AuthorTopic: Chapter 122  (Read 58461 times)

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
Re: Chapter 122
« Reply #160 on: July 22 2006, 08:18 am »
Right now all I can think of is self-preservation instincts - if you see through your eye in some one else's head that there is a sword coming towards you, instinctively your first reflex would be to ward it off, before you have time to think "wait, I only see it, it is not me who is under threat".

You got a good point there, actually.  Never really thought of it that way before.   ^_^   Both Syaorans are technically the same in a way.   So, many of the clone's movements should actually be similar to R!Syaoran, in a sense, with the exception that they kick differently.

Edit:  And it's alright if you're not too familiar with how CLAMP works in their stories.  They tend to leave their fans hanging in mystery a lot.    :sweatdrop:  Enjoy CCS!   It's a very good CLAMP classic!
« Last Edit: July 23 2006, 09:23 am by tg »
O.o

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #161 on: July 22 2006, 08:55 am »
ack. i keep forgetting.

io think we may have learned another one of mokona's secret abilities.

"Summoning" or something to that effect.[somone give me a cooler name so i can addit to my guide ^^

heres why i think so: Syaoran had his sword already outside of mokona when they arrived at the tower. perhaps he tossed it to the nearest person before diving into the water? im pretty certain he didnt give it back to mokona. Kurogane already had his sowrd, when he talked to Kakyou(?) he just left it upstairs. So perhaps mokona had the power to "summon" a person's possesion?
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline mini_flo

• We're so cute together, ne?
« Reply #162 on: July 22 2006, 10:35 am »
wow...so much replies already...

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #163 on: July 22 2006, 10:56 am »
wow...so much replies already...
Nothing compared to 120's discussion with its 37 pages XD

Offline wetheril

• New Fan
  • TRCholic
« Reply #164 on: July 22 2006, 10:59 am »
ack. i keep forgetting.

io think we may have learned another one of mokona's secret abilities.

"Summoning" or something to that effect.[somone give me a cooler name so i can addit to my guide ^^

heres why i think so: Syaoran had his sword already outside of mokona when they arrived at the tower. perhaps he tossed it to the nearest person before diving into the water? im pretty certain he didnt give it back to mokona. Kurogane already had his sowrd, when he talked to Kakyou(?) he just left it upstairs. So perhaps mokona had the power to "summon" a person's possesion?

I think Mokona already had that kind of power--he was able to transport things from one world to another. (Such as sucking in Fay's staff and giving it to Yuuko, and exchanging it for the monster in Doumeki's temple.) However, I've been curious as to where the swords get put when Mokona is "storing" them. Do they go into a special room in Yuuko's shop? I'm pretty sure they've got to be somewhere.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #165 on: July 22 2006, 01:04 pm »
Hahaha, I remember everyone flipping out over chapter 120! I could refresh the page and three more responses to the chapter dioscussion thread would pop up. The height of activity on the thread. I went to sleep and two pages were added by the time I woke up. Though there was the pain of having to go without the next chapter, that thread was awesome.

And maybe the swords in Mokona's mouth just get turned into magic or something and stay in one of it's stomachs (as the black Mokona mentioned it had more than one, lol.). Kinda like how the black Mokona stores the spirits in it's mouth/stomach/whatever for a while before Yuuko asked him to send it.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #166 on: July 22 2006, 01:07 pm »
Nothing compared to 120's discussion with its 37 pages XD
lol. I rememeber like it was yesterday. Trying to keep up, was the hardest thing to do. I wonder if that is every going to happen again.

[its so funny going back into the old chapter threads and reading "what is going to happen in the next chapter", to see who was closier, and way off]
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #167 on: July 22 2006, 02:52 pm »
I think Mokona already had that kind of power--he was able to transport things from one world to another. (Such as sucking in Fay's staff and giving it to Yuuko, and exchanging it for the monster in Doumeki's temple.) However, I've been curious as to where the swords get put when Mokona is "storing" them. Do they go into a special room in Yuuko's shop? I'm pretty sure they've got to be somewhere.
ah, but kuro's sword was at the top of the building, in their room, and syaoran's was somewhere in the crowd (i think) albiet the use of fai's magic caused syao's sword to come out instead, but how did kuro's sword end up from their room into mokona's mouth? its a bit confusing :S
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline wetheril

• New Fan
  • TRCholic
« Reply #168 on: July 22 2006, 05:40 pm »
ah, but kuro's sword was at the top of the building, in their room, and syaoran's was somewhere in the crowd (i think) albiet the use of fai's magic caused syao's sword to come out instead, but how did kuro's sword end up from their room into mokona's mouth? its a bit confusing :S

Okay, I see what you mean now. I can understand that happening if Black Mokona was on the other end, but it wasn't, so...how does Mokona just "teleport" the sword there?  That's a good question. Also, I wonder if Mokona's power to do that extends to everything. I mean, if that was the case, if they knew where the feather was, Mokona couuld just "summon" it, as you said, and that would be like cheating. XD

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #169 on: July 22 2006, 11:32 pm »
I'm thinking... maybe CLAMP has kept Fai unconscious for this part for a reason. Maybe they don't want him reacting to the bat symbol on clone!Syaoran's shirt too.
I've always had my suspicions that Fei Wong Reed has had something to do with Fai's past since the little-Kurogane story arc.
Perhaps Fai even had something to do with Kuro-mumma's death by chain of events. Maybe he's aware that something he's done has effected Kurogane and that's why he's so desperate not to divulge any information about his past to him.

My theory is that Fei Wong Reed had contact with Ashura. Ashura somehow had Fai under his control and used him for his magic. I'm not sure... but since Fai has the power to create life, maybe he created the Oni that killed Kurogane's mother?
Fai could have tattooed himself with that magical device to suppress his powers and stop them from being used in such an awful way. That would explain why he's so reluctant to use his powers anymore, as well as why it was his most precious possession and why it was also the seal on Ashura's 'coffin'.
It does kind of make sense that Fei Wong would have a part to play in Fai's backstory since he has in Kurogane and Syaoran's.

I like this theory a lot, maybe Fai did have something to do with Kurogane's past or Fei Wong Reed had something to do with Fai's past. But, if Fai did had something to do with the death of Kurogane's mother, doesn't that make Fai older than Kurogane?  :surprised:

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #170 on: July 23 2006, 12:37 am »
I like this theory a lot, maybe Fai did have something to do with Kurogane's past or Fei Wong Reed had something to do with Fai's past. But, if Fai did had something to do with the death of Kurogane's mother, doesn't that make Fai older than Kurogane?  :surprised:

Not nessisarily. Time flows differently in different dimentions. Time could be flowing much quicker in Kurogane's dimention than in Fai's.
But I've always thought that Fai is a lot older than Kurogane anyway. CLAMP mages seem to have a very long lifespan and, although I think Fai is probably a 'young' mage by respects, he could be over a hundred already! Yuko is probably hundreds of years old but she still has the appearence of a woman in her late-twenties/early thirties.

Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #171 on: July 23 2006, 02:40 am »
Not nessisarily. Time flows differently in different dimentions. Time could be flowing much quicker in Kurogane's dimention than in Fai's.
But I've always thought that Fai is a lot older than Kurogane anyway. CLAMP mages seem to have a very long lifespan and, although I think Fai is probably a 'young' mage by respects, he could be over a hundred already! Yuko is probably hundreds of years old but she still has the appearence of a woman in her late-twenties/early thirties.

Good point! Though it would be weird to find out that Fai could be like a hundred years old! He looks so young, hehehehe.  :hehe:

Embrace and kiss me

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #172 on: July 23 2006, 05:46 am »
Being a huge Tolkien fan, appearance and its relation to age has long lost its significance to me. I never thought of Fai's age but now that someone brought my attention to it, I realise I am expecting him to be a lot older in years than he looks.

(tg - thank you! It was a slow day today at work and I managed to read the first three volumes of xxxHolic as well (the joys of working in a bookstore, even if it is as of yet not very well stocked with manga))
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #173 on: July 23 2006, 09:57 am »
Good point! Though it would be weird to find out that Fai could be like a hundred years old! He looks so young, hehehehe. :hehe:

I wouldn't be surprised if Fai was over a hundred years old.   ^_^

Mokona:  Whee!!   Happy birthday Fai! 
Sakura: It's Fai-san's birthday today? 
Kurogane:  What!?   He actually has a birthday!?
Syaoran:  Happy birthday Fai-san! 
Fai:  *smiles/grins*   Thank you!    Is this one of your Secret Techniques, Mokona?
Mokona:  Yes!  Number 35!   Birthday surprise attack!  *hearts hearts*
Syaoran:  Um, Fai-san?  You never told us how old you were going to be. 
Fai:  Can you guess? 
Sakura: 26! 
Mokona: 24!
Kurogane: ........Bah!   You're young!  That's all I'm gonna say! 
Syaoran: Uh, 27?
Fai:  None of the above!  I'm 264 years old now!   
Everyone: *stares* .............  O_o 
Everyone: Wh-------------at!?   
Fai: ....................................... .........................Just kidding! 
Everyone:  *falls onto the floor* 
Kurogane:  What the!?   You don't look the age at all!  *veins*
FaI:  No, not really.   I'm actually 146 years old!  *grins*
Everyone: *stares again* ....................
Fai: So, what did ya get me!?  Huh huh!?   You guys must have the best gifts ever!   *dances around* 
Everyone: *still staring*

(tg - thank you! It was a slow day today at work and I managed to read the first three volumes of xxxHolic as well (the joys of working in a bookstore, even if it is as of yet not very well stocked with manga))

You're welcome!   ^_^  Lucky, you work in a bookstore.  Even if your bookstore doesn't have a lot of manga, still....  It's paradise for many of us!    ^o^
O.o

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #174 on: July 23 2006, 10:05 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if Fai was over a hundred years old.   ^_^

Mokona:  Whee!!   Happy birthday Fai! 
Sakura: It's Fai-san's birthday today? 
Kurogane:  What!?   He actually has a birthday!?
Syaoran:  Happy birthday Fai-san! 
Fai:  *smiles/grins*   Thank you!    Is this one of your Secret Techniques, Mokona?
Mokona:  Yes!  Number 35!   Birthday surprise attack!  *hearts hearts*
Syaoran:  Um, Fai-san?  You never told us how old you were going to be. 
Fai:  Can you guess? 
Sakura: 26! 
Mokona: 24!
Kurogane: ........Bah!   You're young!  That's all I'm gonna say! 
Syaoran: Uh, 27?
Fai:  None of the above!  I'm 264 years old now!   
Everyone: *stares* .............  O_o 
Everyone: Wh-------------at!?   
Fai: ....................................... .........................Just kidding! 
Everyone:  *falls onto the floor* 
Kurogane:  What the!?   You don't look the age at all!  *veins*
FaI:  No, not really.   I'm actually 146 years old!  *grins*
Everyone: *stares again* ....................
Fai: So, what did ya get me!?  Huh huh!?   You guys must have the best gifts ever!   *dances around* 
Everyone: *still staring*

Cool, very funny, can you imagine their reactions if Fai is over a hundred years old...wait you already did! hehehehe! :hehe:

Embrace and kiss me

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #175 on: July 23 2006, 03:27 pm »
I get a mental picture of him throwing the first aid kit in Kuro's face. Dunno why...XD

Because than can actually happen XD

Offline Ying Hua

• Syaoran no Koibito
  • Super Fan
« Reply #176 on: July 23 2006, 06:35 pm »
Question please! *I'm sorry, but I'm too lazy to read all te other pages -__-"*

Will Syaoran ever be the same again? I loved his innocence and his.. uh.. attitude in TRC... I mean... his niceness... and... everything... *breaks down*

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #177 on: July 23 2006, 06:41 pm »
Question please! *I'm sorry, but I'm too lazy to read all te other pages -__-"*

Will Syaoran ever be the same again? I loved his innocence and his.. uh.. attitude in TRC... I mean... his niceness... and... everything... *breaks down*
acording to Real syao, no. even tho he IS trying to get his clone to remember Sakura, Our syaoran is gone forever :(
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Ying Hua

• Syaoran no Koibito
  • Super Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 23 2006, 10:10 pm »
*breaks down COMPLETELY* NOOOO!!! MY SYAORAN IS GONNNEEEE!!!

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #179 on: July 23 2006, 10:21 pm »
*breaks down COMPLETELY* NOOOO!!! MY SYAORAN IS GONNNEEEE!!!

There there, you'll always have the first 118 chapitres. Besides, we don't know that he's gone for good. We only suspect it to some degree. Afterall, there's still that pesky introductory scene with the glass tube to worry about.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster