AuthorTopic: Chapter 126  (Read 92387 times)

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
Re: Chapter 126
« Reply #280 on: August 25 2006, 05:32 pm »
Given that Kamui and Subaru's characters have been animated many times before (going back over a decade now), Beetrain shouldn't have to make them girly.  They're supposed to be pretty and easily mistaken as girls, but not actual girls. >_<

Even if they don't animate this arc, or even completely butcher it, we still have the manga. :keke:

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #281 on: August 25 2006, 05:38 pm »
Given that Kamui and Subaru's characters have been animated many times before (going back over a decade now), Beetrain shouldn't have to make them girly.  They're supposed to be pretty and easily mistaken as girls, but not actual girls. >_<

Even if they don't animate this arc, or even completely butcher it, we still have the manga. :keke:
indeed. an awful anime might convert some peoples into reading the REAL DEAL. ful of action and darkness and mega plot twists, :D
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #282 on: August 25 2006, 09:33 pm »
actualy, if you look at it, giving ashura lipstick in the anime made matters worse. its OBVIOS he;s more masculine... even an 8 year old woud see that. (flat chest, size 13 feet, sword fighting style) so giving "him" a frilly type dress and lipstick turned him into a crossdresser, which is a tad more unatural then a (for lack of a better term) yaoi relationship :lol:

You know, all in all, I think the lipstick really was just the animators trying to convey Ashura's manga character design. After all, at that point in the manga very few people had their lips drawn at all, but Ashura did almost all the time (because Ashura has full lips), so Bee-Train did their take on that. It did end up looking really weird, though. Anyway, it's not like CLAMP has never drawn Ashura with lipstick, or that it would even be out of character for him/her to wear it. I wouldn't say s/he is obviously more masculine - quite a lot of people don't have any problem believing s/he is female. And to make one last irrelevant point, Ashura's clothes are much more "frilly" in the manga - they were simplified in the anime, probably because the animators really didn't want to deal with all those bangles.

Now the style of the manga has become more "shoujo" (with the lips and screentones and all), but I doubt the anime will change correspondingly...Kamui, I predict, will end up looking weird. I mean, his hair, for a start. Subaru may be fine.

I almost look forward to what kind of mess this arc will be, though. I don't think they could even animate Fai's writhing if they wanted to - too much detailed motion. Not to mention what would happen to all the blood...
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #283 on: August 25 2006, 10:57 pm »
I almost look forward to what kind of mess this arc will be, though. I don't think they could even animate Fai's writhing if they wanted to - too much detailed motion. Not to mention what would happen to all the blood...

the only solution for Beetrain to settle this problem is to zap Tokyo arc and replace it by some stupid episode with Mokona  :haha: (the worse is that i wouldn't be surprised if they do something like that...)

hum,let's see,in this arc the only hard actions scenes that Beetrain has to animate are the fight between Kamui and Clone Shaolan,and next the confrontation between the two Shaolans  :surprised:.
except this events there is roughly only chatting scenes about vampire...Beetrain is going to show us how much talented he is to censure the manga  :sweatdrop:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #284 on: August 26 2006, 01:23 am »
Considering the Subby and Sei-san is one of CLAMP's well known couples, I don't think BT will change much with that, it be an outrage.....
But then again the real story is in CLAMPS hands and look what they did to Sakura and Sayoran...

off topic
Did you know that Subaru and Seichero are the most voiced characters ever used? Tokyo Bablon OVA 1&2, X moive, X TV, more the three Drama CD's, and now TRC, ow yeah, and the TB live action movie
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #285 on: August 26 2006, 02:43 am »
Umm, did I miss a translation somewhere?  I have been checking this thread religiously, just went back over the whole thing...We haven't got one yet, right? From Pikari, I mean.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #286 on: August 26 2006, 03:38 am »
Umm, did I miss a translation somewhere? I have been checking this thread religiously, just went back over the whole thing...We haven't got one yet, right? From Pikari, I mean.
no. she hasnt posted one yet :(

the only solution for Beetrain to settle this problem is to zap Tokyo arc and replace it by some stupid episode with Mokona :haha: (the worse is that i wouldn't be surprised if they do something like that...)

hum,let's see,in this arc the only hard actions scenes that Beetrain has to animate are the fight between Kamui and Clone Shaolan,and next the confrontation between the two Shaolans :surprised:.
except this events there is roughly only chatting scenes about vampire...Beetrain is going to show us how much talented he is to censure the manga :sweatdrop:
ne, you forgot kamui and kuro's big fight and kamui skewering syao's leg with an arrow
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 26 2006, 04:52 am »
They kinda need the initial confrontation with Kamui to bring up the "E" topic, which is really important to the whole arc.  I can see them not having his leg shot, but with Kuro blocking the initial arrow.  The only sad part is that it'll ruin the ultra cute part with Nataku later on. The action and violence are very important to bringing up the plot points in this world, it's not a simple "retrieve feather" trip this time.

Considering the Subby and Sei-san is one of CLAMP's well known couples, I don't think BT will change much with that, it be an outrage.....
But then again the real story is in CLAMPS hands and look what they did to Sakura and Sayoran...

off topic
Did you know that Subaru and Seichero are the most voiced characters ever used? Tokyo Bablon OVA 1&2, X moive, X TV, more the three Drama CD's, and now TRC, ow yeah, and the TB live action movie

That's what I was thinking, they're too well known to have a major screw up.  Although I'd say Kamui is far more popular, so there'd be a major uproar if they ruin him.  Kamui is supposed to move fluidly, to the point where you can't really see him attack...I wonder how they'll animate that. Maybe they'll just skip over this arc after all. -_-

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #288 on: August 26 2006, 05:48 am »
Lol, Pikari's taking some personal time. ^_^ I don't blame her at all for not being on.

And I'm worried about Kamui and Subaru's character designs too... But they can't and won't skip over this arc in the anime. It's too important.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #289 on: August 26 2006, 06:00 am »
hey,i have got a french site where the english translation is already available  :okay:
(the only problem is that you have to save the scans one by one,because they aren't in archive size  :sweatdrop:)
i don't know if Pikari's translation will be the same,but for now it will suit well  :keke:
(french fans don't waste their time as you can see  :wink:)

http://groups.msn.com/TsubasaReservoirChroniclesOnlineManga/chapter126.msnw

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline xxxholic

• Good Fan
« Reply #290 on: August 26 2006, 06:03 am »
Yay. Cool. Thanks for sharing, Tatasenko.

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #291 on: August 26 2006, 06:06 am »
I wonder how they'll animate that. Maybe they'll just skip over this arc after all. -_-

NO!! I demand this arc! >_____> Besides when we trough that Ashura arc was not going to me show, ZAZ! it was there, just was move in the story line.

I WANT THIS ARC! T__T

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 26 2006, 06:43 am »
NO!! I demand this arc! >_____> Besides when we trough that Ashura arc was not going to me show, ZAZ! it was there, just was move in the story line.

I WANT THIS ARC! T__T

I want it as well, it may actually make me watch the anime.  This arc is what got me thoroughly hooked on the manga in the first place.  It should still be fun to watch, even if it is butchered.

...and there's a ton of translations for the chapter floating around, but Pikari's always feel more coherent to me. :keke:
« Last Edit: August 26 2006, 07:34 am by nefadol »

Offline mellie

• New Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 26 2006, 07:11 am »
actualy, if you look at it, giving ashura lipstick in the anime made matters worse. its OBVIOS he;s more masculine... even an 8 year old woud see that. (flat chest, size 13 feet, sword fighting style) so giving "him" a frilly type dress and lipstick turned him into a crossdresser, which is a tad more unatural then a (for lack of a better term) yaoi relationship :lol:
Actually, given Japan's culture, it's not unnatural at all, so while in the western world, people may view crossdressing more unnatural than gayness, in Japan, it's the opposite.

Remember, in kabuki theater, women could not act, so men had to play the roles of women. It's a long-developed tradition that is still upheld today.

So considering that it's made in Japan, I don't think it's unnatural at all. ^_^

Either way, who knows how this will be animated, if they don't hack it to pieces. X_X;
I made my little avatar (and kuromori's too). Please don't steal them. I'd be sad.

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #294 on: August 26 2006, 08:18 am »
I believe that the way Bee Train will animate the X-world in the anime of Tsubasa will be the thing for the final judging of the anime. For me at least it shall be - I have hung on until now, but if they mess that world up, then I will have no faith in them.
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #295 on: August 26 2006, 08:24 am »
I believe that the way Bee Train will animate the X-world in the anime of Tsubasa will be the thing for the final judging of the anime. For me at least it shall be - I have hung on until now, but if they mess that world up, then I will have no faith in them.

peharps that if the anime was so relatively bad animated until then was because Beetrain was saving all his budget and energy to give us an atonishing firework on this arc  :keke:

* Forum Family *

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #296 on: August 26 2006, 08:33 am »
We can only hope, eh?!  :wink:
In a twisted way I am even very very curious to see whether and how far they will be able to ruin it! Oh, I am being too pessimistic.
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #297 on: August 26 2006, 09:15 am »
can someone help me make a new banner sig set? i tried making it myself and it came out horrible

someone please make me a nice banner with these 2 images colorized: http://i8.tinypic.com/25gw2eh.jpg (id like something in the middle, but i couldnt choose ^^;;) [perhaps something with that suiloute or the eye patch or something ^^;;;;
with the line "I'm sorry I care so much"

matching avatar: the 2 images together, colorized, with the words  "I'm Sorry"

ill give cookies
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline xxxholic

• Good Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 26 2006, 01:34 pm »

Same. If they wreck the arc up. I'm giving up on the anime entirely. Unless they animate all the KuroFai-ness that happened in the past few chapters, i might consider.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #299 on: August 26 2006, 01:51 pm »
Same. If they wreck the arc up. I'm giving up on the anime entirely. Unless they animate all the KuroFai-ness that happened in the past few chapters, i might consider.
the way i feel is that if they dessimate ch 112, i will stop watching the anime and only look at the blog for my guide.
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi