AuthorTopic: Chapter 125  (Read 177250 times)

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
Re: Chapter 125
« Reply #420 on: August 17 2006, 01:50 pm »

(Speaking of nothing... what do you call that which is visible of your eyeball in medical terms? It begins with 'a', I think... Hrrg, it's driving me nuts!)

Okay, this post may be a little gross because it involves human biology. 'Nuff said.

So, I did a quick google search for information on eyes (and found out quite more than I ever wanted to know. Did you know, for example, that every time you blink, your eyelids spread a layer of mucus, oil, and tears over the cornea? This is one of the many ways in which our body serves to protect the eye, seeing as it's amazingly delicate. Additionally, your eye is about the size and shape of a ping-pong ball. It's bigger than what you see. Wouldn't that make it hard for Syaoran to rip out without...ehh....ripping out Fai's eyelid too? Yuck. Even so, I find biology sort of interesting even though I'm not a science girl.) and found nothing in relation to your question.

I didn't come across any terms that referred to the visible part of the eye as a whole.The visible part of the eye is divided into three parts: the iris, the pupil and the sclera. The iris is the coloured portion, the pupil is the black dot in the centre of the iris, and the sclera is the white of the eye. There's also the cornea, which is like the transparent covering, and all the then the eyelid and eyelashes and soforth.

The only "a" word I found was "anterior", which refers to the iris and ciliary body. Could that be what you're thinking of?

So! There is my science lesson on eyes. Probably more than anybody needed to ever know about their eyes. ... >_<;;

Dammit I'm so off-topic. But I got the one little jab in there about Syaoran and Fai, so hopefully I'm alright.

And in further attempts to stay on-topic, I really want X to be finished too, but I think Tsubasa and XXXHolic will have to run their courses before that happens. Clamp has, what, three series' on the backburner right now? Kobato, Legal Drug and X? I'm placing my money on Tsubasa and Holic finishing before X even begins.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
« Reply #421 on: August 17 2006, 02:14 pm »
Clamp has, what, three series' on the backburner right now? Kobato, Legal Drug and X? I'm placing my money on Tsubasa and Holic finishing before X even begins.
Don't forget Clover. Sometimes I don't know why I keep on coming back to Clamp. Considering how often they put my favourite series on hiatus... *sigh*
As it is, I want them to concentrate on Tsubasa and Holic.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #422 on: August 17 2006, 02:30 pm »
off-topic: Ando, i LOVE your avatar!!!! Chibi Yue!!!!!

:inlove:

(you wouldnt happen to have a full shot, would you?  :sweatdrop:
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #423 on: August 17 2006, 07:03 pm »
Ahhh I understand now, the real Syaoran doesn't love Sakura because he paid his relationship with her in order to cross dimensions/worlds, which was already paid by the clone but it was his half of the heart that did it.  And he lost his freedom along with his time due to the wish of breaking the seal, so basically he had to wait it out as a child until what he is now. Correct me if I'm wrong
Koko ni ite

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #424 on: August 17 2006, 08:39 pm »
Ahhh I understand now, the real Syaoran doesn't love Sakura because he paid his relationship with her in order to cross dimensions/worlds, which was already paid by the clone but it was his half of the heart that did it.  And he lost his freedom along with his time due to the wish of breaking the seal, so basically he had to wait it out as a child until what he is now. Correct me if I'm wrong

That makes a lot of sense as a theory. I wonder about his prices (freedom, time, and relationship), since they're things he seems to have lost but not things he gave to Yuuko.

Thanks for all the eye stuff, Emiko! *Loves biology* They're also really pretty on the inside - favorite thing I've ever had to disect for science class.

Wow, how many series does CLAMP have unfinished? Tsubasa and Holic that they're working on, Kobato that we know they're going to pick up again, X and Legal Drug which we hope they're going to pick up again, Clover and Shin Shunkaden that they'd like to continue sometime if they can. That's quite a number.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #425 on: August 17 2006, 09:48 pm »
The visible part of the eye is divided into three parts: the iris, the pupil and the sclera. The iris is the coloured portion, the pupil is the black dot in the centre of the iris, and the sclera is the white of the eye.

Sclera! That's the word I was looking for! Thank you for all your trouble (and thanks for the biology stuff as well)!

off-topic: Ando, i LOVE your avatar!!!! Chibi Yue!!!!! (you wouldnt happen to have a full shot, would you? :sweatdrop:

Sadly I don't. I don't even know who made the picture.

Back on topic... What is up with CLAMP's eye-fetisch anyway? Do eyes symbolise something special in Japanese mythology (well, I suppose eyes have been considered important in one way or the other in most cultures), or do the ladies simply like ripping people's eyes out?

About Real Syaoran's price, well, it does make sense to an extend, but I don't know... He never met the girl until just recently, did he? Can you really love someone you have only been watching from afar?
« Last Edit: August 18 2006, 08:41 am by Ando »
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #426 on: August 17 2006, 09:52 pm »
Sclera! That's the word I was looking for! Thank you for all your trouble (and thanks for the biology stuff as well)!

Sadly I don't. I don't even know who made the picture.

Back on topic... What is up with CLAMP's eye-fetisch anyway? Does eyes symbolise something special in Japanese mythology (well, I suppose eyes have been considered important in one way or the other in most cultures), or do the ladies simply like ripping people's eyes out?

About Real Syaoran's price, well, it does make sense to an extend, but I don't know... He never met the girl until just recently, did he? Can you really love someone you have only been watching from afar?
well i forget which, one eye represents the window to the soul, the other represents power. that plus, CLAMP are eye-fanatics. in most of their mangas, someone either loses an eye or injures it. (theres a thread in the genereal secion about clam,p and their eye fetish ^^;;
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #427 on: August 17 2006, 10:47 pm »

No problem. I had time on my hands XD

Thanks for all the eye stuff, Emiko! *Loves biology* They're also really pretty on the inside - favorite thing I've ever had to disect for science class.

I always liked biology too, although I was never really into science as a whole.

On another note, less than a week for 126! *hangs on*
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #428 on: August 17 2006, 11:59 pm »
On another note, less than a week for 126! *hangs on*

Oh gawd, I'm just...dead...from having to wait this long...so dead...

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #429 on: August 18 2006, 12:06 am »
Oh gawd, I'm just...dead...from having to wait this long...so dead...

Me too... This time span is stretching like chewing gum, really *le cry*
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #430 on: August 18 2006, 02:32 am »
i just notice a detail that can have his importance depending on the way we interpretate it!
this is about Kurogane's tie!
to chapter 120 until chapter 123 he still have it,event if it is dispatched

but in chapter 123 he removes it,and it corresponds to the moment where he lifts up Fai in his arms...

so the question is why  :surprised:?peharps that in chapter 123 his tie has been totally ripped out because of the intensity of the fight between the two Shaolan  :sweatdrop:!
or else he may have removed it himself because he was hot because Fai in his arm was too sexy  :haha:
« Last Edit: August 18 2006, 05:19 am by Tatasenko »

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #431 on: August 18 2006, 03:27 am »
i just notice a detail that can have his importance depending on the way we interpretate it!
this is about Kurogane's tie!to chapter 120 until chapter 123 he still have it,event if it is dispatched

but in chapter 123 he removes it,and it corresponds to the moment where he lifts up Fai in his arms...

so the question is why  :surprised:?peharps that in chapter 123 his tie has been totally ripped out because of the intensity of the fight between the two Shaolan  :sweatdrop:!
or else he may have removed it himself because he was hot because Fai in his arm was too sexy  :haha:

I do think the second explanation is more logical by far - let's face it, who wouldn't think it's too hot if Fai was that close? *snicker*

And I'm so relieved the tie is finally off... I don't think it really suited him, he always reminded me of a frustrated office worker or something...

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #432 on: August 18 2006, 04:07 am »
i didnt notcie that. im glad too it got taken off. it shoulda gone fof when he jumped into the pit to save fai ^^
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #433 on: August 18 2006, 05:06 am »
I don't know if this bellongs to this thread, but I'm puzzled about what's with that staff Syaoran has, this one I mean:

I'm wondering what it is, and when we're gonna see that in action, now that Hien is gone. That and which Syaoran is holding it ^_^;.

I'm all late on the compass posts, but I was rereading the earlier part of the series (which I skip way too much), and I came across the compass.  It's from the spash page for chapter 2.

I don't think it really has any true purpose, other than to signify the search for memories.

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #434 on: August 18 2006, 05:33 am »
this compass could be the symbol of the crossroads between dimensions ,regardless of his form (one circle and two half circle turning around each other... :surprised:)
but when i look the design on the circles, it seems to represent a sort of graduation :
three pointers are pointing out differents locations and lines which can be compared to a clock  :keke:!
so i guess that this compass is an artefact to travel across SPACE and TIME  :okay:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
« Reply #435 on: August 18 2006, 06:12 am »
About the eye thing, Clamp said in their recent interview that Mokona (Clamp's Mokona not the character!) has a bad right eye which is one reason why they like to mess with peoples' eyes.

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #436 on: August 18 2006, 09:13 am »
How creative they are!

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #437 on: August 18 2006, 02:36 pm »
*snicker* Word, Airashii. Just WORD.

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #438 on: August 18 2006, 06:33 pm »
The staff Syaoran is holding looks like it have one of those old fashioned things you use for finding your way at sea. Tells you your latitude by the stars.

How creative they are!
And bitter O.o

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #439 on: August 19 2006, 05:32 am »
The staff Syaoran is holding looks like it have one of those old fashioned things you use for finding your way at sea. Tells you your latitude by the stars.

i don't think that anybody can use this staff without magic,so maybe that since Clone shaolan got Fai's eye he has the ability to control this artefact so as to find the others feathers of Sakura  :okay:!

* Forum Family *