Poll

Do you think Doumeki/Watanuki will become an official pairing?

It won't happen, only get hinted at.
20 (18.7%)
Are you nuts? Watanuki loves Himawari!
8 (7.5%)
Maybe, it's hard to tell.
14 (13.1%)
Totally! Doumeki so loves Watanuki!
42 (39.3%)
I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not convinced yet.
23 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 100

AuthorTopic: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)  (Read 199408 times)

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
Re: XXXHOLiC Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)
« Reply #60 on: July 13 2006, 09:50 am »
I'm sure about a question. It must exist a reason if Clamp created XXXHOlic. TRC and Holic is being published at the same time, but both follows differents ways. TRC has a lot of action and few explanation, while, in the other hand, XXXHolic, with Yuuko, has a lot of things to tell and less action than TRC. Connections isn't few.Yuuko knew Clow, so she also knew SAkura & Syaoran. FWR is a "big" enemy to her. Yuuko's behaviour is really calmed, so she always knows what to do or if her past actions were good. I sense that Yuuko was created by Clamp 'cause she'll give an explanation at the end of both stories.

also, both Mokonas were created by Yuuko & Clow. White for Syaoran, black for Watanuki. They're guards, because "manjuus" have saved a lot of times the kids. :confused:

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #61 on: July 13 2006, 11:43 am »
I remember reading in some CLAMP interview that they had wanted to create a story (stories, as it turned out) connecting all their works. To do that, there had to be a character who knew the connection between all CLAMP's works, and that character is Yuuko. So I think Yuuko is going to be doing a lot of explaining indeed. Mind, I don't actually remember which interview this is from, so I could be remembering it wrongly.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #62 on: July 13 2006, 12:05 pm »
I remember that, it was from AX.  I think the question was something  like if their real life worlds were the same universe and they said yes but for their fantasy worlds they needed a way to connect all together to they created Yuuko.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #63 on: July 13 2006, 12:25 pm »
I don't think that's the one I'm thinking of (it was from before AX), but if it said that, it'll do.
« Last Edit: July 14 2006, 03:35 am by Capella »
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #64 on: July 13 2006, 11:43 pm »
I'm sure about a question. It must exist a reason if Clamp created XXXHOlic. TRC and Holic is being published at the same time, but both follows differents ways. TRC has a lot of action and few explanation, while, in the other hand, XXXHolic, with Yuuko, has a lot of things to tell and less action than TRC. Connections isn't few.Yuuko knew Clow, so she also knew SAkura & Syaoran. FWR is a "big" enemy to her. Yuuko's behaviour is really calmed, so she always knows what to do or if her past actions were good. I sense that Yuuko was created by Clamp 'cause she'll give an explanation at the end of both stories.

also, both Mokonas were created by Yuuko & Clow. White for Syaoran, black for Watanuki. They're guards, because "manjuus" have saved a lot of times the kids. :confused:

Yuuko, in the manga, mentioned that the White Mokona represents "Power", and the Black Mokona represents "Seal". Which would make sense since Watanuki needs to shield himself from the strange things that happen to him, while Syaoran and co. need as much power as they would need to face whatever danger comes in their way.

But wait... wouldn't Watanuki need power to fight the weird things, too?
Remember, he has power already, but he needs to learn to control it, not the other way around, plus he has a wish to get rid of his power. Syaoran and co., in exchange for the ability to travel across the dimensions, gave up whatever weapons they might have in the first place, and Syaoran never had any special powers to begin with himself.

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #65 on: July 13 2006, 11:51 pm »
But wait... wouldn't Watanuki need power to fight the weird things, too?

I guess that's where Doumeki comes in.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
« Reply #66 on: July 14 2006, 09:25 pm »
yeah... watanuki cant handle the spirits all by himself, thus Doumeki is there to provide him with the support he needs should they get into a tight spot... o.0

Forum pet - kudan(platypus) :lol: Little sister - xOLight_AngelOx

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #67 on: July 15 2006, 12:28 am »
I'm pretty sure that Doumeki is the way Yuuko is granting Watanuki's wish. It's perfectly valid... I don't think she ever said she'd take away his powers, only "make it" so he doesn't see spirits anymore (err... did she? I don't have my book 1 with me so I can't double-check). I think there's probably a bit more to it, of course, but essentially I think that's what Doumeki's there for.

Anyway, I can see Watanuki finding out that Doumeki is the answer to his wish and flipping out, because he's just been tricked again by Yuuko... :hehe:
« Last Edit: July 15 2006, 05:12 am by Emiko »

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #68 on: July 15 2006, 04:05 am »
I'm pretty sure that Doumeki is the way Yuuko is granting Watanuki's wish. It's perfectly valid... I don't think she ever said she'd take away his powers, only "make it" so he doesn't see spirits anymore (err... did she? I don't have my book 1 with me so I can't double-check). I think there's probably a bit more to it, of course, buit essentially I think that's what Doumeki's there for.

Anyway, I can see Watanuki finding out that Doumeki is the answer to his wish and flipping out, because he's just been tricked again by Yuuko... :hehe:
right. she never said she'd take away his powers, only make them tolerable XD and yes, watenuki will most likly flip out, causing doumeki to plug his ears again ^^
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #69 on: July 16 2006, 02:29 am »
Thanks for pointing that out, Yue-chan. ^^ I'd have to say this was my favorite part:
Show content
Dou: "....I'll go."

p.7

Wata: "hm?"
Dou: "I'll go and get it. You wait here."
Wata: "It's my fault that it flew inside in the first place, so I'll go."
Dou: "You're waiting here. No talking."
Wata: "You think I'm scared?! I'm going in! You can stay here and cry until I come back!"

chou_addicted's comments after the scripts were pretty interesting too... Like CLAMP won't delve into the realistic and darker side of their characters, especially Doumeki and his job at the temple.

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 22 2006, 08:19 am »
I've read in somewhre that Clamp said in a n interview that Himawari is a "surprise" at the end...then, she could be the connection between TRC and XXHolic, but Clamp said that she'll do something imporatnt , .obviously, they didn't say what.

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #71 on: July 22 2006, 10:50 am »
Yeah, I heard that too. But I thought that CLAMP only said that once something big is revealed, XXXHolic will be over quickly. Did they go on record saying it was Himawari? Even if they didn't, it's pretty obvious that THAT is what's most likely to be drawn out the longest...

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline wetheril

• New Fan
  • TRCholic
« Reply #72 on: July 22 2006, 10:55 am »
Yeah, I heard that too. But I thought that CLAMP only said that once something big is revealed, XXXHolic will be over quickly. Did they go on record saying it was Himawari? Even if they didn't, it's pretty obvious that THAT is what's most likely to be drawn out the longest...

They did say Holic would be over soon, once something big about somebody was revealed, but they didn't say WHO. My bet is that it's Himawari as well. She's the msot mysterious of the Holic characters. I'd already been suspecting something about her from all the hints that've been dropped so far.

However, I WOULDN'T be surprised either if Clamp on purposely led us to believe there was something with Himawari, then pulls a twist on us unexpectedly.

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
« Reply #73 on: July 23 2006, 11:08 am »
(Kills himself)

Episode 5 Is a really beautiful most especially
Show content
The part where the owner of the shop used the arrow to heal the injury of the bird... As well as the part wherein Watanuki gave the arrow to the owner's son in the first few moments of the episode...

It's really beautiful... ^^

^^

Forum pet - kudan(platypus) :lol: Little sister - xOLight_AngelOx

Offline Becka-Chan

• Hello!
« Reply #74 on: July 23 2006, 11:31 am »
um..okay, I don't want to sound stupid, and I don't know if this has been asked yet, but what is  Watanuki's surname? It seemes that in the anime or websites that I go to, Watanuki is listed sometimes as his surname but sometimes as given name.

(...humm that does sound stupid. ^_^;;;;;;)

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #75 on: July 23 2006, 11:50 am »
um..okay, I don't want to sound stupid, and I don't know if this has been asked yet, but what is  Watanuki's surname? It seemes that in the anime or websites that I go to, Watanuki is listed sometimes as his surname but sometimes as given name.

(...humm that does sound stupid. ^_^;;;;;;)
actualy, watenumi IS his surname. his first name is Kimihiro. Dioumeki's first name is Shizuka
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Becka-Chan

• Hello!
« Reply #76 on: July 23 2006, 11:56 am »
actualy, watenumi IS his surname. his first name is Kimihiro. Dioumeki's first name is Shizuka

..... *blink* OH. Shizuka? *giggles*

Thanks for the clarification!

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #77 on: July 23 2006, 12:19 pm »
That is, his given name is Watanuki and his family name is Kimihiro. I think we're getting confused by the Japanese name order. Doumeki is Doumeki's given name. The other one would be his family name.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Becka-Chan

• Hello!
« Reply #78 on: July 23 2006, 02:10 pm »
That is, his given name is Watanuki and his family name is Kimihiro. I think we're getting confused by the Japanese name order. Doumeki is Doumeki's given name. The other one would be his family name.

.....gah! See this is what I mean! Everyone says something different  :cry:

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #79 on: July 23 2006, 02:39 pm »

Shizuka is Doumeki's given name. Watanuki asks Doumeki what his family calls him, and Doumeki responds "Shizuka". I don't think his family would call him by his surname.

Also, Kimihiro is Watanuki's given name.

I am 99.999999999999% percent sure on this.