CLAMP's Famous Works > Season 2

[TRC Arc 2] Episode 14: Black Steel

<< < (12/20) > >>

kuromori:
I liked this episode a lot actually. It's probably the best one that we've seen this season. (though it would seem that it doesn't take much) I don't believe that Bee-train is necessarily bad, sure they make poor choices, but they're also responsible for so many fans joining the fandom.  Speaking for myself, I probably would have never bothered with it until I happened to come across the first season about a year ago, and from there I got into the manga.

The anime must be taken with a grain of salt. It's not going to be perfect, it's not going to please every one, they're just trying to entertain and make some money while they're at it. Also, no one is being forced to watch it, every one views at their own risk. If the anime destroys  the series for you, the answer is simple, just don't watch it.  Anime   is never meant to be an exact replica of a manga. A different media requires a different method of story telling. And while we might not agree with what they do, there isn't a whole that can be done about it. They're going to do what they're going to do, and it's up to us to watch it or not.

I would also like to throw in this little tid bit:

I am currently showing TRC to one of my male friends, who has never seen the manga. He's just as far long as the subs are now, and when he talks about it, it sounds like he's not missing anything in particular. He still managed to get a lot of the things, we manga readers did. Fay's darkness, Kurogane's Gentleness, and so on... He thought the Chii ep wasn't a pairing but a showing of a fatherxdaughter bond...  He also notices the KuroxFayness (which makes me happy! He's such a good boy!)

So while we might be upset about the changes here and there, it doesn't seem to detach from the heart of the story. Anime isn't made just for the manga readers, it is made to bring a story to a broader audience. But the Japanese manga fans are not forgotten about either. In Japan slight changes in an anime adaptation of a manga are generally very well received. Who really wants to watch something that they've already seen?? (I'm not speaking for every case... just in general)

Forgive my boldness in this post, I just kinda felt like it had to be said... I shall go back and hide behind a rock and run away from the bricks. ^_^

Emiko:
Hyuu! Well said, kuromori-san! Well said!

Though it's no secret that I am not entirely happy with some (most of) Bee Train's decisions, I really don't mind things being changed in theory. The Holic anime people have made a few changes that I enjoyed (the Zashiki Warashi introduction was different, but I really enjoyed it.) In fact, I like fillers in general. It gives us a chance to see something new, and it doesn't take away from the manga. However, I just don't like the way Bee Train handles the story as a whole.

You probably could get most of the essential story and underlying weight from watching the anime alone, but I think it's safe to say that you get much, much more from the manga. The main problem I have with the anime is that it seems to scratch away a lot of the depth that was present in the manga, almost too much. You get the bare minimum with the anime.

Also, the fillers have been rather lacklustre.  There are ways to make fillers that benefit the series as a whole, but Bee Train really hasn't done this (the doodle episode was awesome, though XD).

Your post was interesting, kuromori-san, and I agree with you for the most part. I think I might have enjoyed the anime a bit more had I not read the manga first. Though I don't think I would have liked the trucker episodes, no matter how much of a manga virgin I was.

But, in an attempt to remain OT: <3 Little Kuro-rin was so cute. Kuro-daddy was sexy. The whole Kuro-family makes me want to hug something. :3

kuromori:
Yeah... the trucker eps were special... *sweatdrop* But I kinda look at this way... aren't filler eps just animated Fanfiction? I'm sure a good portion of us read fanfics, and don't complain nearly as badly as we do  about a filler ep. Just like there are good fanfics and bad fanfics, there are good fillers and bad fillers. (Only Bee-train makes money either way....)

Sailor Yue-chan:

--- Quote from: kuromori on July 31 2006, 01:58 pm ---Yeah... the trucker eps were special... *sweatdrop* But I kinda look at this way... aren't filler eps just animated Fanfiction? I'm sure a good portion of us read fanfics, and don't complain nearly as badly about a filler ep. Just like there are good fanfics and bad fanfics, there are good fillers and bad fillers. (Only Bee-train makes money either way....)

--- End quote ---
seems like it. i swear thats how they got a fai-chi ep O_o

as for kurofai...TRC isnt just about sakura and syaoran. this isnt "CCS part 2" the interactions with kurogane and fai are very important. heck, i did not become a kurofai fangirl UNTIL i read the manga. you oughta see the complaint i made int the kurofai forum on ff.net. i was so POed that there was little to no non-kurfai fics :sweatdrop: boy have i changed, thanks to the manga.

the anime makes it seem like kuro REALLY hates fai, like in the outo ep, with the oni fight. i roginilay thogut that kuro loathed fai from that ep. i didnt see the meaning behind his words till i read the manga :cry: perhaps he'll have it before waking up to have his little chat with kuro about what he saw.

IG shoulda gotten the anime. they did the movie right? at first i didnt like the movie cuz the animation was diferent from the anime. looking back, only a few desinges need to be fixed...fai and syaoran's eye color for one thing. movie fai looks more like his manga counter part than anime fai does. anime fai has the perfect eye color, but movie fai has the hair

anyways, to the ep, it was really good. i hope that the rest of the arc, and this season are this quality or better. they REALLY need to have syaoran have the nightmare. [spoiler=recent manga]the nightmare is what tricks us into thinkiong that the other syao is evil. ^^;; when in fact he's a good person[/spoiler]

kuromori:
Hehe maybe it was the Yaoi fangirl deep down inside of me, but I paired those two together almost right away. From watching the anime I never once thought that Kurogane hated Fai... Having been into anime for ten years now I've seen his character several times, and in several different ways. The strong bad *** that doesn't understand true strength... but deep down... he's just as frail as any one else...  And Fai struck me as the boy that pulls on the little girl's pig tails because he doesn't know how else to express the fact that he likes her.

My friend picked up on the KuroxFayness a little bit in the beginning... but then the bar scene in Otou is what did it to him. He actually likes the couple, and finds them interesting and highly entertaining. ( it's so nice having a guy friend that's not like...EWW Gayness!! and he also doesn't get the KuroxTomo pairing.... so much love for that boy)

Yes, Bee-Train takes away a lot of the KuroxFay fuzzy moments.... and I do agree that TRC isn't CCS2... and Bee-Train doesn't make a lot of good choices, but they're doing what they can. It would be nice if IG had gotten it, but they didn't. So we're stuck with what we have. I will continue to watch the anime, but consider it a separate entity from the manga.

And no matter how you look at it... it would seem that it's impossible to correctly animate most CLAMP works... I mean look at X (TV) That was one of the first cases where I choose to stop watching, rather than view.... *shudders*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version