AuthorTopic: Chapter 123  (Read 86081 times)

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
Re: Chapter 123
« Reply #220 on: July 31 2006, 11:47 pm »
Show content
And was Kuro talking about saving FAI in that "spoiler"? Or Syaoran?

O_O Good Question.*runs to reread 'spoilers'
Well...chibiyuuto's version says 'this guy' so I'm pretty sure he's talking about Fai...Yay?

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #221 on: July 31 2006, 11:53 pm »
Yeah. I think I'll remain skeptical on the issue of the spoilers...

Show content
Although the latter part would be nice...KuroFai moment. I wonder if Yuuko would sugest something like splitting Fai's magic between them in order to make the 'source' of Cloney boy's magic weaker? I dunno. I think I'm talking utter st00pid and making up theories. Woo woo.

--Edit--

FOOLISH SPOILER TAG!! *hits it*
« Last Edit: August 01 2006, 12:09 am by Becster »

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 01 2006, 12:05 am »
I hope those spoilers are correct. I'd even have the group splitting up (actually I don't really like the idea of
Show content
cloney running off with Sakura
) just for the KuroFainess after that. It'd just make me blissfully happy.

Show content
Maybe Fai in insinuating that he needs to kill himself, not that he's actually dying. And regardless of whether or not I'm putting any faith in the spoilers, I don't think Clamp will kill Fai before Ashura wakes up. We've had all this buildup to their relationship, and so a confrontation with Ashura is inevitable. We also needs Fai's past to be revealed. It would be rather anti-climactic if Fai were dead for all this, and Clamp understands the conventions of good storytelling. So, like I said in the chapter 120 thread *misses that thread to death* I don't believe Fai will be dying yet.

And was Kuro talking about saving FAI in that "spoiler"? Or Syaoran? *feels like such a wet blanket*

Show content
I also think that Fye isn't talking about dying from is injury but comitting suicide.
By the way, I quite like the idea of Fye's magic partially being his power to live. Like his life is directly linked to his magical power. Then it'd also make sense if Fye would be talking about dying from the loss of his eye.
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #223 on: August 01 2006, 12:35 am »
Show content
I also think that Fye isn't talking about dying from is injury but comitting suicide.
By the way, I quite like the idea of Fye's magic partially being his power to live. Like his life is directly linked to his magical power. Then it'd also make sense if Fye would be talking about dying from the loss of his eye.

Show content
Fai dying because of losing his magic? That's interesting.

The idea of Fai trying to kill himself and Kurogane asking Yuuko to save him is...weird. It doesn't seem an appropriate thing to try to get with a magic wish, nor does it sound like the kind of thing Yuuko could mess with. I mean, think of the internet-addict arc in Holic. The woman has to make up her own mind in a case like that, where she herself is fixated on something. The full price for Yuuko to grant that wish would be a large part of the woman's soul. It doesn't stand to reason that she'd be able to save someone from suicide without a similar price - both cases would involve changing something large within that person's mind.

I'm not believing the spoilers much, myself.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #224 on: August 01 2006, 12:44 am »
well, the previous spoiler did sorta come true...someone said something about something collapsing, and in this chapter one f the X people said "Its collapsing!!"

its quie a tastey spoiler. i cant wait to see if its true ^^
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #225 on: August 01 2006, 12:53 am »
Where are they getting these spoilers?I just stumbled to a journal who found this week's HOLIC spoiler. :O
1 post the spoiler in the xxxholic thread please ^^
2 maybe some staff member is being very sneaky? the editors or something (im pretty sure more than just the 4 ladies of CLAMP work on the manga) or the magazine publiser?
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
« Reply #226 on: August 01 2006, 01:13 am »
1 post the spoiler in the xxxholic thread please ^^
2 maybe some staff member is being very sneaky? the editors or something (im pretty sure more than just the 4 ladies of CLAMP work on the manga) or the magazine publiser?
1.Done!
2.Wouldn't put it past them-well, if it turns out to be accurate I would definitely be hunting for spoilers in future.

Now,back on topic-
Show content
If the gang does get split up do you think Clamp will divide the screen time equally? I'm scared they'll just give us little glimpses of Kuro&Fai like they did in Shurano. Don't fancy reading Cloney molesting poor Sakura either.

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #227 on: August 01 2006, 02:42 am »
Show content
Fye: No... If I continue to live... Syaoran's magic will live too, no one can stop him...

Aww...how cute!  CLAMP has a new plaything to torture!  Maybe this means they'll finally leave Subaru alone (Kamui alas still has to go through another 2 1/2 volumes of X).  I swear these women sit around crackling over what the evil things they get to do to certain characters.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline [~Dark Chocolate~]

• New Fan
  • I didn't have my coffee this morning -_-
« Reply #228 on: August 01 2006, 02:50 am »
I think that CLAMP is trying to stuff everything into one country ^^;
Only 3 more days ^-^ *sqeals excitedly >_<*

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #229 on: August 01 2006, 05:55 am »
The spoilers - well, some of it makes more sense than other bits, so I'd say I believe about half  of it.
Show content
The bit I have faith in the most is C!Syaroan taking off with Sakura.
Fai's "deathwish" (yep, it sounded more like taking his own life rather than dieing too) - very noble and all but somehow for me the way his magic works then does not make sense. The eyes would not strictly be then the source of his magic, would they not, if his death would cancel the magic while C!Syaoran holds half of the source. It would seem that either the true source is (as would be more logical) Fai's spirit; or that Fai's eye in Syaoran has retained some of its previous owner and would make it very much alike R!Syaoran's eye in cloney!
*head-spin*
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 01 2006, 06:07 am »
Well, all we can do now is wait. Wait and hope, in my case. Because for now I really hope those predictions do come true.

The spoilers - well, some of it makes more sense than other bits, so I'd say I believe about half  of it.
Show content
The bit I have faith in the most is C!Syaroan taking off with Sakura.
Fai's "deathwish" (yep, it sounded more like taking his own life rather than dieing too) - very noble and all but somehow for me the way his magic works then does not make sense. The eyes would not strictly be then the source of his magic, would they not, if his death would cancel the magic while C!Syaoran holds half of the source. It would seem that either the true source is (as would be more logical) Fai's spirit; or that Fai's eye in Syaoran has retained some of its previous owner and would make it very much alike R!Syaoran's eye in cloney!
*head-spin*

Hm, it does make sense to me. It's just that the magic dies when it's owner dies. Simple. Maybe he's not the source of the magic, but in my opinion it's only logical that his power is fed by his life energy. Without his life, his magic vanishes with him. If he died with both his eyes, his magical power would go out along with him. Or do you believe that the magic will be cursing still through his dead body? I think not.

So, have to go to bed now. Good night! (Or whatever time it is at yours.)

Oh, and by the way: 70th post! Yay!
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #231 on: August 01 2006, 06:14 am »
Interesting.   If they did split up...  If that spoiler did come true...  Yes, some of it was contradictory.  I shall wait until tomorrow night to spy on those Japanese Tsubasa BBS members.  Mwahah..   I know, one of them is bound to have a Shonen Mag. issue ASAP as usual.   And like chapitre 123, I'll be posting the very first two sentence spoilers for this up-coming chapitre (unless someone beats me to it).  ^_0

And if the scans all came out tomorrow night by Takadainmate, then, I'll probably post the whole translated summary from the Japanese BBS.   >_>    *starts to set up the chapitre 124 camp stie*
O.o

• New Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 01 2006, 06:19 am »
Interesting. If they did split up... If that spoiler did come true... Yes, some of it was contradictory. I shall wait until tomorrow night to spy on those Japanese Tsubasa BBS members. Mwahah.. I know, one of them is bound to have a Shonen Mag. issue ASAP as usual. And like chapitre 123, I'll be posting the very first two sentence spoilers for this up-coming chapitre (unless someone beats me to it). ^_0

And if the scans all came out tomorrow night by Takadainmate, then, I'll probably post the whole translated summary from the Japanese BBS. >_> *starts to set up the chapitre 124 camp stie*
ooh! if they do, please tell me where to get them *is not a very patient person *twitches**

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #233 on: August 01 2006, 06:21 am »
And if the scans all came out tomorrow night by Takadainmate, then, I'll probably post the whole translated summary from the Japanese BBS. >_> *starts to set up the chapitre 124 camp stie*

*brings the marshmallows, torches and wood for the fire*

Okay, who wants toasted marshmallows?

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #234 on: August 01 2006, 06:23 am »
*raises hand*

Me!

There better damn well be more Kurogane and Fai next chapter.  I miss them already. Clamp spoiled me with the last couple chapters.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #235 on: August 01 2006, 06:27 am »
Ah, sorry if I'm off-topic, but what is this Japanese board we're talking about? Can someone send me the link? ^_^;;;

(And I agree, Emiko-san... TT_____TT CLAMP spoiled us too much!! Now I want KF fluff all the time! Originally I was OK with at least once per volume, then I wanted a few times per volume, now I want it every chapter!! TT____TT)
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #236 on: August 01 2006, 06:31 am »
AkaiYuki... we are getting so spoiled XDDD

It's true. I used to be content with them just being around each other, and now I'm like "closer, dammit!!"

*sniff* But I guess we need the plot.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #237 on: August 01 2006, 06:37 am »
ooh! if they do, please tell me where to get them *is not a very patient person *twitches**
Ah, sorry if I'm off-topic, but what is this Japanese board we're talking about? Can someone send me the link? ^_^;;;

(And I agree, Emiko-san... TT_____TT CLAMP spoiled us too much!! Now I want KF fluff all the time! Originally I was OK with at least once per volume, then I wanted a few times per volume, now I want it every chapter!! TT____TT)

Patience... PATIENCE everyone!   :D   Hahah...  If you really want to know, it's this link.  ^_0  But this site isn't the source of the spoilers that chibiyuuto and his friend are gathering at this moment.  They're reading from a Japanese blog that I have no ideal where it's at.  >_>
O.o

• New Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 01 2006, 06:47 am »
Patience... PATIENCE everyone!   :D   Hahah...  If you really want to know, it's this link.  ^_0 But this site isn't the source of the spoilers that chibiyuuto and his friend are gathering at this moment. They're reading from a Japanese blog that I have no ideal where it's at. >_>
oooh thank you *hugs^^*

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #239 on: August 01 2006, 06:48 am »
Hm, it does make sense to me. It's just that the magic dies when it's owner dies. Simple. Maybe he's not the source of the magic, but in my opinion it's only logical that his power is fed by his life energy. Without his life, his magic vanishes with him. If he died with both his eyes, his magical power would go out along with him. Or do you believe that the magic will be cursing still through his dead body? I think not.

No I do not believe that, that would be silly. My thoughts were based on wondering if it was his magic or he was more like a conduit for a "universal" magic, made to his own (and therefore also making it different from say Yuuko's or FWR's) but springing originally from the same place as does all the other witches' and wizards' magic.  When I said the spoiler material did not make sense to me, I was purposing the latter; thinking that the eye would act then as the conduit for Syaoran (
Show content
even if Fai was not alive anymore
) but that the magic would not (and did not actually from the scene of C!'s sword and Mokona) come from Fai but from whatever spiritual plane the "magic enhabits" as an entity by itself.
I think it is too much fantasy-reading that makes me reason along certain lines - it can be both positive and negative.
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.