AuthorTopic: Chapter 125  (Read 164581 times)

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
Re: Chapter 125
« Reply #520 on: August 22 2006, 05:02 am »
They didn't say it directly nor did they hinted that they won't do KuroFai. Me and my friends were there, we didnt' hear anything like that. Stop spreading misleading statements. No offense but i just don't want someone to spread false information so the  fans of KuroFai will be disappointed if they think it's real.

Ohkawa was blushing and asked "Does the cheering means there's a huge demand for this?". There were fangirls cheering everywhere. So i guess they acknowledge the apparent fact that most of the fans in the panel are INTO KuroFai, which is a good thing.

I was there too, and I'd have to agree with xxxholic. To the best of my memory, they did NOT say that it was in the fan's heads. (In fact, I typed up the whole script in my livejournal of the panel from what I remembered a couple days after.)

However, this has actually been argued earlier, and all in all it's a lost case. Mainly because neither the people who say it was in the fans heads nor those who say CLAMP affirmed KuroxFai at the panel have physical proof, since no one was allowed any recording devices. It all depended on memory, which can be affected by numerous things like bias towards KF or a bias against shounen-ai.

Err, anyway, back on topic... I can't wait till Wednesday!! It's been a lo~ng break! *keels over*

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #521 on: August 22 2006, 05:29 am »
About what CLAMP said and didn't say... I wasn't there myself, but I have to say that no matter what they have in store for the relationship between Kurogane and Fai, to blatantly give away what is (not) going to happen - that is, saying it's all in the fans head... I can't imagine them doing that, even if it was the truth. They're professional storytellers, they've had to deal with fans for quite some years, and thus they should know that not giving a definite answer will make their readers even more eager to continue reading - and buying - their work.

I mean, if I were a member of CLAMP, and someone asked me about whether Fai and Sakura will ever ditch the others in declaring their undying love for one another,  I would just go "mayyybe..." to that, too. Never "stupid. That's never going to happen, can't you understand that by yourself?". Makes sense, no?
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #522 on: August 22 2006, 05:42 am »
CLAMP has absolutely no reason of telling us what will be the outcome of their story,because imagine that under the pression they confirm that Kurogane and Fai would end up together,all the kuroFai girls would collapse of happiness,but in other hand all the disclaimers of this couple and supporters of the KuroTomoyo and FaiChii pairing would lose all interest on the manga,so CLAMP will lose fans,readers,and money  :sweatdrop:!
this is no good to be too talkative sometimes  :keke:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #523 on: August 22 2006, 06:09 am »
I think what needs to be remembered about the AX interview was it was only those who were already anti-Kuro/Fye who reported CLAMP saying it was all in the fans heads.  There have been many more reports (from both Kuro/Fye fans and neutral parties) that support what hoshisenshi and xxxholic said above.

However no one is 100% sure what was said due to the fangirl screaming that was going on when that question was asked, expect once again for the anti-Kuro/Fye people who were positive CLAMP said it won't happen.  I personally find it funny that the anti-Kuro/Fye people could hear so well when no one else could and am amazed that fans actually believed their reports when there are so many other reports that contradict them.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #524 on: August 22 2006, 06:17 am »
Yes, it's true. It was like those non Kuro/Fai supporters have super long ears or something. In my opinion I believe they did not said that it was all in the fans heads, after all, like Tatasenko said, they would loose fans...especially those who are Kuro/Fai supporters. So I think that Clamp didn't told anything, nobody likes somebody who spoils ending!

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #525 on: August 22 2006, 06:22 am »
yeah,i remenber that CLAMP's answer to the question about the relationship between Kurogane and Fai,was that Fai was actually in a rough spot,and nobody heard what they said next  :sweatdrop:.
this tremendous ordeal that Fai has to overcome is definitely the scene that we are reading since chapter 120 about his transformation to a vampire to survive,and the fact that CLAMP gave us this kind of accurate response meaned that they intended to put a major hint of yaoi between the two  :okay:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #526 on: August 22 2006, 06:30 am »
Yes, I beleive Fai and Kurogane will end up like Touya and Yukito in CCS. In fact there is a lot of resemblence, Touya gave his power to save Yukito, kinda like Kurogane gave some of his blood to save Fai.

yeah,i remenber that CLAMP's answer to the question about the relationship between Kurogane and Fai,was that Fai was actually in a rough spot,and nobody heard what they said next  :sweatdrop:.
this tremendous ordeal that Fai has to overcome is definitely the scene that we are reading since chapter 120 about his transformation to a vampire to survive,and the fact that CLAMP gave us this kind of accurate response meaned that they intended to put a major hint of yaoi between the two  :okay:

So, no one heard what they said next, after their explanation on Fai's rough spot? *sigh*

Embrace and kiss me

Offline mellie

• New Fan
« Reply #527 on: August 22 2006, 06:34 am »
CLAMP is very good at teasing their audiences, though. We know this from CCS and Gohou Drug.

Whether they will put Kuro and Fay in an actual romantic or sexual relationship is not certain, but they have obviously brought them closer.

But then again, that's what they're good at. They're good at teasing without ever actually admitting (I believe they did not actually say Touya and Yukito were gay, but that they did have strong feelings for each other, which is not the same thing.) A lot of it is left up to fan interpretation, which is part of the fun.

When they do couples, they make it pretty blatantly obvious that there is a couple there. Hints are thrown at us to confuse us. I tend to stick with the save bet: unless they blatantly say "so and so are a couple" I just consider it part of their teasing. (Not that I would mind Kuro x Fay, because I think they'd make a really good couple, and I do like to write fanfiction for them, but until it's made official, I won't insist it is.)
I made my little avatar (and kuromori's too). Please don't steal them. I'd be sad.

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #528 on: August 22 2006, 06:45 am »
But then again, that's what they're good at. They're good at teasing without ever actually admitting (I believe they did not actually say Touya and Yukito were gay, but that they did have strong feelings for each other, which is not the same thing.) A lot of it is left up to fan interpretation, which is part of the fun.

When they do couples, they make it pretty blatantly obvious that there is a couple there. Hints are thrown at us to confuse us. I tend to stick with the save bet: unless they blatantly say "so and so are a couple" I just consider it part of their teasing. (Not that I would mind Kuro x Fay, because I think they'd make a really good couple, and I do like to write fanfiction for them, but until it's made official, I won't insist it is.)

I still think Kuro/Fai is weird, for acouple, but I learned to love it. And like I said before I think Clamp will do the same like in CCS.

Embrace and kiss me

Offline mellie

• New Fan
« Reply #529 on: August 22 2006, 08:08 am »
I still think Kuro/Fai is weird, for acouple, but I learned to love it. And like I said before I think Clamp will do the same like in CCS.
I wasn't disagreeing. They make psuedo relationships without all out claiming it's a relationship, like in CCS ^_^
I made my little avatar (and kuromori's too). Please don't steal them. I'd be sad.

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #530 on: August 22 2006, 08:11 am »
True! ^O^

Embrace and kiss me

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #531 on: August 22 2006, 09:16 am »
I had to laugh at this. If you're reading some sort of spoilers on Youtube/forum or whatever, you could have tried and easily dodged it knowing it's some sort of spoiler. i have done that plenty of times. And considering you said that the person told the whole completely story of what happened the last few chapters, it's not his fault you sticked around and read everything. It's YOUR own fault. And i'm glad you deleted your message in which you yelled at him.

My own fault? Sorry but I already read the chapters before reading this. This was not my fault =p. Oh, and don't double post either.

Nothing more? Not as lovers? And where's your proof? I'm sorry but maybe you shouldn't have said it as if it's an official decision by CLAMP. No one knows in this point. But there are more information and convincing evidences that depict Kuro and Fai's relationship are going beyond friendship and their relationship is more than just that. All we have to do now is to wait for a confirmation. So saying misleading statements, again, is really ignorant.

I may be wrong about this, but from my reading experiences I see no love between them. I see serious conversations between them sometimes, just to balance it out with their opposite personalities which is great, because they both point out each other's problems n such. Overall I can total it up to a bunch of teasing and sometimes fighting together. I don't see how you'd consider that "something more" but maybe that's just the way you like to think of love. As for the current chapter of the blood thing, I can only see it as Fai's only way to survive. They'll have a closer relationship indeed, but what? They're gonna be completely in love now that they realized that's the only way for one of them to survive? Kurogane seems to like reading those magazines with that girl on it from the Kudan world too. That can be thought as both ways though. What am I saying? KuroFai is definitely all fan-based material. Feel free to give examples of their "closer' relationship also. Don't use the ones I used though =p.

3.) In TRC is there a theme of black and white, or yin and yang, or opposites attract with Kurogane and Fai? Is there a possibility of this pairing becoming official? (fans cheer)

O: [laughs] Does the cheering mean there's a desire for this pairing? [laughs] Well, we made Syaoran the main character and he's still developing and maturing, so we wanted him to have adult companions. Kurogane is the one who is seen as 'black' and Fai as 'white.' Kurogane lives up to his name and likes to wear mostly black, and he is more straightforward, while Fai is more mysterious and represents white. And right now in the more recent Japanese chapter, Fai is in a tough spot....

All I can see is that they cleared up the yin-yang pairing thing as NOT something they thought of. But as some people said, they don't like to spoil things. So who knows? But from this I can say that they're perhaps hiding something. Great type up btw hoshisenshi.

However, this has actually been argued earlier, and all in all it's a lost case. Mainly because neither the people who say it was in the fans heads nor those who say CLAMP affirmed KuroxFai at the panel have physical proof, since no one was allowed any recording devices. It all depended on memory, which can be affected by numerous things like bias towards KF or a bias against shounen-ai.

Yes, the earlier posts already cleared this up. I see no reason why you should bring it up again. It's hard arguing with a bunch of girls that are crazy about this >_>.

« Last Edit: August 22 2006, 09:32 am by Syaozen »
Koko ni ite

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #532 on: August 22 2006, 09:38 am »
My own fault? Sorry but I already read the chapters before reading this. This was not my fault =p. Oh, and don't double post either.

I may be wrong about this, but from my reading experiences I see no love between them. I see serious conversations between them sometimes, just to balance it out with their opposite personalities which is great, because they both point out each other's problems n such. Overall I can total it up to a bunch of teasing and sometimes fighting together. I don't see how you'd consider that "something more" but maybe that's just the way you like to think of love. As for the current chapter of the blood thing, I can only see it as Fai's only way to survive. They'll have a closer relationship indeed, but what? They're gonna be completely in love now that they realized that's the only way for one of them to survive? Kurogane seems to like reading those magazines with that girl on it from the Kudan world too. That can be thought as both ways though. What am I saying? KuroFai is definitely all fan-based material. Feel free to give examples of their "closer' relationship too. Don't use the ones I used though =p.

3.) In TRC is there a theme of black and white, or yin and yang, or opposites attract with Kurogane and Fai? Is there a possibility of this pairing becoming official? (fans cheer)

O: [laughs] Does the cheering mean there's a desire for this pairing? [laughs] Well, we made Syaoran the main character and he's still developing and maturing, so we wanted him to have adult companions. Kurogane is the one who is seen as 'black' and Fai as 'white.' Kurogane lives up to his name and likes to wear mostly black, and he is more straightforward, while Fai is more mysterious and represents white. And right now in the more recent Japanese chapter, Fai is in a tough spot....

All I can see is that they cleared up the yin-yang pairing thing as NOT something they thought of. But as some people said, they don't like to spoil things. So who knows? But from this I can say that they're perhaps hiding something. Great type up btw hoshisenshi.
Excuse me, but just think for a second- if Fai were a woman, would you have ANY doubts that Kurogane and Fai were attracted to each other and meant to be a romantic couple?

And nobody has said that they were 'now completely in love' -because- Kurogane decided to save Fai's life like he did. Kurogane decided to save Fai's life -because- he loved him.

I think it's fairly obvious that your real problem with this is that you have a bias against homosexuality. That, however, is YOUR issue and no one else's, and no amount of logical explanation or evidence will change anything in your mind until you decide to let it. On a personal note, a 'bad experience' is no excuse for your bias against all homosexuals and homosexuality. As a lesbian and a woman, I've had plenty of bad heterosexual experiences, such as men hitting on me in ways that I certainly don't appreciate. And many women and men have had far worse heterosexual experiences than I can claim. Therefore, my advice is to get over your issue.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #533 on: August 22 2006, 09:44 am »
Kurogane saved his life because he loved him? Well I certainly didn't see that. Anyone would want to save a travelling companion who's been through a lot with them. I think of it as saving Fai to not let his efforts go to waste by trying to stop the clone Syaoran. Any other things aside from that, well I can say bonds but not love. Kurogane knew Fai is better than that. He didn't want him dying in such a weak way. Matter of his pride? Yeah that's exactly what I believe.

And so what if Fai was a woman? What if Kurogane was a woman too? What if they were all women? Get my point? "Ifs" are kinda out of the blue here.

No I'm not against this because I'm "anti-gay" or whatever you claimed me to be. I'm not basing it on a past experience either. I'm saying this because this is what I think of it. Any problems with an opinion?
Koko ni ite

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #534 on: August 22 2006, 09:48 am »
I may be wrong about this, but from my reading experiences I see no love between them. I see serious conversations between them sometimes, just to balance it out with their opposite personalities which is great, because they both point out each other's problems n such. Overall I can total it up to a bunch of teasing and sometimes fighting together. I don't see how you'd consider that "something more" but maybe that's just the way you like to think of love. As for the current chapter of the blood thing, I can only see it as Fai's only way to survive. They'll have a closer relationship indeed, but what? They're gonna be completely in love now that they realized that's the only way for one of them to survive? That can be thought as both ways though. What am I saying? KuroFai is definitely all fan-based material. Feel free to give examples of their "closer' relationship too. Don't use the ones I used though =p.

You don't see KuroxFai. That's cool, but don't go around saying that they 'definitely' aren't couple material. THAT isn't cool. The only people who can really say that is Clamp. Even if you don't see it, or believe it it will be canon, lots of other people do, so you're only going to offend people by saying such a thing.

And as to the blood thing, a lot of people are looking at the meaning BEHIND the action, not the action itself. It's all well and good to argue that it was the only thing that could be done to save Fai, but the fact of the matter is Fai didn't want to be saved. He wanted the group to let him die. Kuro was so adamant about not letting this happen that it was almost selfish of him in a way to force Fai to live when he didn't want to. The fact that Kuro was so desperate to save him, even when he didn't want to be saved, shows that they do, in fact, have a deep connection. Kurogane is willing to tie his life to Fai's, unhesitatingly asks Yuuko, whom he'd shown a great aversion to in the past, to save him. In so many words, it's implied that he'll do ANYTHING to save him. Even for a friend, that's a pretty intense thing. To tie your life to someone elses' forever? To literally hold their life in your hands and be responsible for them your entire life? I think that's a hugely significant thing.

And Kuro and Fai are changing primarily because of each other. Admittedly Syaoran and Sakura have contributed to this change as well, but the most significant relationship for both of them among the group is the one they have with each other. Kurogane is the one who is trying to learn more about Fai, and in that way has involved himself with him. Fai, additionally, has begun to open up as a result of this prying (chapter 112) . I think that they are slowly changing because of the other's influance.

Anyway. You don't see KuroFai, that's fine, but I do see them as more than friends. If they don't end up with each other, I can't see them ending up with anyone else. Can you imagine what that would be like now that they're blood-bonded? How can you mentally give yourself to someone else in such a state? And you have to wonder why Clamp would put them in such a situation if they intended to give them other love interests. Even if you don't want to look at them as a romantic couple, they connect on such an intense level that I can't really call it 'just friendship'.

Eh, didn't they say that Kuro and Fai WERE intended to be 'black' and 'white'? I don't think that the fact that the question "so there's a fan desire for this pairing?" was asked in any way means that Clamp has never thought of it. You can take this question in many ways, and it could be that Clmap was just testing the water, seeing how the American fans felt. Even if they don't  plan on making it canon, I don't believe they're completely oblivious to the pairing. It's Clamp, after all, and they're the ones who made Kuro and Fai mommy and daddy. XD

Kurogane seems to like reading those magazines with that girl on it from the Kudan world too.

In that one omake, wasn't the inside of Kurogane's manga shown? With the comic inside clearly being a shounen comic and featuring a male, ninja-like character?

It's hard arguing with a bunch of girls that are crazy about this >_>.

I don't see anyone going "OMG STFU KF ISH LUV!!!11!" on your ***. I think everyone who responded is being perfectly logical in defending a pairing that they support. If you don't want to argue, don't post rude comments. There are ways to politely express an opinion, and you're not coming across like that.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #535 on: August 22 2006, 09:55 am »
And what about the people who say they "definitely" are couple material? Some people could think of that as "not cool" either. It's just a bunch of opinions clashing, I see no reason to get heated about this >_>. If you don't like the way I or others think of it then that's not my problem.

Good evaluation to the blood thing, but I can't put my feelings on it in words quite yet =/.

As for the manga, the inside was shown, showing that he liked it because it was all ninja stuff. But there's obviously something more since they had girls on most of the covers. Shows that it was male-reading material. As I said before though, it can be taken both ways. This is stupid though, I should've never brought that up.

The mommy and daddy pairing...a lot of my friends discussed that with me completely surprised that the idea of them being paired now came up. We determined that Fai was more feminine-like so that's why he was mommy and as for daddy...well..Kurogane likes to fight soo lol
Koko ni ite

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #536 on: August 22 2006, 10:00 am »
What I mean, Syaozen, is that nobody can say for sure if KuroFai will or will not happen. It may be left open to interpretation. And most magazines have girls on the covers, it doesn't mean they're dirty.

And I'm just using mommy and daddy as an example that Clamp had thought of the possibility, even if they don't intend to make it happen.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #537 on: August 22 2006, 10:05 am »
Kurogane saved his life because he loved him? Well I certainly didn't see that. Anyone would want to save a travelling companion who's been through a lot with them. I think of it as saving Fai to not let his efforts go to waste by trying to stop the clone Syaoran. Any other things aside from that, well I can say bonds but not love. Kurogane knew Fai is better than that. He didn't want him dying in such a weak way. Matter of his pride? Yeah that's exactly what I believe.

And so what if Fai was a woman? What if Kurogane was a woman too? What if they were all women? Get my point? "Ifs" are kinda out of the blue here.

No I'm not against this because I'm "anti-gay" or whatever you claimed me to be. I'm not basing it on a past experience either. I'm saying this because this is what I think of it. Any problems with an opinion?
...Excuse me, but what evidence do you have that Kurogane saved Fai to not let his efforts go to waste? -_- A matter of his pride? Please. I would not save anyone, friend or lover or family member, because it was a 'matter of pride.' I would save someone because I LOVE them. No matter in WHAT way I loved them.

edit: I really hate this stuff. It totally ruins my mood whenever I think of the two now. I don't even like yuri. Buuut, that's just my opinion.
Just look at X. Kamui and Fuuma? Then CCS with Yukito and Touya. I love their works despite that stuff. I'm just saying in general, that it's not cool. I had a very disturbing experience with someone like that before, and it affected a friend including me very deeply. Call it a grudge? Maybe..I just like to think of it as not pertaining to my taste.
...Yeah... You're not anti-gay at all.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #538 on: August 22 2006, 10:10 am »
...Excuse me, but what evidence do you have that Kurogane saved Fai to not let his efforts go to waste? -_- A matter of his pride? Please. I would not save anyone, friend or lover or family member, because it was a 'matter of pride.' I would save someone because I LOVE them. No matter in WHAT way I loved them.

I second that, and not just because I support KF either.

Even for a friend, it's a lot to ask, a lot to DO for someone. I don't think Kuro would tie his life to Fai's literally FOREVER just because of his pride. And actually, couldn't it be said that he is laying down his pride to save Fai? Once by asking Yuuko for help, and twice by admitting he actually cares enough to save him?

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #539 on: August 22 2006, 10:10 am »
As for the manga, the inside was shown, showing that he liked it because it was all ninja stuff. But there's obviously something more since they had girls on most of the covers. Shows that it was male-reading material. As I said before though, it can be taken both ways. This is stupid though, I should've never brought that up.

Tsubasa is published in a magazine that has pretty girls on the cover, it doesn't mean that people buy it because they like the girls. It's just a magazine, whether or not it is intended for males or females is irrelevant if your favorite manga is serialized in it. I read some magazines intended for guys because they are witty and interesting sometimes, not because I want to see boobs and chicks in bikinis. I read GLBT magazines too, doesn't mean I am a homosexual. I don't think what kind of magazine you read has anything to do with your sexual preference.