AuthorTopic: Chapter 126  (Read 92437 times)

Offline mellie

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Re: Chapter 126
« Reply #260 on: August 25 2006, 01:38 am »
The reasons I'm iffy about the spoilers are really that

Show content
1. How could anyone see it this early?
2. Yuuko implied that Fai would refuse to feed at first. I'm kinda thinking that Fai is just going to deprive himself of it. (Though, admittedly, maybe he'll refuse but occasionally be taken over by the need to feed? Or something?)
3. Subaru seemed to think Fai needed to sleep. Since Subaru's all "this was my fault, woe", I don't think he'd mislead them or neglect to mention such a significant potential side-effect. Nor would Yuuko, I think (though if it turns out to be true, Kurogane's gonna be all pissed that JUST when he was starting to trust her she omitted something like that XD). So I think that, while a Fai!attack is not completely out-of-the-question, I don't know if it will be needed this soon.
4. Didn't Fai just drink blood? Would he need more so soon (or was that bit of blood just a taste, since more of it seemed to splash down his face anyway?)

I agree with you on the first 3, but as for the 4th:
Show content
It seems common in vampire lore that when one is changed, the first instinct once waking up is the instinct to feed. The first taste of blood induces the change, and is not seen as feeding blood. I don't know how much vampire lore CLAMP knows, and I don't know if this is common in Japanese vampire manga, as I haven't actually seen vampires in manga get changed, but it could possibly me that.

I think part of the problem with the spoilers is the verb usage. Attack implies hate or anger.

I put the spoiler tag just in case. ^_^
I made my little avatar (and kuromori's too). Please don't steal them. I'd be sad.

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
  • It is indeed the most delightful way.
« Reply #261 on: August 25 2006, 02:01 am »
I am both dreading and awaiting the Tokyo arc in the anime. It is going to be ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, but if they do keep in any of the things that are even mildly dark or intense, I'd really like to see how well Daisuke Namikawa and Tetsu Inada do. It shall be a test on their skillz, to be sure.
Designated signature consumed by lack of creativity. Please stand by.

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 25 2006, 02:04 am »
Something that just occured to me while reading your discussion: why's the blood gone? *mimicks Jack Sparrow* There was a certain amount of blood running down his cheeks and chin in the last page of 125, so why aren't there any stains or traces in this one? Not that I'd care that much, it's just a little confusing.

I am both dreading and awaiting the Tokyo arc in the anime. It is going to be ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, but if they do keep in any of the things that are even mildly dark or intense, I'd really like to see how well Daisuke Namikawa and Tetsu Inada do. It shall be a test on their skillz, to be sure.

I'm sure they'll do just fine! Ater all, Japanese VA's belong to the best in the world, they probably are the best. And up to now, I've never been disappointed by a Japanese seiyuu, so I'm really looking forward to that scene. (Let's hope they don't screw up the X arc, though chances are small.)
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #263 on: August 25 2006, 02:53 am »
Something that just occured to me while reading your discussion: why's the blood gone? *mimicks Jack Sparrow* There was a certain amount of blood running down his cheeks and chin in the last page of 125, so why aren't there any stains or traces in this one? Not that I'd care that much, it's just a little confusing.

Because Clamp is bad with knowing where their blood is.  I remember one scene in X where Seishirou puts his bloody hand on Subaru's cheek, he takes it away and there's no blood on that side of his face.  Same as when he was smoking a cigarette with a bloody hand and there was no blood on the filter afterwards.  It's one of their inconsistencies. -_-

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 25 2006, 03:00 am »
I'm sure they'll do just fine! Ater all, Japanese VA's belong to the best in the world, they probably are the best. And up to now, I've never been disappointed by a Japanese seiyuu, so I'm really looking forward to that scene. (Let's hope they don't screw up the X arc, though chances are small.)
I've heard a few seiyuu that have been only okay, which can be disappointing depending on what kind fo character they're voicing, but I don't think I've come across any that have been actually bad. I just hope they'll be able to pull it off, is all.

Edited because I don't like the smilies. D:

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #265 on: August 25 2006, 03:08 am »
I think that Fai would attack Kuro --not out of anger or hatred-- but because he'll be hungry. Like out of his mind, someone said something about the survival instinct? Yeah, I think it'll be something like that. He won't really know what it is that he's doing so there won't be the whole 'ahh nooo I' can't drink the blood' angst/drama at that point. But afterwards, and he's seen that he's hurt Kuro-pon they'll be so much angst our heads will blow off and then he'll refuse to drink or something along those lines.

Hrmm....
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline Tricky

• New Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 25 2006, 05:30 am »
Ok, we all know there has been a TON of plot development lately and a TON of action, but another feather just showed up.
I'm thinking it may be too soon for FWR and C!Syoaran to make a move agian, but I really wouldn't be surprised at much of anything at this point int he manga. (Look at how much its changed.)
So? Thoughts? Who do you think will get this feather...?
*sigh* Are we EVER going to leave this world?
You are special to me. Let me be your Kage-nie.

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #267 on: August 25 2006, 05:46 am »
I'm hoping that Fuuma's there to offer the feather in exchange for something. Though if the spoilers are true, the group might be there for a while longer.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline mizunotsubasa

• Good Fan
  • ny icon
« Reply #268 on: August 25 2006, 06:03 am »
Show content
I agree....
Fai gets his eye back at the end of the story(it ends in Kuro's Japan), and Tomoyo sends Saku and Syao back to Clow.

Fai: Well, it seems I got my eye back. I guess me and Mokona can head off to the next world.
Kuro: Umm, actually, Tomoyo-hime wanted to play with the manjuu for a while, so you'll just have to stay here for a little while.
2 weeks later
Fai: Princess Tomoyo just told me that it was fine if Mokona left. I guess...
Kuro: Ummm, actually, the diviners said today was a bad day for inter-dimentional travel...
Fai: *Glomps Kuro*

Yup, that's how it goes down! :icon_tongue:

I love that idea, it would be funny.

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #269 on: August 25 2006, 09:33 am »
i was wondering what was the color of the bandeau that Real Shaolan gave to Kurogane so as to cover Fai's left eye...

is it black or red?
because if the bandeau is red,it can be view as the symbol of  "the red string",which means love  :okay:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline ttxdragon

« Reply #270 on: August 25 2006, 10:09 am »
i think it's black...
just because i can't imagine R-Syaorans suite being red or the suit being black, but the band there being red....

the suit should be (incl. band) completely black

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 25 2006, 10:13 am »
It's black. Real!Syaoran's been featured in color pages before, and you can see that it's black. (Think he showed up in the ch. 100 color pages.)

EDIT: Er, or not. Turns out you can't see it very well in the ch. 100 color pages. Either he's in some other color pages or I'm deluding myself, either of which are possible. Maybe it was black in the anime or something. Dunno. But I'm pretty sure it's black.
« Last Edit: August 25 2006, 12:50 pm by Spoonful »

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #272 on: August 25 2006, 01:08 pm »
ano...still no sign of Pikari's translations? :(

o well,.

i think the bandana is black. its black in the anime, but we cant fully TRUST the anime now, CAN we <_<
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #273 on: August 25 2006, 03:04 pm »
ano...still no sign of Pikari's translations? :(

o well,.

i think the bandana is black. its black in the anime, but we cant fully TRUST the anime now, CAN we <_<

I have one things to say, my impresion of some epidodes ago of the anime... "WTF the did to Ashura-ou?!?! is that lipstick?!?!!!..." does that answered your question?

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #274 on: August 25 2006, 03:24 pm »
I have one things to say, my impresion of some epidodes ago of the anime... "WTF the did to Ashura-ou?!?! is that lipstick?!?!!!..." does that answered your question?
actualy, if you look at it, giving ashura lipstick in the anime made matters worse. its OBVIOS he;s more masculine... even an 8 year old woud see that. (flat chest, size 13 feet, sword fighting style) so giving "him" a frilly type dress and lipstick turned him into a crossdresser, which is a tad more unatural then a  (for lack of a better term) yaoi relationship :lol:
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline falka

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #275 on: August 25 2006, 03:39 pm »
It's black. Real!Syaoran's been featured in color pages before, and you can see that it's black. (Think he showed up in the ch. 100 color pages.)

check out chapter's 109 colorspread. it's indeed black but it had a red FeiWong-ish  pattern (matching the one on Syaoran's clothes) before he got out from the tube
One moment is all you can expect from perfection

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 25 2006, 03:51 pm »

I fear for Kamui and Subaru's designs.  From what I saw of Seishirou, it doesn't look pretty.  The most faithful I've seen either of them animated is from the Clamp in Wonderland short, which was done by Madhouse.  We're not that lucky, sadly.  Although Lelouch in Code-Geass' looks almost identical to Kamui (Clamp did the character designs), I so wish he could be animated like that.

That is how TRC!Kamui should be animated, but we all know it isn't going to happen. -_-
« Last Edit: August 25 2006, 04:15 pm by nefadol »

Offline Celesse

• Good Fan

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #278 on: August 25 2006, 04:10 pm »
check out chapter's 109 colorspread. it's indeed black but it had a red FeiWong-ish  pattern (matching the one on Syaoran's clothes) before he got out from the tube
Thanks.

They must've been embellishing a bit because in regular pages there is no pattern. xD

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #279 on: August 25 2006, 05:16 pm »
I fear for Kamui and Subaru's designs.  From what I saw of Seishirou, it doesn't look pretty.  The most faithful I've seen either of them animated is from the Clamp in Wonderland short, which was done by Madhouse.  We're not that lucky, sadly.  Although Lelouch in Code-Geass' looks almost identical to Kamui (Clamp did the character designs), I so wish he could be animated like that.

That is how TRC!Kamui should be animated, but we all know it isn't going to happen. -_-

I fear for Kamui and Subaru too, *praying for a good anime!version of the vampire twins* god, I had wait so much to see Kamui animate again I hope He looks nice, first I hope that they keep him is his normal way, nothing about lipstick or something like that his eyes, I hope they let his eyes of his normal amathyst color (come one, he looks much gorgeous with his amathyst eyes than golden like the movie/anime) ans Subaru for his green eyes again, do not make hima girl damn it >_<

Those pcitures are great! even If we know that that is not going to happen I ope something close to that happen.