AuthorTopic: Chapter 125  (Read 165197 times)

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
Re: Chapter 125
« Reply #460 on: August 20 2006, 09:14 pm »
Hmm..now that I think about it..all they did was ask if it was the fans' idea.

But seeing that, it certainly does show that they were surprised and weren't expecting it at all.

I think it's more to do with the fact that it was American people going nuts over the pairing. Japan is far less bothered by homosexual relationships, unlike the West who still have great reservations over it for the most part. I personally believe that Clamp were surprised that the pairing seemed to have such support over in the west.

Besides, they didn't give away anything. I mean, if I were a mangaka I wouldn't just say whether or not a pairing was or wasn't going to happen. It'd ruin everything. Plus, in Japan the KuroFai following is MASSIVE. Clamp can't be obilivious to the pairing...if they are then they must be living under a rock. The pairing is definitely a favourite in Japan. Clamp didn't elude to whether or not it will or won't happen, but given the most recent chapters I can see that what's happening now both paralells Touya and Yuki's situation in CCS, and the situation Syaoran was in at the beginning of Tsubasa.

Clamp are sly little shy-devils. They're not afraid to hint at pairings, but they prefer to remain quiet about what will happen with the couple in question. Personally? I think they've been tossing little hints from the first time Kuro and Fai met. I wasn't a fan until book two or three, but I still noticed some faint hints when I was apathetic to the pairing.

Whether or not Clamp will do anything with the pairing is still unknown, but it's there. Clamp have laid the hints down, it's just up to them if they piece them all together (...which it seems like they're doing. In a not-so-subtle-but-still-subtle way. The latest developments can be taken in different ways...but...the main point is Kurogane and Fai can't ever be apart. Their relationship will be far more intense now, no matter what their relationship turns out to be. They're practically married XD...And that's an excellent thing in my opinion.)

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #461 on: August 20 2006, 09:17 pm »
I think it's more to do with the fact that it was American people going nuts over the pairing. Japan is far less bothered by homosexual relationships, unlike the West who still have great reservations over it for the most part. I personally believe that Clamp were surprised that the pairing seemed to have such support over in the west.

Besides, they didn't give away anything. I mean, if I were a mangaka I wouldn't just say whether or not a pairing was or wasn't going to happen. It'd ruin everything. Plus, in Japan the KuroFai following is MASSIVE. Clamp can't be obilivious to the pairing...if they are then they must be living under a rock. The pairing is definitely a favourite in Japan. Clamp didn't elude to whether or not it will or won't happen, but given the most recent chapters I can see that what's happening now both paralells Touya and Yuki's situation in CCS, and the situation Syaoran was in at the beginning of Tsubasa.

Clamp are sly little shy-devils. They're not afraid to hint at pairings, but they prefer to remain quiet about what will happen with the couple in question. Personally? I think they've been tossing little hints from the first time Kuro and Fai met. I wasn't a fan until book two or three, but I still noticed some faint hints when I was apathetic to the pairing.

Whether or not Clamp will do anything with the pairing is still unknown, but it's there. Clamp have laid the hints down, it's just up to them if they piece them all together (...which it seems like they're doing. In a not-so-subtle-but-still-subtle way. The latest developments can be taken in different ways...but...the main point is Kurogane and Fai can't ever be apart. Their relationship will be far more intense now, no matter what their relationship turns out to be. They're practically married XD...And that's an excellent thing in my opinion.)

Lol married? Man it's gonna be tough with Kurogane wanting to return to Japan and Ashura bound to wake someday, no? I'm sure a lot of girls will fall in love with Ashura once he steps in too.

edit:
Thats fine, but this is CLAMP. There bound to be hints of those 'stuff' in almost all oftheir works.They made 'Legal Drug' where the main male characters paw each other constantly, so don't be surprised if many of Clamps fans will ship same gender characters together.

I'm well aware of that. Just look at X. Kamui and Fuuma? Then CCS with Yukito and Touya. I love their works despite that stuff. I'm just saying in general, that it's not cool. I had a very disturbing experience with someone like that before, and it affected a friend including me very deeply. Call it a grudge? Maybe..I just like to think of it as not pertaining to my taste.
Koko ni ite

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #462 on: August 20 2006, 09:21 pm »
Lol married? Man it's gonna be tough with Kurogane wanting to return to Japan and Ashura bound to wake someday, no? I'm sure a lot of girls will fall in love with Ashura once he steps in too.

Lol. They're bound by blood until the day they die. Fai's life is intertwined with Kuro's now. Whatever happens, one of them will have to change their wish. But, yeah. Complications shall arise, but they can't just leave each other now...which is a real bonus for me because one thing I never wanted to see was those two have to part at the end of Tsubasa.

But, yeah. Eternally bound to one another, can't be separated ever, together forever....sounds pretty much like a twisted marriage ceremony to me. (Try reading up on vampire feedings as well. From what I've read, I don't think Kuro'll have any problems with the blood sucking thing. Lol.) XD Yuuko was just being a fangirl. Seriously. It's what she does best.

'OMIGOSH. I CAN LIKE, MAKE THEM GET MARRIED AS MY PRICE!!! Woo hoo! *does so* ...One down, one to go...*eyes Doumeki and Watanuki*'

Ah Yuuko. How I love thee. XD

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #463 on: August 20 2006, 09:26 pm »
Lol yeah there's that "secret" about Himawari-chan. It'll probably ruin a ton of stuff between Watanuki and her.

Watanuki really despises Doumeki, even though he helps him out a lot with his spiritual problems..but it's as Himawari says, they really do get along in a way. I admire that, since those kinds of friendships are the hardest to break.
Koko ni ite

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #464 on: August 20 2006, 09:29 pm »
Yeah I guess that is something to think about..Fei Wong has definitely affected 3 of the main characters already, so it wouldn't be stupid to think that it affected Fai somehow too..

But we've still yet to see Fai's past..I hope it's good..Kurogane had me in tears.
Koko ni ite

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #465 on: August 20 2006, 09:29 pm »
Lol yeah there's that "secret" about Himawari-chan. It'll probably ruin a ton of stuff between Watanuki and her.

Watanuki really despises Doumeki, even though he helps him out a lot with his spiritual problems..but it's as Himawari says, they really do get along in a way. I admire that, since those kinds of friendships are the hardest to break.
ne, watenuki doesnt hate doumeki as much as he thinks he does. doumeki jsut anoys him, and always knows how to get watenuki to spaz. if he dispised douemi, he wouldnt fogive him for excorsizong that woman whome hed grown attached to. watenuki LIKES doumeki OK, he jsut thinks doumeki's anoying cuz all the ladies, INCLUDING himiwari seem to fawn over him
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #466 on: August 20 2006, 09:30 pm »
anyway,i don"t think that CLAMP will give us so easily the outcome of their story  :surprised:.
feign indifference about the relationship that ties Kurogane and Fai is a good way to make fangirls screaming their happiness all other the world if CLAMP includes some hints of yaoi when we wasn't expecting it  :sweatdrop:.
and moreover CLAMP may not have already decided what would be the outcome of all this mess,so the denouement is peharps in our hands :keke:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #467 on: August 20 2006, 09:33 pm »
Lol sorry I didn't word it correctly SailorYuechan. It's that he likes him as a friend that he hates it. He can't admit to his feelings of acceptance over Doumeki. I mean..if you've ever faced that kind of situation, it's really easy to understand. This goes for all stubborn types though.

and moreover CLAMP may not have already decided what would be the outcome of all this mess,so the denouement is peharps in our hands :keke:

Actually, they've already decided on the end of the manga...
Koko ni ite

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
« Reply #468 on: August 20 2006, 09:38 pm »
II'm just saying in general, that it's not cool. I had a very disturbing experience with someone like that before, and it affected a friend including me very deeply. Call it a grudge? Maybe..I just like to think of it as not pertaining to my taste..
Sorry about your disturbing experience. Of course its fine if its doesn't pertain to your taste, but maybe you can word the 'not cool' part differently? Some people who are in same gender relationships and finds it perfectly normal may feel insulted.

Yeah I guess that is something to think about..Fei Wong has definitely affected 3 of the main characters already, so it wouldn't be stupid to think that it affected Fai somehow too..

But we've still yet to see Fai's past..I hope it's good..Kurogane had me in tears.
Knowing Clamp,  they're going to tease us with Fai's angstiness and reveal the reason only at the very end. Evil women...
« Last Edit: August 20 2006, 09:48 pm by duchessa »

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #469 on: August 20 2006, 09:44 pm »

Lots of girls already think Ashura-ou is attractive, and he had a few fangirls in RG Veda fandom (if RG Veda can be said to have a fandom) at one point, I believe. A number of people like to pair him with Fai, too (I belong to this latter group, though not the former).

True, Fai and Kurogane's being eternally bound to each other won't be easy considering their different wishes, but they'll have to work it out if Fai is going to stay alive. There does exist the possibility that he won't, but Kurogane seems quite opposed to that, and I wonder at what he wouldn't do to stop it. I'm not a KuroFai fan either, but I still can't deny that they might as well be married at this point.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
« Reply #470 on: August 20 2006, 09:47 pm »
Lots of girls already think Ashura-ou is attractive, and he had a few fangirls in RG Veda fandom (if RG Veda can be said to have a fandom) at one point, I believe. A number of people like to pair him with Fai, too (I belong to this latter group, though not the former).

I like the younger Ashura better. Ashura-ou is just so stupid...
I've been wondering, who's your favorite character in Rg Veda?
« Last Edit: August 20 2006, 10:04 pm by duchessa »

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #471 on: August 20 2006, 09:49 pm »
I haven't read RG Veda or watched it xP. I don't really plan to either..though it does seem quite interesting since it was one of the starts of their popularity..

Sorry, I'm one of the newer series people..I'm not that hardcore, considering my age anyway. The only past project I'm looking forward to is Clover.

As with the "not cool" thing, please accept my apologies.
« Last Edit: August 20 2006, 10:00 pm by Syaozen »
Koko ni ite

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
« Reply #472 on: August 20 2006, 10:01 pm »
I haven't read RG Veda or watched it xP. I don't really plan to either..though it does seem quite interesting since it was one of the starts of their popularity..

Sorry, I'm one of the newer series people..I'm not that hardcore, considering my age anyway.

No hard feelings :)

Back on topic - Kurogane and Real Syaoran seems to start off on the wrong foot.  Any speculations on how the rest will treat Real Syaoran (if he does travel with them)?

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #473 on: August 20 2006, 10:12 pm »

Sorry, I'm one of the newer series people..I'm not that hardcore, considering my age anyway. The only past project I'm looking forward to is Clover.

Oooh, good on you for writing that - I already was about to start ranting -_- I have a girlfriend and just get so angry if anywhere I read or hear someone say how homosexuality is abnormal, disgusting, weird, 'not cool', unnatural or anything like that.

I agree with the others on KuroFai, besides. And always remember: the subtext ist there because CLAMP want it to be there.

Kurogane and Fai will stay together for all eternity, till death do them part, etc. Really, it's like a marriage.
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #474 on: August 20 2006, 10:15 pm »
Replying to duchessa (being on topic is fun), Kurogane only took him wrong because of the sign which Yuuko explained. They seem to be cool now and I think they'll all set towards breaking Fei Wong's plan. I mean, Kurogane's family was ruined cuz of him and Syaoran was locked up cuz of him. Ooo let's not forget that he pissed off Kurogane even more with the clone Syaoran tearing out Fai's eye.  Why not share the anger? Payback time.
Koko ni ite

Offline tangerine

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #475 on: August 20 2006, 10:18 pm »
Syaozen
----->

Tsubasa, vol.1, 2...., Fay is Phoenix, Kurogane is Dragon, (In Chinese mythology ying and yang, ...)
In some Chinese legends, an Emperor might be born with a birthmark in the shape of a dragon. The Empress of China was often identified with the Chinese phoenix...
In ancient China, they can often be found in the decorations for weddings or royalty, along with dragons. This is because the Chinese considered the dragon and phoenix symbolic of blissful relations between husband and wife, another common yin and yang metaphor.

"Fenghuang (Chinese: 鳳凰; pinyin: Fènghuáng; Japanese: 鳳凰 hōō; Korean: 봉황 bonghwang; Vietnamese: Phượng Hoàng) are mythological Chinese birds that reign over all other birds. The males are called Feng and the females Huang. In modern times, however, such a distinction of gender is often no longer made and the Feng and Huang are blurred into a single feminine entity so that the bird can be paired with the Chinese dragon, which has male connotations. Han Chinese often use the term "Descendants of the Dragon" as a sign of ethnic identity. The Fenghuang is also called the "August Rooster" (Traditional Chinese: 鶤雞 hùnjī [Cantonese] kūnjī [Mandarin]). In the West, it is commonly referred to as the Chinese phoenix and occasionally Ho-ho bird (from the Japanese name hō-ō)."

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #476 on: August 20 2006, 10:20 pm »
I already know that..I'm chinese..well..only half but enough to have studied my history for about 3 years.

Anyways..I dunno if it's a typo or not, but I believe it's Fai, not Fay =p. Good point though.

As with artwork..I've seen a lot of comparisons of Kurogane relating himself with dragons..such as the dragon he received in the Kudan world...Fai's ability was...flight? I guess you could relate that to the Phoenix..I believe in the end of volume 2 it shows Fai's kudan as a bird-like thing. Sooo you are correct.
Koko ni ite

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
« Reply #477 on: August 20 2006, 10:25 pm »
Replying to duchessa (being on topic is fun), Kurogane only took him wrong because of the sign which Yuuko explained. They seem to be cool now and I think they'll all set towards breaking Fei Wong's plan. I mean, Kurogane's family was ruined cuz of him and Syaoran was locked up cuz of him. Ooo let's not forget that he pissed off Kurogane even more with the clone Syaoran tearing out Fai's eye. Why not share the anger? Payback time.
Thats true. But I was more thinking to the lines of this Syaoran being less polite than the gang is used to. I cringed when he said "this is the symbol of the one who killed your mother". Not the smartest thing to say right then . Thank goodness for Yuuko.
I do think that they all will get along eventually, but things are probably be awkward first. I like the idea FWR getting his evil arse served to him by Kurogane and Syaoran. XD

Anyways..I dunno if it's a typo or not, but I believe it's Fai, not Fay =p.
Officially, its Fay D Flourite - thats how Clamp spell his name in the guide. Although I do prefer Fai   - just because I'm more used to it.

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #478 on: August 20 2006, 10:31 pm »
Well I guess so..he's a lot more straightforward than the previous Syaoran..which makes him about 10x cooler. It just really excites me that the "real" Syaoran will be finally doing his role with the team. It's like...all that's happened before..seemed like an eternity..but now's when the true story begins.

We can't really say what his goals are yet...concerning Sakura's situation..but we can say that he'll definitely want to get back at what FWR has done. He really looks determined as well. He didn't hold back at all when trying to kill the clone until Sakura jumped in. I'd say this one is much more prepared..along with his uber Clow magic abilities
Koko ni ite

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #479 on: August 20 2006, 10:35 pm »

That's fine, I was just saying that you were right about some girls liking Ashura-ou. I don't think everyone has to read all of CLAMP's works to read TRC, or anything (that would be silly). Thank you for apologizing about the "not cool" thing, by the way.

I like the younger Ashura better. Ashura-ou is just so stupid...
I've been wondering, who's your favorite character in Rg Veda?

It's younger Ashura for me. S/he has my undying fangirlish love - favorite CLAMP character ever. I like Ashura-ou (I think he's interesting), but he's not one of my favorites. Then again, there's only one character in RG Veda that I don't like.

*Ahem* Now, to be on topic for a bit...I can see Kurogane and real!Syaoran wanting to work against Fei-Wang Reed, but do they know how? They can't just march into his evil layer (lair? Spelling...) with swords drawn, can they? I think what Sakura wants to do now will be important, though. They still need to collect her feathers, but isn't that going along with what FWR wants?
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster