AuthorTopic: Chapter 123  (Read 86488 times)

Offline Touei

• -gone-
  • Big Fan
Re: Chapter 123
« Reply #160 on: July 29 2006, 07:21 pm »
By the way, is anyone else getting sick of that "I have to get the feathers back" line being repeated every chapter?  @__@;;  And thus a comic ensues!

*falls off the chair laughing* Celesse = awesome.

Show content
Well, CLAMP's given us a way they can get the clone to return to being Our!Syaoran again, eventually. So, I doubt he's gonna get killed. Which is good.
But, I'm not sure he will turn back yet. The whole 'stealing Fai's eye' business probably needs to go somewhere, unless it's really just been put in to show character development and such in Fai, and give him some angst in the following chapters. Hhm D:

I'm starting to really miss the fluffy-ness now. We've had so many chapters of angst.. D: I hope that we do get some more fluffy-TRC-KuroFai-humour before the end, cause that was one of the things that makes Tsubasa so great~

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #161 on: July 29 2006, 07:21 pm »
LOL! I had to remind myself to read it left to right (I just stared and went Huh? when I read it the other way!) but wonderful!
:) That is why I did not get it when I did a hurried read half past eight in the morning! LOL!
  :rotfl: - s now doubly!

Show content
Well, CLAMP's given us a way they can get the clone to return to being Our!Syaoran again, eventually. So, I doubt he's gonna get killed. Which is good.
But, I'm not sure he will turn back yet. The whole 'stealing Fai's eye' business probably needs to go somewhere, unless it's really just been put in to show character development and such in Fai, and give him some angst in the following chapters. Hhm D:

I'm starting to really miss the fluffy-ness now. We've had so many chapters of angst.. D: I hope that we do get some more fluffy-TRC-KuroFai-humour before the end, cause that was one of the things that makes Tsubasa so great~
Show content
I agree that all the great dramatic build-up would be wasted if C!Syaoran reverts back in the next few chapters - perhaps after the fifth from now the timing would make more sense. Otherwise, I for one, would feel a little cheated since emotionally the last four chapters have taken a lot.
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Keri

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #162 on: July 29 2006, 07:56 pm »
*falls off the chair laughing* Celesse = awesome.

Show content

Show content
Or maybe they'll have Real!Syaoran accompany them on their journey to look after Clone!Syaoran so he doesn't kill anyone or eats anymore eyes, and they had the clone steal fye's eye just so we can tell them apart in the future :D (...XD). I really hope Clone!Syaoran doesn't get killed, I want him to turn back to normal and angst over everything he's done :D :P

Celesse, that was awesome! xD

Offline Sanmine

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #163 on: July 29 2006, 08:20 pm »
Show content
I agree with you too, Snow-chan. Although I think Clone!Syaoran will revert back, to have him do so too quickly would seem rather out of place with the timing so far. I'd like to see him stick around for a little while longer anyway.

LOL! That comic is great Celesse! Thanks for sharing.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #164 on: July 29 2006, 10:44 pm »
XDDD funny comic, the ending is awesome. lol!

just out of curiosity...
Show content
How near the conclusion of the whole story do people think we are?

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #165 on: July 30 2006, 12:13 am »
I asked the same question in the discussion thread for  chapter 122 and Rekall answered:
Show content
We have no clue.  All we know is that it's suppose to be longer than X which will have 21 volumes when completed.  But how much longer than X, CLAMP never said.
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
  • It is indeed the most delightful way.
« Reply #166 on: July 30 2006, 02:53 am »
Show content
How near the conclusion of the whole story do people think we are?
I'm going to get killed for this, but I hope pretty soon. I am so sick of the plotlessness that I hope it continues on at this pace for the rest of its time. (I want answers!) And I don't think it's got enough plot to sustain itself that long. So, yeah. But I doubt it.
Designated signature consumed by lack of creativity. Please stand by.

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 30 2006, 05:23 am »
I've a crazy idea...I think that ClonSyaoran will escape with Sakura because he can control Mokona with Fai's magic...besides, I think CSyao only wants Sakura for her feathers, not for love. now, you can kill me...^^ U

Offline xOLight_AngelOx

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 30 2006, 05:40 am »
you never know it could be true (don't kill me!)

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #169 on: July 30 2006, 08:20 am »
I've a crazy idea...I think that ClonSyaoran will escape with Sakura because he can control Mokona with Fai's magic...besides, I think CSyao only wants Sakura for her feathers, not for love. now, you can kill me...^^ U

Show content
*doesn't kill you for such a believable ideal*  *doesn't kill xOLight_AngelOx for believing your ideal*     That's what I'm thinking too, actually.  O_o  C!Syaoran is as powerful as his counterpart.   Since we now know he has the ability to alter Mokona's magic, he could most likely have the power to cross dimensions (more than once).   And I think it was pretty clear that C!Syaoran only wanted Sakura for the feathers.  That was his original progarmming to begin with.

If what you said did happen, I can picture that Kurogane will get answers right away from R!Syaoran who is now injured and must be properly taken care of.  The other problem is that Sakura's been kidnapped but how do you run into C!Syaoran again?   >_>
O.o

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #170 on: July 30 2006, 08:24 am »
thats an interersting idea,
Show content
but then the rest of the gang will be royaly screwed cuz they hav no mode of transportation nor a way to contact yuuko ^^;;
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #171 on: July 30 2006, 08:49 am »
thats an interersting idea,
Show content
but then the rest of the gang will be royaly screwed cuz they hav no mode of transportation nor a way to contact yuuko ^^;;

Actually, I don't think they would be totally screwed.   O_o 
Show content
I think C!Syaoran's just borrowing Mokona's power, in a way, like a transmission in the air.  You know cell phones operate by their waves going back and forth in the air, right?   This could apply to how C!Syaoran was able to interfere with Mokona's magic.   So, technically, that would mean that the remaining Tsubasa crew will still have Mokona.  It's just that, it will be very hard for them to follow C!Syaoran because Mokona will only send them to other dimensions by random (or wherever Yuuko sends them). 
O.o

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #172 on: July 30 2006, 08:52 am »
And then we have a new group!
Show content
The crazy adventures of Real!Syaoran, Kurogane, and Peg-leg Fai the pirate!

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #173 on: July 30 2006, 08:56 am »
Show content

XD I would so read that. Screw Sakura and Clone Boy. THAT is pure magic.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #174 on: July 30 2006, 09:04 am »
Show content
Fai: Arrrgh, Kuro-chan. You shiver me timbers!
Kurogane: Bastard!
R!Syaoran: Are they always like this?
Mokona: Hai! Kuro-wan and Fai always brought forth awkward moments!
Yes, I guess that would be awesome to read.

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #175 on: July 30 2006, 09:15 am »

That's exactly what I've been thinking. I'd like to see the group get split up again. More variety, you know? And clone!Syaoran + Sakura = creepy.

Show content

That would be awesome. They should bring Kamui and Subaru too, otherwise they can't get Seishirou's feather (well, they need Subaru, and Kamui will follow Subaru). Vampires + pirate/wizard + ninja + manjuu + kid with a sword...sounds good.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline wetheril

• New Fan
  • TRCholic
« Reply #176 on: July 30 2006, 09:34 am »
I just read Chapter 123, and I have been wondering about Subaru...

Show content
Since Subaru was supposed to be the cocoon, or inside of it, but a feather was inside; do you suppose that the feather was meant to keep Subaru alive? C!Syaoran cut it open and removed the feather. Do you suppose Subaru would die now that the feather is gone?

I don't know what's going on in the recent X to draw a good theory, but what do you guys say about this?

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #177 on: July 30 2006, 09:34 am »
That's exactly what I've been thinking. I'd like to see the group get split up again. More variety, you know? And clone!Syaoran + Sakura = creepy.

That would be awesome. They should bring Kamui and Subaru too, otherwise they can't get Seishirou's feather (well, they need Subaru, and Kamui will follow Subaru). Vampires + pirate/wizard + ninja + manjuu + kid with a sword...sounds good.

Hmm...but didn't Yuuko say that only with all of their payments it was enough for them to fulfill their individual wishes?  I'd imagine that Mokona wouldn't work if it's only two of them.

Offline wetheril

• New Fan
  • TRCholic
« Reply #178 on: July 30 2006, 09:38 am »
Hmm...but didn't Yuuko say that only with all of their payments it was enough for them to fulfill their individual wishes? I'd imagine that Mokona wouldn't work if it's only two of them.

I agree with this too. I don't think Mokona would go to other dimensions if it's not all four of them together, because they are the ones who paid the price.

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 30 2006, 09:40 am »
I just read Chapter 123, and I have been wondering about Subaru...

Show content
Since Subaru was supposed to be the cocoon, or inside of it, but a feather was inside; do you suppose that the feather was meant to keep Subaru alive? C!Syaoran cut it open and removed the feather. Do you suppose Subaru would die now that the feather is gone?

I don't know what's going on in the recent X to draw a good theory, but what do you guys say about this?

Spoilers for X
Show content
In X, Subaru wanted Seishirou to kill him.  But instead of that, because Hokuto put a spell on Seishirou that if he tried to kill Subaru in the same manner as when he killed her, it would come back at him.  So, Subaru in the end killed Seishirou.  Seishirou was kinda possessive of Subaru and didn't want anbody to kill him, only he could (which in the end, he obviously didn't). 

So I highly doubt that Subaru would let himself be killed by somebody other than Seishirou, yet alone some clone.  But it really depends on the circumstances of Seishirou's and his relationship in TRC, which we're still uncertain of. ^_^