AuthorTopic: Chapter 123  (Read 86489 times)

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
Re: Chapter 123
« Reply #180 on: July 30 2006, 09:45 am »
Wow, what a group...grumphy ninja :angry:+half-blind wizard :icon_pirat:+white manjuu :icon_clown:+kid of a test tube :tard:+vampire :evil1:+misterious voice=Clamp :heh:

and...
wild boy :angry7:+pretty girl :binkybaby:=NIGHTMARE!

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #181 on: July 30 2006, 09:46 am »
I agree with this too. I don't think Mokona would go to other dimensions if it's not all four of them together, because they are the ones who paid the price.

R!Syaoran could travel in the place of C!Syaoran though. And technically, Sakura did not pay a price. She didn't make a wish, afterall.

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #182 on: July 30 2006, 10:26 am »
R!Syaoran could travel in the place of C!Syaoran though. And technically, Sakura did not pay a price. She didn't make a wish, afterall.

Sakura's memories of Syaoran were her price.

There is that technicality, I forgot. This is a long shot, but might Fei-Wong Reed transport them? Since he has his feather-gatherer now, and the feather-gatherer has the feather-container, could he interfere? Things seem to be going his way, since real!Syaoran hasn't been able to stop the clone. Or is this some point of Yuuko's interference with his grand plan (that he mentioned back in Chapitre 119)?
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #183 on: July 30 2006, 10:49 am »

There is that technicality, I forgot. This is a long shot, but might Fei-Wong Reed transport them? Since he has his feather-gatherer now, and the feather-gatherer has the feather-container, could he interfere? Things seem to be going his way, since real!Syaoran hasn't been able to stop the clone. Or is this some point of Yuuko's interference with his grand plan (that he mentioned back in Chapitre 119)?

Show content
I know that he referred to Seishirou as an interference from the Witch (ala his pact with her), as was Ashura in stopping his choosing of where they went.  I'm wondering if Kamui and Subaru will come into play in the same way, as we still don't know how they're traveling.

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #184 on: July 30 2006, 01:38 pm »

^___^  True, but Sakura did not pay her price yet.   According to XXXHolic volume 2 in the first chapter of the tankoubon, Yuuko has yet to take those memories from Sakura because Sakura has nothing to pay yet at the time of coming to Yuuko's shop......  (She was an empty shell, remember?  :wink:)

Show content
Yuuko: Four people are using Mokona Modoki to travel to other dimensions. Sakura is one of them, isn't she? Which means, that I'll have to take something from Sakura too.
Watanuki: Ah.
Yuuko: Sakura left the country without anything, so she has nothing valuable to give me. Also, her memories are scattered. Sakura's most important thing are her memories of Syaoran. About that... Indeed! The price that Sakura has to pay. During this trip, she is the one who needs Mokona Modoki the most, so her price is the heaviest.
O.o

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #185 on: July 30 2006, 01:46 pm »
I just read Chapter 123, and I have been wondering about Subaru...

Show content
Since Subaru was supposed to be the cocoon, or inside of it, but a feather was inside; do you suppose that the feather was meant to keep Subaru alive? C!Syaoran cut it open and removed the feather. Do you suppose Subaru would die now that the feather is gone?

I don't know what's going on in the recent X to draw a good theory, but what do you guys say about this?

Show content
Nah because CLAMP likes torturing Subaru (Kamui too for that matter) and they can't pick on him if he's dead. ^^
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #186 on: July 30 2006, 04:01 pm »
Of course clone!Syaoran has his own heart. It wouldn't be CLAMP if he didn't somehow or another. But anywho.

I want Subaru SO BADLY. Because he and Seishirou need to have lots of sex and then be godfathers to Hokuto and Kakyou's kids.

Add me to the 'Remember Hideki' Club. :-p

Oh yes, and...

Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #187 on: July 30 2006, 06:44 pm »
:laughing4:

I too expect the group to divide, in fact it has to
Show content
considering that C!S has Sakura now sleeping - his feather-piggy-bank so to say; and Kurogane has by now not only one, but two wounded guys to take care of/answer his questions. Plainly C!S is at the advantage since the others cannot keep up with him at the current moment and so I do expect him to go off with Sakura.
That way she (when she comes to once more) has a chance to start working on his not-as-yet-evident-growable-heart without the "distractions" of one very pissed-off guy and two cripples  :wink: glowering at his clony companion.
However I do not venture as of yet to a guess how the travelling between worlds part will then be handled by both companies. Kamui and Subaru should come to play, after all, if the latter forbid interference C!S taking the feather in this chapter, explanation should ensue as to what was the incentive and so on.
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #188 on: July 30 2006, 08:54 pm »
I'm going to get killed for this, but I hope pretty soon. I am so sick of the plotlessness that I hope it continues on at this pace for the rest of its time. (I want answers!) And I don't think it's got enough plot to sustain itself that long. So, yeah. But I doubt it.

hhmm I guess. answers would be good right now ^^; I'm getting fustrated with all the twists and turns, still, makes it more exciting in a way ^_^
though answers would help my brain more ^^;;

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #189 on: July 30 2006, 09:21 pm »
Oh yes, and...

Oh gods, noooooes!
Kuro-chan, grab Fai and run! The silly brainless fangirls are bound to say it atleast once more!

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #190 on: July 30 2006, 09:56 pm »
Of course clone!Syaoran has his own heart. It wouldn't be CLAMP if he didn't somehow or another. But anywho.

I want Subaru SO BADLY. Because he and Seishirou need to have lots of sex and then be godfathers to Hokuto and Kakyou's kids.

Oh yes, and...

Hokuto and Kakyou would be such awesome parents...*dreamy sigh*

Added you! Thank you for joining!  :greengrin:

...Yes, yes, yes he will. Please fanpeople, think of Fai's eyes.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #191 on: July 30 2006, 10:42 pm »
Awww, I totally lmao! :XD:

And I wanna join the Hideki Pity Party too! Go, Hideki! *waves a flag*
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #192 on: July 30 2006, 11:01 pm »
Hokoto and Kakyou as parents...

Hokyou spawn 1:  Uncle Seishirou, if you're going to pin Uncle Subaru to a wall you'll need to dress him up in this outfit first, so it's easier to remove with one hand.
Hokyou spawn 2:  Uncle Seishirou, do you want to borrow my ribbons, too.
Hokuto:  HohohoHOhoho!  Sei-chan, you go!  Subaru, ganbatte!
Kakyou:  Children, stay out of the Sakurazukamori's dreams.  Wait, we're in Sumeragi-san's dream...

Love the comic!

EDIT

Okay, I've just watched the TB OAV's (because who can resist young Subaru with alive Hokuto and scheming Seishirou).  And it's reminded me of a few things about Subaru.

I can't imagine Subaru (even a vampire Subaru) using anyone for his own means or benefit.  If he wanted Syaoran to take the feather then it was likely for Syaoran or Sakura's own good, and not for his own means.  Subaru is the most selfless person who has ever exisited and has done very little for himself (even at the extent of almost being killed).  He was going to let someone stab him just to make that person feel better, so I don't think he would use Syaoran, Sakura or the feathers, certainly not just to dimension hop.

In fact, I very much doubt if the dimension hopping thing was Subaru's idea anyway.  I think that it's more likely that Kamui forced them both to leave whatever world they were from.  Kamui mentions that Subaru gave Seishirou his blood, so I suspect that Kamui removed Subaru from Seishirou (for his own good? through jealousy?) and ran.  I don't think Subaru makes a very good vampire, either.  Subaru probably refuses to feed off of anyone (maybe Kamui hunts for him and forces Subaru to eat) and maybe that is why he was weak enough to fall victim to the feather and fall into a continuous sleep (weak from low blood levels and ready to be taken over by the feather's power).
« Last Edit: July 31 2006, 02:18 am by selenityshiroi »

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #193 on: July 31 2006, 02:08 am »

Oh yes, and...

*dies laughing*
That was great! And yes, people need to stop saying it's CCS!Syaoran because he used CCS techniques XD

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #194 on: July 31 2006, 07:39 am »
Show content
Nah because CLAMP likes torturing Subaru (Kamui too for that matter) and they can't pick on him if he's dead. ^^

Yeah it's like:

Mokona Apapa: I have a wonderful idea for an ADORABLE picture of Kamui all bloody and suffering, isn't the angst cool? I just need a reason to put it in the manga
Nanase Ohkawa: I love the idea Mokona! *stars to write something about Fuuma going crazy in TRC too*
Mokona: And Subaru?
Nanase: right! *writes something about Seishirou*

Kamui and Subaru: O__O…
Crazy Fangirls: YAY!

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #195 on: July 31 2006, 09:46 am »
I'm sorry if this sounds a bit stupid, but I haven't read that much of Clamp's mangas (only about 5 series of them) and well, I was wondering from what manga are Subaru and Kamui from? Everyone talks so muchof them... :hehe:

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #196 on: July 31 2006, 09:47 am »
I'm sorry if this sounds a bit stupid, but I haven't read that much of Clamp's mangas (only about 5 series of them) and well, I was wondering from what manga are Subaru and Kamui from? Everyone talks so muchof them... :hehe:
they both are from both Tokyo babylon and X/1999
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #197 on: July 31 2006, 10:04 am »
they both are from both Tokyo babylon and X/1999

Technically, Subaru is from both Tokyo Babylon and X, but Kamui is only from X.

They are very pretty, CLAMP really likes to toture them, and they have many fangirls. Also, they have psycho boyfriends. And 'shipping wars in X fandom. I like to think of them as the posterboys of angst.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 31 2006, 10:24 am »

Okay, I've just watched the TB OAV's (because who can resist young Subaru with alive Hokuto and scheming Seishirou). And it's reminded me of a few things about Subaru.

I can't imagine Subaru (even a vampire Subaru) using anyone for his own means or benefit. If he wanted Syaoran to take the feather then it was likely for Syaoran or Sakura's own good, and not for his own means. Subaru is the most selfless person who has ever exisited and has done very little for himself (even at the extent of almost being killed). He was going to let someone stab him just to make that person feel better, so I don't think he would use Syaoran, Sakura or the feathers, certainly not just to dimension hop.

In fact, I very much doubt if the dimension hopping thing was Subaru's idea anyway. I think that it's more likely that Kamui forced them both to leave whatever world they were from. Kamui mentions that Subaru gave Seishirou his blood, so I suspect that Kamui removed Subaru from Seishirou (for his own good? through jealousy?) and ran. I don't think Subaru makes a very good vampire, either. Subaru probably refuses to feed off of anyone (maybe Kamui hunts for him and forces Subaru to eat) and maybe that is why he was weak enough to fall victim to the feather and fall into a continuous sleep (weak from low blood levels and ready to be taken over by the feather's power).

Show content
I agree with this, he is one of the most selfless characters I've ever seen, he lost a bit of that from the incident with Seishirou.  But if he wasn't tramatized in TRC like in Tokyo Babylon, his personality should be his kind selfless self.  I think he does have something up his sleeve, although nothing harmful.  He was trying to wake up Sakura to save Syaoran after all.  Although it would be highly repetitious on CLAMP's part, could he possibly try to go inside Syaoran's heart and bring him back like he did Kamui and that girl in TB?

For visual reference:

Kamui left, Subaru right - from one of the more recent illustrations of them together, well recent for X. >_>

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #199 on: July 31 2006, 10:36 am »
Show content
I agree with this, he is one of the most selfless characters I've ever seen, he lost a bit of that from the incident with Seishirou.  But if he wasn't tramatized in TRC like in Tokyo Babylon, his personality should be his kind selfless self.  I think he does have something up his sleeve, although nothing harmful.  He was trying to wake up Sakura to save Syaoran after all.  Although it would be highly repetitious on CLAMP's part, could he possibly try to go inside Syaoran's heart and bring him back like he did Kamui and that girl in TB?

Show content
Well, the problem is not that Syaoran is within his heart, but that Syaoran's heart is out of him, so I don't see how that method could be effective.

Subaru is trying to help Sakura and Syaoran somehow, but I don't have a clue what his plan is.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster