's a shame that it's published in a shounen magazine... because of that DouWata won't be "canonized"! i_i

In one conference said that XXXHOLiC is considered as shoujo too, ahh I wish they will be canonized! :cry:

Offline xxxholic

• Good Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 06 2006, 04:23 pm »
In one conference said that XXXHOLiC is considered as shoujo too, ahh I wish they will be canonized! :cry:

Yeah both CLAMP and the animation studio for XXXHolic considers XXXHOLIC to be shoujo. Despite the fact that it's being published in a shounen magazine, it can be shoujo.

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
  • everything about ayaness ~~
« Reply #252 on: September 06 2006, 10:56 pm »
does anyone realize
Show content
how nice and comfy the room/bed watanuki slept on...VIP for sick person  :hehe:, and just wondering, do you  think that the kimono that Yuuko wear is the same with the one she wear when she's talking with TRC's gang for the latest chapter?? I wonder if the event with TRC is after or before the accident..?

"Hear my silent prayer.....Heed my quiet call
When the Dark and Blue surround you...Step into my sight
Look inside the Light...You will know that I have found you"
from Dreamcatcher by Secret Garden

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 07 2006, 02:26 am »
does anyone realize
Show content
how nice and comfy the room/bed watanuki slept on...VIP for sick person :hehe:, and just wondering, do you think that the kimono that Yuuko wear is the same with the one she wear when she's talking with TRC's gang for the latest chapter?? I wonder if the event with TRC is after or before the accident..?

Show content
Yep, it's the same outfit (you can always tell where both series correlate to each other by what Yuuko's wearing).  She was talking to them that morning when Watanuki woke up, Maru and Moro told him she was in the treasure room when he asked where she was (which is where she is currently in TRC).

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #254 on: September 07 2006, 02:35 am »
Show content
Yep, it's the same outfit (you can always tell where both series correlate to each other by what Yuuko's wearing). She was talking to them that morning when Watanuki woke up, Maru and Moro told him she was in the treasure room when he asked where she was (which is where she is currently in TRC).

I had expained the days timeline a couple pages back...

Show content
No, she was dealing with them early that morning.  When he woke up Maru and Moro said that she was in the treasure room with Mokona and that he still had to make breakfast.  He had wanted to talk to Yuuko about his dream, but obviously couldn't.  On his way to school he ate the bento with Kohane and gave her the balloon, went to school and talked to Doumeki, and then fell out of the window.  Now he's back at Yuuko's house with a creepy looking Himawari.

I think that sums it up, for the most part. Basically Yuuko had her hands full saving Fai, so I wouldn't put it past her being the one to have Haruka save Watanuki.

[edit] - Sorry about double posting, didn't mean to do that. :sweatdrop:

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #255 on: September 07 2006, 04:11 am »
Where can you download the scans for this chapter?(117) I know the translations out but I haven't found the scans...
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 07 2006, 04:30 am »
Where can you download the scans for this chapter?(117) I know the translations out but I haven't found the scans...

This page in Chinese, or you can get the Japanese raw at Ladydarkmoon's LJ.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #257 on: September 07 2006, 05:12 am »
or read it online scasnsnated in english here:

http://groups.msn.com/eXeXeXHOLiCManga
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #258 on: September 07 2006, 06:50 am »
Chibiyuuto's posted the cleaned up Japanese scans by Ladydarkmoon at the Room of Requirement. ^_^ Just thought I'd let you all know. Yeesh, I'm already anxious for next week's chapter. xd
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Chibi

« Reply #259 on: September 07 2006, 07:22 am »
This was a great chapter! I really hope the next chapter explains Himawari. I don't trust her, especially with that look she gave at the end of this chapter. ><