AuthorTopic: Chapter 124  (Read 82759 times)

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
Re: Chapter 124
« Reply #140 on: August 03 2006, 08:42 am »
omg!! This chapter is... ahhhhh!!!!

Show content
FAI!!!!!!!! NOOOOO, I started crying. I thought he died in second to last page... but he's only unconscious, it seems. If he's not treated fast, he'll die! Even Mokona is begging for help from Yuuko.

For non-Japanese speakers, here's what happened:
Show content
When Syaoran tries to go into the portal, Sakura begs him not to go, but he brushes her off. Subaru wakes up and says "I made you wake up at the most paintful time..."(Subaru doesn't say "I", but you know how Japanese don't have pronouns..) Kamui comes, Subaru apologizes to him for making him worry and Kamui tells Subaru that they have to go before "he" comes, but Subaru says no, to wait.
And here comes Kuro. He asks R!Syaoran about the symbol on his chest, and R!Syaoran says it's symbol of the person who killed his mother. Kuro get's POed and is about to attack but Yuuko tells him to wait. Yuuko tells Kuro that R!Syaoran was captive of the one who killed Kuro's mother and R!Syaoran doesn't know where he was(where he was being held captive).
Mokona tells Kuro of how Sakura, R!Syaoran and Fai are all injured, and Kuro tells Yuuko to tell him everything later.

The glasses-person(sry, dont know the name) treating Fai says it's impossible, Mokona asks what she means. The glasses-person explains that Fai's eye was pretty much ripped out. Ordinarily, a person  would have died from shock in the he is in situation. There isn't enough medicine either, and there is no doctor. Satsuki-chan is medical student but to do operation would be difficult. Tearful Mokona asks what would happen to Fai. Everyone's grim silent (you know what that means, Fai would die) Realizing what the silence means, Mokona calls on Yuuko, begging for help, telling her Fai is dying, but Fai says no, not to help him. Fai says if he stays alive, so would his magic(his magic in C!Syaoran). Even if it's onlly half, it's too powerful for C!Syaoran, and he would become unstoppable. Then very angry Kuro. He angritly comments on how Fai is just giving himself up. Despite Mokona telling him not to, Kuro grabs Fai, who tells him "sorry" and loses consciousness. Then Kuro says "Witch, is there a way to help him" and Yuuko says "There is"

Okay, that wasn't short but should tell you everything that happened
OMG THANK YOU FOR THAT SUMMERY!!

<-- still only on page 2 ^^;;
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #141 on: August 03 2006, 08:52 am »
Translation is up now.

Hmm... am I the only one who thinks Kurogane pounding a hole in the *cement* wall is a little ridiculous? And I'm also not a doctor, but... how  would performing surgery help Fai recover from *shock* from losing his one eye? Okay.. I really have no clue about that last one, but I wonder if CLAMP really does either. Reality sacrificed for a little drama, ne? ^^;;;

Tsubasa Subaru is super cute, although he *does* look rather like a girl (but he did in TB too), it's nice to finally see him.
« Last Edit: August 03 2006, 09:11 am by Pikari »

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #142 on: August 03 2006, 09:07 am »
i think she meant that the bleeding would be hard to stop.

Show content
also, the way fai said that CSyao would be unstoppable with just half his magic, proves that he is EXTREMLY powerfull, when fully empowered
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #143 on: August 03 2006, 09:07 am »
Of course it will.  This chapter had Subaru.  SUBARU!  That's FAR more important than Syaoran ripping Fay's eye out.  :wink:
Show content
yeah, i loved that sad, tired smile he had. it had to be real close to a REAL smile for him.

heh, looks like another chapter is flying to ch 120'as proportions XD its only day 1 and were on page 7!

Well, this is a big Kuroxfai moment
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #144 on: August 03 2006, 09:16 am »
Translation is up now.

Hmm... am I the only one who thinks Kurogane pounding a hole in the *cement* wall is a little ridiculous? And I'm also not a doctor, but... how would performing surgery help Fai recover from *shock* from losing his one eye? Okay.. I really have no clue about that last one, but I wonder if CLAMP really does either. Reality sacrificed for a little drama, ne? ^^;;;

Tsubasa Subaru is super cute, although he *does* look rather like a girl (but he did in TB too), it's nice to finally see him.

Wai!  Pikari, we love you so much!  Your translations are always so clear and understandable.

I think they mean closing the wound when they talk about surgery (after all, it's not like you can just sew the eye shut and have it still look pretty-which is obviously the first concern in a Clamp story :grin:)

And I suppose that the entire world is crumbling to dust, so Kurogane had a headstart with the wall (although it was rather cheesy).

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #145 on: August 03 2006, 09:25 am »
subaru looks like a girl...if beetrain makes it to this point, they BETTER not do what they did to ashura :shifty: it was plausable with ashrua cuz ashura is asexual, but doing that to subaru will piss off all TB and x fans, ne?

any ways, thans for the translations and cleaned scans.
Elenath  & selenityshiroi your arts are awsome.! i LOVE the colored page ^^
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #146 on: August 03 2006, 09:26 am »
Wai!  Pikari, we love you so much!  Your translations are always so clear and understandable.

I think they mean closing the wound when they talk about surgery (after all, it's not like you can just sew the eye shut and have it still look pretty-which is obviously the first concern in a Clamp story :grin:)

And I suppose that the entire world is crumbling to dust, so Kurogane had a headstart with the wall (although it was rather cheesy).
True, true. ^^ (although if there's no eye left what else can you do but sew the eye shut? o_O Oh, never mind my ramblings....) And I didn't mean to come off as nothing but bashing the chapter. All KuroFai love (and touching and grabbing) is always more than welcome, and this was definitely one of the more interesting chapters of late. I'm curious what CLAMP is going to come up with for Yuuko's 'price', though. I have this weird sense suddenly that I've read this fanfic before... ^^;; Ah, well... if it gets us more pretty pictures of Kuro holding Fai..... or more splash pages like that one....

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 03 2006, 09:34 am »
Well, Subaru was mistaken as a girl a few times in Tokyo Babylon, so it makes sense that he looks like one. XP

Show content
Although if I think about it, when Seishirou lost his eye he was in a hospital.  Subaru was also taken to a hospital right away after he lost his, although he was close to death as well.  Fai doesn't have that convenience, sadly. D:

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 03 2006, 09:40 am »
subaru looks like a girl...if beetrain makes it to this point, they BETTER not do what they did to ashura :shifty: it was plausable with ashrua cuz ashura is asexual, but doing that to subaru will piss off all TB and x fans, ne?

any ways, thans for the translations and cleaned scans.
Elenath & selenityshiroi your arts are awsome.! i LOVE the colored page ^^

(thank you for the art comment)

If Beetrain make Subaru a girl I swear I will WALK to Japan (holding my breath underwater) with a sledgehammer and crowbar and remove their existance from the planet!  Although, by the time I've walked there I'm sure the thousands of native Japanese Subaru fans will have taken care of the problem for me.

Yeah, Subaru looks soft and potentially feminine but he is not a girl, Beetrain, and, yes, his true love is male!  He had to look a little like a girl to make sure that Hokuto was identical without being butch!  Any lipstick that comes anywhere near him had better be because Hokuto has made an appearance and is trying to make him look pretty for Sei-chan.

Offline wetheril

• New Fan
  • TRCholic
« Reply #149 on: August 03 2006, 09:56 am »

They also don't have appropriate equipment for supportive care, which is quite important other than just the surgery itself. If a few stitches would take care of it, I doubt Fay would be in critical condition. But look at the copious amounts of blood!! I read somewhere that anime characters have 10 liters of blood, as opposed to the 5 liters that an average person has. XD

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #150 on: August 03 2006, 10:03 am »
Been out of town for two weeks....GAH!  This is almost better than DisneyWorld! EEP!
Show content
I wonder if Yuuko will take Fai's magic away?  If he wants to die so it won't exist anymore...

Offline [~Dark Chocolate~]

• New Fan
  • I didn't have my coffee this morning -_-
« Reply #151 on: August 03 2006, 10:08 am »
Been out of town for two weeks....GAH! This is almost better than DisneyWorld! EEP!
Show content
I wonder if Yuuko will take Fai's magic away? If he wants to die so it won't exist anymore...
gasp! I'm going to disneyworld in two weeks 0_0! please say they have internet access o_0!

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #152 on: August 03 2006, 10:39 am »
In spoiler tags for spoilers and space reasons...

Show content

I'm too happy to do/say anything. I'm not kidding, I'm so happy my heart actually HURTS from the freakin' HAPPY. o.o

First of all, I love Tokyo Babylon and X. If it weren't for them, I'd never have gotten into CLAMP, and if it weren't for Seishirou showing up in Outo, I never would have gotten into Tsubasa.

For Subaru to show up, is the moment I have been waiting for since volume 6 of Tsubasa was released in Japan, and for Subaru and Seishirou to reunite is something I've been waiting for since volume 16 of X was released in Japan. And I KNOW that will be happening in Tsubasa soon.

Basically, I am so happy right now, I could cry. Now, for SeiSu fangirling.

KYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Oh my GOD!! I can't believe it!! Subaru is even more beautiful now than he was in Tokyo Babylon! (Which I didn't even think was possible!) He looks EXACTLY how I'd imagined he'd look!!! I. LOVE. SUBARU. Ha ha, it's so funny to watch Kamui getting all snuggly to him when Subaru doesn't exactly seem interested, though! XD I'm sure the reason Subaru wants to wait to leave so badly is because he secretly wants Seishirou to catch up to them so he can show Kamui where his interests truly lie! XD

Now, for KF fangirling.

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Oh my GOD!! *launches thirty canons loaded with pineapples* If THAT wasn't CANON I don't know WHAT was!!!! Kuro punched the freaking WALL in because he was so upset with Fai! O.O (*cough* Impossible.. But whatever, CLAMP.. *cough*) Heh, maybe the wall was made of styrofoam...

Fai was so beautiful in this chapter, and I've never seen Kuro show this many emotions! Not since the chibi Kuro chapters! Also, KF fangirls, notice anything?

The words at the front of the chapter say that Kuro now understands the reason he fights? Hmmm, what could THAT mean? ^______________________________^ *CANOOOONNNNNN*

*cough* And could there have BEEN more butt grabbing in this chapter? Jeez... Kuro grabbin' Fai's, Kamui reaching for Subaru's... (Yeah, that's right, Kamui. Just because you're doing it in the background doesn't mean we can't see you.)

And that concludes my longest post ever. *bows*
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline starprov356

« Reply #153 on: August 03 2006, 10:47 am »
I definitely cannot wait for a translation of this chapter!

Show content
Much as I want to scream "CANON" with a lot of other people, I don't really think there's justification for it even now.  But with the translation . . . * crosses fingers *.  Wow, I can see why everyone was waiting for Subaru to wake up.  I wonder if the twins will join them now.  And, as predicted, Clone!Syaoran has gone back to FWR.  I had so hoped CLAMP would do something different than that because it is a pretty predictable close to this encounter.  Oh, I just can't wait, for a translation, or the next chapter, or ANYTHING.

Offline xOLight_AngelOx

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 03 2006, 10:50 am »
*just saw the chapter* GAH!!!!! *came late*

Show content
i feel sorry for Sakura, she tried with all her might to stop Syaoran (or clone... WHATEVER) *sob, sob*. where could clone|Syaoran be headed next... to Fei Wong Reed perhabs or somewhere else? i don't know jappenese but jugding from Fai experession, he looks kinda guilty. i wonder if now Fai will be wairing an eyepatch (like Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist). hmmmmmm that would pretty wierd and funny XD

ok i need to see the translation right now i can't take it!!  :XD: :XD:

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #155 on: August 03 2006, 10:55 am »
Well, it's not like they've never had a canon pairing before, so they do make things official...like Touya/Yukito is canon. I can be iffy about calling pairings canon even when I love them and see huge amounts of stuff that screams "canon" to me (like...Fuuma/Kamui). I'm overly cautious, I think.

Fuuma and Kamui are canon, Nanase and mokona said it in an interview.
« Last Edit: August 03 2006, 11:14 am by Yersi Fanel »

Offline mizunotsubasa

• Good Fan
  • ny icon
« Reply #156 on: August 03 2006, 11:03 am »
I think the price will be
Show content
either his eye or his hatred for FWR for killing his mother. what do you think?

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #157 on: August 03 2006, 11:05 am »
I won't put this in a spoiler tag, since this, after all, is the 8th page.

Finally something happens. The last two or so chapters have seemed somewhat dull to me. Poor, poor Fai... I love it when my favourite characters suffer. You know... there is a possibility that Yuuko isn't referring to herself when she says that there is something that might help him, right? I figure that with such a cliffhanger before the next chapter, CLAMP can't just do the Yuuko trademark again - they need something unexpected. Imagine how it'd be if...

Kurogane: Is there really no way to help him?
Yuuko: ...There is.
Kuro: *leans forward*
Yuuko: ... And that is...
Kuro: *almost trips over. Same with readers*
Yuuko: ...it is...
Kuro/readers: ...!
Yuuko: ... You pay me a price to fix it! ^^
Kuro/readers: ... Couldn't you have said that right away? -__-

Maybe Kuro will have to do something ultra-dangerous and macho-heroical? Something involving the acid rain, mayhaps? Ah... dunno in what way the rain could be useful, but it's all my sleepy brain can think of at the moment.

First, being asexual means that one does not have a sexual drive and/or romantic attraction (it has been debated whether asexuality means lacking both, or just one of the two). Ashura however might be either intersexual (being born with both male and female physical sex characteristics, or something that defines as neither), intergender (identifying as neither male nor female or a bit of both), or possibly just androgynous. Second, I really don't think the lipstick was that horrible, seeing how they compensated it with giving Ashura are very male-looking way of moving.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline xOLight_AngelOx

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 03 2006, 11:06 am »
I think the price will be
Show content
either his eye or his hatred for FWR for killing his mother. what do you think?
it could be possible

Offline mizunotsubasa

• Good Fan
  • ny icon
« Reply #159 on: August 03 2006, 11:08 am »
Subaru is so sweet,
Show content
I like it when he was holding Sakura, he so sad to see Sakura is so much pain of losing Syaoran*clone*. I wonder what he would have done if he got there earlier.
Gonna go make some icons out of this chapter. I can't wait to see the 3 colour pages next week.