AuthorTopic: Chapter 125  (Read 176467 times)

Offline starprov356

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Re: Chapter 125
« Reply #220 on: August 08 2006, 11:59 am »
Thanks so much, Celesse.

Show content
I feel like I should have seen that solution - Fai getting vampire blood so that he will live - coming a mile away.  I'll have to hold back judgement on whether I like it until I see how the Fai-as-vampire Kurogane-as-bait interaction works.

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #221 on: August 08 2006, 12:02 pm »
What? I'm sitting back watching the fangirls run in circles, of course. XD You know technically this chapter shouldn't be out until Wednesday, so you don't get the translation until then. *ducks rotton pineapple*

Alright, alright, it's here. ^____^;; Click

That last page of Fai is kind of hot. ^^; Although I'll agree with whoever said he looks weird on the fourth to last page.

It took me a bit to sort through what Yuuko told Kurogane, and I think there's something still not clear yet. That is, is Kuro's price his blood, or does he still have to pay for the water? His blood, and his becoming the bait, are his price for making Fai live against his will, his taking responsibility for Fai's life. But from the way I read it, Kuro still has to pay for Subaru's wish, since Subaru (or Kamui, rather) gave his blood to him. And Yuuko still hasn't received anything for herself. That was my interpretation of it, anyway. I guess we'll see with the next chapter..

Pikari!!!! *glomps Pikari* you translation makes the things so much easer to get! thank you so much for give it to us! *gives you even more fake cookies and a Fai plushie*

The part when Subaru said to Kamui to not get closer so he does not get traped too has much more sense now XD

Offline mizunotsubasa

• Good Fan
  • ny icon
« Reply #222 on: August 08 2006, 12:29 pm »

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #223 on: August 08 2006, 11:00 pm »
Hm.. I just noticed something...

Show content
If I'm understanding it all correctly, Kurogane's official wish is not that Fai lives, but that the water fills the reservoir. In exchange for Kurogane requesting that, Kamui and Subaru would help Fai. Right?
But now, Kurogane still has to pay a price for the water wish. What price would that be? His blood, that he gave to Fai?

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 08 2006, 11:19 pm »

Show content
If I'm understanding it all correctly, Kurogane's official wish is not that Fai lives, but that the water fills the reservoir. In exchange for Kurogane requesting that, Kamui and Subaru would help Fai. Right?
But now, Kurogane still has to pay a price for the water wish. What price would that be? His blood, that he gave to Fai?

Show content
That's the one thing I'm still kinda not sure of.  They pretty much switched out wishes.

In exhchange for Kurogane requesting the water for Subaru, Subaru will give his blood to Fai for Kurogane (actually Kamui).  Kurogane has to give his blood because Fai does not wish to live, so Kurogane's responsible.  I'm not sure if his giving blood is his payment for the water, but I'm kinda doubting it.  I think after this is over he has to pay Yuuko something, otherwise she's the only one whose getting gypped.

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
« Reply #225 on: August 08 2006, 11:21 pm »

Show content

Show content
No, I think his blood is the price for forcing Fai to live? He still has to pay for the water...hope its nothing too costly

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #226 on: August 08 2006, 11:25 pm »
It might not be costly because Yuuko's prices always seem to have to do with personal value, and Kurogane does not really VALUE the water. He's only wishing for it in order to save Fai. However, if one takes into account that it IS important to him BECAUSE wishing for it will save Fai, then it might turn out to be a heavy price after all.

...I guess there was supposed to be a point in there somewhere.

Poor Fai, though. Even if it IS with Kurogane, he's completely dependant on this one guy for the rest of his life. He can't leave him, ever. That's got to suck, even if you love the person. Maybe it's just me (since I have...freedom issues...) but it would seem a bit overwhelming, at least at first. I wonder how often Fai will have to drink? Every day? Probably not, since Clamp wouldn't be nice enough to give us daily KxF necksucking fanservice.

XD
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 08 2006, 11:33 pm »
It might not be costly because Yuuko's prices always seem to have to do with personal value, and Kurogane does not really VALUE the water. He's only wishing for it in order to save Fai. However, if one takes into account that it IS important to him BECAUSE wishing for it will save Fai, then it might turn out to be a heavy price after all.

...I guess there was supposed to be a point in there somewhere.

Show content
Speaking of personal value, the reason Yuuko didn't heal Fai herself was because the price would be too costly. That means Kurogane really really wants Fai to be saved.->considering that, paying for the water is probably less expensive.

Poor Fai, though. Even if it IS with Kurogane, he's completely dependant on this one guy for the rest of his life. He can't leave him, ever. That's got to suck, even if you love the person. Maybe it's just me (since I have...freedom issues...) but it would seem a bit overwhelming, at least at first. I wonder how often Fai will have to drink? Every day? Probably not, since Clamp wouldn't be nice enough to give us daily KxF necksucking fanservice.

Show content
Yeah, that sucks. And I imagine Fai has freedom issues too. I'm still not clear of one point, If Fai dies, does Kuro die too?Cause that would really, really suck. If either of them dies, they will knowthey're taking the other with them.

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 08 2006, 11:35 pm »
Show content
His wish to save Fai only comes in when he has to give his blood.  He's getting Kamui's blood as payment for him paying for the water.

In the case of the water, I think it'll have to do with those 13 jugs that Watanuki had to get from the well in xxxHolic.  The water was a payment from Nekomusume for a hat that Yuuko gave her (which poor Watanuki had to do all the work in getting), so Yuuko does indeed agree on exchanges of goods. ^_^

I wonder how this will effect the groups traveling though, this just made Fai and Kurogane vulnerable.  If Kuro gets axed, so does Fai.  There goes some of the groups defense. D:

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #229 on: August 08 2006, 11:44 pm »
Well, I"m abandoning the spoiler tags this far in, if that's alright. Both translation and scanlation have been posted, so anyone venturing further is probably looking for spoilers. If anyone has a problem, just tell me and I'll eat my words >_<

In response to the whole "if Fai dies, will Kuro die too?" question (not sure if someone answered this or not already) I'm pretty sure that the deal doesn't work both ways. So, if Fai is killed somehow (since it's going to be hard killing him now that he heals super-fast) Kurogane will NOT die as a result. I'm pretty sure (not 100%, but more like... 96.4%) that the reason Fai will die when Kuro does is that he won't have any blood to drink anymore, so essentially he'll starve.

I hope Real!Syaoran gets to travel with KF instead of Clone!Syaoran, at least for a while.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 08 2006, 11:53 pm »
Well, I"m abandoning the spoiler tags this far in, if that's alright. Both translation and scanlation have been posted, so anyone venturing further is probably looking for spoilers. If anyone has a problem, just tell me and I'll eat my words >_<

In response to the whole "if Fai dies, will Kuro die too?" question (not sure if someone answered this or not already) I'm pretty sure that the deal doesn't work both ways. So, if Fai is killed somehow (since it's going to be hard killing him now that he heals super-fast) Kurogane will NOT die as a result. I'm pretty sure (not 100%, but more like... 96.4%) that the reason Fai will die when Kuro does is that he won't have any blood to drink anymore, so essentially he'll starve.

I hope Real!Syaoran gets to travel with KF instead of Clone!Syaoran, at least for a while.

Hnn...this won't stop Fai's suicidal tendencies then. He wouldn't want to drag Kurogane with him if it works both ways.. gah, still feel bad for kuro though-do you think Fai will ever ask Kurogane to kill him? That one line was romantic, but I'm scared its foreshadowing...

I think Real!Syaoran will travel with KF too. Hnn...his personality is more prickly than Cloney. I wonder how he and KF will get along?Especially Sakura, for that matter. Gawd, things will be awkward for a while.

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #231 on: August 09 2006, 12:26 am »
Hnn...this won't stop Fai's suicidal tendencies then. He wouldn't want to drag Kurogane with him if it works both ways.. gah, still feel bad for kuro though-do you think Fai will ever ask Kurogane to kill him? That one line was romantic, but I'm scared its foreshadowing...
True. However if Kuro will still have to pay for the water and if the price is a high one, that could/should make Fai reconsider his willingness to die because if that high price was payed for him, it would be most ungrateful to then make the gesture an empty one and he has enough conscience to not die then. He could get himself unravelled enough to ask but I see no way of that wish granted!
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 09 2006, 12:35 am »
True. However if Kuro will still have to pay for the water and if the price is a high one, that could/should make Fai reconsider his willingness to die because if that high price was payed for him, it would be most ungrateful to then make the gesture an empty one and he has enough conscience to not die then. He could get himself unravelled enough to ask but I see no way of that wish granted!

But what if Fai thinks his death can protect others (from Ashura? Himself?)or something along those lines? And after rereading RGVeda and X I'm worried KuroFai will follow the 'fad' of killing/being killed by the one they love.Guess I'm just paranoid...>_>

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #233 on: August 09 2006, 12:41 am »
I agree, but it could make him kind of dark. I think there are two possibilities: 1) Fai and Kuro are happy now, because they each realize how much the other cares, or 2) Fai initially is a shadow of his former self, being either angry at Kuro because of the presumable danger he has put them in by allowing Fai to live, or just listless, existing only because Kuro wants him to, thinking Kuro "owns" him now or something.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #234 on: August 09 2006, 12:42 am »
I already wrote this in the KuroxFai canon thread, but:

"The fact that Yuuko said that everything would work out for Kuro and Fai, as well as Clamp's admission that it will be a happy ending for Tsubasa makes me fairly sure that neither of them will die. Fai won't die because he has super-healing now, and Kuro won't die because he wouldn't LET himself die because it would kill Fai, much like Syaoran wouldn't LET himself fail Sakura. Getting the feathers back wasn't a question, it was something he HAD to do for her.

Kuro HAS to keep Fai alive.  ^___^"

Copy and paste FTW.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 09 2006, 12:45 am »
I agree, but it could make him kind of dark. I think there are two possibilities: 1) Fai and Kuro are happy now, because they each realize how much the other cares, or 2) Fai initially is a shadow of his former self, being either angry at Kuro because of the presumable danger he has put them in by allowing Fai to live, or just listless, existing only because Kuro wants him to, thinking Kuro "owns" him now or something.

Well, he smiled in the last panel so I don't think Fai is angry. However, it won't be a happy situation either, they have yet to finish their conversation from chap 112.

Edit: Love your post, Emiko. Just One more thing though- super healing powers doesn't mean Fai can't be killed in ANY way right? Hmm...do you think now Fai's a vampire it'll even things out between Fai and Cloney?

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #236 on: August 09 2006, 01:05 am »
Love your post, Emiko. Just One more thing though- super healing powers doesn't mean Fai can't be killed in ANY way right? Hmm...do you think now Fai's a vampire it'll even things out between Fai and Cloney?

I don't think so, no. From what I gathered, he's not immortal, he'll just have super-healing powers (like Wolverine from X-Men XD).

I don't think Fai and clone-boy will fight again, though. Just because I don't think Fai WOULD fight him. He let him rip out his eye, so I think he still cares about him enough to not want to hurt him.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline ttxdragon

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #237 on: August 09 2006, 01:11 am »
great chapter, indeed.
the whole vampire-thing bugs me a bit,
as well as the 'fye is dependant on kurogane'-thing....
and in the middle panel on the double-spread fye somewhat looks a bit...
like he's really into yaoi-stuff... (god, please save this story from shounen-ai >.>;; and yeah, i know i wont make friends under the fangirls here  by saying that x ) )

greetz ttxdragon
PS: since not that many seem to have noticed: hyuu~ scans has chapter 125 out, too

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #238 on: August 09 2006, 01:23 am »
Now that Fai has super healing powers, will he... like... grow a new eye? Or will he be wearing an eyepatch the rest of his life? Hmm...

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 09 2006, 01:23 am »
great chapter, indeed.
the whole vampire-thing bugs me a bit,
as well as the 'fye is dependant on kurogane'-thing....
and in the middle panel on the double-spread fye somewhat looks a bit...
like he's really into yaoi-stuff... (god, please save this story from shounen-ai >.>;; and yeah, i know i wont make friends under the fangirls here  by saying that x ) )

greetz ttxdragon
PS: since not that many seem to have noticed: hyuu~ scans has chapter 125 out, too

Gods, yeah, you didn't make you many friends here with that statement >>" Sorry if it sounds rude, but if you dislike shounen-ai, don't read CLAMP. Just don't.

I already wrote this in the KuroxFai canon thread, but:

"The fact that Yuuko said that everything would work out for Kuro and Fai, as well as Clamp's admission that it will be a happy ending for Tsubasa makes me fairly sure that neither of them will die. Fai won't die because he has super-healing now, and Kuro won't die because he wouldn't LET himself die because it would kill Fai, much like Syaoran wouldn't LET himself fail Sakura. Getting the feathers back wasn't a question, it was something he HAD to do for her.

Kuro HAS to keep Fai alive.  ^___^"

Copy and paste FTW.

(What does FTW mean?)
I think you're right. There's no way they possibly could die. Nope, nah, never. And if it's only because CLAMP know they'll be killed by crazy fangirls if they kill KF XD
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~