AuthorTopic: Oh. My. God. *le scream*  (Read 24386 times)

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
Re: Oh. My. God. *le scream*
« Reply #60 on: August 19 2006, 01:09 pm »
Was anyone around when Tenchi Muyo was on TV a few years back?  Ayeka vs. Ryoko fights - now that was nasty.  My sister was even on a different side than me!  Anyhow, I wouldn't get offended if someone said, "I don't get why you like that pairing."  I like to share, and this would be an opportunity to expound on KuroFai love.  So, umm, we should embrace our differences!  I don't think we need to change each other's minds, esp. when some people are saying, "Look, I think your couple is canon.  I just think my couple is cuter." For instance,  I am totally into TomoxEriol for CCS, but I know it didn't happen.  I know he went for Kaho.  I still think that is wierd, and I still think TomoxEriol is cute.  I also turn off City of Angels 10 minutes before the end.  It ends happily.  IT DOES.

So, (it's late at night in my world so I'm rambling), but what  I'm trying to say is that we KuroxFai fans shouldn't get so uptight about folks wanting to see the boys with other people.  On the other hand, KuroxFai fans should be allowed to rationally explain why we believe CLAMP intends them to be a pair without getting accused of flaming people.  Seems fair, don't it?

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #61 on: August 19 2006, 01:33 pm »
Anyhow, I wouldn't get offended if someone said, "I don't get why you like that pairing."  I like to share, and this would be an opportunity to expound on KuroFai love.  So, umm, we should embrace our differences!  I don't think we need to change each other's minds, esp. when some people are saying, "Look, I think your couple is canon.  I just think my couple is cuter." For instance,  I am totally into TomoxEriol for CCS, but I know it didn't happen.  I know he went for Kaho.  I still think that is wierd, and I still think TomoxEriol is cute.
i too paired tomoyo with eriol :sweatdrop: i didnt want her to be alone in any of my stories :lol: and your right, it IS fun to explain the rational between kuro-fai pair ^_^

its not really WHAT your opinion is, its how you EXPRESS it.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #62 on: August 19 2006, 01:59 pm »
I also turn off City of Angels 10 minutes before the end.  It ends happily.  IT DOES.
xd I do too. ^^;

Of course it's a free fandom, and it's hardly a problem for people who say things like, "I think your couple is canon, but mine is cuter." That's fine. And I agree also that I wouldn't get offended if somebody says, "I just don't get why you like that pairing" or something similar. Honestly, it's not any different than when say, I get a crush on someone, and one or more of my friends don't understand what I see in that person. Different strokes for different folks, people. Cappella, for example, doesn't really care for KuroFai, but she and I get along very well.

And honestly, I rarely get offended when someone says, 'I HATE that pairing.' The only time I do get offended by it is if it's obvious they are doing it because they are homophobic.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #63 on: August 19 2006, 02:11 pm »
only one time i really got pissed that someone was aniti-kurofai: When he went and posted in big bold letters that clamp said that Kuro-fai was in the fan's heads. thats a direct insult. only then do i get really pissey and shove mountains of evidence down their throats :shifty:
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline MJ Walker

• I will be the godmother of AllenxRabi's baby <3
  • Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #64 on: August 20 2006, 05:20 am »
*Prints the paper*

*Stomps on it and trys to destroys' it*

*And burns the remains*

*And screams "KuroxFye forever!!!!"

My first siggie on Photoshop! Yeay for me!!
Did System of a Down do the new DeathNote opening!?
Lol

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #65 on: August 20 2006, 07:06 am »
*didn't notice this topic until just now*
... What... What is that? 'Love message'?
BEETRAIN, prepare to DIE!
*cracks knuckles*

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #66 on: August 20 2006, 07:23 am »
*didn't notice this topic until just now*
... What... What is that? 'Love message'?
BEETRAIN, prepare to DIE!
*cracks knuckles*

don't worry,this image is just a "deceitful hope" for all the KuroTomoyo fans  :wink:!
this article is aiming at bringing the character of Kurogane to the fore :surprised :

Tomoyo isn't presented as his lovers,but rather as a sister,like if she was the only family remaining of Kurogane!
yes,because due to the fact that Kurogane has lost his parents when he was still young,he certainly needed to rebuild a family bond in some way,and Tomoyo was taking care of him like a little sister would have done for his big brother  :keke:!
and moreover the fraternity link hasn't yet being exploited in Tsubasa,so the relationship that tied Kurogane and Tomoyo is more definitely based on brotherhood and no love  :okay:!

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #67 on: August 20 2006, 08:01 am »
Is that how Beetrain feels too? I doubt it... The way they show that poster thing off... That's not really brother/sister-y

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #68 on: August 20 2006, 09:32 am »
Is that how Beetrain feels too? I doubt it... The way they show that poster thing off... That's not really brother/sister-y

in the picture they seem to be laughing and playing like innoccent children,it's not like if they were in each other arms  :wink:!
and i think that Kurogane is making the complex of "the big brother protecting his sister against bad guy"  :keke:!
i mean by that,that when he was still in nihon's world he was killing every fellows that were approaching Tomoyo's castle,like if he didn't want any man to mess with her  :cry:!
but he didn't try to look seductive in his method of uing his sword,he was just killing everybody in the most bloody way,so i suppose that his aim was not to attract Tomoyo like a gentleman,but only save her like a brother would do  :okay:!

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #69 on: August 20 2006, 09:18 pm »
My response to this article: "Well, Bee-train is at it again." I wouldn't put it past Bee-train to actually make KuroTomo canon in the anime - it wouldn't be the first time an anime had different pairings from its source material. The article itself doesn't really seem too shippy except in that it draws attention to the bond between the two. But saying they have "trust" doesn't mean they're "in love". I would disagree with them about Kurogane learning true strength from Tomoyo, since Tomoyo obviously sent him away from her for that purpose. But I don't hate the pairing, and Cherry_tiger rationalizes it well.

In any case, please, let's not flame the KuroTomo fans. Everyone is entitled to like whatever pairing they want - I admit to being unpleasant about Fai/Chii fans, and I apologize to all sensible fans of that pairing (whom I think must exist somewhere, even though I've never had the opportunity to speak to one). I will argue forever against that pairing being canon, but that doesn't mean people can't think it's cute (though I would probably ask them why). It's just lousy when people generalize about a group of shippers one belongs to.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 21 2006, 07:56 am »
ARG!!!!!!! *tears hair out in frustration* I swear, I am seriously THIS close to buying myself a flight to Japan so I can personally snipe off every last one of those imbeciles myself!!

As many of you have said, it’s not so much the Kurogane x Tomoyo-ness of it that bothers me, it's the blatant disregard for CLAMP canon that just turns my stomach! These people have some serious self-importance issues! Trying to make Kurogane and Tomoyo a canon couple when CLAMP has not declared them as such?! Just who do they think they are? Do they seriously believe that they have the right to try and write Tsubasa themselves?! It’s the awful FaixChii episode all over again!

Now I’m glad to hear that the translation isn’t really all that shippy but, despite what a lot of people have said about it seeming a very brotherly-sisterly article, to me, it seems clear that that was NOT the theme that BeeTrain was aiming for.
Whenever BeeTrain do something like this I have to take a deep breath, count to 10 and remind myself that whatever disturbingly plot-impacting article or episode the write, it's nothing more than a glorified fanfic if it's not CLAMP canon. CLAMP created this story and these characters and only CLAMP have the right to announce such things.

What makes me laugh is the fact that BeeTrain are constantly boxing themselves into a tighter and tighter corner!

What if, for example, CLAMP reveals in the manga that Kurogane's protectiveness over Tomoyo is because she reminds him  so much of his mother. What will BeeTrain do then? "Whoops, sorry. Our bad. We announced that Kurogane's 'one and only' was someone that reminds him of his mother." How Freudian! And what if Kurogane and Fai become canon in the manga? Doesn’t ‘only one’ mean only one?
Urg. If I were CLAMP I would be having serious words with this reckless and egotistic animation studio. …But, I suppose, once they’ve signed a contract there isn’t much even CLAMP can do…

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #71 on: August 21 2006, 08:09 am »
yeah,maybe that the contrat signed between CLAMP and Beetrain was stipulating that the productors of the anime were allowed to use fully their characters in "advertizing campains" in order to urge people on buying merchandises,and this kind of article always attracts a huge amount of fans  :dodge:!

so it means that Beetrain can manipulate the relationship between the characters so as to make money  -_-

* Forum Family *

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #72 on: August 21 2006, 08:22 am »
I don't mind seeing KuroTomo, since they are a nice couple and all, but if they're making people loath KuroFai, that's another story.

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #73 on: August 22 2006, 06:47 am »
I guess my perspective on this relationship is different. I don't see him as a grumpy ninja... I see him as someone capable of understanding the true meaning of strength and (sorry if I insert my KuroTomo thoughts here) love.

Well, even a grumpy ninja ( he is grumpy, after all, and he is a ninja :)) can be capable of love. I think he loves Tomoyo very dearly, and she loves him back.

And why are you comparing Kurogane to Sakura? In my opinion, if Tomoyo were to fall in love with someone else... it doesn't necessarily have to be someone with some qualities as Sakura. I don't think Tomoyo would want someone to replace Sakura... I don't think she'd want anyone else that's similar to Sakura. Cause Sakura is irreplacable.

No, if Tomoyo did fall for someone else, I don't think she'd ever want to replace Sakura, that's not what I was going for in comparing her with our dear ninja. What I was talking about was how a person who is attracted to brown hair generally finds blondes less appealing, so if Tomoyo is all for the cute and fluffy (not just physically, of course), she wouldn't find much of that in Kurogane.

Ah, just thought I'd reply to your post. I do realise how silly it is to argue about why a person can't possibly fall in love with another person.

As for fans of one pairing bullying other shippings' fans... sometimes we all might have to take a deep breath and remind ourselves that they're all just paper and ink. ...Just kidding - of course they're not! :tongue3:
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #74 on: August 22 2006, 07:15 am »
in my opinion Tomoyo doesn't feel love for Kurogane,because if she does she would have accepted him LIKE HE WAS,with his rage an merciless behaviour  :tongue:!

she wouldn't have sent him in another dimension to learn what strengh is,because loving someone means that you don't care about his defaults since you can see his qualities through his heart  :keke:!

Tomoyo kicked out Kurogane like if he was a mere dangerous psycopathe  :sweatdrop:
(and after all if she managed to get rid of Kurogane by herself,it means that she was enough strong to protect herself,so she didn't need him anymore  :okay:)

* Forum Family *

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #75 on: August 22 2006, 08:03 am »
Tomoyo does care for Kurogane, just not in that lovey-dovey way.

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #76 on: August 23 2006, 06:10 am »
Tomoyo does care for Kurogane, just not in that lovey-dovey way.

i think that one of the reason why Tomoyo has send kurogane away is that she wanted him to LIVE HIS LIFE,without being forced anymore to stay at her service for the rest of his life  :keke:!
after all,Kurogane isn't the type of guy who like being chained to a person,so maybe that Tomoyo sensed that the reason why he was so merciless and obsessed by fight was because he needed to exteriorize his burning soul in some manners  :surprised:!
the only way to help him to find the true meaning of his life was to make him meet others persons urged on by differents aims  :wink:!
and what proves that Kurogane has succeeded in changing is that he didn't hesitate to be linked with Fai for eternity in order to save him  :okay:!

* Forum Family *

Offline Hokuto

• Tarot Card
  • New Fan
  • Teh rozxzorxz
« Reply #77 on: August 26 2006, 12:33 pm »
I think Kuro Tomo is okay as friends. She's only consoling him at his parents' death.
Or... um... it wasn't at that time. D: Boo
I made that sig and avatars! Hands off! The scan is from Shannon @ Clow Legacy. Little character icons from CLAMP site

Offline tsuki

• Dedicated Fan
  • I'm a seiyuu lover~
« Reply #78 on: October 06 2006, 04:51 pm »
Aww!!Tomoyo holds Kuro's hand!!Its okay if they are friends..........."TOMODACHI" thats the word
And whats the "love massage for..."???   
A ninja like Kurogane is hard to find his love........    :dodge:

Cursed Moon

Forum family

~Møon Li - Onee-san