AuthorTopic: Chapter 124  (Read 82342 times)

Offline [~Dark Chocolate~]

• New Fan
  • I didn't have my coffee this morning -_-
Re: Chapter 124
« Reply #220 on: August 04 2006, 02:38 am »
wow! so many pages! and such wonderful artwork! so wait, can we forget the spoiler tags now or what?

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #221 on: August 04 2006, 02:45 am »
I am guessing that Kuro's price will either be something to do with his home or his strength.

Logically thinking, these two things seem to be the most important things to Kuro (besides his personal relationships, of course: Fai, the kids, Tomoyo, etc.). Also, if Kuro lost some of his strength, it would mirror Fai loosing some of his magic. Up 'til now, it's been pretty obvious that Fai and Kuro are both much stronger than Syaoran. So, by taking away their strength, plot-wise, this will make Syaoran emerge as the 'hero' at the end, since he won't have anyone elses' strength to fall back on.

I mean, Kuro's price isn't going to be small. Doesn't Yuuko say "The weight of taking another life is heavy enough to crush a person" in Holic? It follows that if taking away a life has a heavy price, then saving or restoring a life must have an equally weighty price.

@moonlight_shine: Yeah, I think it's safe now. Both the translation and scanlations have been posted, so anyone venturing further is probably looking for spoilers.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

• New Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 04 2006, 02:48 am »
if the price is steep enough, do you think that kurogane will still pay it?

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #223 on: August 04 2006, 02:51 am »
I think so. Why would he ask if he wasn't prepared to pay a steep price? Why would Clamp even bring it up only to have Kuro go "oh, nevermind, then."

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #224 on: August 04 2006, 02:52 am »

He wouldn't have asked if he wasn't deadly serious. It's not in Kurogane's nature to ask for something, especially from Yuuko, of all people, if he didn't mean it. I am guessing he is resigned because there is nothing else he can do. I think he will probably end up paying what Yuuko asks.

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 04 2006, 02:52 am »

I think so. This is Kurogane, remember? Imagine the scene:
Yuuko: Your price is ...!
Kuro: ... Hell, no! *stomps off*
Fye: *dies*
Everyone: O___O!

wow! so many pages! and such wonderful artwork! so wait, can we forget the spoiler tags now or what?

I'll leave the spoiler tags away now since everyone who looks into this thread should by now have read it or is prepared to be hit with spoilers since this thread is only about what happens in 124.

I am guessing that Kuro's price will either be something to do with his home or his strength.

Logically thinking, these two things seem to be the most important things to Kuro (besides his personal relationships, of course: Fai, the kids, Tomoyo, etc.). Also, if Kuro lost some of his strength, it would mirror Fai loosing some of his magic. Up 'til now, it's been pretty obvious that Fai and Kuro are both much stronger than Syaoran. So, by taking away their strength, plot-wise, this will make Syaoran emerge as the 'hero' at the end, since he won't have anyone elses' strength to fall back on.

I mean, Kuro's price isn't going to be small. Doesn't Yuuko say "The weight of taking another life is heavy enough to crush a person" in Holic? It follows that if taking away a life has a heavy price, then saving or restoring a life must have an equally weighty price.

@moonlight_shine: Yeah, I think it's safe now. Both the translation and scanlations have been posted, so anyone venturing further is probably looking for spoilers.

Well-roared, lion. (A saying from Germany :keke:) You're putting it pretty well and thinking of Yuuko's words is right - "her" rules are for everyone, also in another world. So, I'm pretty curious what it will be. Let's hope CLAMP are not cruel enough to make the next chapter about Cloney's amazing adventures in FWR's wonderland.
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

• New Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 04 2006, 02:56 am »
awww, you guys have a point^^.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #227 on: August 04 2006, 02:58 am »

Well-roared, lion. (A saying from Germany :keke:) You're putting it pretty well and thinking of Yuuko's words is right - "her" rules are for everyone, also in another world. So, I'm pretty curious what it will be. Let's hope CLAMP are not cruel enough to make the next chapter about Cloney's amazing adventures in FWR's wonderland.

*Has never heard this saying before*

*Loves it*

XD Lots of things Yuuko says will probably come back to haunt the Tsubasa group, I think. In that way, the two series' are connected in more ways than one.

