Poll

Do you think Doumeki/Watanuki will become an official pairing?

It won't happen, only get hinted at.
20 (18.7%)
Are you nuts? Watanuki loves Himawari!
8 (7.5%)
Maybe, it's hard to tell.
14 (13.1%)
Totally! Doumeki so loves Watanuki!
42 (39.3%)
I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not convinced yet.
23 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 100

AuthorTopic: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)  (Read 199500 times)

Offline beetlebum_101

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
Re: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be pre
« Reply #440 on: September 28 2006, 12:45 am »
Disclaimer: DOUWATA SHIPPER XD

Whoah! XD Well for the recent Holic chapter, I think Watanuki confesses his admiration to Himawari. First of all, Watanuki doesn't have a close *close* friend that been worrying around him. He does like Himawari but I don't think in a romantic sort of way, more like an admiration. Of course in return, Watanuki is happy because he didn't expect his *crush* or this cute girl in campus actually cares about him. Of course even I'm his situation, I'll be very happy. But lets not jump into conclusion that oh its HxW or DxW. In 119, he appreciates what Himawari is. Yes, he really appreciates her smile because she shows it.

On Doumeki, wow... The reason why us fangirls makes us squee because he saved Watanuki so many times. And Yuuko, just like CLAMP loves to throw hints. But in reality, Doumeki never confesses him, I mean obviously Doumeki likes Watanuki but we really don't know the certain extend. Right? Plus the reason why Watanuki *dislikes* Doumeki because he never *shows* his appreciation to him. I mean Doumeki wasn't direct to the point. In 119, "he said let's eat bento ... the three of us." What does he mean? He means he also accepts Himawari despite of her misfortune. Unlike Himawari, Doumeki acts louder than his words. That is why Watanuki sometimes pissed off because he never said thank you (in a nice way), he never smiles (if you notice he didn't show this to him on ghost lady arc) and calls him idiot. That is why Watanuki and Doumeki always fight. Plus he said in several chapters that Doumeki should say at least appreciates his lunch or something. And I agree with Roxx, Watanuki appreciates Doumeki (it said this on first dream with Haruka) in some other way. I think the reason why he had arguments with Doumeki because he's worried that someone will die because of him. Watanuki hopes Doumeki stay out of his trouble because one day he might disappear because of him. Of course Watanuki is too good, he doesn't want that.

If you asked me, will HxW happened, I don't think it will, even DxW is becoming hazy. It's more like "Character Centric Story" or Gen. Because the developments of the story is more like characterization and changes. I think I'm gonna be OK with that. If DxW may happened, I think this will be tragic.... :( Honestly most CLAMP manga are just like throwing hints and slash not official "canon"; The only official canon were Yukito and Touya in CCS.

But honestly, I won't give up hope on DxW ^_~ I still have hopes on them ^^

Offline Misfier

• I'm not crazy I swear~
Re: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)
« Reply #441 on: September 28 2006, 12:55 am »
even though ladydarkmoon or someother site may have the scans up by tomorrow I just wanted to share this little tidbit.

Show content
According to one blog its said that Watanuki influenced the birth of the egg. And the bird has Doumeki's abilites. Their first baby! *gets bricked*

As I said the chapter is getting positive feedbacks but it doesn't seem like they were fangirling over HxW or DxW for that matter. I want to know whats so good about this chapter already so I guess I'll wait for tomorrow.

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #442 on: September 28 2006, 01:41 am »
Am I going to get bricked if I say that I can see Watanuki liking both Doumeki and Himawari?

I mean, I'm partial to DxW myself. They're definitely the pairing that I see the most between, and also the pairing that I'm cheering for in the end, but at the same time, I think that Watanuki honestly does like Himawari as more than a friend. Is it true love? Probably not. Watanuki's got a 'crush' thing going on, and it reminds me of Sakura and Yukito in CCS. For the longest time Sakura liked Yukito the best, but did that make him her soul mate? No.

I don't really see Himawari expressing any romantic feelings towards Watanuki either. Everything she did in 119 seemed to be very friendly and loving, but in a platonic sense. It's difficult to say with Doumeki because he IS very stoic.

Anyway. My point was supposed to be that yes, Watanuki does have a crush on Himawari, but that doesn't mean that DxW won't happen. In fact, judging by how Clamp is writing Holic, I'd say DxW is far more likely. As has been said, Himawari's character is only now getting any real development, and the main relationship in Holic (other than Yuuko and Watatnuki's) has been Watanuki's changing relationship with Doumeki.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline faisama13

• it's not coincidence...it's hitsuzen....
« Reply #443 on: September 28 2006, 01:49 am »
argh!!! i just want the bloody chapter to come out!! >_<* ::pounds head into wall:: lol i have NOOO patience what-so-ever. XD ::falls dizzy from too much head pounding::

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #444 on: September 28 2006, 02:10 am »
Am I going to get bricked if I say that I can see Watanuki liking both Doumeki and Himawari?

I mean, I'm partial to DxW myself. They're definitely the pairing that I see the most between, and also the pairing that I'm cheering for in the end, but at the same time, I think that Watanuki honestly does like Himawari as more than a friend. Is it true love? Probably not. Watanuki's got a 'crush' thing going on, and it reminds me of Sakura and Yukito in CCS. For the longest time Sakura liked Yukito the best, but did that make him her soul mate? No.

I don't really see Himawari expressing any romantic feelings towards Watanuki either. Everything she did in 119 seemed to be very friendly and loving, but in a platonic sense. It's difficult to say with Doumeki because he IS very stoic.

Anyway. My point was supposed to be that yes, Watanuki does have a crush on Himawari, but that doesn't mean that DxW won't happen. In fact, judging by how Clamp is writing Holic, I'd say DxW is far more likely. As has been said, Himawari's character is only now getting any real development, and the main relationship in Holic (other than Yuuko and Watatnuki's) has been Watanuki's changing relationship with Doumeki.
thats how i see it. watanuki hs a huge crush on himiwari,but its not quite mutual. and watanuki has too big a case  of denial to see how he really feels about doumeki
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline beetlebum_101

« Reply #445 on: September 28 2006, 02:12 am »
Watanuki's got a 'crush' thing going on, and it reminds me of Sakura and Yukito in CCS. For the longest time Sakura liked Yukito the best, but did that make him her soul mate? No.

Actually I'm having the same thoughts on them. I'm a Touya/Yuki shipper ^^ and loves CCS. I talked one of my LJ friends. I told her, what happened to Watanuki was liked happened to Sakura on Yukito. Of course Yukito so smart, handsome and kind... name it and Yukito's there. Sakura likes Yukito the best and it's like her first love. But they were never been soulmates. In fact Yukito pointed out the reason why Sakura likes him is more of familial love.

it's difficult to say with Doumeki because he IS very stoic.
That's is why its so hard to predict if Doumeki likes Watanuki in a romantic or platonic because from the start he never showed any emotion except being protective to Watanuki.

Definetly Watanuki likes Himawari, sort of crush or admiration. She's cute and nice ... to everyone. Honestly I think Himawari was kinda admired to Doumeki because well like any other girl's thinking, Doumeki's an eye candy to the girls' crowd and Himawari is one them. (probably because he's in archery club and that is popular as what Watanuki's stated)  But I do see Himawari is a fangirl. I think I have to read the chapters again :P

Offline falka

• New Fan
« Reply #446 on: September 28 2006, 02:43 am »
Lady Darkmoon's scans are out. You can find them here: http://ladydarkmoon.livejournal.com/123286.html#cutid1
One moment is all you can expect from perfection

Offline beetlebum_101

« Reply #447 on: September 28 2006, 03:01 am »
Soooo... more of Himawari again this chapter... Gaaahh!  :angry:

hoping for next chappie >_<

Offline faisama13

• it's not coincidence...it's hitsuzen....
« Reply #448 on: September 28 2006, 03:09 am »
Soooo... more of Himawari again this chapter... Gaaahh! :angry:

hoping for next chappie >_<

ya uderstand how u feel. unfortunatly we have to wait a couple weeks for the next chapter >_<

Offline lynalar

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #449 on: September 28 2006, 03:35 am »
That's is why its so hard to predict if Doumeki likes Watanuki in a romantic or platonic because from the start he never showed any emotion except being protective to Watanuki.

honestly, that right there is what made me a DxW shipper.  Here is this stoic guy who doesn't really get involved with anyone at all.  Honestly, they could all be dirt for the amount of attention he gives them.  Then suddenly, here is Watanuki and bam! Doumeki starts teasing him, walking him home and to work, protecting him on Yuuko's errands, and even begins to show real emotion.  As the manga progressed, we began to see true concern for Watanuki show through and then outright anger in the eye arc.

Time after time, Doumeki puts himself out on the line for Watanuki.  Could it be friendship? Possibly, yes. I won't deny that possibility.  But somehow I doubt it..  Watanuki has gotten the only smile to date from him...the only real emotions shown, and Doumeki has proven he'll bleed and possibly even die for him.  If it's friendship, it's deep...really deep.

You know...I kind of do see the CCS thing here, now that you mention it.  It was always kind of clear that Syaoran was Sakura's soul mate but she had the biggest crush on Yukito.  Just like with Yukito...it's fairly clear that while Himawari cares about Watanuki, it doesn't seem to be romantic.

Not to mention that Yuuko has thrown out SO many hints...

Ah well. We'll see where it leads.  Obviously clamp is not against boy/boy pairings...since they have clearly done it in the past.  Watanuki has distinct feminine attributes while clearly being male...which leans him more towards the type of character Clamp tends to do slash pairings with.  There are just so many possibilities.  That's what makes it fun and makes us beg for more!

Offline favila

« Reply #450 on: September 28 2006, 06:00 am »
Doumekiiiiiii! Where are you?
Cute little bird...
Is there a translation yet? Anybody knows?
Why do we have to wait three weeks more? Its unfair... :cry:

DouWata forever!

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #451 on: September 28 2006, 06:17 am »
Yeah, I hope a translation comes soon!
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #452 on: September 28 2006, 06:28 am »
can someone help me clean the scans? i gotta make a scanslation and i have no idea how to do it. (please do not instruct me. i dont do well with instructions either >_O )
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #453 on: September 28 2006, 06:41 am »
can someone help me clean the scans? i gotta make a scanslation and i have no idea how to do it. (please do not instruct me. i dont do well with instructions either >_O )
Chibiyuuto's cleaned scans for 130 of TRC and 120 of HOLiC are already out at the Room of Requirement.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #454 on: September 28 2006, 06:54 am »
ah cool. thanks. now all i need is a translation ^^
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #455 on: September 28 2006, 08:44 am »
^_^ Translation from chou_addicted here.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #456 on: September 28 2006, 08:49 am »
i cant use those ;_;
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline beetlebum_101

« Reply #457 on: September 28 2006, 09:41 am »
chou_addicted's translation gave more indepth. I'm satisfied in some other way ^_~

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #458 on: September 28 2006, 11:30 am »
Lol, sorry if it sounded like dissing. My post wasn't meant to be harsh or anything.
Daijoubu daijoubu. I tend to have that effect on people O.o
*builds antibrick shield*
Emiko-san I agree with everything you said.

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #459 on: September 28 2006, 03:33 pm »
Show content
So the bird is for Himawari, so she won't be lonely.  At least that's what I got from it.  It's a mini-Doumeki!  Himawari gets a Peep and Watanuki gets Doumeki, everybody is happy now. XD

Watanuki has a better understanding of others than Fai...that's a bit surprising.  I love how he told Yuuko he's not a kid anymore.  It's interesting to see how much he has grown over the course of the series. :keke: