CLAMP's Famous Works > Season 2

[TRC Arc 2] Episode 12: The Dangerous Road

<< < (6/15) > >>

Kirtai:

--- Quote from: SailorYue-chan on July 20 2006, 05:50 pm ---i didnt really like them using "kaze no machi he" as a road trip song. kaze no machi he ios considered the kuro-fai theme!!!  :hmp:

--- End quote ---

I agree! When they started playing it on the bus, at night, I was thinking (intonation like the seagulls in Finding Nemo) "Kurofai?Kurofai?Kurofai?"  I thought we might see them having a nice conversation, or maybe Fai fell asleep with his head on Kuro's shoulder, and he'd be all annoyed...

sanlyn:
i didn't know that kaze mache he is kuro-fai theme,  because i considered it as "clover" theme song.  However,  i am shocked that the animator recycle that song, its better that they insert new song rather than using an old one.

Airashii:
I agree with you. Kaze no machi e its from season 1, they should insert something new, diferent. -_-

mela:
"Kaze no Machi e" is such a moving and touching song, I have no idea how the moronic animators thought that if they were going to re-use it, putting it during a boring road trip would somehow help them convey a feeling.

Just from a standpoint of looking at music as ways of enhancing the feeling of a scene / of the viewers (which is the main purpose of film/tv soundtracks), Kaze no Machi e is completely innappropriate for that particular scene (or any of these fillers) and manages to serve absolutely no purpose in the context AT ALL.

That song is way too pretty to be thrown in such a crappy episode, and also the viewers associate that song with a specific world/situation so there is no way in heck that anyone is going to think anything other than"Why are they recycling that song they played in Outo?"

Capella:
Yeah, I didn't like what they did with Kaze no Machi e either. If they had to use it, couldn't they have pretended it was playing on the radio in the bus? I would've liked that, since it's really an adaption of Oruha and Suu's song from Clover, which was broadcast on the radio in that series. (And Clover was labelled as a "one-way road trip" once, so it might make some kind of sense...) But no, that would require knowing something about the series of origin, so it couldn't happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version