I hope we find out what the price is. It's likely that Clamp could start the chapter after the deal has already been struck, with Fai recovering, but we won't learn what the price is until later. Since Kuro might not be eager to tell anyone he did such a thing. XD

Emiko's Forum Family

• New Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 04 2006, 03:03 am »

*Loves it*

XD Lots of things Yuuko says will probably come back to haunt the Tsubasa group, I think. In that way, the two series' are connected in more ways than one.

I hope we find out what the price is. It's likely that Clamp could start the chapter after the deal has already been struck, with Fai recovering, but we won't learn what the price is until later. Since Kuro might not be eager to tell anyone he did such a thing. XD
hmmm . . . that is an interesting idea, and very possible^^;
But I personally hope that we find out exactly what price he has to pay^^;

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 04 2006, 03:05 am »

*Loves it*

Cool you like it :haha: I love English sayings like "one beer short of a sixpack" and such.

Oh, and I'd keel CLAMP if they did what you predicted >.<"

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 04 2006, 03:08 am »
hmmm . . . that is an interesting idea, and very possible^^;
But I personally hope that we find out exactly what price he has to pay^^;

Oooh, I have another idea!

Fye wished to be on top for once and asked Yuuko for it. Yuuko got help from C!Syaoran who acted and took Fye's eye which is actually Fye's payment for her. As a result, Kurogane pays a price to Yuuko to save Fye. The price? Letting Fye have the top tonight. Yeah :XD:

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

• New Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 04 2006, 03:10 am »

Fye wished to be on top for once and asked Yuuko for it. Yuuko got help from C!Syaoran who acted and took Fye's eye which is actually Fye's payment for her. As a result, Kurogane pays a price to Yuuko to save Fye. The price? Letting Fye have the top tonight. Yeah :XD:
lol^^. that would get them nowhere*I think -_-*

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #232 on: August 04 2006, 03:11 am »

That's a pretty steep payment for being on top XD

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #233 on: August 04 2006, 03:20 am »
I agree that Kuro's price is never going to be able to return to Japan.  He would still be complaining about wanting to go home if it wasn't for knowing FWR was involved in his mother's death.

Plus by not having him be able to return home means that Fye and Kuro can stay together at the end of the series instead of having Kuro return to Japan and having Fye do who knows what since he can't go back to Celes.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #234 on: August 04 2006, 03:56 am »
His price could be giving up his revenge on FWR (but then, I've been reading Yami no Matsuei recently, and it sounds like Hisoka having to forget his revenge on Muraki and focus on saving Tsuzuki in Kyoto).

Offline quimmy

• Everybody! Do the canon dance! <(*.*<)
  • Big Fan
  • <3
« Reply #235 on: August 04 2006, 04:15 am »
Mmmmuh! I know the punching the wall thing was incredible cheesy, but I couldn't help it, I squeed. xDD I love the emotion in this chapter!! But you know CLAMP are going to keep us hanging on for longer, and since there's a break after 125 you know 125 will have some HUUUGE cliffhanger. >.<

I think that the eye theory about Kuro could come into play now. If he gives up his eye wouldn't that dampen his fighting ability somewhat? Afterall, it's easier to fight with both eyes than just one. At the start of the series we could see that strenght was the most important thing to Kurogane, it'll show how much he's changed though if Yuuko takes something else from him.

Subaru is just beautiful. *____* It makes sense why CLAMP decided to have Kamui as his twin rather than Hokuto, the three of them look too alike and it'd be confusing enough, but it's still sad, Hokuto was so cool. >.>

*does the Canon dance*

Thanks babypiggy for the set!! <3

Inside an endless conflict
The man has begun to  understand
The reason he fights

Forum Family
| Big Sister - Time Machine |
| Little Sister- babypigggy |
| Twin sister - Starfire |
| Pet Kitties (nyaa!) - hoshisenshi - Jeanette |
<3<3<3<3

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #236 on: August 04 2006, 04:58 am »

Heh, that might be a better theory than what clamp actually comes up with. Kind of a high price though, when a few bottles of sake might have done the trick and gotten Fai tops. XD

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 04 2006, 05:09 am »
I agree that Kuro's price is never going to be able to return to Japan.  He would still be complaining about wanting to go home if it wasn't for knowing FWR was involved in his mother's death.

Plus by not having him be able to return home means that Fye and Kuro can stay together at the end of the series instead of having Kuro return to Japan and having Fye do who knows what since he can't go back to Celes.

Yeah, that'd make me blissfully happy. The mere thought of them both traveling through the worlds forever, only having one another (and maybe Mokona :XD:) makes we want to squee and dance!

Mmmmuh! I know the punching the wall thing was incredible cheesy, but I couldn't help it, I squeed. xDD I love the emotion in this chapter!! But you know CLAMP are going to keep us hanging on for longer, and since there's a break after 125 you know 125 will have some HUUUGE cliffhanger. >.<

I think that the eye theory about Kuro could come into play now. If he gives up his eye wouldn't that dampen his fighting ability somewhat? Afterall, it's easier to fight with both eyes than just one. At the start of the series we could see that strenght was the most important thing to Kurogane, it'll show how much he's changed though if Yuuko takes something else from him.

Subaru is just beautiful. *____* It makes sense why CLAMP decided to have Kamui as his twin rather than Hokuto, the three of them look too alike and it'd be confusing enough, but it's still sad, Hokuto was so cool. >.>

*does the Canon dance*

XDDD Canon dance, that's a cool idea :D But I think if CLAMP take another eye now, they overdo it a little. At least I think so. Nah, taking Kuro's chance of getting home is much, much better because it serves the KuroFainess more :wink:

Heh, that might be a better theory than what clamp actually comes up with. Kind of a high price though, when a few bottles of sake might have done the trick and gotten Fai tops. XD

Heeeheeeheee, looks like it. But have you noticed how they drank all night in Yasha and both were pretty clear still the next morning? I bet everything that night was an attempt of Fye's to get tops but he had to discover that Kuro just has no limit in terms of gulping down bottle after bottle of alcohol. ^_~

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #238 on: August 04 2006, 05:45 am »
Wahhh.. I want so badly to know the price, too.. But I hope it isn't something predictable.. -__- That'd suck... But I mean, what else is there? What other than things we can guess could it possibly be?! O.O SURELY it won't be his own life, since that'd be stupid. If it's a memory thing, I wouldn't like that either since that's too close to what S/S had to do in the beginning..

But if it is for him to never return to Japan again, that seems predictable, too! >_< But knowing CLAMP, they probably have something thought up that none of us could ever guess. XD

I sure hope it's a decision he can make fast, though, because that'd suck if Fai died while he was deciding! XD

Yuuko: Your price is ()&%_(*@^#!
Kuro: o.o Whoa, that's... pretty steep... Let me think about it...
Fai: *dies*
Kuro: Sure! I'll do it!
Everyone: Uhhh... O.O
Yuuko: OK! ^_^ *takes payment and leaves really quickly*
Kuro: *turns and sees Fai* Wait, what the-!
Everyone: *runs away*
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #239 on: August 04 2006, 06:06 am »

If the price was Kurogane's eye, then, there's some balance into the group but I'd have to agree with Kjesta that maybe, the whole eye thing is over-doing it.   I wouldn't be surprised if Kurogane either gave Fai his own eye or gave his other eye to Yuuko.   >_>

Yuuko: Your price is ()&%_(*@^#!
Kuro: o.o Whoa, that's... pretty steep... Let me think about it...
Fai: *dies*
Kuro: Sure! I'll do it!
Everyone: Uhhh... O.O
Yuuko: OK! ^_^ *takes payment and leaves really quickly*
Kuro: *turns and sees Fai* Wait, what the-!
Everyone: *runs away*

Haha...  Funny!    Poor Kurogane... 
AkaiYuki gave me inspiration.  :D   (Which also helps kill time for next week's chapitre.)

Kurogane:  Witch...  Is there anyway to save this guy?
Yuuko:   ....There is.
Kurogane:  What is it? 
Yuuko:  It's....
Everyone: *stares in anticipation* 
Yuuko: ...that you must make me latte with lots of cream! 
Everyone:  Wh---at!? 
Mokona:  That's right!   Mokona remembers now!  Yuuko loves latte with extra cream! 
Kurogane:  You.   Witch.  Stop playing!   I don't know what "lat-te" is!   
Yuuko:  Then, that's too bad.    *hologram fades* 
Kurogane:  Hey!  @##@$#@$ wtich!!  Come back here!      -_-
Fai:  Kuro-rin... I don't think...  *dies*   
Kurogane:  *grabs Mokona and shakes him hard*  Witch!!   I'm not done with you yet!!
Mokona:  Kyaa!  Stop!   Kurogane's making Mokona have a tummy ache!  >_<

Colour pages are always a bonus though. Thanks tg.

You're welcome.  ^_^;;
O.o