AuthorTopic: The ongoing saga of CLAMP no kiseki  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
The ongoing saga of CLAMP no kiseki
« on: August 05 2006, 10:44 pm »
This really is getting me upset. For those in the U.S. collecting the CLAMP no kiseki series, TOKYOPOP stopped the series after the 6th issue and never released the 7th issue as they decide on how to release the remaining 6 issues. However as far as the rest coming out this year, don't hold your breath:

As far as we're concerned here in the office, it's already October now, so if they were coming out in December, that would be great! Unfortunately, it's not true, and no decision has yet been made when volume 7 actually will come.

Sorry.

I am truly disappointed in this and for those collecting them for the chess pieces, this isn't good. I'm glad I bought all the Japanese chess pieces otherwise I'd may be even more angry over this development.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
Re: The ongoing saga of CLAMP no kiseki
« Reply #1 on: August 06 2006, 02:55 pm »
Ohh. Urgh. Thanks for that unfortunate bit of information, Arcademan. My bookstore doesn't even carry past volume 3. >< Buying it from Japan sounds like a good idea.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 07 2006, 02:23 am »
The killer in all this...the 7th volume of CLAMP no kiseki was the Chobits issue!!!

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #3 on: August 07 2006, 05:14 am »
Yergh... that does stink. Weird thing is, I just got an e-mail from amazon.com offering me Volume 7 at a discount. XD I don't want to buy the Japanese versions, since I have scans, so I guess I'll just wait for the translations- I already have four of the translated volumes. Ah well- it will be a while till I get my Kurogane and Fai chess pieces, but I do have my Seishirou and Subaru chess pieces to make me happy.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 07 2006, 07:02 am »
That is odd...since Volume 7 in English DOES NOT EXIST!!!

BTW for those who don't know, since I'm associated with TOKYOPOP, I'm getting firsthand info on this situation and will report any news or changes as they occur.

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #5 on: August 11 2006, 08:11 am »
Jinkies, this explains a lot, as to the lack of Kiseki at my local Borders. ^.^; Thanks for the info.

Indeed, this is a bummer.... half a chess set isn't quite the same as a full one, hm?
Suppose I'll head to ebay, to snag those last few sets. (or, at least, 11 and 12, in all its TRC-glory. ;) )
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 25 2006, 10:36 pm »
Though some sites are saying there is an October and/or December release of CLAMP no kiseki, TOKYOPOP is officially on record in stating it will NOT be out by the end of the year. They have already put out their manga released for September thru December with no CNK listed. Sorry.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 05 2006, 01:41 am »
No new updates on the U.S. version however the French version is still going strong. Their chess pieces are in a small bag container instead of a big box and sells roughly for US $18.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 03 2006, 03:47 am »
In many cases, no news is good news however not with CLAMP no kiseki. Still no official release for Book #7 in the United States.

Offline mia-chan

• Good Fan
  • S+S forever until Syaoran meets me!
« Reply #9 on: October 03 2006, 03:54 am »
Hey would you say that it would be worth it to buy these? In the UK I can buy them off Amazon.co.uk for 15 pounds, that's almost 30 dollars, I think.
Do you think they will come with the chess pieces? As it doesn't mention them in the information.
I

The Blushing Couple!

My Forum Family
Oneesan - Cherry-chan

If anyone wants to make me a proper signature and avatar, you're more than welcome. Hint hint! (just PM me)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 03 2006, 04:02 am »
Hey would you say that it would be worth it to buy these? In the UK I can buy them off Amazon.co.uk for 15 pounds, that's almost 30 dollars, I think.
Do you think they will come with the chess pieces? As it doesn't mention them in the information.
I

In the United States, the magazines retail for $29.99 EACH with the chess pieces included. As far as cost, this was one of the biggest gripes about the English series since the magazines are only 32 pages long, most of the pics were already shown in CLAMP North and South Side artbooks. If you're really fond of CLAMP and want all the chess pieces, go for it however in the U.S. don't hold your breath on getting them all.

All 12 have been released in Japan since I already have all 36 chess pieces :)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 25 2006, 11:20 pm »
Here's the latest news on the Cnk from TOKYOPOP:

I wish there were a status update to give, but unfortunately there's not.

This really sucks!!!

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 19 2007, 09:59 am »
Here's the latest news on the Cnk from TOKYOPOP:

I wish there were a status update to give, but unfortunately there's not.

This really sucks!!!

Finally...CLAMP no kiseki #7 will be released in June 2007 in a repackaged set by TOKYOPOP. The cost will most likely be $19.95 ($10 off the original cost) however there's no current info on what the new packaging looks like. Stay tuned for more information as I learn more. Thanks.

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #13 on: April 20 2007, 08:21 am »
They're altering the packaging? That's kind of weird. Maybe they'll modify the boxes so they save a little bit more paper than their predecessors. ;) I remember my father being skeptical when I purchased them, for how such a big box held such small chess pieces.

I'm so glad they're printing again, though. I'll finally get my hands on those Tsubasa pieces in the later volumes. :D
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 20 2007, 09:57 am »
They're altering the packaging? That's kind of weird. Maybe they'll modify the boxes so they save a little bit more paper than their predecessors. ;) I remember my father being skeptical when I purchased them, for how such a big box held such small chess pieces.

I'm so glad they're printing again, though. I'll finally get my hands on those Tsubasa pieces in the later volumes. :D

Not 100% sure yet but I believe they are eliminating the box entirely. A book with a solid backing with the chess pieces all shrinkwrapped together. When I learn more, I'll post more info on it ;)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 02 2007, 01:56 pm »
UPDATE:
The package may appear in a special plastic container. Here's the official release info:

Volume 7 - Product Info
 MSRP: $19.99
Pages: 32
ISBN: 1-59532-611-1
EAN: 978-1-59532-611-9
Item #: TPBK-32611
Date: 06/12/2007

Genre:
- Fantasy
- Romance CLAMP: the world-famous manga collective known for such fantastical works as Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits and CLAMP School Paranormal Investigators. To honor CLAMP's 15th anniversary, CLAMP no Kiseki: The Ultimate Collection features full-color pages, exclusive material, 6 pages of new, never-before-seen manga, and limited-edition collectible figures! This volume features an in-depth look at Chobits, Wish and Suki. Bonus chess pieces include: Chi(Chobits), Mokona-Modoki, Akira Ijyuin(Man of Many Faces).

Introduction
CLAMP: the world-famous manga collective known for such fantastic works as Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits and CLAMP School Paranormal Investigators. To honor CLAMP's 15th anniversary, CLAMP no Kiseki: The Ultimate Collection features full-color pages, exclusive material, 6 pages of new, never-before-seen manga, and limited-edition collectible figures!

CLAMP no Kiseki is produced in extremely limited quantities and is available ONLY at Waldenbooks & Borders bookstores and comic book shops nationwide!

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 08 2007, 10:48 am »
Guess what?!!

Sorry guys, I'm sorry to report that everything has been pushed back a month. The printer we were planning on using didn't work out, so we went back to the old press and this delayed our proofs process. So vol. 7 will now come in July instead of June, with the remainder of the volumes following every two months.

A month delay but the prints of the book look good. Guess we'll have to wait again.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 26 2007, 10:31 am »
TOKYOPOP Forum: CLAMP no kiseki Thread Post #176

Umm... it's been delayed another month now, to August.

But we're working on volume 9 already...

First it's delayed for almost 2 years, then finally they say June, then pushed back to July, and now August?!! ME NOT HAPPY!!!  :shifty: